AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-06, 21:03   Link #6481
waffler

lol maybe he can decompose himself and then recompose himself xD but then he would be a moving brain so that would be creepy xD
Old 2013-09-06, 21:09   Link #6482
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
lol maybe he can decompose himself and then recompose himself xD but then he would be a moving brain so that would be creepy xD
A moving Brain......
If Tatsuya can change himself into information and move through the Information dimension, he may be able to achieve teleportation (another far fetch theory)
Old 2013-09-06, 21:21   Link #6483
Waxman

Yes, but he would need to control pushions even more perfectly than he already control psions.
Something like use spirit sight, fix coordenates create a "spirit" with his consiousness in it, something like the parasite for example and only then decompose and regrow himself fisically.
There it is my blabber of the day, it was getting late for it.
Old 2013-09-06, 21:23   Link #6484
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Yes, but he would need to control pushions even more perfectly than he already control psions.
Something like use spirit sight, fix coordenates create a "spirit" with his consiousness in it, something like the parasite for example and only then decompose and regrow himself fisically.
There it is my blabber of the day, it was getting late for it.
I wonder a compressed pushion (akin to gram demolition) would produced what effect?
Old 2013-09-06, 21:31   Link #6485
Waxman

Given that Pushions are emotion particles they will likely affect the mindset of the target.
"Hate" pushions will probably make the target agresive.
The closest example that come to mind is what happened with the pushions Honoka emited and how affected the parasite inside Pixie
Old 2013-09-06, 21:45   Link #6486
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
It isn't just that. In all likelihood they kicked him out the family before they found out just how powerful he is. Considering they took away any subconscious loyalty he had to the family away and the horrible way they treated him, he has no reason to even accept joining back if they offer it.
They didn't kick him out of the family. He's still a Yotsuba in name, if nothing else.

And while they took away any loyalty he has to the family, they left his loyalty to Miyuki.

And Miyuki is next in line to be the head of the Yotsuba, so she doesn't have much reason to go against them. (The older Yotsuba may look down on Tatsuya, but the younger ones don't seem to. So Miyuki might see herself ushering in an age of Yotsuba that appreciate Tatsuya.)
Old 2013-09-07, 04:52   Link #6487
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

visitor chapter ark ch 12-13 got updated..
Old 2013-09-07, 05:39   Link #6488
vadvadindabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
A moving Brain......
If Tatsuya can change himself into information and move through the Information dimension, he may be able to achieve teleportation (another far fetch theory)
That sounds so awesome and it might not be that far fetched, though if he could do that I doubt he would use it in combat since it would probably be pretty complicated. If I were him I'd only use it for long range travel since his magic has huge range inside the information dimension anyways.

Edit: In V10 Chapter 12 there is also this passage
Quote:
Suddenly invoking his vision of the relationship of cause and effect left him open to ‘accidents’; namely leaving his body behind in the physical dimension by incessantly using it; when he was in link space, any wound he suffered wouldn’t heal. Becoming engrossed in ‘observation’ was a situation that could indeed make him switch his mind to that side.

Last edited by vadvadindabad; 2013-09-07 at 05:50.
Old 2013-09-07, 08:07   Link #6489
Breimoon

not sure he could do that. He can not cure death and removing his whole body would result in death. To achieve this he would first make another body but that more then teletrasportation is clonation. But if i remember well there is the "spirit" thing( Correct me if i'm wrong! It has been a while since I last read it) that he can't copy so not sure about clonation either. And furthermore he fixex codes up to 24 h ago when healing so we don't know if he knows how to make codes for constructing bodies.
Old 2013-09-07, 09:59   Link #6490
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
They didn't kick him out of the family. He's still a Yotsuba in name, if nothing else.

And while they took away any loyalty he has to the family, they left his loyalty to Miyuki.

And Miyuki is next in line to be the head of the Yotsuba, so she doesn't have much reason to go against them. (The older Yotsuba may look down on Tatsuya, but the younger ones don't seem to. So Miyuki might see herself ushering in an age of Yotsuba that appreciate Tatsuya.)
Except it's been explicitly stated in the novels that Tatsuya is not considered as a member of the family, or at least he himself doesn't perceive himself a member, as seen during his talk with Juumonji at the end of the Nine Schools Competition. That conversation also reveals where his current position as an Extra is problematic, because Tatsuya can marry into another family if he really wants to stick it to the Yotsuba.
Old 2013-09-07, 10:09   Link #6491
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Except it's been explicitly stated in the novels that Tatsuya is not considered as a member of the family, or at least he himself doesn't perceive himself a member, as seen during his talk with Juumonji at the end of the Nine Schools Competition. That conversation also reveals where his current position as an Extra is problematic, because Tatsuya can marry into another family if he really wants to stick it to the Yotsuba.
I don't know if intentional or not but Tat's is not a extra #, he is a outcast. Extras are families that have lost the meaning in their number (not that they lost the number it self seeing as how some still have that last name) this people also faced intense discrimination from the magic society (not unlike Tatsuya).
Old 2013-09-07, 14:01   Link #6492
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
I don't know if intentional or not but Tat's is not a extra #, he is a outcast. Extras are families that have lost the meaning in their number (not that they lost the number it self seeing as how some still have that last name) this people also faced intense discrimination from the magic society (not unlike Tatsuya).
Tatsuya is an Extra for all intensive purposes. The difference between the Yotsuba and other clans is that they use aliases in public instead of the Yotsuba name. So being an Extra in the Yotsuba case means you keep the alias but aren't acknowledged as being part of the main family. A comparison that helps make this apparent is Ayako's status in the family. She isn't considered a potential next Head even though she is older than Fumiya, but she is still treated as family.
Old 2013-09-07, 14:17   Link #6493
babbo3d

Quote:
Tatsuya is an Extra for all intensive purposes. The difference between the Yotsuba and other clans is that they use aliases in public instead of the Yotsuba name. So being an Extra in the Yotsuba case means you keep the alias but aren't acknowledged as being part of the main family. A comparison that helps make this apparent is Ayako's status in the family. She isn't considered a potential next Head even though she is older than Fumiya, but she is still treated as family.
That is simple alienation of a individual not a extra.
Old 2013-09-07, 14:32   Link #6494
Waxman

I believed extras were whole families not only an individual, i may be wrong though.
About Ayako, she is older but also female, we already agreed that the Yotsuba are traditionalists so if they can they push this responsabilities to the elder son.
Genzou only got 2 daughters and for them Miya´s only child is Miyuki
Old 2013-09-07, 15:10   Link #6495
Zoks

Families are not allowed to strip anyone from their numbers anymore, so in theory new Extras shouldn't be created. In the Yotsuba's case, they don't have official Extras because they are extremely secretive about who is actually a family member to begin with, so everyone uses aliases regardless if they are considered official members (like Miyuki and the Kuroba twins) or not (Tatsuya.) Saying Tatsuya isn't an Extra is semantics at best, since in practice the Yotsuba have no need to go out of their way to strip Tatsuya of his Yotsuba name officially because they can just not adopt him into the family. The fact that he is alienated and treated by everybody else as if he doesn't exist (except for the people who regularly interact with him, since they understand quite well where he stands power wise) shows that his existence is that of an Extra.
Old 2013-09-07, 15:45   Link #6496
Rasen

Quote:
If you'll re-read my quote, "Tatsuya is still a Yotsuba, IN NAME, if nothing else."

I don't disagree that Tatsuya is for all intents and purposes an Extra. And like their Extras and Guardians, the Yotsuba left safeguards in place to keep him loyal/in-check.

For instance, Tatsuya does NOT want to stick it to the Yotsuba, because he just does NOT care.
Old 2013-09-07, 16:02   Link #6497
babbo3d

Quote:
Families are not allowed to strip anyone from their numbers anymore, so in theory new Extras shouldn't be created. In the Yotsuba's case, they don't have official Extras because they are extremely secretive about who is actually a family member to begin with, so everyone uses aliases regardless if they are considered official members (like Miyuki and the Kuroba twins) or not (Tatsuya.) Saying Tatsuya isn't an Extra is semantics at best, since in practice the Yotsuba have no need to go out of their way to strip Tatsuya of his Yotsuba name officially because they can just not adopt him into the family. The fact that he is alienated and treated by everybody else as if he doesn't exist (except for the people who regularly interact with him, since they understand quite well where he stands power wise) shows that his existence is that of an Extra.
Families never had the power to strip people of their numbers the government does,
So new extras could appear at anytime.
Old 2013-09-07, 16:29   Link #6498
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
If you'll re-read my quote, "Tatsuya is still a Yotsuba, IN NAME, if nothing else."

I don't disagree that Tatsuya is for all intents and purposes an Extra. And like their Extras and Guardians, the Yotsuba left safeguards in place to keep him loyal/in-check.

For instance, Tatsuya does NOT want to stick it to the Yotsuba, because he just does NOT care.
I don't agree about him not caring. It's true that he may not "hate" the Yotsuba, but he isn't made of stone. It is obvious that he dislikes the way they treat him (the "tool" part, not the disrespect.) It is possible for him to consider marrying into another family (or at least use that as a threat) if a scenario comes about that calls for such a maneuver. Let's not forget, marriage is a political tool in this series.
Old 2013-09-07, 16:45   Link #6499
whsie

Quote:
It isn't just that. In all likelihood they kicked him out the family before they found out just how powerful he is. Considering they took away any subconscious loyalty he had to the family away and the horrible way they treated him, he has no reason to even accept joining back if they offer it.
It's more like they designated him as a guardian and guardians can never be part of the "official" family.

Yes, he is still affiliated with the Yotsuba and deeply so because of his sister (future clan leader) and his lineage (grandfather was and aunt is clan leader), but he can't ever truly be part of the "official" family just for the reason that guardians are supposed to serve for life.

I guess it's similar to the Kingsguard in the The Song of Ice and Fire Series. Prince Aemon the Dragonknight may be affiliated to the royal family due to lineage, but he already gave up everything when he entered into the Kingsguard.
Old 2013-09-07, 17:34   Link #6500
Rasen

Quote:
I don't agree about him not caring. It's true that he may not "hate" the Yotsuba, but he isn't made of stone. It is obvious that he dislikes the way they treat him (the "tool" part, not the disrespect.) It is possible for him to consider marrying into another family (or at least use that as a threat) if a scenario comes about that calls for such a maneuver. Let's not forget, marriage is a political tool in this series.
He "dislikes" it, in an intellectual sense. As of the current volumes, his emotions are gimped. What he calls dislike, we would probably consider minor irritant. People don't do things like enter a loveless marriage because of a mosquito.

His loyalty is to Miyuki alone. And Miyuki is most likely going to be the next clan head. In other words, he's practically guaranteed better treatment from the Yotsuba in the future.

In short, he has no reason to even consider the "marriage" as a political tool.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings