AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-07, 09:17   Link #1
kamehameha

Just watched Kimikiss Pure rogue

and i'm looking for a similar anime ..can be any genre..(if it incorporates romance ++) that has a character like eriko futami. You know the dark lonely outcast type who's mysteriousness attracts the viewer. She reminded me of the C.C., Senjohara type, but she upped it to the next level. On a side note i loved episode 20 and 24 ^_^
Old 2010-07-07, 10:36   Link #2
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

As I have no knowledge of Kimikiss Pure rogue, but going from the description of {dark lonely outcast type who's mysteriousness attracts the viewer}

and giving C.C as an example, I would suggest Fate/Stay Night might be what you're looking for, it does incorporate romance.
Old 2010-07-07, 11:47   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ehh not sure Fate/Stay Night would be anything close to Kimikiss but still a great title in it's own way.

For something similar to Kimikiss the currently airing Amagami SS would probably be it, which atm I'm finding to be alot better than Kimikiss and I love Kimikiss.

I could name a manga that's slightly similar also, Countrouble 8 chapters out so far and is a pretty good read.
Old 2010-07-07, 12:13   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
For something similar to Kimikiss the currently airing Amagami SS would probably be it, which atm I'm finding to be alot better than Kimikiss and I love Kimikiss.
Agreeing with this.

There's also Honey and Clover which deals with two love stories on the go at once.
Old 2010-07-07, 12:28   Link #5
thefeared

H/C is not like Kimikiss. Hagu is not an outcast type like Eriko.
Old 2010-07-07, 12:35   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeared View Post
I never said it was at all. All i'm saying is that both shows involve two love stories, and the OP did ask for a similar show. Nothing wrong with that now is there?
Old 2010-07-07, 14:51   Link #7
kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
As I have no knowledge of Kimikiss Pure rogue, but going from the description of {dark lonely outcast type who's mysteriousness attracts the viewer}

and giving C.C as an example, I would suggest Fate/Stay Night might be what you're looking for, it does incorporate romance.
You should watch it :]..Iv'e watched this already thanks..sorry..to all here is my mal http://myanimelist.net/animelist/mujtaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
ehh not sure Fate/Stay Night would be anything close to Kimikiss but still a great title in it's own way.

Again iv'e seen this, honestly im just looking for a character similar to her in possibly a romance role.

I could name a manga that's slightly similar also, Countrouble 8 chapters out so far and is a pretty good read.
I'm watching amagami but isn't only one episode out so far o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Agreeing with this.

There's also Honey and Clover which deals with two love stories on the go at once.
Quote:
Quote:
I never said it was at all. All i'm saying is that both shows involve two love stories, and the OP did ask for a similar show. Nothing wrong with that now is there?
Honestly i was more attracted to the show because of the characters, does this show have any outstanding characters, hopefully they're all not the bubbly type, i want some mystery
Old 2010-07-07, 14:52   Link #8
kamehameha

here is a better description of what she's like (w/o) watching the show

School: Kibina High
Class: 2-B
Belongs To: No one in Particular
Height: 162 cm
Three-Sizes: 78/55/79
Blood Type: AB
Birthday: 1st of November
Constellation: Scorpio
Dislikes: Meddling others, Crowds
Hobby: Experimenting
Future Dream: Thinking of Disappearing
Favorite Food: Because eating is troublesome, so there are lots of times when she ends up eating snacks and junk food.
Hated Food: Because there's no desire to eat delicious food, there's no disliked food.

Futami Eriko is considered the smartest person in the school; this includes guys and girls.

Futami seems to have a very bland set of taste buds and is usually found by herself in the science lab eating chips with mayo and honey as the topping.

Though she is the smartest person in the school, she seems not to care to much about grades because she turns in blank papers every now and then just to see what everyone thinks.

She is very self-centered at first, but it seems she wants to explore feelings or just "experiment" as she says. Maybe she wants to understand what people feel when they're in a relationship, something she has not yet experienced.

Futami later meets Kazuki who immediately falls in love with her. This instant attraction is probably due to the fact that they kiss. Her feelings are unknown but she uses Kazuki in her experiments which include: holding hands, staring into each other's eyes, kissing, and many more.

As the show goes on, she begins to change and starts really liking Kazuki as well.
Old 2010-07-07, 15:26   Link #9
thefeared

Don't be mistaken, H/C is one of the best and most realistic (as far as anime goes) anime I've ever watched, but it's just not very similar to Kimikiss. (I loved Kimikiss too btw)
Old 2010-07-07, 15:39   Link #10
kamehameha

Quote:
Don't be mistaken, H/C is one of the best and most realistic (as far as anime goes) anime I've ever watched, but it's just not very similar to Kimikiss. (I loved Kimikiss too btw)
I don't wanna watch something "too realistic" like nana or anything that ventures into that category. A slice of life is fine and good enough to me. I'm glad you loved it, who was your favorite character? I feel like the ending was too sudden, there shud have been an ep that the couples got to themselves unless the OVA is like that? But yeah, iguess the hunt for a character like futami san continues
Old 2010-07-07, 16:02   Link #11
kamehameha

another example of a similar character to futami san is nanaka from myself;yourself
http://myanimelist.net/character/5360/Nanaka_Yatsushiro
Old 2010-07-07, 16:21   Link #12
Iluvatar

I think you should try True Tears. At least I had the same feeling when I watched True Tears and Kimikiss. And I think they are quite similar overall.
Old 2010-07-07, 17:39   Link #13
kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
I think you should try True Tears. At least I had the same feeling when I watched True Tears and Kimikiss. And I think they are quite similar overall.
you're right,but i've already watched it
Old 2010-07-08, 03:44   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
you're right,but i've already watched it
That's why it would help if you listed some shows you've already seen.
Old 2010-07-08, 18:08   Link #15
kamehameha

Quote:
That's why it would help if you listed some shows you've already seen.
post 7 has my mal posted in it
Closed Thread