AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-10, 13:00   Link #21
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Wow, what a stupid looking bankai Bakkutou-arm looks a lot cooler.. and too bad Ichigo interferes, Yama@shikai(technically unable to show more) vs Ama@Bankai+Bakkutou would have been hilarious since we know Ama will disappear in 2 eps from now.
Old 2008-09-10, 13:14   Link #22
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Even Rangiku was offering herself to him so she could sleep over at his place! How is any male anime watcher supposed to relate to this shonen hero when he turns down Rangiku?

Rukia sleeps in his closet... nothing happens.
Orihime worships the ground he walks on... nothing happens.
Rangiku tries to strip in front of him... nothing happens.

It's time we forget about this IchiHime/Ichiruki nonsense and put 2 & 2 together

perhaps an Ichi/Ishida pairing

but seriously, yeah since Amagai is not the hero of the show they will never develop him truly...I know I know I'm an Amagai fanboy hahaha, but I have loved his character since ep 168 and nothing will change that...his reason for fighting is noble, so imho I was right all along...he is not evil...
Old 2008-09-10, 13:16   Link #23
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Even Rangiku was offering herself to him so she could sleep over at his place! How is any male anime watcher supposed to relate to this shonen hero when he turns down Rangiku?
Matsumoto is just friendly. She wants to sleep with everyone. Let's not forget Yoruichi also.

Seriously speaking, the intended viewer for this type of shows are typically very young audience who ranges from 9-14 years old. Naturally, these shows are designed as such so the talks of birds-and-bees won't come to the picture. That is also why the driving factor for these type of shows are things like friendship and it's value, nakama, loyalty, hardwork, etc.

I was just blowing off some steam couple of posts back even though I understood where the episode was coming from. Don't mind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE
Yama@shikai(technically unable to show more) vs Ama@Bankai+Bakkutou
Technically, yes. However, they can always go to the route where Yama-ji fights Amagai in his bankai form without any powerup. Won't it be awesome if Yama-ji deals with him without the aid of fancy power up. I'm sincerely hoping Amagai will render Ichigo useless quickly so the fight between Yama-ji and him can resume.
Old 2008-09-10, 13:18   Link #24
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Yama-ji is stading there, listening to the exchange with Amagai (more like whining... wah wah wah... baby cry) about how he killed Amagai's father. Yama-ji acknowledges that he killed Amagi's father. He then looks at him, but falls short of saying, "yeah, what about it." That seems to irk Amagai a lot. Amagai launches a fire attack at Yama-ji. Yamaji is still standing nonchalantly.

I wonder how you or any of us would react if we had the chance to avenge the death of our own father. Calling Amagai a crybaby seems a bit excessive sir :P
Old 2008-09-10, 13:22   Link #25
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Wow, what a stupid looking bankai Bakkutou-arm looks a lot cooler.. and too bad Ichigo interferes, Yama@shikai(technically unable to show more) vs Ama@Bankai+Bakkutou would have been hilarious since we know Ama will disappear in 2 eps from now.
Why not?

Quote:
Technically, yes. However, they can always go to the route where Yama-ji fights Amagai in his bankai form without any powerup. Won't it be awesome if Yama-ji deals with him without the aid of fancy power up. I'm sincerely hoping Amagai will render Ichigo useless quickly so the fight between Yama-ji and him can resume.
Ditto. Ichigo so far has just been in the way in this arc. The only real help he's done is to the loli. He don't need to show Yama-ji up.
Old 2008-09-10, 13:24   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
I wonder how you or any of us would react if we had the chance to avenge the death of our own father. Calling Amagai a crybaby seems a bit excessive sir :P
lol.. I know. From my point of view, he was just taking too long to get to the action. Come on man, get on with it. Avenge your father's death already. Surely you can't kill him by talking alone. I thought Amagai could be better than your typical villain who talked too much. Alas, he is also a talker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Ditto. Ichigo so far has just been in the way in this arc. The only real help he's done is to the loli. He don't need to show Yama-ji up.
YES!!! Woo-hoo. Approval from Thewanderer. I'm declaring my day to be a successful one.
Old 2008-09-10, 13:41   Link #27
strategos

Quote:
Como esta usted, Bleach-fans? Yo vengo en paz. nadie comió todo el queso podrido? Yo lo hice. Yes, enough about me. Let's talk about the episode. This week's episode title has impressed on me since the last week. Hmph... So can Ichigo deliver? Critiques are ready I'm sure.

Enjoy the discussion. Ta!

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Getting Spanish Class ^^?
Ok, few corrections ^_^. If you are talking in plural it would be: Como estan ustedes? IF talking in singular: Como esta usted? ^_^.

Hope this episode is good

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2008-09-10, 13:42   Link #28
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
lol.. I know. From my point of view, he was just taking too long to get to the action. Come on man, get on with it. Avenge your father's death already. Surely you can't kill him by talking alone. I thought Amagai could be better than your typical villain who talked too much. Alas, he is also a talker.
hehe I understand completely...however it is not the characters who are talkers, it is the writers lol...long winded in order to waste time so more episodes can be made...DBZ syndrome...all anime has it if it lasts longer than 1 season.
Old 2008-09-10, 15:31   Link #29
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Quote:
lol.. I know. From my point of view, he was just taking too long to get to the action. Come on man, get on with it. Avenge your father's death already. Surely you can't kill him by talking alone. I thought Amagai could be better than your typical villain who talked too much. Alas, he is also a talker
I thought that by now any villain would know that the greatest downfall they have is to get them to monologue about themselves.

While the villain is busy talking, the hero can come up with a plan to defeat him.
Old 2008-09-10, 17:42   Link #30
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Quote:
Why not?

you think his creator already knows his bankai's design? but let's assume Pierrot would show it, don't you think it's a waste to do so right now for little amam?

if Pierrot could act so independent how you wish they should, we would have seen lots of new stuff until now.. just one example: SoiFon is strictly bound to her shikai state in: bounto arc, movie 1, movie 2, amagai arc -> now it's my turn to play dumb and ask: why oh why?
Old 2008-09-10, 17:57   Link #31
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
P.S. Some screens: [/QUOTE]

Wait a minute did i saw a Doraemon commercial break?

But seriously as i expected Yamajii since begining already know who is actually Amagai
Old 2008-09-10, 17:59   Link #32
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:

you think his creator already knows his bankai's design? but let's assume Pierrot would show it, don't you think it's a waste to do so right now for little amam?

if Pierrot could act so independent how you wish they should, we would have seen lots of new stuff until now.. just one example: SoiFon is strictly bound to her shikai state in: bounto arc, movie 1, movie 2, amagai arc -> now it's my turn to play dumb and ask: why oh why?
Yes, and that's why Kaien was bound to his unreleased state in that video game before Arroniro released in the manga... even though his Shikai WAS in it.

That wall you're imagining between manga and everything else don't exist. If it takes Kubo's holy hands to create a Bankai for Yama-ji, he'd still do it outside of the manga if needed. There's no reason... none, at all, not to.

But yes, I agree that it WOULD be wasted on Amagai, despite how awesome he is. Hell, it would be a waste for Yama-ji to Bankai on anyone short of Aizen, for that matter. It isn't because this is an anime original though.
Old 2008-09-10, 19:27   Link #33
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Quote:
Yes, and that's why Kaien was bound to his unreleased state in that video game before Arroniro released in the manga... even though his Shikai WAS in it.
VG are a bit different, they feature so much fancy stuff and techniques far far away from both, manga and anime. iirc you can defeat Byakuya with Inoue by using hand-to-hand-like moves in HOTS

Quote:
That wall you're imagining between manga and everything else don't exist. If it takes Kubo's holy hands to create a Bankai for Yama-ji, he'd still do it outside of the manga if needed. There's no reason... none, at all, not to.
If needed -> you said it yourself. Until now they never went to his temple and asked him on their knees to swing the godly hammer. All I said in my post above was that Yamamoto is technically bound to his shikai, because I simply can't imagine Pierrot asking Kubo for the bankai's design. Theoretically it's not impossible, that's true, but it's veeeery unlikely.

Quote:
But yes, I agree that it WOULD be wasted on Amagai, despite how awesome he is. Hell, it would be a waste for Yama-ji to Bankai on anyone short of Aizen, for that matter. It isn't because this is an anime original though.
Well, that simply depends on everyone's preference. Some would say the old Espada is reason enough to go bankai, others wouldn't. Imo his as well as Unohana/Ukitake/Kyourako/Yoruichi/Urahara's full capabilities are kind of reserved for the showdown. This is a very delicate topic, just imagine Ichigo showing his Bankai in a filler before entering SS the first time, wouldn't it interfere with the already written later story and ruin the fun?

It's bad enough I grew tired of originally awesome stuff like Zangetsu, Zabimaru, Hyorinmaru, Sode no Shirayuki,.. so please Pierrot don't touch those hidden treasures we don't know shit about and keep spamming the Getsuga Tenshous and Ice Dances, hell even the mask isn't that special anymore *hides-from-OD*

To everyone else: Ha! You see, Don Kanonji wasn't that bad, he would never let your precious heroes look common as muck
Old 2008-09-10, 19:48   Link #34
Jerseykid

oh my god I almost tossed my monitor right out the window when the two lackeys showed up and tried to ruin and delay the fight. I can't believe I have to wait another week now!*$&*#$

Looks like we are going to get some mask unveilage though! The whole world shall know the dark secret!
Old 2008-09-10, 19:59   Link #35
Melajo

With that arm and the giant zweihander bankai, I'd say Amagai is the closest thing to Soul Calibur's Nightmare we'll get from Bleach.

By the way, what's with these fire-type guys and taking their shirts off in battle?
Old 2008-09-10, 20:04   Link #36
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
This is a very delicate topic, just imagine Ichigo showing his Bankai in a filler before entering SS the first time, wouldn't it interfere with the already written later story and ruin the fun?
Why would it? I'd imagine that no matter how it would've been shown first, it would still feel the same the first time. Technically if you think of it that way, showing it in the SS arc ruined the fun of it being shown later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Looks like we are going to get some mask unveilage though! The whole world shall know the dark secret!
Too bad the arc is out-of-continuity/timeline and it won't affect the main timeline.

ANYWAY, time to watch this ep again, this time with TEXT =D
Old 2008-09-10, 20:14   Link #37
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius View Post
P.S. Some screens:

But seriously as i expected Yamajii since begining already know who is actually Amagai[/QUOTE]

Okay in those images, in the bottom row on the far left. Anyone know what that space station is and to what show/game is that from?

For some reason it looks familiar but can't place it.

A shame they took Amagi in this direction. I was really liking the character but at least it seems he has a decent reason for doing what he's doing. I just hope he isn't killed off but perhaps he realizes he's wrong and then all is forgiven (towards him) and he goes back to being the captain of squad 3. Then introduced in the manga.
Old 2008-09-10, 20:51   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
I thought that by now any villain would know that the greatest downfall they have is to get them to monologue about themselves.

While the villain is busy talking, the hero can come up with a plan to defeat him.
So true! This talkative villain doesn't look like has much of a chance against the old man even if he wasn't talking this much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius View Post
Spot on! I watched the raw that had all the commercials. Japanese commercials are so funny even if some of them aren't intended as such.

Quote:
To everyone else: Ha! You see, Don Kanonji wasn't that bad, he would never let your precious heroes look common as muck
A true fan of Don Kanonji approves this message. Bwahahahaha.
Old 2008-09-10, 20:57   Link #39
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melajo View Post
With that arm and the giant zweihander bankai, I'd say Amagai is the closest thing to Soul Calibur's Nightmare we'll get from Bleach.

By the way, what's with these fire-type guys and taking their shirts off in battle?
Because it would be burnt off anyway...

and yup Kanoji was alright Bwahahaha.
Old 2008-09-10, 21:15   Link #40
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

1) omg, Enryuu spoke and now I wish he never would of.

2) they need to stop using that damn heroic music if they're only gonna play like 3 seconds of it...

3) what the shit? they seriously couldn't show Ichigo go Bankai before ending the episode? =\
Closed Thread

Tags
anime, weekly episode discussion