AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-18, 07:06   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka [LN/M] - Character Speculation/Theories: Honoka

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all speculation, theories, and general discussion related to Honoka.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourites.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for characters you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel or Social Groups.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 08:52   Link #2
zerozeronine

Thanks for this thread

Still best girl for me followed by Mayumi and Miyuki for shipping

Her magic is cool and she got more important scenes later,too bad her powers are not for combat.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 08:55   Link #3
Ultragunner

I just hope that the author doesn't kill her off for some cheap drama

Also
Spoiler for :
Old 2014-05-18, 09:13   Link #4
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I just hope that the author doesn't kill her off for some cheap drama

Also
Spoiler for :
Well she did survive the Yokohama and Visitors arcs so hopefully she survives till the end.

Edit: She seems to be the only girl that Miyuki doesn't get irritated if she's too clingy to Tatsuya.
Old 2014-05-18, 09:27   Link #5
Ultragunner

perhaps she knows that Honoka's feeling is genuine. Or to put it in other words, Honoka has passed the "first test" of Miyuki....well, "first" that is
Old 2014-05-18, 09:30   Link #6
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Edit: She seems to be the only girl that Miyuki doesn't get irritated if she's too clingy to Tatsuya.
That is one of the more interesting aspects of Honoka. Maybe it's because Miyuki's imagination doesn't have to fill in the gaps regarding Honoka. Miyuki knows exactly how Honoka feels about Tatsuya. Or perhaps it's because Miyuki knows (implicitly or explicitly) that Tatsuya rejected Honoka's confession. Whatever the reason, Honoka does seem to have an acceptance from Miyuki that few of the other girls have.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 09:58   Link #7
IceHism

I don't think it has to do with tatsuya's rejection. In vol 5, Miyuki already acknowledged that she is not going to stop Honoka from pursuing Tatsuya Before the rejection. I'm thinking its because Honoka is just that much more of a closer friend. Its not like Miyuki really gets mad at anyone who gets close to Tatsuya ever since volume 2.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 10:03   Link #8
Echizen777

Honoka has her charms. What makes her different from Miyuki is that she isn't possessive, she is 3rd on my list but her feelings for him are pure and it's good to see that her efforts pay somewhat. I would like to see more Elements in the story.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 11:01   Link #9
blakraven66

While I hate to admit it, (Erika/Mayumi shipper here) Honoka actually has the best chance with Tatsuya considering she's the only girl aside from Lina who the author hasn't introduced a POTENTIAL love interest for. Including, as stated above, Miyuki doesn't mind her as much compared to Lina.

Miyuki - Let's face it, incest isn't happening here.
Erika - Leo
Mayumi - Katsuto
Shizuku - Raymond
Mizuki - Mikihiko
Kasumi - Takuma
Izumi - Miyuki(?)

But who knows, maybe Ayako could be a dark horse. Cousins are legal after all.
blakraven66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 11:06   Link #10
Ultragunner

well, even if Tatsuya doesn't get his emotion back, or he choses to remain single, Honoka (and Pixie) is the only one capable of staying with him since she just wants to be of use for him a.k.a a *cough*slave*cough LOL

As long as Tatsuya does not treat her badly, I don't think Honoka will love someone else even if Tatsuya does not return the same feeling
Old 2014-05-18, 11:21   Link #11
Chris38

I think that Honoka's chances have been reduced, due to the fact that she was rejected once and while that hasn't made her give up ... the author isn't actually putting much development with her relationship with Tatsuya ... which is a little bad, if that is actually his intended final paring.

At the very least I don't remember a moment where she tries to understand Tatsuya better or deepen her relationship with him in some way.

While Miyuki gets plenty of moments regarding her relationship with Tatsuya, for example in volume 13 and the author can always go with the not blood related route - at least not as closely related as they currently are - since the single proof that has mentioned that Tatsuya and Miyuki are siblings was the DNA test from volume 5, which could have easily been fabricated by the Yotsuba if they wanted to keep some secrets hidden from the siblings past, which apart from the event from 3 years ago, we don't know a lot about.

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-05-18 at 11:32.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 11:59   Link #12
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakraven66 View Post
While I hate to admit it, (Erika/Mayumi shipper here) Honoka actually has the best chance with Tatsuya considering she's the only girl aside from Lina who the author hasn't introduced a POTENTIAL love interest for. Including, as stated above, Miyuki doesn't mind her as much compared to Lina.

Miyuki - Let's face it, incest isn't happening here.
Erika - Leo
Mayumi - Katsuto
Shizuku - Raymond
Mizuki - Mikihiko
Kasumi - Takuma
Izumi - Miyuki(?)

But who knows, maybe Ayako could be a dark horse. Cousins are legal after all.
Why is Yuri with Shizuku not included? But yeah if things stay like that she has the highest chances. But they won't... it would be interesting to see her competing with Pixie, who seems to be the key to his emotional development.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 03:53   Link #13
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I feel that Honoka was supposed to the "normal" girl of the group, but it seems the author or the editor felt the need to "uppgrade" her by introducing the Element background.

Which bugs me alot, Honoka is now relegated to a pupie/pet that will always follow Tatsuya even if he have already rejected here.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 04:08   Link #14
amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
I feel that Honoka was supposed to the "normal" girl of the group, but it seems the author or the editor felt the need to "uppgrade" her by introducing the Element background.

Which bugs me alot, Honoka is now relegated to a pupie/pet that will always follow Tatsuya even if he have already rejected here.
if only that was true... i'm afraid her purpose has been fulfiled since she gave "birth" to pixie:it's of her kasumi was jealous in vol.13,no honoka(sight);and in vol.13 pixie-of the two-was the most useful.
unlike shizuku,honoka can't either use her father's money like she did for the 9sc to earn point.
a robot,honoka can't even win against a (sentient) robot-let alone miyuki.
let's hope that like erika with the rozen,she will have one day her own arc(elemental arc?) in the future-as unlikely as it is
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 12:41   Link #15
Kokus

the thing about the element arc might even be posiple .
there was a scene in the visitor arc where koudo witnessed her using evil eye and he got a slight interest , but that was not enough to immediately investigate about her
but it could be a hint for some future event.
Kokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 07:51   Link #16
zerozeronine

Too bad she isn't shown to actually do anything in a fight.Hope she gets more development or actually do anything besides her light based powers in a battle.

Honoka>Mayumi>Miyuki
Old 2014-05-20, 12:01   Link #17
Rava

Quote:
Too bad she isn't shown to actually do anything in a fight.Hope she gets more development or actually do anything besides her light based powers in a battle.

Honoka>Mayumi>Miyuki
Well, her magic repertoire has so far included:

Evil Eye (heh)
- Light flashes
- Reducing the amount of light (in water)
- Optical camouflage
- Creating a birds eye view of the terrain

If the author really wants to make her focus on her Light magic more, only other thing left is, what, lasers?
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 12:12   Link #18
itisjustme

Laser, illusions, invisibility, photon bomb (yeah I know it's a sci-fi idea), radiation, light speed travel if you want to be crazy, etc

Hell if you wanted to be smartass about it you could go the dark matter route
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 13:27   Link #19
Rava

I can easily see Honoka fangirling away if she gets to see Maya use Night/Meteor Line.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 00:39   Link #20
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:

Honoka>Mayumi>Miyuki
I am not sure how Mayumi jumps into the equation??
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote