Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-15, 05:03   Link #2981
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
it's a minor thing...but I always found it annoying how the bag of senzu beans always looked like it was full...only for it to have like...5 beans in it lol.
besides the 5 sensu beans that bag is full of air thats why
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 07:55   Link #2982
Peanutbutter

http://www.happinet-p.com/dragonball/

Cell's arc to end at Ep 98. What's next?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 08:00   Link #2983
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post

Well we did see some promo art with Kid Buu in there so the Buu saga is not out of the picture.
Old 2011-02-16, 08:13   Link #2984
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Well we did see some promo art with Kid Buu in there so the Buu saga is not out of the picture.
Another show is taking Kai's slot in April, so a lot of us think it might end after the Cell arc. Would be such a shame if it did.
Old 2011-02-16, 08:18   Link #2985
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Another show is taking Kai's slot in April, so a lot of us think it might end after the Cell arc. Would be such a shame if it did.
aw what show is that? damn this is looking bad i wanna see majin buu arc
Old 2011-02-16, 08:18   Link #2986
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Bear in mind that Toriyama never wanted to write the Buu saga in the first place, and this update is his "Director's Cut" take on the franchise.

For many people back in 1992, Son Goku's second (and then final) death was an incredibly noble and moving way to pass the torch down onto his son, and bring the saga to a dignified end.

Instead, the Buu saga "treated" us to an author SO tired of his own creation the "fights" are stuffed with peurile slapstick and genie-magic shenannigans in a desperate last-ditch effort to make the fans hate it so he can finally kill it and have a family life.

Perhaps its for the best that Son Goku finally receives the hero's rest that he so well deserves.
Old 2011-02-16, 08:22   Link #2987
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Bear in mind that Toriyama never wanted to write the Buu saga in the first place, and this update is his "Director's Cut" take on the franchise.
ho i remember now that i have read something like that, if that is Toriyama's original plan then no choice but to accept it
Old 2011-02-16, 08:37   Link #2988
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Well if that's what they want to do here then we'll just have to live with it. I'm going to be saving cash for the DB Kai boxset anyway
Old 2011-02-16, 10:29   Link #2989
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Well, I always thought the Cell saga was a fitting end, so can't say I'm too disappointed to cap off Kai there. And yeah...I sorta hated the Buu saga, too (although movies 12 and 13 from that arc were some of my favorites).

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 10:48   Link #2990
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post

I wonder if that's including the Trunks story, because they're going to have an open week between Kai and Toriko if they end at 98.

But yeah, all of Fuji TV's anime slots are taken for Spring. If they do Buu saga, it will have to be another season.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 11:10   Link #2991
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

so originally Toriyama did not plan the Fusion technique then
Old 2011-02-16, 11:15   Link #2992
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Bear in mind that Toriyama never wanted to write the Buu saga in the first place
I'm pretty sure that was never officially confirmed, though instead it's what fans said because they don't like the Buu Saga.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2011-02-16 at 11:32.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 11:25   Link #2993
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Instead, the Buu saga "treated" us to an author SO tired of his own creation the "fights" are stuffed with peurile slapstick and genie-magic shenannigans in a desperate last-ditch effort to make the fans hate it so he can finally kill it and have a family life.
...Or the Buu-saga might have been Toriyama's attempt at recapturing the light-hearted feel of the early series, feeling that the Freeza- and Cell-arcs had diverged too far from what the story started out as? Besides, there are plenty of rumors involving where the story was supposed to end, and none of them have been confirmed... Though I will admit that it would make a lot of sense if he intended to end it with Cell, considering how, well... There is nothing regarding the end of that arc that would need to be changed if one were to end the entire series there. It actually feels way more like a series finale than the actual ending did.
Old 2011-02-16, 11:27   Link #2994
Lumir

Would be a SHAME not to see that epic Vegita again... And the long awaited battle...
Old 2011-02-16, 11:37   Link #2995
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

if they got no plans to show the buu saga, seriously they should have reanimated DBKai, dang Toei studio they are so cheap
Old 2011-02-16, 11:41   Link #2996
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
I wonder if that's including the Trunks story, because they're going to have an open week between Kai and Toriko if they end at 98.
If they end it with the History of Trunks, that will be all kinds of epic.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 01:43   Link #2997
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
aw what show is that? damn this is looking bad i wanna see majin buu arc
IIRC it's Toriko, should be pretty decent too.
Quote:
There is nothing regarding the end of that arc that would need to be changed if one were to end the entire series there. It actually feels way more like a series finale than the actual ending did.
That's true for the Frieza arc too...Goku dies, Frieza dies, everybody lives happy on earth, the end. I feel like DB could have ended like, 5 times already, and everytime another alien pops up who wants to either be strongest in the universe or get the dragonballs...or beat up some kid that wouldn't stop crying, anything goes!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 01:49   Link #2998
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i heard about that Toriko i think its like Cooking Master Boy and that made me laugh so ill check that out too

and ye that is true the Freeza arc should be the end of the DragonBall series i heard, but the producers are pushing Toriyama to extend it and that is why he write the Cell arc
Old 2011-02-17, 04:37   Link #2999
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
if they got no plans to show the buu saga, seriously they should have reanimated DBKai, dang Toei studio they are so cheap
There's no need to reanimate the series when it still looks pretty damn good even when compared to the shows that we see now.
Old 2011-02-17, 04:43   Link #3000
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's no need to reanimate the series when it still looks pretty damn good even when compared to the shows that we see now.
ye but they shown modern animation on the opening and ending song of DBKai and that makes me want to see the whole DBKai animated with modern style