AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-21, 23:27   Link #1
buymefood
SUPAAA MEMBER:]

Midori no Hibi - Comparing the anime to the manga

I finished the entire manga series before the anime and the differences are EXTREMELY noticeable. First off, they left out most of the good scenes and dialogues from the manga and only included a few of them in the anime, if at all. I guess the producers wanted a more 'kid friendly' show since they didn't show Midori's childhood friend (forgot name) showing attraction to Seiji. Maybe it's just me..
Old 2006-12-24, 11:43   Link #2
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

not getting the manga?
but Midori no Hibi is really the one which making me into anime^^
Old 2006-12-28, 20:36   Link #3
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Quote:
Originally Posted by buymefood View Post
I finished the entire manga series before the anime and the differences are EXTREMELY noticeable. First off, they left out most of the good scenes and dialogues from the manga and only included a few of them in the anime, if at all. I guess the producers wanted a more 'kid friendly' show since they didn't show Midori's childhood friend (forgot name) showing attraction to Seiji. Maybe it's just me..
lol.I really don't think it was "kid friendly" coz' there were a lot of scenes showing midori's boobs..
Old 2007-01-10, 05:03   Link #4
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

I show the anime 1st then the Manga version. Both are kinda expected to me cause I know that the anime doesn't go into much details on the certain part of it. But on the Overall I like it and wasn't much of a disappointed.
Old 2007-02-03, 18:05   Link #5
xaquastarx

I found that Midori no Hibi didn't get that addiction thing which glues me to shows like Ouran and such. It wasn't that kid-friendly and the but it was still good.
Old 2007-02-03, 20:39   Link #6
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
lol.I really don't think it was "kid friendly" coz' there were a lot of scenes showing midori's boobs..
Just what I was going to say!

They simplified it so that they can package it easier and sell it quickly.
Old 2007-02-04, 08:59   Link #7
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
Just what I was going to say!

They simplified it so that they can package it easier and sell it quickly.
lol at those bastards!
Old 2007-03-09, 14:43   Link #8
Maritime
Oceanic

I quite liked the anime although the ending was a a massive disapointment, having never read the manga I don't know the similarities and differences but it was a really fun series to watch.
Old 2007-03-09, 14:57   Link #9
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

to me, it was a bit disappointing how they didn't really developped a lot the supporting characters, especially Kouta. (no hilarous ambigous Yaoi with Seiji, his devotion to Midori was kinda cut in half, seriously.)
in fact, the plot was far less cluttered by fillers, compared to its manga counterpart (that was really a good point, where the manga was really going overboard, a la Love Hina), but the critical plot devices weren't really written pretty well. (Seiji's Choice about Midori didn't have any impact in the anime, while in the manga, it was a critical dilemna, meaning an end, but also a beginning)

it was really enjoyable, but it wasn't really faithful to the original main plot.
as a side note, i felt the "Takako FULL ATTACK MODE day" in the anime was much better than its dull clusmy manga counterpart.
both versions are kinda completing each other.
Old 2008-03-06, 05:42   Link #10
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Ending of midori

ending of Midori?

Based on the wiki

Spoiler for anime ending:

then

Spoiler for manga , based on wiki:

If you look at the bold part, Shouldnt it be wrong? i mean when i read the Manga, the way i remember was ,

Spoiler for manga ending that i read:

Could some one confirm this? I just want to make sure. So does she remember or not? What is this spin of that the wiki talks about?

For wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midori_...nly_characters.

Now another question. At the very end of the Manga , Seiji tells Midori

Spoiler for manga at the very ending:

Does any one know what does that supposed to mean ? I have a feeling , there is something to that last statement but i dont know what is. I would really appreciate if any one could tell me.

Thanks alot in advance.
Old 2008-03-06, 07:13   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

The ending is left open for your own interpretation but maybe it helps if you read the last chapter again (and look at the actual pictures as well as the words).

Spoiler for Manga ending:

Edit: And of course there is a 4-koma at the end of the last volume that does actually state she read the diary so I guess it isn't down to any interpretation anymore
Old 2008-03-06, 23:12   Link #12
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The ending is left open for your own interpretation but maybe it helps if you read the last chapter again (and look at the actual pictures as well as the words).

Spoiler for Manga ending:

Edit: And of course there is a 4-koma at the end of the last volume that does actually state she read the diary so I guess it isn't down to any interpretation anymore
Thanks alot. I completely had forgotten that Midori no hibi was in this section. It had been such a long time since i last saw midori no hibi. By chance few days ago i watched a few episode again but it had been like 3 years since i thought about it. Well you should then probably merge the thread in the license section with this one too . Sorry for the trouble .

Also the last pages were in japanese so i couldnt read. gotta find an english version i guess .