AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-16, 20:25   Link #3921
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

do you guys know what ENB he uses tho? not the stuff in the link. the actual enb mod?
Old 2014-02-16, 23:39   Link #3922
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

No idea sorry, but the Climates of Tamriel mod has some suggestions to use which look pretty interesting.
Old 2014-02-17, 14:32   Link #3923
sa547
*Author

Looking at the vid, yes, he's using CoT, but there's a handful of ENB presets that'll produce such clarity (I'm thinking Project ENB, because this is the one preset that provided the best brightness/contrast/performance balance for CoT/ENB 0.221 users -- every other I tried, especially those made for 0.250, were either too dark, not vibrant, or too much contrast).
Old 2014-02-17, 22:53   Link #3924
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, I've seen screenshots of really nice looking characters and such, mostly from the Japanese modding community.

What does one need to have to make their Skyrim look that nice, and will it melt a GTX460?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 02:08   Link #3925
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My mom found this on Facebook and sent it my way. Enjoy.

Old 2014-02-18, 05:52   Link #3926
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
So, I've seen screenshots of really nice looking characters and such, mostly from the Japanese modding community.

What does one need to have to make their Skyrim look that nice, and will it melt a GTX460?
A GTX460 will handle well enough (and nope, no overclocking), provided that for modding you need at least:

* A quad-core processor
* 8gb of system memory
* 2gb of video memory
* Windows 7 64-bit
* 20gb of disk space or more

Sometimes it's only when your PC is way below those specs then the only way is to mod the game at the minimum, invest in better system upgrades, or just play it vanilla with unofficial patches.

Of course, to make Skyrim looking that good and stable isn't easy, and hence it's much of a hobby tweaking and revamping the game to the way you want it, whether strictly lore or loaded with fun mods and waifu, so there are several instructional articles on how to do so, beginning with this:
http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page
Old 2014-02-18, 07:30   Link #3927
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
A GTX460 will handle well enough (and nope, no overclocking), provided that for modding you need at least:

* A quad-core processor
* 8gb of system memory
* 2gb of video memory
* Windows 7 64-bit
* 20gb of disk space or more
Let's see...

1) Got an i5 2400, so I think I'm solid on that.
2) Will be getting 8GB in April when my bonus comes in...
3) ...bugger, I think mine's a 1GB versions.
4) Same as the RAM, in April...
5) That, I have. (Well, once I clear more space and get another internal hard drive)

Quote:
Sometimes it's only when your PC is way below those specs then the only way is to mod the game at the minimum, invest in better system upgrades, or just play it vanilla with unofficial patches.

Of course, to make Skyrim looking that good and stable isn't easy, and hence it's much of a hobby tweaking and revamping the game to the way you want it, whether strictly lore or loaded with fun mods and waifu, so there are several instructional articles on how to do so, beginning with this:
http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page
Thanks for the help! Well, looks like I might not have much success now, but I'm going to upgrade my rig anyway for Star Citizen, at the end of the year, so I think I can live with that until then. (Need to finish Fallout New Vegas anyway... been putting that off since 2011 lol.)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 11:59   Link #3928
nooneagain

Skyrim - Sneak Leveling up [no exploit/cheat]

I know that you can move around in sneak mode and level up sneak, or hit a person with something and you'll level sneak up, at least that's how I do it.

*confession*lol I used High Hrothgar trick to exploit in my recent gameplay for up about 40-55 levels(I forgot), I never realized how "unlawful/unfair" it was LOL. how stupid of me. After that I started playing the game and leveling up my sneak to 93 levels naturally.

so much for that lol.
anyway, my main point of posting: I want to ask you guys what is your technique in leveling up sneak? just curious. And how was your experience? I'm mainly playing an archer with some one-handed weapons and adept destruction, so do you have some tips on those?

I'm thinking of starting a new game after I finished my current game.
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 03:09   Link #3929
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

*HALLOWEEN IS NEAR, SO NECRO IS APPROPRIATE*

Anyway, Skyrim Special Edition just showed up a couple hours ago...and like I feared, my old savegames seem to cause CTDs on the new client. The most galling fact is that the issues are not triggered by mods (of which I have none, as I have -proudly- declared here in this thread a few years ago), but by files like the High Resolution Pack, the DLC esm files, etc. I only have ONE modified file (thanks to the Skyrim Creation Kit, called NEW.esp, which contains modified objects like Lydia) and copy-pasting it over didn't do the trick.

Loading a save file just guarantees a crash. Any tips on how to fix this? I'm not very keen on restarting everything from scratch; as enthralling as Skyrim is, it is also horribly time-consuming and I'm not sure I want to redo all quest lines and trudge through all tombs again just to see how the graphics have evolved.
Old 2016-10-29, 06:45   Link #3930
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
*HALLOWEEN IS NEAR, SO NECRO IS APPROPRIATE*

Anyway, Skyrim Special Edition just showed up a couple hours ago...and like I feared, my old savegames seem to cause CTDs on the new client. The most galling fact is that the issues are not triggered by mods (of which I have none, as I have -proudly- declared here in this thread a few years ago), but by files like the High Resolution Pack, the DLC esm files, etc. I only have ONE modified file (thanks to the Skyrim Creation Kit, called NEW.esp, which contains modified objects like Lydia) and copy-pasting it over didn't do the trick.

Loading a save file just guarantees a crash. Any tips on how to fix this? I'm not very keen on restarting everything from scratch; as enthralling as Skyrim is, it is also horribly time-consuming and I'm not sure I want to redo all quest lines and trudge through all tombs again just to see how the graphics have evolved.
Skyrim: SE is not compatible with the old game files AFAIK.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 08:16   Link #3931
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Apparently, it is possible to export one's saves provided the old game is NOT heavily modded, in which cases there will inevitably be compatibility issues. So, if you've played Skyrim in vanilla form from start to finish (as I have), physically transferring the saves in the C:\User\My Documents\My Games\* from the old folder to the new one should work.

I guess it's that aforementioned NEW.esm file that's giving me grief. *sigh*
Old 2016-10-30, 03:51   Link #3932
Xacual

I love how clearly Bethesda phoned it in as usual. Worse compressed audio and they just simply upscaled a lot of the graphics according to modders who were going through the files. It seems like the only good thing about the remaster is the fact that it's x64 and can use more of your CPU rather than the limit the original game had.

I'll still probably stick to the original game that I have modded perfectly the way I want it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 10:27   Link #3933
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I love how clearly Bethesda phoned it in as usual. Worse compressed audio and they just simply upscaled a lot of the graphics according to modders who were going through the files. It seems like the only good thing about the remaster is the fact that it's x64 and can use more of your CPU rather than the limit the original game had.

I'll still probably stick to the original game that I have modded perfectly the way I want it.
This was obviously more for the Console kiddies who can't get a PC. The PC version is just a gift for PC users. Thats why it's free for us.
Old 2016-11-02, 18:49   Link #3934
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Yeah. There's literally no point to the Remastered version when the modding community has already made the original game look better than the Remastered version for YEARS now.
Old 2016-11-02, 20:23   Link #3935
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Yeah. There's literally no point to the Remastered version when the modding community has already made the original game look better than the Remastered version for YEARS now.
Preach! Hey Beth, give us TES 6 already!!
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 21:05   Link #3936
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
You mean apart from the fact the remastered version is far less likely to repeatedly crash if you use a whole lot of mods, unlike the original.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 23:07   Link #3937
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You mean apart from the fact the remastered version is far less likely to repeatedly crash if you use a whole lot of mods, unlike the original.
It depends on the mods. And it's only if you've got more than, say, 40+. Steam Workshop maxes out at 50, I think. I mean, who really has THAT MANY? There's some key ones to pick up, but everything else is a lot of fluff and don't add much.
Old 2016-11-03, 07:23   Link #3938
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Skryim Special runs about 100 times better. Load times are near instant for me now. while the vanilla version unmodded took 10 seconds to 30 seconds sometimes when Modded.

Looking forward to SKSE64
Old 2016-11-03, 10:34   Link #3939
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

It was also free for most owners of the old Skyrim on steam... so nothing wrong with that.

EDIT: Okay, thinking about it, it's not a good argument.

It's nice we PC owners could get it for free, but people have to buy it on console... so I guess, if you got it for free on PC it's good, you can play it because you got it anyway.
But for consoles it might not be worth it at all.

Last edited by Kyral; 2016-11-03 at 14:05.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-05, 02:43   Link #3940
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
It was also free for most owners of the old Skyrim on steam... so nothing wrong with that.

EDIT: Okay, thinking about it, it's not a good argument.

It's nice we PC owners could get it for free, but people have to buy it on console... so I guess, if you got it for free on PC it's good, you can play it because you got it anyway.
But for consoles it might not be worth it at all.
It was a much greater improvement for console users than PC users. Console it's a night and day difference in visual fidelity. As I said, I'm playing it on PC and it's not really that much better.

Yes, load times are a bit shorter, but since it's on an SSD for me it's literally a few seconds difference (like 15 seconds versus 20 seconds or something). Unless I have my stopwatch out, I can barely tell the difference. Hell, Witcher 3 takes longer to load than either game. I also played Skyrim on XBOX 360, and that took forever to load, but load times on PC have always been short if you're not using a 5400 RPM drive.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim