AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-02, 21:26   Link #1
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Shops in Toronto that sell Naruto games?

are there any shop in toronto that sells naruto 2 or 3 for gc?
because i don't have credit card.. can't buy off net
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 21:42   Link #2
OniLink742
Hidden Pimp Villiage Kage

I'd be surprized if there is. All teh Naruto games are imports and only few shops sell imports.
OniLink742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 12:33   Link #3
NL|MegaMika

You can create a free Paypal account and update it with a bank transfer (to a Paypal bank account in your home country). As soon as Paypal adds the money to your account you can pay at websites like Playasia.com. Totally free, I use it too.

Good luck.
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 18:40   Link #4
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL|MegaMika
You can create a free Paypal account and update it with a bank transfer (to a Paypal bank account in your home country). As soon as Paypal adds the money to your account you can pay at websites like Playasia.com. Totally free, I use it too.

Good luck.

so how does it work? i have to have an bank account, then i can transfer money from there to paypal account? plz explain this as if u were to explain to a guy with no knowledge of banking
Old 2004-11-06, 23:05   Link #5
Tree (木)
Apprentice ANBU

Send a message via ICQ to Tree (木) Send a message via AIM to Tree (木) Send a message via MSN to Tree (木) Send a message via Yahoo to Tree (木)
Post Paypal & it's uses

Paypal is one of the greatest things to come out of the internet, next to ebay & bit torrent.

To use paypal, you MUST have a bank account. Paypal basically works like an extra bank account that you can transfer money through. They are classified as a "financial institution". You can even get a debit card that is linked to Paypal - although I personally just transfer the money I receive back into my checking account although that takes about 2-3 days.

With paypal, you can buy things online through stores & ebay. You can also RECEIVE money through paypal by selling items through ebay or other website, or if you need money wired to you from family (ha ha). Paypal also has a feature that you can get your money refunded if the seller screws you over.

It is available in MOST countries, although I'm not sure if it is in Japan quite yet, since there is a weird banking system over there.

Bidpay.com is also a great option when paying for auctions, but only to pay US sellers.

Hope that helps! I am strongly thinking about buying a Gamecube JUST to play the 2 Naruto games, since it's unlikely that it will be released here anytime soon.
Tree (木) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 11:04   Link #6
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH
so how does it work? i have to have an bank account, then i can transfer money from there to paypal account? plz explain this as if u were to explain to a guy with no knowledge of banking
Telling you that will take me an entire day. Go to Paypal.com and read, read more and read even more, until you get sick of it. all information you require can be found at their site, but it takes some time because there's a whole lot of text, faqs, rules etc.
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 13:22   Link #7
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I live in Toronto, sometimes. Go to KIKIWAI. It's a great store!!

Go here for directions.

http://www.kikiwai.com
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 13:31   Link #8
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi

Go here for directions.

wow what a great site

OOOOO.....

AAAAAA......

*claps*

CHOPPER!!!!!!!!

i want them T.T
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 20:20   Link #9
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Quote:

Go here for directions.

i check the site and they sell lotta anime items, but do they sell games?
Old 2004-11-07, 21:59   Link #10
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

Last I knew, the Naruto games, those for the PS2, the GC, and even the GBA are only being released in Japan. At least that's what I've been told, however much I wish otherwise, I would love to get the PS2 games.
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 23:29   Link #11
Tree (木)
Apprentice ANBU

Send a message via ICQ to Tree (木) Send a message via AIM to Tree (木) Send a message via MSN to Tree (木) Send a message via Yahoo to Tree (木)
Gamecube's one big advantage

I wish Playstation would get the hint & make their systems globally compatible. I know you can play Japanese games on a US PS2 if you hack it, but I'm not that risky.

The Gamecube, on the other hand, CAN play Japanese games. The rest of it's games are pretty crappy.. err, shall I say "kiddy," but I think just to play the Naruto games & any other anime game it would be worth it. I've been snagging translation guides for the Naruto games in hopes I'll get them someday.

The Naruto GBA games ARE available on ROM emulators. I like #2 the best (please don't ask me to type the full title). You play as a team & can switch between Naruto, Sasuke & Sakura. And once you beat it they give you another character. Gameplay is simplistic sidescrolling - but very reminiscent of the Super Nintendo days... and with the short supply of Naruto video games, it will do nicely. Naruto #1 on the other hand has a LOT of kana text... and I personally do not want to bust out my dictionary & study guides while I'm playing a game. At the very most I will pronounce the words badly & fumble for their meanings. =)

Along a similar note, what is with Japanese story games? Like the Chobits game on GBA, or the RPG game on SNES? Again, I don't go to any extreme efforts to translate the game, but it only consists of you pushing the button to advance to the next frame... like reading a simplified manga. I could probably beat the whole Chobits game just by setting my controller to "autofire" the A button. I guess it does have ONE stupid little excercise mini game, but it is very simple.

Sorry to ramble! じゃな!

Tree (木) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 03:45   Link #12
winson604

If u live in van i can help u out. many stores sell them here thx to the massive chinese population. if u live in toronto it wont be a problem either im sure.
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 13:06   Link #13
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604
If u live in van i can help u out. many stores sell them here thx to the massive chinese population. if u live in toronto it wont be a problem either im sure.

well i live in toronto, and i donno where to get them... gr..
Old 2004-11-08, 20:43   Link #14
RuNE
bomberman

Send a message via AIM to RuNE
Use the Kikiwai site to get their directions, and in the same mall, there is a store with a geeky fat guy ala glasses that was playing one of the naruto games the last time we went there. Not sure if it was GC or PS2, but if you're gonna gotto kikiwai, you might as well check it out too.
I beleive you go on the second floor via escalator, do a U-turn right off it, and head straight to the back. He sells games/movies and models mostly. Kikiwai is manga/poster/plush shop mostly. I think both stores are on the same level.
RuNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 21:43   Link #15
salabanzi
Kakashi FanBoi

Go to Highway 7 and Leslie and there is a restaurant named Saigon Star. Near that plaza is an Asian game store which sells many import games. My friend recently got his Naruto 2 for PS2 there. Chances are there are GC games for Naruto there, give it a try.
salabanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 22:33   Link #16
sheen

Quote:

Go here for directions.

Kikiwai overprice their most of their merchandise, it should be your last resort, financial rise. Try hitting pmail or AnimeXtreme. AnimeXtreme is overpriced as well but somewhat cheaper than Kikiwai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH
i check the site and they sell lotta anime items, but do they sell games?
You can place a specialized order with them. I.e. they get it for you, you pay for it.
sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 00:57   Link #17
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

Make sure you get a freeloader too, can play them with a North American cube then.
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 01:08   Link #18
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hor
Make sure you get a freeloader too, can play them with a North American cube then.
they sell those there too?
Old 2004-11-09, 02:48   Link #19
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

Not sure, I'm sure if they have the games though, they would have a freeloader or a similar bootdisk.
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 07:56   Link #20
Ogata
Underling

you can always try Pacific Mall if u noe what i mean..
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote