AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-04-28, 04:07   Link #121
yakumo-chan

You know.... this might be off topic but somehow it has a connection or clues on who tobi really is....

I think its kinda non sense of madara joining forces with Itachi to kill all the clan.....
Tobi... If he was madara he should have just joined forces with the uchiha clan again... not kill them... It was a waste.....

If I were Madara.... I would definitely deny Itachi in killing all the Uchiha because its kinda stupid.... Why kill them all when you can make them your army again??? another possibility of TObi not madara.....
Old 2010-04-28, 08:35   Link #122
james0246

^Um, no. Madara expressed extreme displeasure and hatred for the Uchiha Clan. So, wanting to massacre them is well within his M.O. Additionally, considering the room full of Sharingan eyes he has collected, it seems only obvious that he killed all the Uchiha specifically for their eyes. He did not want an army of Uchiha; he seems to have only wanted their eyes.

Seriously though, Madara hated his clan for betraying him, but he still wants to rule Konoha. So, he killed his tribe, and is going to use their eyes to cast an eternal genjutsu over the world, making himself God, and everyone and everything his servant. Or, at least that is how I read the whole Madara situation…

Last edited by james0246; 2010-04-28 at 09:42.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 15:35   Link #123
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
rule Konoha
More like turn to ashes, with Sasuke as his tool of destruction. Anyway, he really does want to rule the world, and since no other villain has had this aspiration before in Naruto (kinda surprising, considering how generic it is), it gives Madara a personality of his own, which is why Tobi being Madara makes the most sense character-wise; if it were someone else we know of, what excuse would they have for omitting the minor detail of world domination?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 15:46   Link #124
kirisute_gomen
Senior Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Um, no. Madara expressed extreme displeasure and hatred for the Uchiha Clan. So, wanting to massacre them is well within his M.O. Additionally, considering the room full of Sharingan eyes he has collected, it seems only obvious that he killed all the Uchiha specifically for their eyes. He did not want an army of Uchiha; he seems to have only wanted their eyes.

Seriously though, Madara hated his clan for betraying him, but he still wants to rule Konoha. So, he killed his tribe, and is going to use their eyes to cast an eternal genjutsu over the world, making himself God, and everyone and everything his servant. Or, at least that is how I read the whole Madara situation…
Pain made Konoha level with the ground. Madara wanting to rule Konoha does not make sense. Maybe he wants to create a peaceful world by controlling everything and everyone.
Old 2010-04-28, 16:02   Link #125
james0246

^Madara's original trepidation about joining the Senjuu wasn't the fact that an alliance had been formed between 2 great clans; rather it was the fact that he believed that one clan would subsume the other (something the Uchiha were well known for). In the alliance, he was not worried about the actual joining of the 2 clans, he was worried about losing his power and his clan’s power. So, long story short, from the very beginning Madara wanted to control Konoha, and, he believed that it was do to his clan's betrayal that he lost control. So, he killed his clan do to their betrayal, but still desires some form of control over Konoha (which seems to have morphed into a form of control over the entire world).
Old 2010-04-28, 23:16   Link #126
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I doubt Madara ever had any feelings for Konoha besides hatred...all his love went to the Uchihas, and that was until they betrayed him.
Old 2010-04-30, 03:18   Link #127
yakumo-chan

I think that is the most stupidest thing madara have ever done..... he knows his clan is going to follow his footsteps by betraying konoha, yet he killed them off???

he should have joined forces to his clan not kill them.....

also.., I think Itachi knows Tobi's real plan all along and I think he likes Tobi's plan... that maybe the reason why he joined akatsuki.... I know this is kinda off topic but it somehow connects to my tobi not madara theory.......
Old 2010-05-05, 07:06   Link #128
herculan

Well obviously tobi is not madara.... To much evidence against it.. And even without all the prove you still have to doubt the statement simply because all teh characters do aswell.. they all talk in a fashion of : ''the one who calls himself madara'' not simply ''madara''...
But who would he be then.. Since kabuto summoned the real madara and we know he doesn't summon the real body but he uses a sacrifcial body + the real persons spirit.. That would mean that madara's spirit isn't in tobi either.. So tobi doesn't look like madara and he hasn't got his mind or spirit.. Count that up and you know that tobi is not madara and is probably Obito.. Completely .. Not some sort of madara spirit.. Just obito
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 07:10   Link #129
KaiokenAttack

I am under that mask. Believe me, I must know it because it's me under that mask.
Old 2010-05-05, 08:14   Link #130
yakumo-chan

i dont think its obito... because it will definitely destroy the story...... making tobi = obito is kinda stupid.....
Old 2010-05-05, 08:17   Link #131
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Just obito
Quote:
i dont think its obito... because it will definitely destroy the story...... making tobi = obito is kinda stupid.....
I think it would be partly good, to have an Obito/Kakashi reunion and everything, but it would leave many holes as to how Madara became Obito (obviously the former lived in a totally different era), and there's still the issue of his eyes. Obito's had one eye given to Kakashi and the other crushed to bits.
Old 2010-05-05, 08:44   Link #132
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Obito's had one eye given to Kakashi and the other crushed to bits.
He didn't have anything crushed if that Madara were to be Obito, because this Madara can transfer parts of his body to another dimension. He'd just have feigned death.
I don't say he is Obito, but if he was Obito, it would explain why Pain definitely wanted to kill Kakashi and shot the nail at his Sharingan eye, at least if he knew that Madara was Obito, because it would mean trouble if he got his eye back, wouldn't it? Who knows how powerful he'd be if he could do both - teleport himself away to other dimensions and use his technique Kamui to full extent (with his Uchiha body) and teleport people or bodyparts away on long distance. He'd truly be invincible and very very dangerous.
Old 2010-05-05, 08:50   Link #133
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Obito can't be Tobi because A. One of his eyes is given to Kakashi and B. His other eye was crushed by a giant boulder. Now unless he had a third eyeball somewhere it can't be him.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 08:53   Link #134
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Obito can't be Tobi because A. One of his eyes is given to Kakashi and B. His other eye was crushed by a giant boulder. Now unless he had a third eyeball somewhere it can't be him.
How do you know his right eye was crushed. You did not see it. We just know what Obito said.

I doubt it's Obito, but the argument with the crushed eye simply does not matter.
Old 2010-05-05, 09:44   Link #135
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I don't say he is Obito, but if he was Obito, it would explain why Pain definitely wanted to kill Kakashi and shot the nail at his Sharingan eye, at least if he knew that Madara was Obito, because it would mean trouble if he got his eye back, wouldn't it? Who knows how powerful he'd be if he could do both - teleport himself away to other dimensions and use his technique Kamui to full extent (with his Uchiha body) and teleport people or bodyparts away on long distance. He'd truly be invincible and very very dangerous.
I rechecked the chapter and I think that is not quite true...... He killed kakashi because he only wanted to.....

but I really think that Tobi is someone we know from the past..... but not obito....
Old 2010-05-05, 12:45   Link #136
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
it would explain why Pain definitely wanted to kill Kakashi and shot the nail at his Sharingan eye, at least if he knew that Madara was Obito, because it would mean trouble if he got his eye back, wouldn't it? Who knows how powerful he'd be if he could do both - teleport himself away to other dimensions and use his technique Kamui to full extent (with his Uchiha body) and teleport people or bodyparts away on long distance. He'd truly be invincible and very very dangerous.
Madara's jutsu remains nameless, and Pain was being used, while thinking he was making the perfect world...then there's the question, why should he be Obito, besides the name-play?
Old 2010-05-05, 14:25   Link #137
herculan

every argument vs my post has been a ridiculous unsupported comment..
@kafriel: I never stated that obito became madara.. I stated that they are 2 completely different beings. 1 being dead, 1 pretending to be the other
Lets not re-discuss the whole eye bit since we simply have no idea.. Obito said he felt his body was ALMOST crushed.. Not completely, so possibly the right eye was still in contact.. This would connect with kakashi's power and him having the other eye.. + there are sooo many other arguments for obito being tobi.. But all these arguments mean nothing if kishi doesn't want him to be obito, but he clearly doesn't want tobi to be madara otherwise he wouldn't let every other character say: ''the one who calls himself madara''..
More interesting I find my statement of madara not being alive at all... Obito/tobi has NOTHING to do with madara.. He just stated to be him for no reason.. That's what I think, read my other post and please help me to find a real counter argument for that statement..
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 16:04   Link #138
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Madara could be like Wolverine... Wolverine is very very old but looks like a man in his 30s. He has a very fast regeneration and gets old very slowly.
Old 2010-05-05, 16:31   Link #139
james0246

^Please, no Marvel. This is a DC (and subsidiary) thread only...and besides, Madara is actually like Misfit (though he probably wishes he were Savage) .
Old 2010-05-05, 16:51   Link #140
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

^You're making me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. *skin color changing into green*
ANGRY! ME ANGRRRRRY! AAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!

Spoiler for marvel:

Are you talking about this Misfit? O_o
Spoiler for img:

I think that Madara is pretty much like Mr. Fantastic, even though he'd prefer to be Dr. Doom...

Tags
tobi