3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-02-17, 15:42   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I have to agree it's getting a bit repetitive. I mean yeah the fight against Fellini was epic and fun. The battle against Mao was ok, but yet again the same thing against Nils is kind of getting carried away. I'm kind of glad we're going to Fellini and Aila next episode just so we can have something fresh. Well that before it's another fist fight against the winner of that match (likely Aila).

Plus winning in a close fight against someone as overstuffed with skills like Nils is a bit weak too. I mean apparently this guy can do anything but beat the Star Build Strike. Genius, expert gunpa builder and fighter, expert martial artist in various styles, etc. Honestly I could have bought the win better if they went and picked up their rifle after destroying the swords. Flying and long range combat would have been more believable. They didn't have to dump all their stuff. Just temporarily use the RG system to break the swords and then waste him.

Kind of funny that while I never cared that much for his character I felt bad for Nils in this one.

Oh well, next episode should be a lot better. Should just be a damn good fight between two excellent fighters. If they do end up revealing her identity it should lead to a pretty entertaining conclusion.

Probably will since whenever they have an episode with no Aila and Reiji moments the next one usually makes up for that . At least did get a nice little bit of Fellini and Kirara. Apparently things smoothed over despite the whole not recognizing her when 'out of character.'
Old 2014-02-17, 16:23   Link #42
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I don't get it.

So the Sengoku Astray is mainly a close quarters combat unit with swords and nothing else....

Given that beam weapons were useless wouldn't it have made sense to I don't know...add projectile weapons to the Star Build Strike? Couldn't have been hard to add a rocket launcher and maybe a 90mm rifle.

Makes you wonder how Yuuki and Fellini would've handled this.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 16:33   Link #43
Kurohane

Well, we finally see Sei and Reiji vs. Nils. To summarize the match in one word, it was intense. The animation was quite well done. (We can't hold battles like vs. Yuuki, or vs. Fellini as a standard.) The fight really grabbed you, and you can look from start to finish without being distracted, until the actual pause in the match. I had to wonder why Reiji and Nils were going to clash fists again with what happened the last time, and it ended in the same result. It was at that point, I had to wonder how they were going to continue when they had no arms left. Kick each other? Then, the pause in the match happened, to repair their arms. Of course, you then wonder how they managed to bring their spare parts with them, when it looked like they didn't bring anything at the beginning of the match. The whole thing was unprecedented as a match has never been paused before. I have to give Sei props for the quick thinking he did with the glue. You could say Nils getting into the heat of the moment, along with having his Astray damaged, was why he failed to think logically during the the most important parts of the match. However, still, I can't deny that people would have expected more from a martial arts practitioner. So far, Sei and Reiji have fought against like-minded opponents, and even managed to get Nils to fall into their pace of heated battles. Still, this shows that against opponents like the Renato Bros., they would have a much harder time. Anyway, despite it's few flaws, the match was still well done. I enjoyed it at the least.

Nils got some development this episode. When he first met with Sei and Reiji, he came of rather rigid to them. There was nothing wrong with what he was saying, but he failed to consider their feelings when talking erupting into their argument. Of course, it ends with a "we'll settle this in the arena" scenario. During the battle, he shows characteristics of a Gunpla battler: attachment to his Gunpla, a strong desire to win, etc. Sei and Reiji really brought those parts of his character out in the battle. I know many shows with games use the game to bring out a person's hidden feelings or motivations. It's nothing new. The important aspect is execution. In this case, it was quite well done, neither forcing it or laying it on thick either, but a natural flow.

Sunrise has definitely made Build Fighters the Gundam with the most ships in a single series, with a total of five, adding Nils and Caroline. She's the only person to really make Nils show new kinds of expressions for himself . We also have more moments with Fellini and Kirara. They definitely have gotten close. I get the China cheering, but I feel it was kinda forced. Also, way to show favoritism, China. Reiji helped as well by repairing an arm. Neither Mao or Misaki were in this episode. That's kind of a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalier View Post
this is made my day
Definitely.

I also had to laugh at Ral's expression when Sei's mom pulled him and China close to her, and Yuuki's comment about the Astray being named Sengoku, but Nils is using Chinese MA.
Old 2014-02-17, 16:53   Link #44
monster

It was an expected development for Nils, and the fight is ok, I suppose. Caroline definitely made the episode better. On one hand, I'm glad that Sei apologized; he was bit mean , but on the other hand, he didn't really misunderstood Nils. Even if Nils does like gunpla, his priority was still the plavsky particle, and Nils was also a bit insensitive to his fellow competitors.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 17:14   Link #45
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
The fight was disappointing, but the episode was otherwise enjoyable. Loved the 00 cameos like movie movie Tieria and Not!Sumergai/Louise's mom drinking together.
I thought the woman with blond Sumeragi is the General lady that married the undying/"immortal" idiot pilot. They were friends/enemies in 00.

1 minute repair time and they fully repaired the arms.....?

And Sengoku blew up at the end, but the body was still intact.

And that's 2 cameos by Gundam Virtue........what's up with that?

Nils & Caroline.......I think one day they'll be big. One has the brains, the other the financial...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 17:45   Link #46
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
this is the one series where the main characters in gundam can loose still be a part of the show and maybe comeback stronger in a later arc.
Unless you're forgetting, there's only about 5-6 episodes left of Build Fighters. There is no "later arc" currently: Sei and Reiji losing now would make the entire series pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
1 minute repair time and they fully repaired the arms.....?
Spare parts most likely. They do stock additional duplicates of the weapons, so why not spare parts for the Gunpla?

Quote:
And Sengoku blew up at the end, but the body was still intact.
Gunpla Battle doesn't actually completely destroy the Gunpla, if you notice the difference between the battle damage and the actual Gunpla in previous episodes. Yes you have the Wing Gundam getting its chest orb busted in episode 1, but then you have the Gyan Gya Gyan getting sliced by Build Strike FP and yet appearing on the table with only popped joints, or Ral's BMC Gouf that never even received damage after the fight.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 18:00   Link #47
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

What I don't understand about this plot is if Nils really wanted to learn the secrets of the technology, why couldn't he acquire the fighting field to dismantle and reverse engineer it.

Also, what was up with that 1 minute time out. No previous battle was interrupted like that.
magnumcyclonex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 18:13   Link #48
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
What I don't understand about this plot is if Nils really wanted to learn the secrets of the technology, why couldn't he acquire the fighting field to dismantle and reverse engineer it.

Also, what was up with that 1 minute time out. No previous battle was interrupted like that.
It's not that simple, take coca cola for example, even if you know the ingredients, replicating the taste is far more difficult. Not to mention the battle stations seem to have particles contained and expanded during battles, the actual creation of the particles are the big question, and it's somehow connected to Arian.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 19:08   Link #49
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

It's also interesting to note that these Plavsky Particles can react/interact with something that isn't typically reactive: modeling plastic.
magnumcyclonex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 20:27   Link #50
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I also had to laugh at Ral's expression when Sei's mom pulled him and China close to her, and Yuuki's comment about the Astray being named Sengoku, but Nils is using Chinese MA.
I was like "You're right, but why is that important? Are they going somewhere with this?"
Old 2014-02-17, 20:33   Link #51
Galaxian

I'm surprise I haven't seen any jokes about Sengoku Astray and Naruto's Hyuuga Clan yet...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 20:35   Link #52
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Man, they are trying to tease us Rinko and Ral didn't they?

This only fuel the number of NTR doujin

And my despair, because I wanted MUH VANILLA luv-luv with Rinko and Takeshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I'm surprise I haven't seen any jokes about Sengoku Astray and Naruto's Hyuuga Clan yet...
Hyuuga Clan emblem is a common symbol related to Buddhism, I think.

It's not exclusive, so no joke
Old 2014-02-17, 20:39   Link #53
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hyuuga Clan emblem is a common symbol related to Buddhism, I think.

It's not exclusive, so no joke
Is not the emblem, but SA's Particle Fajin works the same way as the Hyuuga's Gentel Fist.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 20:56   Link #54
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post

The best part about this was that he HAD one SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM on his debut lol

But if he did this he would have been an extremely pointless character
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 21:21   Link #55
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Speaking of which, Mihoshi and Fellini really OTP now. In fact, combined with CAROREIN this episode, they're really going for the ships nonstop... not that anyone's complaining
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Can't believe I missed that. >_>

Yeah, they've been obvious with the ships and the best part is that they're doing it properly, which is surprising.
This show is cruising the seas with an entire NAVY, and I damn well love them for it. They constantly develop one ship or another and I can't get enough.

Battles where mileage may vary (from meh to Man-tears awesome)? Nothing but an extremely satisfying cherry on top as my base rating per episode based on enjoyment alone is already high due to character interaction.

That said, I agree that it'll be nice to stray away from the RG system for a bit and shed one last tear for Fenice's Last Stand. While we shed tears for the inevitable fall of one of the best suits on this show, Fellini will be comforted by Mihoshi after...lucky bastard.

(I kid. Kind of. I actually love the fact that our favourite fighters all seem to have someone who'll be in their corner regardless of the outcome)
Old 2014-02-17, 21:37   Link #56
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The best part about this was that he HAD one SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM on his debut lol

But if he did this he would have been an extremely pointless character
Mat be the battle stage don't produce but only released the stored particle. It need to be refilled or recharged regularly and only PPSE factory can produce those particle.

He also point out that he want to see the particle manufacturing process.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 22:47   Link #57
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

People seem to miss that Nils did mention that the technology appeared to be a Black Box: he could study it externally, but he wouldn't be able to understand how plavsky particles are made doing so. So having a plavsky arena with him wouldn't have been of much use if he's already dismantled it and given the observation of it being a black box.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-02-17, 23:14   Link #58
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I don't get it.

So the Sengoku Astray is mainly a close quarters combat unit with swords and nothing else....

Given that beam weapons were useless wouldn't it have made sense to I don't know...add projectile weapons to the Star Build Strike? Couldn't have been hard to add a rocket launcher and maybe a 90mm rifle.

Makes you wonder how Yuuki and Fellini would've handled this.
This the mass amount of pilots not just using their heads in this series is making me bash my head.

Hell I would think a pro tier gunpla player would have more than 1 freaking gunpla so they have a varied bag of tricks or in case one unit breaks this makes sense for at least the top five players the people below having one high tier unit is ok but at the highest level I just can't see some one using one unit at that with one single armament.
Old 2014-02-18, 00:43   Link #59
Skye629

Quote:
This the mass amount of pilots not just using their heads in this series is making me bash my head.

Hell I would think a pro tier gunpla player would have more than 1 freaking gunpla so they have a varied bag of tricks or in case one unit breaks this makes sense for at least the top five players the people below having one high tier unit is ok but at the highest level I just can't see some one using one unit at that with one single armament.
Its more of a sentiment thing than stupidity, they spend all their time on that one favorite gunpla, and use that one favorite gunpla to win

And in some cases, their arrogance/confidence/proven ability did not require the use of multiples. For example Nils and PPSE were extremely confident in their gunpla, Nils due to not having revealed all of his tricks yet and confidence in hi own skills, PPSE got taught a hard lesson in the previous episode due to mentioned overconfidence in the Kampher, and Aila for example has ZERO need for anything else, she has dominated everything so far without really giving away much at all

Its extremely simple, and the show have made several mentions of the sort of why people play and do this

And some DID have multiples, such as Sei/Reiji and the Renato brothers
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 00:51   Link #60
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Sei and Reiji have the Build Gundam Mk.2 for just the reason you describe, and they did in fact use it in the preliminaries while they repaired the Star Build Strike from the damage it received against Luang Dallara in the baseball match. And the Renato Brothers have been shown to use multiple Gunpla in the tournament, from the Hygogg to the BuCUE Tank to the GM K9.

As to why people stick to just one armament and gunpla for the most part, it comes down to two things: cost and sentimentality. Maintaining multiple Gunpla in a sport where they can be destroyed should be expensive, let alone maintaining custom Gunpla with custom parts. Two, most people stick to one model rather than spreading out due to familiarity.

The closest analogue Gunpla Battle has in real life is something like Robot Wars, where competitors scratchbuild motorized robots for battle, and most of the time they also stick to just their single model of robots and its weapons set, rather than fashioning a lot of weapons and lots of robots.