AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-26, 10:34   Link #101
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Loving the vol. 7 release, the other masters in murim seem to be obsessed with the Black Heaven Earth skill so that they're willing to shed cold blood for it. This Christmas present certainly beats the hoodies I got from my relatives.
So is vol. 8 going to be released in New Years?
Old 2009-12-26, 13:47   Link #102
Johnny
Working the bags...

I seen the cam scans of vol 8. If you want them let me know and I'll PM you the link...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 22:30   Link #103
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Goomonryong pwns too much, dear Lord... It's been a long time since a manga/anime got me jumping up and down in my room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I seen the cam scans of vol 8. If you want them let me know and I'll PM you the link...
Oh, I'll take up on that offer.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 07:36   Link #104
Wrath88
Kissing...

Please, I would also like to see it. Even with 1 arm down... he's really overpowered.
So what are the 9 Dragon Arts? I only recall Claw and Step.
Old 2009-12-27, 08:25   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Please, I would also like to see it. Even with 1 arm down... he's really overpowered.
So what are the 9 Dragon Arts? I only recall Claw and Step.
There's also staff. Though we've never seen him use one, have we?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 07:05   Link #106
Wrath88
Kissing...

But this is turning out interesting, in the sense that we're seeing interschool politics being the source of a whole load of trouble.

Anyway, what exactly would be the crime perpetrated by 9 Arts Dragon's master, and what makes his secret technique so godlike? Those are the two questions I'm most interested in.
Old 2009-12-28, 07:33   Link #107
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
But this is turning out interesting, in the sense that we're seeing interschool politics being the source of a whole load of trouble.

Anyway, what exactly would be the crime perpetrated by 9 Arts Dragon's master, and what makes his secret technique so godlike? Those are the two questions I'm most interested in.
Spoiler for Black Heaven and Earth technique:
Old 2009-12-28, 11:31   Link #108
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I always wondered, is the Soul Breaking Technique unique to the 9 dragon arts? No one else seems to know how to do it, and very few even recognizes it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 13:42   Link #109
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

From what I understand, the nine dragon arts aren't specific techniques. But the guy with the best punch will get the Dragon Claw Art. It's possible (likely?) that what's-his-real-name-anyway got it with that technique.
Old 2009-12-29, 05:34   Link #110
Wrath88
Kissing...

It could also be that the Dragon Arts are something of a title. Each art is along the lines of the school's specialty. As for the talk about the teacher stealing the techniques, I think when he went to the tournament that time, he simply dodged around and let the opponents fire their own techniques, and he simply imitated them. Though I'm wondering a little given how shocked he was at the dude's innate talent to copy after seeing a technique once.
Old 2009-12-29, 05:58   Link #111
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No, I think he stole the titles. The theory was that the guy with the best technique get the corresponding title. The practice was that the big name schools agreed in advance which title would go to whom, with maybe a handful being really up for grabs. What Nine Arts Dragon did was get in there and actually compete to get the titles. Not only that, but he won them.
Old 2010-01-02, 01:06   Link #112
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Chapter 53 is out and A-team will be releasing chapters daily.
Spoiler for 53:
Old 2010-01-04, 20:19   Link #113
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
woot i've finished the vol. 7 marathon lulz

action packed chapters
Old 2010-01-05, 01:21   Link #114
Xion Valkyrie

I'm betting he's either going to die at this part of the story or be severely maimed and captured. Then it's up to the disciple to explore Murim by himself and get stronger.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 22:28   Link #115
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Can't wait the see the kid fight against that "door man" ... damn my inability to remember Korean names >_>
Old 2010-01-06, 00:06   Link #116
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I'm betting he's either going to die at this part of the story or be severely maimed and captured. Then it's up to the disciple to explore Murim by himself and get stronger.
I agree with you, I also have a feeling that the master is going to die and the kid is going to be on the run from the Murim. After all this manga seems to follow the path of avenging your master.

Can't wait for more chapters to come out and see the epic fight inside the tower.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 01:10   Link #117
Ch3i
omnomnom

The Breaker is an ok manhwa. I hear it's storyline is similar to Veritas(another manhwa, I have yet to read it), but it's still too cliche all the same. The art looks original, which is one of the main reasons I read it. One of the most irritating parts of reading Korean to English translations is that everything gets so long. >.< For example, the Il-Wol-Shin-Dan(일월신단), Hyun-Chun-Ji-Gong(현천지공). See what I mean? xD Must be a betch for editors.
Ch3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 01:20   Link #118
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If it was me, I'll come up with an equivalent japanese names for the characters. I can't even pronounce most names in Manhwas.. I don't even know if I'm pronouncing that correctly
Old 2010-01-06, 01:23   Link #119
Ch3i
omnomnom

I'm not sure why Korean characters should be written in Japanese, but yeah sorry, it's right there on my keyboard xD.
Ch3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 02:03   Link #120
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3i View Post
The Breaker is an ok manhwa. I hear it's storyline is similar to Veritas(another manhwa, I have yet to read it), but it's still too cliche all the same. The art looks original, which is one of the main reasons I read it. One of the most irritating parts of reading Korean to English translations is that everything gets so long. >.< For example, the Il-Wol-Shin-Dan(일월신단), Hyun-Chun-Ji-Gong(현천지공). See what I mean? xD Must be a betch for editors.
But then conversely, you've got to switch between kanji, hiragana and katakana for manga, whereas Korean, it's just one alphabet. But maybe it's because I'm Korean myself and the language comes second hand as opposed to Japanese which I just started.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves