AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-13, 16:03   Link #601
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, its the "horserace harem" meme... it automatically assumes the guy is worth the effort :P or that that something has even been agreed to. Not sure it really applies here

So far the guy is being simply human - he's a bit fuzzy on what to make of all this? However, he and Yuki are a couple; if/when *he* starts pursuing other girls without releasing Yuki; then I start wondering what the other girls think they'd be getting :P
Well White Album begin somewhat differently than other series in this genre as the so called "might be worth it guy" already has a girlfriend. Normally the guy is single and in the end he picks one. So i guess the story would have to proceed with the story a little differently than normal considering hes already taken.
Old 2009-02-13, 16:10   Link #602
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Man, the 'winning' stuff, I think, is just a metaphor. But if you want to continue the discussion, be my guest.
qwerty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 18:05   Link #603
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, its the "horserace harem" meme... it automatically assumes the guy is worth the effort :P or that that something has even been agreed to.
Since he is the only male lead I guess it is natural that even an unworthy guy will get chased by girls. I would more surprised if he doesn't "win" anyone in the end making this series one of a kind

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 18:33   Link #604
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Since he is the only male lead I guess it is natural that even an unworthy guy will get chased by girls. I would more surprised if he doesn't "win" anyone in the end making this series one of a kind
I would laugh my ass off if that happen. To go all through all that to end up with no one in the end indeed would be one of a kind.
Old 2009-02-13, 18:49   Link #605
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
So which girl do you think should win and why?
Yuki. 1). She was there first. 2). They have a relationship already. 3). They obviously both care about each other.
Old 2009-02-13, 23:17   Link #606
prototype_sky

technically haruka was there first
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 09:38   Link #607
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I meant relationship wise and in his heart (cheesy, I know).
Old 2009-02-14, 15:37   Link #608
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Chaos ni naruuuuuuu~~ (By: Chaos;Head OP)

Spoiler for ep7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 19:16   Link #609
Mentar
Banned

Yupyup. Over the last episodes, we've seen the storywriters stack the oil drums, spill some gasoline and remove the fire extinguishers, and now the burning cigarettes start rolling down the hill...

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 01:54   Link #610
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 7 thoughts:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 14:01   Link #611
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 7
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 15:45   Link #612
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm liking this show more and more. For me, this season is White Album, Marimite, and Genji.
Spoiler for ep7:
Great work from Nabatame Hitomi as Mana, as others have pointed out. Occasional hints of her role in Candy Boy. And also wonderful work from Masu Nozomi (Ginko in Kurenai) as Haruka. Takamoto Megumi (Chao Rinshen in Negima) is making Misaki work. And Eiji is voiced so effectively by Hayami Shou senpai (Maximilian Jenius in Macross, Julious in the Angelique shows).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 19:07   Link #613
Peanutbutter

Wait, I thought Haruka Tomatsu was voicing Mana?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 20:17   Link #614
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Wait, I thought Haruka Tomatsu was voicing Mana?
Wouldn't be the first mistake I've made by trusting my memory. And.you.are.right. I was mixing her up with the new character Nana in Marimite. She's still doing a good job. But it's Nana that reminds of Candy Boy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 21:44   Link #615
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 7 :

Well , the world is short , Touya was the new mizuki's teacher ...
Wow , it will be more difficult now with all the girls !
Misaki need Touya for his works and for the love .(she loves him)
Haruka need Touya , he is the one who can make Haruka happy .. Ahah the guy next Touya's apartment ^^ poor Haruka ...
Yayoi use anything for Touya if he want to meet Yuki ..
Yuki need Touya , well they are in love .
Rina huh , i don't understand very well what she wants really , but need Touya too ..
So in the end = They will end up to kill each other for Touya !!! (joking but it can be true ... )

The touya's father part was hilarious
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 23:09   Link #616
Noamara

WOW

When Mana began to speak I already had this feeling I heard her voice before, which I also had the last time (episode 5? don´t remember).

And then BUMM!!! Looked up on Wikipedia and yeah Haruka Tomatsu!!!! Soooooo gooooood work my favorite seiyuu .

Yeah...Haruka Tomatsu voicing Mana was my highlight in this whole anime series so far^^. And Mana as character is also my favorite. She wanted to say she is Yuuki´s ... what? Cousin? Hmmm? Someone knows?

Loving OP and especially ED (did someone think Suara´s singing sounds like Aya Hirano? I thought that she sung the ED and then looked up see being wrong :/).

Also: Does anyone gets "Yikes"/bad/dark mood of the timesetting in 1986? I have this depressing feeling. Without Internet and cell phones..people being way harder to reach gives off a feeling of loneliness to me.
Noamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 23:39   Link #617
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Looks like Eclipse's subs are out.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 00:04   Link #618
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Touya's dad is great. Misaki was baggage, Mana was amazing, Haruka was freaky... pretty much sums up my impression of this ep.

but seriously, what the hell Haruka. ringing his doorbell uncontrollably, then lying down and crying for your dead brother and your friend who you have no chance with...
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 00:49   Link #619
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noamara View Post
...She wanted to say she is Yuuki´s ... what? Cousin? Hmmm? Someone knows?
If context is taken into consideration, my best bet would be it's "Yukki's biggest fan" or something similar. From the conversation right before that, Mana showed an interest in so-called "true" idols. Perhaps she believes Yuki has a shot at becoming one as well.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 00:58   Link #620
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Touya's dad is great. Misaki was baggage, Mana was amazing, Haruka was freaky... pretty much sums up my impression of this ep.

but seriously, what the hell Haruka. ringing his doorbell uncontrollably, then lying down and crying for your dead brother and your friend who you have no chance with...
There is a part of me that would love to see how this story would've played out in modern day with the accessiblity of cellphones.

Touya should be the spokes man for AXE fragrants Mana already dissing the one girl she saw Touya with and hinting that he should date someone younger

Yayoi asking to be invited along with Rina and Yuki to get some cake most likely when Touya happens to be working that night would make for one wicked scenerio

I noticed Rina said Touya is seeing other Women and not Woman so does she believe that there is something going on between Yayoi and Touya as well as Misaski.

I wonder if Misaski threw in the towel or she'll make a power play when Touya returns to help.

Something tells me that while Yuki was gone during the past year Haruka propably got to hang out with Touya alot and with Yuki back she's been cast aside
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen