AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 13:59   Link #3821
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
The future is here!

Humanoid Robot for Sale

Price tag of $300,000, though, heh. The video shows off some of it's range of movement, but I found the three inert robots in the back to be kinda interesting, too. Anime is really influencing Japan...
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 14:12   Link #3822
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

300.000$ is a very reasonable price for such a robot (all the servos, computing hardware and sensors + the very expensive software). Still, I don't see much use for it. It is meant for universities as far as I understand. But what exactly is it supposed to do... is it autonomous enough to be a good replacement for humans in dangerous work environments maybe?
For a mere mascot the price is too much imo.
Old 2010-09-17, 14:15   Link #3823
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
300.000$ is a very reasonable price for such a robot (all the servos, computing hardware and sensors + the very expensive software). Still, I don't see much use for it. It is meant for universities as far as I understand. But what exactly is it supposed to do... is it autonomous enough to be a good replacement for humans in dangerous work environments maybe?
For a mere mascot the price is too much imo.
In most dangerous work environments the robot would be much smaller and armor plated. A "useful" humanoid based robot, as far as I can bring close, would be Gundams.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 16:30   Link #3824
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
The future is here!

Humanoid Robot for Sale

Price tag of $300,000, though, heh. The video shows off some of it's range of movement, but I found the three inert robots in the back to be kinda interesting, too. Anime is really influencing Japan...
So the question is, how much longer until they turn on us? Seems pretty close to me. I for one welcome our new robotic overlords. I would like to take this opportunity to remind them that they will still require human engineers and maintenance workers for the time being, until more suitable robot workers can be designed and built, and I would be useful in such a capacity.
Old 2010-09-20, 10:54   Link #3825
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Top 10 'unanswerable' questions revealed

Quote:
1. What is the meaning of life?

2. Is there a God?

3. Do blondes have more fun?

4. What is the best diet?

5. Is there anybody out there?

6. Who is the most famous person in the world?

7. What is love?

8. What is the secret to happiness?

9. Did Tony Soprano die?

10. How long will I live?
Old 2010-09-20, 16:45   Link #3826
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Drat. How come "Does my butt look big in this?" not make the list?
Old 2010-09-20, 17:23   Link #3827
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka_Kitten View Post
Drat. How come "Does my butt look big in this?" not make the list?
Because that one has an answer, "No, it doesn't look big in that."

Left unsaid is the "it is big" part
Old 2010-09-20, 18:34   Link #3828
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Because that one has an answer, "No, it doesn't look big in that."

Left unsaid is the "it is big" part
I've always wondered why there has been no guy who has had the chutzpah to say "I like big butts and I cannot lie!"
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 03:50   Link #3829
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Man 'caught drink driving on lawn mower'

Quote:
A NEW York man attempted to get round his drunk driving ban by riding his lawn mower to the store to buy beer, bemused police said yesterday.

Barry Foster's bid for alcohol ended in disaster, however, as he allegedly passed out behind the controls of his Zero Turn machine as he made his way home, reported the Times Herald Record.

Sheriff’s deputies found the 53-year-old slumped unconscious close to his house in Swan Lake, New York, at 7pm Saturday local time.

Paramedics took Mr Foster to nearby Catskill Regional Medical Center where he was admitted. The deputies said when they found him he seemed drunk and they knew that his license had recently been suspended.

Foster had been previously arrested for driving while intoxicated during a Brooks and Dunn concert at Bethel Wood, New York.

Read more at the Times Herald Record.
The degeneration of the human race has just begun...
Old 2010-09-21, 05:17   Link #3830
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka_Kitten View Post
Man 'caught drink driving on lawn mower'

The degeneration of the human race has just begun...
Not as bad as the multi-starred idiots who think that small arms from 24 men can defeat 100 fighters with heavy machine guns and high caliber rifles.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-21, 07:00   Link #3831
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Girl's horror as 21,000 RSVP Facebook party invite
Old 2010-09-21, 07:23   Link #3832
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
How did those people even get her address? Oh wait :

Quote:
When someone creates an event on Facebook they can tick a box saying "anyone can view and RSVP (public event)".
Won't it be easier to just limit to her friends only?

Old 2010-09-21, 08:03   Link #3833
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
-ruffles girl's hair- It's obvious someone needs some re-education about the dangers of posting personal information such as address on the internet, and the ramifications of such actions.
Old 2010-09-23, 17:30   Link #3834
AnimeFan188

U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects

"WASHINGTON, Sept. 15 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Witness testimony from
more than 120 former or retired military personnel points to an ongoing and
alarming intervention by unidentified aerial objects at nuclear weapons sites, as
recently as 2003. In some cases, several nuclear missiles simultaneously and
inexplicably malfunctioned while a disc-shaped object silently hovered nearby."

See:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS1...10+PRN20100915

"unidentified aerial objects", so do we call them UAOs now, instead of UFOs?

AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 17:51   Link #3835
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
"WASHINGTON, Sept. 15 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Witness testimony from
more than 120 former or retired military personnel points to an ongoing and
alarming intervention by unidentified aerial objects at nuclear weapons sites, as
recently as 2003. In some cases, several nuclear missiles simultaneously and
inexplicably malfunctioned while a disc-shaped object silently hovered nearby."

See:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS1...10+PRN20100915

"unidentified aerial objects", so do we call them UAOs now, instead of UFOs?

Some retired military officers saw a light in the sky and thought it was aliens. That doesn't mean they're right. Malfunctions in nuclear weapons delivery systems are surprisingly common. Many not so surprisingly when you consider their age. It's been estimated that in a nuclear war a third to half the US and Russian nuclear arsenal would fail to reach their targets do to mechanical failure. There is no hard evidence of aliens visiting the Earth. It is extraordinarily unlikely that there's anything out there that could visit the Earth without their presence being detected. It takes a lot of energy to travel between the stars, and it's rather difficult to hide large amounts of energy in space.
Old 2010-09-23, 19:20   Link #3836
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Some retired military officers saw a light in the sky and thought it was aliens. That doesn't mean they're right. Malfunctions in nuclear weapons delivery systems are surprisingly common. Many not so surprisingly when you consider their age. It's been estimated that in a nuclear war a third to half the US and Russian nuclear arsenal would fail to reach their targets do to mechanical failure. There is no hard evidence of aliens visiting the Earth. It is extraordinarily unlikely that there's anything out there that could visit the Earth without their presence being detected. It takes a lot of energy to travel between the stars, and it's rather difficult to hide large amounts of energy in space.
I'd comment but half my family already think I'm an MiB because of my career background so they tend to discount my input on the subject
Old 2010-09-23, 19:22   Link #3837
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd comment but half my family already think I'm an MiB because of my career background so they tend to discount my input on the subject
You made me imagine this:

Spoiler for Don't Mess with Vexx, cuz he messes back..:

Old 2010-09-23, 21:15   Link #3838
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Not as bad as the multi-starred idiots who think that small arms from 24 men can defeat 100 fighters with heavy machine guns and high caliber rifles.
Wut? What is this?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 02:37   Link #3839
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
There is no hard evidence of aliens visiting the Earth. It is extraordinarily unlikely that there's anything out there that could visit the Earth without their presence being detected. It takes a lot of energy to travel between the stars, and it's rather difficult to hide large amounts of energy in space.
If aliens have found a way of traveling between stars at near light speed, don't you think they would also have found a way of not getting their 'vapor trails' detected? And besides, we have stealth. I'm sure they have something that would permanently camouflage themselves from both the human eye, radar and stuff like that.

Also, our own technology is mostly a product of what we've accomplished in the past two centuries. Before that, we didn't have fancy equipment like we do now, so we may never know whether or not we have actually seen them or even made contact, assuming they visited us on several occasions. Plenty of hypotheses around, but no solid proof (yet).
Old 2010-09-24, 02:41   Link #3840
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Wut? What is this?
In Aussie, there is a case where Aussie troops in Afghanistan lost a man on a long range patrol due to lack of fire support (mortars, airstrikes, etc). And the brass refuse to shoulder the blame.

Tags
humor