AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-09, 21:17   Link #41
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Advantage of Sasuke :

Curse Seal : incredible boost of power.

Sharingan : can "freeze" the movement, but can't do anything else against Neji.

Super Fast Taijutsu

Chidori : can cut everything with a stab of chakra.

Some other Kaiton (fire) Jutsu.

Disadvantage :

He can't use the Chidori more than two time per day.

Advantage of Neji :

Byakugan : can see all things in a sphere of 50m radius at almost 360° and the inner coils.

Gentle Fist : one blow may finish the fight, can destroy the things built with chakra.

Kaiten : can stop any physical attack and return it to the opponent with a real "wall" of chakra.

64 Hands of Hakke : can stop the flow of all chakra in the opponent body

Neji's Jutsu doesn't require a hand seal

Disadvantage :

None in close combat, but useless for the fight at long distance, the Byakugan have a little blind angle.
dont forget that the the kaiten knocks away chakra.... and what is chidori? chakra...

oh. and the jounin said that sasuke is as powerful as a chuunin. so that should be good enough for you. being strong as a chuunin and having the leaderership/qualities of a chuunin are different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
I think there was a whole thread (or at least a good part of a thread) about Chuunins being leadership material and Naruto/Sasuke/Neji not qualifying. Since I have nothing to add I'll leave it at that.

64 Hands is technically not a blooodline jutsu, but it is. If Sasuke/Kakashi were to
•copy it (which I still believe he can't do, but that's in another thread as well)
•spend a lot of time and effort into seeing the areas of the body poked, and tried to replicate it
he STILL couldn't do it. He'd just be poking random spots on the body, which may or may not be tenketsu holes.
or you could just copy the fighting style, and instead of hitting with fingers hit with a fist.

or you could release alot of chakra into the general area of important organs.. that would work.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 22:02   Link #42
Zeratul
n00bie

Sasuke can probably kill Neji without even using a curse seal. Chidori is a high jounin level technique at the level Sasuke uses it.

Yes Kaiten knocks away chakra but Chidori focuses an enormous amount of energy into a single point(his hand) and on the other hand the chakra Neji releases during Kaiten is not focused at all and it is all around him which doesnt make it strong enough to knock away Chidori

Chidori is strong enough to go straight through steel.

And also dont forget that Sasuke is at Lee level taijutsu which means Neji's taijutsu is useless
Zeratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 22:20   Link #43
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
dont forget that the the kaiten knocks away chakra.... and what is chidori? chakra...
Yeah and that's exactly what I said.
Quote:
I believe that the Heavenly Spin is able to stop and return the Chidori (but obviously that use a lot of chakra)
Quote:
oh. and the jounin said that sasuke is as powerful as a chuunin. so that should be good enough for you. being strong as a chuunin and having the leaderership/qualities of a chuunin are different.
So?
What is exactly the relation with my post?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 23:19   Link #44
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
So?
What is exactly the relation with my post?
heh..it doesn't relate with your post...

Anyhow, can the Chidori penetrate the Kaiten? Yes, but no...
Chidori=focused chakra
Kaiten=chakra distributed evenly around the body

So, if Neji used his Chakra as a wall, then it would easily go through...
but...
Neji spins. The chakra is in motion, so I believe Neji's plan, rather than trying to return the energy, would try to spin Sasuke around him, like a judo throw.
Makes sense to me, anyway...

About Sasuke finding the blind spot - it won't happen unless someone tells him. Kidomaru found out under VERY EXACT circumstances.
•Successfully manages to move outside the range of the Byakugan by using many spiders to keep Neji occupied
•Manages to prevent Neji's spinning, immobilizing his Kaiten
***This is important because the Kaiten makes up for his blind spot***
•Tosses daggers until he notices a pattern

Now, how would Sasuke discover this on his own? At this point in time, he has no jutsus that can immobilize the Kaiten yet leave Neji able to fight.
The ONLY way I can think of is if Sasuke
•throws a single kunai/small shuriken at the exact spot by chance
•stays outside of the Byakugan's range while throwing
•Neji stays EXACTLY STILL. If he takes a step forward, or moves his head, the blind spot will change and he'll see the projectile.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 23:23   Link #45
Izlude
Sharingan!

Good to see that everyone is elaborating on all my points
Izlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 23:31   Link #46
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
i think sasuke would win and believe me i'm a big neji fan. I just think sasuke is getting extremely strong right now.
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 00:28   Link #47
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
sasuke is getting stronger but isnt everyong getting stronger??? u gots to remember how neji is handling a level 2 curse seal, spider semen fights longrange and neji fights close range, sasuke cant fight long range unless he turns into MJ w/ level 2

neji was able to hit spider semen w/ 64 hands of hakke but spider semen's cheating skillz didnt do anything to him

sharingan would help him a lot w/ level 2......

ok there is no definate answer to sasuke vs neji rite now until we actually see them fight which might take awhile(5 years ^_^)
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 14:13   Link #48
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Since we really havent seen sasuke use the second level curse its hard to say. But without the curse Neji wins hands down with his 2 ohgis, Hakke sho Kaiten, and Hakke rokujyuyonsho.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 14:17   Link #49
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
Since we really havent seen sasuke use the second level curse its hard to say. But without the curse Neji wins hands down with his 2 ohgis, Hakke sho Kaiten, and Hakke rokujyuyonsho.
if u think about it... we hardly see Sasuke really fight anymore. He's usually in the hospital with girls all over him.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 15:25   Link #50
Byakugan
krigakure assassin

Post spoiler

What u guys arent realizing is that naruto and sasuke are both really good in skill past chuunin level because if u remember they completed a SUPER A CLASS MISSION RESERVED FOR ONLY ELITE NINJA (JOUNIN). this mission of course was when they fought haku and zabuza. also naruto was able to summun gama oyabun (GIANT TOAD BOSS) whom jiraiya cant even control and whom only the second or third (cant remeber)hokage was able to control before naruto. Naruto also learned the rasengan which only jiraiya and the third hokage (fire shadow) had mastered in two years! naruto learned it in two weeks!
Also remember Haku was 15 yrs old and was already at the chasing ninja level (anbu).
As for sasuke defeating neji with level 2 curse seal of course he would win and there is a way he could win with out level 2 curse seal. Remember back when lee fought gaara and did the primary lotus? Remember when kakashi sensei took of his leaf hitai-ate
head band to use the sharingan to learn primary lotus? He could show it to sasuke and then sasuke could easily beat neji. with out curse seal.
Byakugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 15:29   Link #51
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakugan
What u guys arent realizing is that naruto and sasuke are both really good in skill past chuunin level because if u remember they completed a SUPER A CLASS MISSION RESERVED FOR ONLY ELITE NINJA (JOUNIN). this mission of course was when they fought haku and zabuza. also naruto was able to summun gama oyabun (GIANT TOAD BOSS) whom jiraiya cant even control and whom only the second or third (cant remeber)hokage was able to control before naruto. Naruto also learned the rasengan which only jiraiya and the third hokage (fire shadow) had mastered in two years! naruto learned it in two weeks!
Also remember Haku was 15 yrs old and was already at the chasing ninja level (anbu).
As for sasuke defeating neji with level 2 curse seal of course he would win and there is a way he could win with out level 2 curse seal. Remember back when lee fought gaara and did the primary lotus? Remember when kakashi sensei took of his leaf hitai-ate
head band to use the sharingan to learn primary lotus? He could show it to sasuke and then sasuke could easily beat neji. with out curse seal.

Exactly what was the point of all this stuff you just wrote. Without using the curse seals power i dont see how Sasuke could ever break threw Nejis Kaiten.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 16:12   Link #52
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratul
Yes Kaiten knocks away chakra but Chidori focuses an enormous amount of energy into a single point(his hand) and on the other hand the chakra Neji releases during Kaiten is not focused at all and it is all around him which doesnt make it strong enough to knock away Chidori

Chidori is strong enough to go straight through steel.
While that part is right, I don't think this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratul
And also dont forget that Sasuke is at Lee level taijutsu which means Neji's taijutsu is useless
Because before the Chuunin exam, Rock wants to fight Sasuke, and after beating him, says that the strongest level Genin is on his squad, Neji. Then in Lee's flashback during the fight, you see Neji absolutely owning him, and Tenten telling him that he can't compete with Neji.

Even if he's at Lee's level, he's still not at Neji's.

I still think Sasuke wins, though, because he can fight at range. He could probably hit Neji with the move that he pinned Orochimaru to the tree with (provided there's something to pin him to.) and use the Dragon Flame in quick succession. It may or may not give Sasuke enough time to finish Neji with the Chidori. The point is, Sasuke doesn't JUST have those close range moves, while Neji pretty much does. (To the extent we've seen of his powers.)

Also (and I'm not sure about this, because nothing's ever been said about it.) I think Sasuke's supposed to be quicker than Neji is.

I can see Neji winning the fight by getting the drop on Sasuke, as he isn't the brightest, and if Neji planned an ambush, he can probably get in either a 64 hands of Hakke or a Gentle Fist to open and possibly end the match.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 16:15   Link #53
eLstar
(^_^)v

Well you see Rock Lee getting owned everytime...but before he gained his speed with the weights. It's never been said that Rock Lee ever fought Neji without the weights yet. Even though Neji wasn't didn't look all shocked but that doesn't prove anything really. I mean, up until he fought Naruto Neji didn't really show any other facial expression except scowling and smirking, or none at all.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 16:28   Link #54
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Well you see Rock Lee getting owned everytime...but before he gained his speed with the weights. It's never been said that Rock Lee ever fought Neji without the weights yet. Even though Neji wasn't didn't look all shocked but that doesn't prove anything really. I mean, up until he fought Naruto Neji didn't really show any other facial expression except scowling and smirking, or none at all.
I took the flashback fight as to have happened recently, but I don't think it was fought without the weights either. I think the implication is that Neji's style of Taijutsu is more effective, though, or that his skill is better. With a huge advantage in speed though, you can have the best style in the world and it won't make a lick of difference.

I don't think Sasuke has that great of a speed advantage (if any, I was assuming it.) over Neji, so if they walked into a chakra nullification field and fought, I think Neji would come out on top.

But in most other circumstances, I still think Neji would lose this fight.
Old 2004-01-03, 16:32   Link #55
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
I took the flashback fight as to have happened recently, but I don't think it was fought without the weights either. I think the implication is that Neji's style of Taijutsu is more effective, though, or that his skill is better. With a huge advantage in speed though, you can have the best style in the world and it won't make a lick of difference.

I don't think Sasuke has that great of a speed advantage (if any, I was assuming it.) over Neji, so if they walked into a chakra nullification field and fought, I think Neji would come out on top.

If the two did walk into a non chakra zone I believe Sasuke would win.

Neji relies a lot on his Gental Fist. Sasuke doesn't rely solely on his sharingan. Though it helps him a lot. Sasuke should be faster then Neji even if not much faster.

Hell Neji so far has been using his whirlwind a lot. not really developing anything eles.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 16:38   Link #56
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
Neji will win over Sasuke even at any curse level, unless Sasugay's lvl 2 makes him stronger than spiderman, if Neji, a close combat genius, can beat someone who is fighting at longe range, than i believe he would stomp on Sasugay, the only way i can possibly see Sasugay beating Neji is if when he goes lvl 2 his Sharingan is complete, and he gets the full power of it, i.e being able to copy a move on the spot without any thinking of it, and being able to do mange, which Neji has never seen before, so neji wouldnt know enough to look thru Sasugay's body to nullify it
Old 2004-01-03, 16:53   Link #57
Byakugan
krigakure assassin

My earlier post was a little off subject i was just kind of rambling, but do u think that at curse seal level 2 sasuke would be able to use mange-sharingan like his brother itachi used on him? and what effect would the mange sharingan have on neji? yes i do realixe dragon just talked on this but do u really think his sharingan would be at the mange level? and if so how would the illusion effect neji?
Byakugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 16:55   Link #58
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:

You know Dragon Flame, you only resort to calling Sasuke Sasugay when it comes down between Sharingan and Byakugan?

So...predictible..even though Sharingan is WAAAAY better.

Also RandomBoy, I think you're wrong about Sasuke's speed not making a difference. Without his speed I fully believe he'd be beaten a lot faster then with his speed, or it just might be enough to help him win the match.
Old 2004-01-03, 17:02   Link #59
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Also RandomBoy, I think you're wrong about Sasuke's speed not making a difference. Without his speed I fully believe he'd be beaten a lot faster then with his speed, or it just might be enough to help him win the match.
That's RandomMAN to you.

Anyway, I was just referring to the outcome. I don't think the speed difference between the two is going to be enough to alter the outcome. Neji's taijutsu is better. His edge in speed (remember, this is all assumed. Maybe he has an edge in speed, maybe he doesn't, they've never had a race. Or what if Sasuke has an edge in speed, but Neji has one in quickness. Who knows?) Lee's edge in speed would be. I think Lee'd probably take Neji sans weights.
Old 2004-01-03, 17:07   Link #60
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
That's RandomMAN to you.

Anyway, I was just referring to the outcome. I don't think the speed difference between the two is going to be enough to alter the outcome. Neji's taijutsu is better. His edge in speed (remember, this is all assumed. Maybe he has an edge in speed, maybe he doesn't, they've never had a race. Or what if Sasuke has an edge in speed, but Neji has one in quickness. Who knows?) Lee's edge in speed would be. I think Lee'd probably take Neji sans weights.
My mistake. I hope RandomBoy didn't offend you. I couldn't be bothered to right your full username.

But I do believe the speed difference matters. Like I said it could either help Sasuke win, or have him lose a lot less faster then originally. Without his speed he wouldn't be able to avoid any of Neji's movements even if he knew where they were going.