AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-30, 11:24   Link #81
shankss
CP10

Goodbye Moria, that was the final step toward utter failure.You should be lucky if you can stand against Don Krieg or goddamn Coby from now on.........

Too bad Phenomenal is banned, he should have been screaming about bad writing by now.But hey, I'll agree with our glorious forum troll this time.
Old 2009-09-30, 11:53   Link #82
marvelB

By the way, I nearly forgot to mention that while it's cool that we got to see the NW captains again in those pics, I couldn't spot Doma nor Makugai (the captains I'm MOST interested in). I hope that those two guys will be shown when the full chapter is released.....
Old 2009-09-30, 12:50   Link #83
Vree

I wish there was a picture about how Buggy imagines himself thriumpant (muscled body etc.)

Nevertheless this wasn't a bad chapter at all.
Old 2009-09-30, 13:10   Link #84
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hee hee hee, Buggy continues to up the ante in this storyline! I love how Whitebeard casually tells him that he'll give him a chance to kill him after the war is over. I guess ol' Buggy just has the best (and at the same time, worst) luck in the world......
Buggy has, quite possibly, the greatest luck of any character in the One Piece universe, or, at least, he has the greatest survival rate easily equaling (if not surpassing) even Luffy. He's like a cockroach, nothing seems to kill him and he is able to survive even the most implausible scenarios.

Quote:
Still, seeing as that unconfirmed summary was wrong about Zoro's ministory (there was nothing about cutting ghosts), I'm wondering if Marco really DID get held up by Kizaru while Luffy struggled against the smokey man.....
Well, for the cover page at least, it depends on your interpretation of the picture. The aforementioned spoiler indicated that Zoro would be fighting a ghost, and the picture does show Zoro with his sword and scabbard with drawn (from his belt) and a Perona ghost (horo) floating around him. So, it is not to hard to stretch the intial spoiler to indicate that Zoro would be fighting a ghost.

That being said, the easiest way to confirm or deny the spoiler is if Marco and Kizaru actually fight. I persoanlly would still like some sort of flashaback of Luffy witnessing Rayleigh cut Kizaru, but even if the spoiler turns out to be fake, Luffy seeing Boa hit a Logia (which si pretty damn cool in and of itself, especially since it fully confirms that a Logia can be damaged by Haki) could be all the incentive he needs to finally learn the ability.

Quote:
Yeah, I do see that he's using Asgard now. As for why Moria doesn't use a shadow blade to seperate shadows from a person's body instead of those scissors, well..... it's anyone's guess right now, really. I can only assume it's because Moria's not very proficient at forming his shadow into too many shapes aside from Doppelman, Brick Bat and that lizard spear. Well, either that or he's just too lazy to do so.
It would make more sense if Moria can not form useable weapons, or it would make more sense to the story (i.e. the question arose: if Moria can form weapons, then why didn't he use any weapons against Luffy? But, if the answer is that he cannot form delicate/precise weapons (a sword, etc), then the story stays consistent without a possible plot hole).

Quote:
It looked like Moria detached his shadow when he attacked Oars Jr., to me.....
I'm still unsure of that. It looked more like his shadow was still directly tied to his body (Moria acting as the base for the long spear). But, I very well could be wrong. Hopefully an SBS will clear up the matter some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Goodbye Moria, that was the final step toward utter failure.You should be lucky if you can stand against Don Krieg or goddamn Coby from now on.........
I think that is a little unfair. Jinbei has always held one of the superior positions (whether by fans prematurely elevating him there, or recently after seeing his amazing skills), so Moria losing to Jinbei does not negatively affect Moria's rep (whereas Moria losing to Coby would).
Old 2009-09-30, 14:18   Link #85
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Hancock is quite the impudent one interfering in Luffy's fight with Smoker. I'm tired of her whole love sickness crap. It's just like Momonga said; she's a spoiled little brat. If she thinks she can just get away with this, she's sadly mistaken. She had better brace herself for the consequences that await her and Amazon Lily sometime after this war is over. I hope an admiral (particularly Akainu) witnessed those shenanigans of hers and vows to deal out justice to teach her a lesson.
Old 2009-09-30, 14:20   Link #86
james0246

@The Small One: Excuse me, I meant more that Buggy can get out of seemingly impossible situations (which, in turn, is why we call him lucky ). Whether it be the improbable act of falling on an island after being blasted off into the unkown (during his intial meeting way back in the first 2 volumes) or, more recently, being imprsoned on the day (after not being properly categorized as a DF user) Luffy attacked Impel Down, Buggy has the devil's luck. While everyone may always survive being killed, Buggy always finds a way to escape any situation, something only really comparable with Luffy and the Strawhats.

@Blackbeard: Don't take your dissatisfaction with Moria out on poor Boa-chan.... Joking aside, while I love that she struck a logia (which instantly bumps her strength up, in my book), I do agree that she is acting too impulsively. Then again, this makes me very interested in what her story will be after the "war" (before I thought she would simply go back to Amazon Lily, and then maybe in an epilogue she could be with Luffy, but now that she has shown her true colours and has chosen a side, it seems almost impossible for Boa to return home (unless the island has some way of escaping the Marines hold over them)).
Old 2009-09-30, 14:28   Link #87
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post

Too bad Phenomenal is banned, he should have been screaming about bad writing by now.But hey, I'll agree with our glorious forum troll this time.
I raelly don't think Moria is out of this just yet. Remember Gear 3rd against Lucci or Jet Bazooka against Magellan??
Old 2009-09-30, 14:32   Link #88
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@Blackbeard: Don't take your dissatisfaction with Moria out on poor Boa-chan.... Joking aside, while I love that she struck a logia (which instantly bumps her strength up, in my book), I do agree that she is acting too impulsively. Then again, this makes me very interested in what her story will be after the "war" (before I thought she would simply go back to Amazon Lily, and then maybe in an epilogue she could be with Luffy, but now that she has shown her true colours and has chosen a side, it seems almost impossible for Boa to return home (unless the island has some way of escaping the Marines hold over them)).
I just hope that Smoker doesn't become fodder for her. An important character like him who vows to rise up in the ranks and chase Luffy in the New World deserves much better than that. I would actually be content if they stalemate each other. That outcome would appease fans of both Smoker and Hancock.

@MihawkXGP - I hope you're right. It doesn't make sense for a warlord to be so easily beaten by another warlord. What would be the point in the WG recruiting someone so weak into the shichibukai?
Old 2009-09-30, 14:33   Link #89
Boduar

Assuming there are any "permanent" deaths I dont think the marines will have enough forces to deal with amazon lily after this fight. My guess is they will be down to around 3-4 warlords at best, vice-admirals are going down like hotcakes, and if any of the actual admirals are put out of commission they wont have anything to spare. Regardless of how it ends I do not think the marines will have time to deal with Amazon lily.
Old 2009-09-30, 14:36   Link #90
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
Assuming there are any "permanent" deaths I dont think the marines will have enough forces to deal with amazon lily after this fight. My guess is they will be down to around 3-4 warlords at best, vice-admirals are going down like hotcakes, and if any of the actual admirals are put out of commission they wont have anything to spare. Regardless of how it ends I do not think the marines will have time to deal with Amazon lily.
I think the Marines will have more important things to deal with than her betrayal. We've yet to see the fall out of this war, but no doubt there will be Chaos all over the sea which they're gonna have to deal with
Old 2009-09-30, 14:46   Link #91
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I just hope that Smoker doesn't become fodder for her. An important character like him who vows to rise up in the ranks and chase Luffy in the New World deserves much better than that. I would actually be content if they stalemate each other. That outcome would appease fans of both Smoker and Hancock.
Agreed. Seeing a stalemate could be very intersting, but I am guessing that she will not really fight Smoker. Or, if she does, it will finally be confirmed that she cannot control her King's Haki, so she cannot hurt a Logia-user as much as someone like Rayleigh could (or something else to power her down and allow neither to beat the other).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I hope you're right. It doesn't make sense for a warlord to be so easily beaten by another warlord. What would be the point in the WG recruiting someone so weak into the shichibukai?
Becasue he can still deal with 99% of the world's pirates (etc). Just cause he can't defeat the Top 1% (which is likely about 20 people in the entire One Piece universe) does not mean he does not deserve his position (if that was the case, none of the Shichibukai or Admirals would deserve their position considring there are so many strong pirates/revolutionaries out there). Being the strongest is not all there is to being a Shichinukai (it's good if they are, but not necessary when applying for the job).
Old 2009-09-30, 14:47   Link #92
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I think the Marines will have more important things to deal with than her betrayal. We've yet to see the fall out of this war, but no doubt there will be Chaos all over the sea which they're gonna have to deal with
Like Kizaru says, the sins of a pirate are not forgiven. Just because they'll be occupied/concerned with more pressing matters after this war is over, doesn't mean the marines won't seek retribution on her sometime later on.

@James - I'm assuming that in those 20 people you're referring to, you mean the remaining 7 warlords, the 3 admirals, Garp, Sengoku, the 4 emperors, Dragon, Rayleigh, and a few others we have yet to learn about? If that's the case, having him inferior to such a small number of elites doesn't derogate his stature in the One Piece universe. Sorry, I used a poor choice of words there.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:13   Link #93
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I like the way the fight is going. Finally, Smoker in action. Boa shows which side she belongs to (and a mini haki teaching session for Luffy is a good bonus, maybe making him create a gear 4). Kuma's real intentions will become clear, after Iva takes care of him. Garp again does not look very decisive, kind of not wanting Whitebeard to fall.

And Whitebeard's treatment for Buggy was well-planned, even though it was a sudden decision. He understands how to take care of kittens.

I really wish for some strawhats to appear, if not all. Things will become a lot more interesting if they all become the center of the attention.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:19   Link #94
marvelB

About Amazon Lily, I imagine that the government won't attack the island right away. Case in point: Luffy's crew. Despite all the inconveniences they've caused prior to the Sabaody arc, the government hasn't taken any immediate action against them (that's bound to change after this storyline, but still). So the WG may decide to bide their time before they go ahead and eradicate the Kuja clan.....

...That is, until the world nobles get wind of a former slave of theirs protecting the same pirate that put them through such humiliation. Plus, when you add in the fact that the former slave in question is connected to Fisher Tiger (who was also a huge thorn in their side in the past), and you damn skippy they'll want retribution as swiftly as possible. Heck, I'll bet that nasty bastard Charlos will want to turn the entire island of Amazon Lily into his personal harem out of revenge. Y'know, I actually did suspect that Amazon Lily would be connected to the upcoming Merman Island storyline, and Hancock's actions this chapter would be a good excuse to make that possible.....
Old 2009-09-30, 15:23   Link #95
andy

WTF at guys calling boa names if you guys saw the pics you would know that luffy was dead . He try to attack smoker and got own like usual cause he can't hit him. If was not for boa luffy would be dead right now.

She went to war for him , she hell not going to watch him die.

Plus AL nothing will happen to it ,oda has a lot more stuff to deal with fishman island, dragon, fall from the war, how strong the marines going to be , missing war lords

Quote:
About Amazon Lily, I imagine that the government won't attack the island right away. Case in point: Luffy's crew. Despite all the inconveniences they've caused prior to the Sabaody arc, the government hasn't taken any immediate action against them (that's bound to change after this storyline, but still). So the WG may decide to bide their time before they go ahead and eradicate the Kuja clan.....

...That is, until the world nobles get wind of a former slave of theirs protecting the same pirate that put them through such humiliation. Plus, when you add in the fact that the former slave in question is connected to Fisher Tiger (who was also a huge thorn in their side in the past), and you damn skippy they'll want retribution as swiftly as possible. Heck, I'll bet that nasty bastard Charlos will want to turn the entire island of Amazon Lily into his personal harem out of revenge. Y'know, I actually did suspect that Amazon Lily would be connected to the upcoming Merman Island storyline, and Hancock's actions this chapter would be a good excuse to make that possible.....
And how there going to find out she was slave , just because she save luffy. These are guys that have many women and slaves i don't even think there going to remember who hell she is. Plus she had nothing to do with fish tiger who just free slave from human , to fishman also giants. Plus it was 10 years ago for all we know charlos was a little boy.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:28   Link #96
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
And how there going to find out she was slave , just because she save luffy.

The brand on her back, duh.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:30   Link #97
james0246

^I don't think it was ever said to be a secret (outside Amazon Lily) that she was a former slave. I mean, she is a little hard to forget afterall....
Old 2009-09-30, 15:30   Link #98
andy

Quote:
The brand on her back, duh.
How are they going to see by the way . Guess they have to catch her and take off her full body dress .
Old 2009-09-30, 15:33   Link #99
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I think at this point if Boa's tattoo can be seen by the Marines it may end up with the best result for her country. As a slave, she may be removed from leadership, hence, the connection between her and her country might be cut, even if it may be a superficial act. And, as a result, the connection between she and her country might be ignored by the government, and their whole attention can be given to Boa and her sisters.

Quote:
^I don't think it was ever said to be a secret (outside Amazon Lily) that she was a former slave. I mean, she is a little hard to forget afterall....
At the time she was a kid, with her powers not very developed. And considering the time passed, unless someone remembers her from her past, meaning the nobles, it would be really difficult to track for her past. About the nobles remembering her, I doubt they will be very interested in a few kids whom they were merely using as entertainment pieces. At the time, they lost maybe hundreds, so, they were just a small piece of a bigger problem, and it must have been easy for the nobles to just forget about them.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:35   Link #100
marvelB

Quote:

Well maybe, but really the point is that the WG will find out about her connection to Luffy, which would put her into a whole world of trouble to begin with. The nobles being aware of her past is more like icing on the cake, you can say.......
Closed Thread