AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-21, 12:26   Link #21
Darmill

Awesome chapter indeed! Law's abilities are way too broken, but I guess Robin has the best chance to neutralize his power and it would be great to have her stepping up beating a Shichibukai
Old 2012-03-21, 12:27   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Time to review:

Hannybal is now the new warden. What happened to Magellan? We get to see Luffy go up against Brownbeard. And we get to learn Law's fruit: Ope Ope no Mi. I don't like how he switched Nami's heart and body to one of the others. He better have a good explanation for doing that. If Nami's heart is inside Franky's body, at least she could give Law a massive beating with it.
try re-reading the early chapters. Magellan resign form his post because of the breakout and joined the Marines to re-catch the escapees.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:38   Link #23
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
we still don't know why law is helping out the SH's right? or if what he's doing is even considered helping...
Law is not helping the strawhats, only himself... for whatever reason he can't allow the Government or the marines to know about what he is doing, and so he is stopping them for that reason alone. This is also why he performed a body swap on the strawhats because he plans to deal with them aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
try re-reading the early chapters. Magellan resign form his post because of the breakout and joined the Marines to re-catch the escapees.
I don't recall that ever being said...
Most i recall it being said was when Sen goku received the report from impel down after the war; there it was said that Megallan wanted to take full responsibility for the breakout and they suspected he might commit suicide. That is all we know

However, considering Hannybal's new status and the level of Magellan's strength; it seems like there is indeed a very good chance that he may have taken the place of one of the 2 vacant admiral seats.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:39   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:

To be fair, it hasn't actually been confirmed that Magellan became a marine. It's just the most popular (and IMO, most logical) theory that was brought up. That being said, I fully expect to see ol' Mags as a VA soon enough.

BTW, I just wanted to point out that I don't see Law being the main villain of this arc, either (or even one of the villains, period). But that doesn't mean that he's an ally, either. As others already said, he undoubtedly has his own reasons for hanging out at PH and protecting his secrets so fiercely. Personally, I think those giant kids have a lot to do with whatever he's up to, though that still doesn't explain stuff like his possible connection to "M", the mutants, or why he cut up that samurai.....
Old 2012-03-21, 12:41   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
To be fair, it hasn't actually been confirmed that Magellan became a marine. It's just the most popular (and IMO, most logical) theory that was brought up. That being said, I fully expect to see ol' Mags as a VA soon enough.
VA? Magellan is far stronger then any VA (except Garp)shown so far. With 2 vacant Admiral Seats, he probably took one of them.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-03-21 at 12:56.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:52   Link #26
Kallen4life

awesome chapter, awesome arc
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2012-03-21, 12:53   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
VA? Magellan is far stronger then any VA )except Garp)shown so far. With 2 vacant Admiral Seats, he probably took one of them.

I dunno.... the fact that the strength of the VAs varies so wildly makes it seem more likely to me that he'll take that position rather than an admiral's seat. And besides, while he has a deadly DF ability indeed, we haven't seen any spectacular close combat techniques from him outside of his power (attacking with his fake horns was kinda cool I guess, but.... eh). Maybe as a VA he'll have learned Rokushiki or some other crazy martial art....
Old 2012-03-21, 13:00   Link #28
Valky
Radioactive

Dude, Law is super strong .. With operation table that huge, he is definitely a beast. With that Shambles and Scan, he is Surgeon of Death indeed. Oh, seems like he has CoO too btw.

Although I wonder why he switched the SH crew's hearts.

And Robin freezing expression is so cute .. lol.
Old 2012-03-21, 13:16   Link #29
Kallen4life

I think Magellan was VA level pre-skip
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2012-03-21, 16:05   Link #30
gazawraith

people keep saying Law is OP? come on, think about when the Strawhats met Kuma and Don Flamingo... ever. Shichibukai are just super strong.
Old 2012-03-21, 16:10   Link #31
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Robin was so sexy freezing and shaking her thighs!

and a hardcore Sword Lady gotten cut in half, but she kept on attacking! and the author really made a funny out of Zorro w/o dragging down his hardcore self!
Old 2012-03-21, 16:31   Link #32
Undertaker

I actually feels bad for Brownbeard's crew, the way Luffy and co. are looking at them like a pack of wolf finding meat or perverts finding a naked woman.

I'm also interested on why the Supernovas are being refer to as the "Worst Generation" anyone got the information on the original Japanese?

It seems that even without Luffy, the rest of Supernovas is wrecking havoc in their and not just Law and Kid.

I personally won't be surprise if we find more Supernovas ends up as Shikibukai.
Old 2012-03-21, 16:47   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post

awesome chapter, awesome arc
Frozen Robin is as hot as sweaty Robin. These past few chapters have made up for her lack of screentime in the previous arc.
Old 2012-03-21, 18:06   Link #34
Rainbowman

Quote:
Guess I must have missed that. At any rate, I still don't like how Law treated Nami when switching hearts. If I'm lucky, putting Nami's heart in Franky's monstrous body will be a big mistake for Law when Nami-hearted Franky gets angry (especially if Sanji's heart is fondling with Nami's body and for free no doubt).
Old 2012-03-21, 18:11   Link #35
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Frozen Robin is as hot as sweaty Robin. These past few chapters have made up for her lack of screentime in the previous arc.
Well said, I couldn't have put it better myself.

This chapter was pretty amazing, my respect for Law went through the roof.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2012-03-21 at 18:26.
Old 2012-03-21, 19:08   Link #36
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I always had a feeling that if Oda ever did a "body switch" plot, that Sanji would be turned into Nami...

Now I NEED to see where this goes~
Old 2012-03-21, 20:04   Link #37
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This would be my perfect mind/body switch!

Body - Mind
Luffy - Chopper
Zoro - Usopp
Nami - Sanji
Usopp - Robin
Sanji - Franky
Chopper - Zoro
Robin - Luffy
Franky - Brook
Brook - Nami
Old 2012-03-21, 21:14   Link #38
cj1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I actually feels bad for Brownbeard's crew, the way Luffy and co. are looking at them like a pack of wolf finding meat or perverts finding a naked woman.

I'm also interested on why the Supernovas are being refer to as the "Worst Generation" anyone got the information on the original Japanese?

It seems that even without Luffy, the rest of Supernovas is wrecking havoc in their and not just Law and Kid.

I personally won't be surprise if we find more Supernovas ends up as Shikibukai.
The "Worst Generation", guess it makes sense with former supernova's bounty compared with the new generation's. It seems that 100+ bounties are hard to get and very impressive if some like brown beard manage to survive in the new world with only an 80+ bounty (surviving being a generous term since hes now a alligator centuar...haha Law!!!).

Either way love the supernova's can't w8 to see more of Law and definatly can't w8 to see the rest of the 8.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:44   Link #39
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 661
That was a good chapter. The Straw Hats are funny people. They don't seem to taking anything serious at all. Law putting on quite a show. Kinda sad that smoker has no control over his soldiers, but then again they are G-5. Hopefully now that the troops are out of the way we will get to see Smoker in action next chapter. I am kinda curious how law is going to stop the straw hats and Smoker from escaping. Also I am interested to see what kind of resistance haki has on Law's Power. Hopefully Zoro or Luffy takes on Law. The only unknown now is the PH boss.
Old 2012-03-21, 21:49   Link #40
yakumo-chan

I think Magellan is a Vice Admiral Level.
Does he know how to use a Haki?