AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-03-26, 11:36   Link #41
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Just to help...

Merchandise: www.kikiwai.com

They have tons of merchandise imported from Japan for shows that are licensed or not licensed.

Aside from that, I'm looking for good deals on anime (I live in Canada) because of the HIGH cost around here. (Ouch, my two .hack//SIGN dvds cost me $50 apiece) I was wondering about maybe box sets of series' like Fruits Basket.

I saw somewhere on the forum someone was saying ADV DVD's are around $17 (You LUCKY people! Saiyuki has cost me $30 + the 15% tax for each DVD).

Also! (I know I'm demanding, ne?) I'm looking for some Jpop music, specifically Utada Hikaru. They told me at the music store to have something imported through them, on CD would cost me $65, so I was wondering if there were any places, well, cheaper. LOL

Thanks!

PS - I'd LOVE to spend more money on anime but those damn tuition fees keep getting to me...
Akichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 09:25   Link #42
nataku17

T-shirts

i live in the uk and i cant find any sites that sell t-shirts... i have a visa electron credit card (i know that they suck) im specificly looking for .hack t-shirts but i dont mind anything. i would also like to know where i could get some posters or wallscrolls any help would be apreciated.. thanx..
nataku17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 00:02   Link #43
Narutio

THanks
I have great info on where to buy
i hate lisenced anime
Narutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 04:46   Link #44
ShotokanAnime
Fan/Retailer

If you live in Dallas/Fort Worth you can rent anime at my shop:

Shotokan Anime and Gaming.
514 W Harwood Rd
Hurst TX 76054
817-788-0822

Over 1300 DVDs!

We also support Magic: the Gathering and Yugioh, and possibly soon VS. (Marvel VS./ DC VS)
ShotokanAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 20:31   Link #45
ChayXV01
Tim-may!!!

Send a message via AIM to ChayXV01
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotokanAnime
If you live in Dallas/Fort Worth you can rent anime at my shop:

Shotokan Anime and Gaming.
514 W Harwood Rd
Hurst TX 76054
817-788-0822

Over 1300 DVDs!

We also support Magic: the Gathering and Yugioh, and possibly soon VS. (Marvel VS./ DC VS)

Do you sell MTG cards by online/mail/phone, that would be err cheaper than what i would buy on ebay. I'm planning to get 1 or 2 booster boxes of fifth dawn. I might be looking for rare cards too.

Oh and i buy most of my anime's at Fry's Electronics or i go to SF.
It's a little more expensive at Fry's but i dont like to wait days to watch it.
Probably just me though, i dont really care about how much it is.
ChayXV01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 19:21   Link #46
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

Canadians should check out Amazon.ca/HMV.ca.

depending on the product and stuff it can be cheaper. and ya dont have to worry about customs. i know i ordered once from animenation and one of my tapes didnt make it past customs. something about nudity. i cant remember, been so long.

and for music cds and ost ya might wanna actually goto HMV at the mall. they can pretty much order anything you want. A&B sound offers the same service, not sure of thier prices.

i got my macross plus ost 1 & 2 from them.(hmv that is)

edit to add

i believe hmv and a&b sound also offer order capabilitys for dvds, hmv might also actually do japanese imports.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 14:48   Link #47
Rias

I've ordered from dvdpacific once, the limited ed. box for GA. It was cheaper than amazon.ca. However when it came the box was ripped in half, and I found out that they didn't use ANY protection beside the cardboard box at all (they could at least put some more paper to wrap around or something)

good thing was they were willing to replace and credit me back on the shipping, but it took another month before they shipped it back...but then another problem arised...

it got opened by canadian customs, and they taxed me on it...(I've bought alot of stuff across the border before thru ebay but I was never taxed before...)

I used to think that if something is low valued (I remember reading somewhere that if it's like under 39 dollars) it's tax free, but appearantly that doesn't hold anymore. So I ended up had to pay 4 dollars more and 5 dolloars for handling fee (4 is ok, but why am I getting charged for handling fee...I never asked customs to open it )

so as conclusion, I wuld say dvdpacific is not bad, the fact that they were pretty fast on the respond, yet shipping back and forth and the tariff part is of course a let down...I'm considering amazon.ca from now on first, thanks to the tariffs
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 12:42   Link #48
draconh

Send a message via AIM to draconh Send a message via Yahoo to draconh
http://www.LINK REMOVED.com/ is a good place to find a lot of dvd's to buy

Edit by GHDpro -- DO NOT buy from criminals. This site sells BOOTLEGS.

Last edited by GHDpro; 2004-06-16 at 13:50.
draconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 13:51   Link #49
.Rurouni.
Anime addict

Send a message via ICQ to .Rurouni. Send a message via MSN to .Rurouni.
I would like to recommend www.dvdboxoffice.com They sell anime, games and more things and the best thing is that they are shipping for FREE worldwide
.Rurouni. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 06:39   Link #50
Innotech

I just want to throw in another online store in California.
www.tmpanime.com
Tam sells only licensed legitimate product and prices are pretty good since he has no overhead expenses, and based on about 5 purchases already, you can message him quick if htere is a problem and he will adress it just as quick and delivery times are incredibly fast, within a few days or purchase. I picked up 4 volumes+ artbox of Angelic layer from him for about $95 including shipping, and many titles hes got are about $18-20 each. Hes a very friendly person and is glad to special order anything that he doesnt carry yet, as hes done this for me several times. there is a forum there much like htis one, and its just an incredibly great place to sign up at and buy from. highly recommended.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 13:06   Link #51
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akichan
Aside from that, I'm looking for good deals on anime (I live in Canada) because of the HIGH cost around here. (Ouch, my two .hack//SIGN dvds cost me $50 apiece) I was wondering about maybe box sets of series' like Fruits Basket.

I saw somewhere on the forum someone was saying ADV DVD's are around $17 (You LUCKY people! Saiyuki has cost me $30 + the 15% tax for each DVD).
$50? You mean in Canadian dollars? That's less than $50 American, but still a lot for one DVD. Try http://www.dvdsoon.com/. They're located in Canada, and their prices vary. Many anime DVDs are $41 canadian, still a bit much, but a few are about $26 canadian (according to a currency converter I'm looking at now, that's a little less than $20 U.S., which is a good deal). I haven't ordered from them myself, but according to someone from the U.K. who recommended them, they're good. And unlike the sellers located in the U.S., you won't have issues with customs nor with them not being able to ship to you in Canada.

...and hey, if people are getting legit ADV DVDs for $17 U.S., then I want to know where. That's a little less than I've seen for most DVDs anywhere on the net.
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 14:39   Link #52
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Sweden

www.discshop.se
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 07:56   Link #53
mundus6

is there a store where i can buy one piece 121+ on dvd? and does it have english sub
mundus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 08:17   Link #54
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundus6
is there a store where i can buy one piece 121+ on dvd? and does it have english sub
Only bootlegs of this series will have English Subs. Have a read of the The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread on how to spot bootlegs (and One Piece bootlegs in particular).

One Piece is licensed, please do not ask how to obtain licensed series here on AnimeSuki. And certainly do not ask where to find bootlegs. I suggest you have a read of the forum rules as well
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 08:32   Link #55
Menshi

Not to sure if this is exactly on topic, but do some of these dvd sites release DVD's early if they get them in? Looking at Get Backers Vol #1 the release date is 8/24 *in 8 days* but on few sites ive looked at says Buy Now! that are in this thread atleast one. Just something that caught my eye wanting to see this one.
http://www.animecornerstore.com/index.html
Menshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 08:51   Link #56
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I think you are misinterpreting the meaning of "Buy Now". All this means is that you can place your order now, it will not be shipped until the store receives the item in question. In other words, it's an advanced order, it doesn't mean that it gets shipped before the release date. If you want it, placing such an order isn't a bad thing because any decent on-line store will not charge for the item before it actually is shipped.

And BTW, while Robert's Anime Corner Store is a nice on-line store to browse, I find it's a bit expensive, for DVDs I prefer somewhere like DVD Pacific. But that's just my preference

DVD Pacific list Get Backers as Pre Order, vol 1 release date as 24th Aug (as I'm sure most places do).
Old 2004-08-18, 07:14   Link #57
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Update on my previous post:

It seems that on-line stores can and do ship early. Menshi confirmed that his order (with a release date of 24th Aug) shipped out a week early from AnimeCornerStore. And I can also coincidently offer a similar occurrence from DVD Pacific, I had pre-ordered an item over the weekend (which also had a release date of 24th Aug) and it was shipped out on the Mon 16th Aug.

I note that DVD Pacific still have the DVD listed as "PreOrder" with a release date of 24/08/2004, so maybe it has something to do with the fact they can't (or maybe shouldn't) advertise earlier release dates (even if they have it in stock).

So, the bottom line - It seems if you "Pre Order" a DVD, it may be shipped out earlier than the release date (in the above two examples, a week earlier). While this may be obvious to many of you who have made such orders before, I must admit that I rarely pre-ordered but just waited until the release date before making an order. Most of the time I ordered 3 DVDs at a time so I always waited until they were all marked as "In Stock" before placing an order.

I shall have to try pre-ordering Azumanga V4 and see if it also gets shipped before the 31st Aug release date
Old 2004-08-18, 11:48   Link #58
7thMethuselah

Well, I've said it before, but one of the anime stores I visit often allready has the Get Backers DVD's on display, and they are the real ones. And this wasn't the first time they were early.

I think the stores get the material alot sooner before the official release date but aren't allowed to sell it untill that particular date.
This is probably for advertisement reasons, in order to create a small hype before release so it'll sell better. Or to prevent bootlegs from popping up before the offcial release.

Also I never pre-order, I wanna know that the item I want is available right away, I had some bad experiences with ordering items in advance which led to them being delivered months after. In that period I could've easilly bought them at some other place. I only buy stuff that is in stock at the moment I order it.

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-08-18 at 11:49. Reason: die typo's die !!!
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 15:52   Link #59
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

*** IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT DVD PACIFIC ***

Those of you who have ever ordered from DVD Pacific may have received
a "security" email from DVD Pacific, in which they state they may have been
compromised (but that they can not find any evidence) and send you a new
password to login to your account.

Well... it's not a "may be compromised" -- it is highly likely (part of) their
user database INCLUDING CREDITCARD DETAILS has been compromised.

Although I reacted a bit slow/late to it, my cc company (Master Card) spotted
the potential abuse and blocked my card, but I still got charged for € 150 for
things I never asked for.

See this thread on AnimeOnDVD for more information:
http://forums.animeondvd.com/showfla...&Number=606328

Important: it's to late to delete your info at DVD Pacific -- consider the information
already comprimised! I recommend to check your CC statements carefully for charges
you are unfamiliar with and/or call your CC company and ask about recent transactions,
although it's possible to trouble occured a while ago -- in my case between June 30 - July 3.

And although I won't say that I won't order from DVD Pacific again (as they're to
good otherwise for that), let's say I'll avoid them for the next few months. Not that
I actually can spare the cash to buy DVDs anyway (got to buy books for school etc).

EDIT:
A few more links:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=376062
http://forums.animeondvd.com/showfla...&Number=586913

Last edited by GHDpro; 2004-08-20 at 16:38. Reason: Added more links
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 03:13   Link #60
mistwolf

Where do y'all recommend down under? I have bought from www.ezydvd.com.au, but am hopiong for something better and/or cheaper.

Misty
mistwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime