Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-12-13, 00:42   Link #81
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
I don't think it's as simple as its being "just images" as you make it out to be. Go read the Wikipedia article on DirectShow for some details, notably the Video Renderer vs. VMR7 vs. VMR9 section.

--Ian.
Again it's just drawing pictures to a screen. It doesn't require much work at all for a video card just very repetitive labor. Yes he'll lose VMR9 but that renderer isn't really worth it anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Though now, even though it costs less money ($7.95 v. $9.95), it costs a bit more in privacy. It now requires activation. You need to be connected to the Internet to complete the installation since it contacts a registration server (which it does NOT tell you about, by the way!). I first see it when Kerio starts going nuts about the installer wanting to connect somewhere on the Internet, in this case, an authorization server.

Needless to say, CoreCodec has lost me as a paying customer.

--Ian.
I don't see why you would need it anyway. Is libavcodec too slow for AVC playback for you? Because if it's not all you would get with CoreAVC is some speed and worser image quality.

EDIT: But yes I do agree on the activation being a bad move by CoreCodec.
Old 2006-12-13, 21:18   Link #82
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Yeah, did what you said, but the lag is still there. Oh well, guess I just have to wait for the .avi releases. Thanks anyway guys!
Old 2006-12-13, 23:37   Link #83
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harukalover View Post
I don't see why you would need it anyway. Is libavcodec too slow for AVC playback for you? Because if it's not all you would get with CoreAVC is some speed and worser image quality.
For a while, it was slower with my hardware even at D1 resolutions for source material. However, the tryouts have caught up lately.

Quote:
EDIT: But yes I do agree on the activation being a bad move by CoreCodec.
While I'm not really questioning activation itself per se (though truth be known, I'm no huge fan of activation of any kind), it's this sneaky, undocumented contacting a server while I'm not aware which only came to light when Kerio told me about it is what has me upset.

I can tell you right now this would NOT sit well with security-minded organizations, especially those where privacy and security are important. I suspect this would not be very HIPAA compliant.

--Ian.

Last edited by IRJustman; 2006-12-13 at 23:49.
Old 2006-12-14, 04:34   Link #84
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

1.2 is already cracked anyway. A lot of good that activation scheme did them...

And low-resolution 2D images are low-resolution 2D images. Rendering them is trivial. Resizing them and doing fancy filtering is not, but you don't have to do that (and in fact, the CCCP defaults have it turned off). A Rage128 will be more than enough.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2006-12-25, 09:05   Link #85
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

btw i wanted to download the player for playing MKV video files.After following the links,i am still very confused about which link should i click.If any1 can gimme a direct link to download the MKV player,i would appreciate it

thx,merry xmas
Old 2006-12-25, 10:33   Link #86
emptyeighty

http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccp
Old 2006-12-29, 01:56   Link #87
kyuubixn

what if the audio goes faster than the video?
how would i fix that?
Old 2006-12-29, 09:57   Link #88
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuubixn View Post
what if the audio goes faster than the video?
how would i fix that?
What?! That could hardly happen... Wait, actually it did happen to me once.

Reinstall all your codecs...
Old 2006-12-29, 12:47   Link #89
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
What?! That could hardly happen... Wait, actually it did happen to me once.

Reinstall all your codecs...
Happens often if slightly less than enough CPU is available.

kyuubixn: What's your CPU and what are you using to decode?
Old 2006-12-30, 01:16   Link #90
kyuubixn

what is CPU?
Old 2006-12-30, 05:36   Link #91
emptyeighty

CPU = Central Processing Unit, that is the main chip that powers your computer. To make things easier for you get this tool, go tools -> test render, select the problematic file, let it finish, then go file -> save log and post that log here.
Old 2006-12-30, 23:37   Link #92
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
CPU = Central Processing Unit, that is the main chip that powers your computer. To make things easier for you get this tool, go tools -> test render, select the problematic file, let it finish, then go file -> save log and post that log here.
It wouldn't be so much the sound running faster but the video running slower in his case.

I would suspect this to be particularly true if it's an H.264 file and it's running on a slower machine. Anything below a Pentium 4 (Intel) or Athlon XP 2000+ (AMD, and did they ever make such a part?) will more than likely be too slow.

--Ian.
Old 2007-01-08, 20:54   Link #93
dogfaja

Angry Matroska Mkv Suks!!!

I TRIED EVERYTHING TO PLAY THIS DAMN FILE.. TRIED FROM INSTALLING/UNINSTALLING CODEC PACKS LIKE CCCP AND DOWNLOADING PLAYERS BUT STILL WONT PLAY THIS SH*&TY CONTAINER! IM STICKING TO OLD FILES TYPES COZ THIS MKV FILE DRAINS YOUR TIME AND ENERGY SO SAVE YOUR FRUSTRATIONS!!
Old 2007-01-09, 05:18   Link #94
Navel

Guess who fails.
Old 2007-01-09, 17:45   Link #95
emptyeighty

http://www.cccp-project.net/chat/ or #cccp@irc.chatsociety.net If you don't throw a hissy fit we'll help ya.
Old 2007-02-10, 07:06   Link #96
velvet
"with you, happiness"

You guys are being extremely nice, I mean it. It's like the same question over and over again. (Or maybe it's just me having too little understanding)

I'm currently in the process of reading all these pages, can't help myself posting XD
Old 2007-03-05, 05:09   Link #97
Nergol

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the key to understanding .mkv is:

.mkv = .sht

It may be newer than .avi, and .avi may have its problems. It may even need a replacement. Butthatlacement is not .mkv - whoever designed it needs to go back to the drawing board. Bad compatability, craptastic subtitle drawing, dumb stuff like drawing one line of subtitle over another, resource hoggery, and general suckiness means .mkv is not ready for prime time.
Old 2007-03-05, 05:24   Link #98
Navel

The post above mine is an example of a post coming from people that don't know what they're speaking about.

There's an easy way out though: try to find some more info and see why someone would make such an affirmation reading your post. A little help: mkv is a container, it doesn't draw subtitles, it only contains them, a container has no influence on the resources so you simply jumped to a wrong conclusion that magically made sense for you, an advanced container can store inside streams from newer video and audio compression formats that require more procesing power during decoding (you can't stop progress). You are right on the compatibility part though, the best supported platform is a PC with Microsoft Windows while *nix and Mac users have to satisfy themselves with what mplayer and vlc has to offer, but even there things have improved over time. At least under mplayer, from the features usually used on a file only chapters don't work right now.

Last edited by Navel; 2007-03-05 at 05:37.
Old 2007-03-05, 05:38   Link #99
Nergol

Navel;

I know that when I play .mkv files, the subtitles look like crap. What else do I need to know? It's not a superior format for subtitled anime if tough-to-read, weirdly-drawn subtitles in a clunky font jumble over each other. I don't need to explain not liking that.

Look, guy, I'm not a fansubber or an encoder. I'm an end-user. All I know is: .avi work good, .mkv work bad. But that's all I need to know. Anyone who produces anything for other people knows that their job is to make something that works well for the end-user. That's true wether the thing being produced is fansubs, cars, widgets, or baloney sandwiches. If it doesn't work well for the end-user, it's a dog no matter how impressive its spec sheet may look.

.mkv work bad. Boo .mkv

Last edited by Nergol; 2007-03-05 at 05:48.
Old 2007-03-05, 05:43   Link #100
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navel View Post
At least under mplayer, from the features usually used on a file only chapters don't work right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.txt
! and @
Seek to the beginning of the previous/next chapter.
Works as intended i would say.

Edit: Using CCCP's SVN22261 build btw.

Tags
matroska, mkv, wiki candidate