AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-01-08, 03:56   Link #141
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Might be a silly question to ask, how long is this?
24 episodes according to this as of now.

Really like the first episode, but there were so many names to follow lol. Love the music.

Last edited by LusterFlare; 2010-01-08 at 04:24.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 04:19   Link #142
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Might be a silly question to ask, how long is this?
As far as I know, they bought space for 12 episodes so far...so maybe the anime will end after that, maybe they just couldn't say right now, or maybe they'll just wait and see how the first half is greeted by the audience.

I sincerely hope it's not just 12 though, because there's no way to cram 6 novels into that space.
Old 2010-01-08, 04:34   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
24 episodes according to this as of now.
Heh, that's the last place you should trust regarding show lengths. Plus most sites are saying 12 episodes, so at this point i believe it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-01-08 at 04:54.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 04:45   Link #144
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

At least its better than ANN with the "we have 12 episode" anyways
But i'm not sure its will be 2 cour of series...
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 05:14   Link #145
Kunagisa

I really hope it's not 12, I just re-watched trailer 3. There's a character from book 4 (I THINK that's her anyway, she appeared for like a second), so if it's 12 then it might be pretty tight on schedule.

Don't think that's her now, but still 12 seems fairly short.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2010-01-08 at 05:40.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 06:24   Link #146
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Finally watched it, and wow that was better then anything i ever expected.
Spoiler for Episode 01:
Old 2010-01-08, 07:26   Link #147
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Don't think that's her now, but still 12 seems fairly short.
Some rumours and stuffs tell that it will be 2 cours. (In total 26 episodes)

I don't know, but some blogs recorded that the official site (I.E) gave the indication that it's gonna be 26 episodes [13 DVDs], or at least 2 cours (24 episodes)

Myself I had a feeling that it will be 1 cour, seeing the extras they give from DVDs. But then I saw the thing that make me believe that the DVDs are going to be more than 6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quote from Official Site
(http://www.durarara.com/release/dvd01.html)
■アニメイトオリジナル特典
・第1巻購入特典:描き下ろしブックカバー(臨也&静雄)

実際の特典には背景が入ります。

・1~6巻連動購入特典:小説収納ファイル
・全巻購入特典:未定
※特典内容は変更になる可能性がございます。
See the bolded ones. For those who can't read Japanese, those two translates to:

(Buying) Vol 1-6 altogether extra: File for storing the short novel tokutens (I'll elaborate more for those who are interested)
(Buying) All volumes altogether extra: Undecided

Unless they don't change the plans, we have 6 DVDs+, which mean 1 cour is already covered and more. I can't see them doing 1 and a half cour at all, so that leaves for 2 cours plans. But this will go if there is no change in plans and that info is not a typo from the official site.

Here's hoping the info would be true though So far, Episode 1 have already covered only 2 chapters of the novel. In truth, I don't suppose that the characters' introductions for those 'main' 15 are gonna be done by 3rd episode hoo boy... (Not that this is a good way to count coverage though, starting from Durararax4 I notice that the chapters are getting 'thicker' from the chapter list... Though I don't have vol 6 yet ;o;

@Shiro

Vending machine-tan needs more people to recognize it him!!!

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-01-08 at 07:38.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 07:44   Link #148
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The first episode was even better that I thought it would be. Not much happened but the realisation is very solid and the character looks great. Nice voice cast too.

Spoiler for Ep 1:
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 10:24   Link #149
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Interesting episodes, I liked it overall and seemed like a solid start and introduction to the characters. But men its going to take awhile to remember all the names, oh well as time goes I will probably remember them all. The op was ok, maybe it will be a song that I will like it better as it goes on but for now I thought it was ok. But the scenes in the op was interesting and seems like there will be plenty of fun characters. The ed however was great, much better than the op.

But I will admit the beginning was bit dull as it was just introducing the characters and the general setting. However when the Headless Rider scenes came, well I feel like this will be another great series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Finally watched it, and wow that was better then anything i ever expected.
Spoiler for Episode 01:
Yep, no oversize breast is nice to see. And Vending Machines guy is one of the the characters that I am looking forward to most .
Old 2010-01-08, 11:14   Link #150
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Good Lord, I absolutely adore how DVD infos can (accidentally) give you the titles of upcoming episodes!

Spoiler for Upcoming episodes title only:

FEEL FREE TO TRANSLATE ESPECIALLY THE NOVEL READER SINCE I REALIZE THAT I AM KNOCKING ON DEAD WOOD ON THE STRANGENESS OF THE TITLES (Yes, I'm talking about episode 8 which particularly is a 'possible readings' type of thing :''D C'mon, it's obvious on how we should read it, but homg did they make it so... GAH ;; )

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 11:21   Link #151
SMT
*Artist

Some avatars, feel free to use them.
Spoiler for avatars:

Not very many, though.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 12:05   Link #152
Iron Maw
Banned

Pretty solid first episode and a lot less confusing than Baccano's. Production wise everything top notch as expected from Brain Base.

Looking forward to more.

BTW: I am the only one who can't stop listening to the OP? IMO it's best this season and the ED is pretty decent too.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 12:59   Link #153
Nosauz

first episode was decent, and just awesome music. Although there wasn't as much pizazz compared to baccano's first episode, the narative/exposition was just somewhat overbearing, considering it was mostly all talk and none of it all that interesting, considering it was presented as a vocalized online text chat. In the end the animation was superb when the ghost biker showed up, and i'll probably watch it again, just hope that it can at least match bacanno on intensity.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 13:16   Link #154
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Vending machine-tan needs more people to recognize it him!!!
Yes, yes! He is such a misunderstood character. <33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Yep, no oversize breast is nice to see. And Vending Machines guy is one of the the characters that I am looking forward to most .
Huh, i wasn't saying there are oversized breasts. It's classic Yasuda Suzuhito to have pretty much the same size with each of his females, and it's no change here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
BTW: I am the only one who can't stop listening to the OP? IMO it's best this season and the ED is pretty decent too.
Nope you're not the only one. I've been humming the OP to myself since i watched it this morning.
Old 2010-01-08, 13:29   Link #155
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nope you're not the only one. I've been humming the OP to myself since i watched it this morning.
Yep, loving the Baccano vibe with the animation too.
Old 2010-01-08, 14:15   Link #156
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I'm totally confused on the character names, too much to remember. Also I got quite lost with the internet chat scenes. Maybe a little too much information to absorb for a first episode, I've been watching more slice of life stuff lately (haven't used my brain to watch anime for a while).

The animation was pretty good, but I think the storyboard can be improved here and there for more shocking effects. I wasn't going to watch this till I saw the Newtype Romance 2010 calendar, I really liked the character designs so I decided to give this a try.

The opening and ending are good. Despite the ending isn't even 'animated', I liked the sequence. The background music definitely stood out, looking forward to the OST.
Old 2010-01-08, 14:47   Link #157
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I'm totally confused on the character names, too much to remember. Also I got quite lost with the internet chat scenes. Maybe a little too much information to absorb for a first episode, I've been watching more slice of life stuff lately (haven't used my brain to watch anime for a while).
This seems be a trait of the author, Baccano was even worse about it, but that show ended sorting itself out in the end. It will probably be the same case with this too.
Old 2010-01-08, 14:50   Link #158
Kunagisa

@Natsuki Hyuga: Thanks for the info.

Spoiler for Upcoming episodes title only:

Hrmm I read these as well on the Chinese wiki, but I was confused because they are all kanjis! And they made sense if I read them like Chinese. Sticking 'em in the google translator doesn't really help at all, but

Spoiler for minor title spoilers:

If that's true then the pacing is horrible for 12 episodes, though pretty sweet for 24/26. Either way, speculations are speculations, withholding further judgments until more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Spoiler for Ep 1:
Spoiler for Extremely Minor Spoiler:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 15:00   Link #159
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Ha, same here
Though, I find the OP way better than the ED, in which the ED sounds a bit too 'generic' to me.

Anywayz, way to dump information at us lol.
Definitely a set-up episode but I paid enough attention this time so I hope I didn't miss any important clues ( my mind tends to wander when there's alot of talking going on e__e ) I agree the internet chats were a bit too much to read but that's what the 'pause' button is for xD

Either way, I'm very satisfied and pleased.
There is no disappoint from me :]
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 15:29   Link #160
bbee

The first ep was quite interesting. I like the style of storytelling: dialogue-driven with lots of narration in the form of inner monologues. That always makes it easy to get strong characterization and to let you connect with the characters. The frequent cuts to the messageboard were also quite a unique way to set up the story and characters. Let's hope they keep up this style in later episodes when they develop more characters and the story picks up.
The animation was also quite fitting to this, they managed to make the city quite pretty to look at, yet still serene in a such a wat that it does not detract from the story. A "city of people" if you will.

Not too sure about the plot though. Monster biker chicks? It could go both ways really, but if they stick to the current style and don't make the plot too crazy the show could be quite interesting all the way through.
All in, this is definately the best show of the season so far. But it's not *that* amazing, so this probably says more about the season than the show itself. Oh well, lets stick it out and see where it goes.

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen