AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 21:35   Link #1221
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

HanaIro good news via ANN
Old 2011-10-10, 00:53   Link #1222
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosius View Post
HanaIro good news via ANN
Lol seriously? It's hilarious because me and Archon Wing were joking about there being a HSI sequel, but we thought it would be out of the picture. Guess we were totally wrong.

Then again, it could just be an OVA.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 00:58   Link #1223
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing

Minko does not approve of this. Then I guess nobody cares about what Minko thinks.

It would be best to have a light-hearted series of OVAs, a movie is fine too, though, but Ohana has to do something epic for that to matter.

No second season plz, at least not for now.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 12:41   Link #1224
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Possible new series in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Since we don't know what it is yet (it might even be something not animated) I'd say no new thread for now. Please discuss this news in the generic thread.

If and whenever a proper announcement will be made, we'll act accordingly (i.e. opening a thread if it's a new series etc.).
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...2012-confirmed[
Old 2011-10-10, 12:43   Link #1225
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I like how they basically confirmed nothing about said 'new series'. It could be a TV series, an OVA, a movie, or even live-action!

It's like saying, "I think I might give you something you might like later."
Old 2011-10-10, 15:41   Link #1226
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I like how they basically confirmed nothing about said 'new series'. It could be a TV series, an OVA, a movie, or even live-action!

It's like saying, "I think I might give you something you might like later."
Welcome to standard introductory announcements. There's many times when you'll hear "(series) is getting a show" and no details.

The timing works out well for a new anime (either series or OVA) since P.A. Works will be working on Another until then. That's likely why they couldn't tell any details. They've just committed to doing something and will plan the details throughout the next 6 months. Now that they've got some sales, they can be assured that it was a decent success for all involved with BD/CDs and plan something to continue the line. That's also not mentioning the 5,000 people at the Bonbori Festival this weekend and plans to have another one next year.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:07   Link #1227
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

As long as it's good, I wouldn't mind festing it up one more time.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 12:35   Link #1228
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The hot spring town the series was set in created its own "Bonbori Matsuri" and got 4000 fans to show up for events:

The Yuwaku hot spring area is near Kanazawa, an easy day-trip south of Tokyo. Here's the Kanazawa tourism page for the location, in English. And here is the Japanese page listing a number of hot springs, most of which are in Yuwaku.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 13:14   Link #1229
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

@Kaoru Chujo

Didn't watch the entire video you posted, but I saw one of the tourist with a anime sheet with all the sites and that made my day
Old 2011-10-11, 19:39   Link #1230
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
You know what I want? hanasaku iroha zero!what I mean by that is a prequel around Sui's younger days when she was just starting the inn,because in the end,it's Sui I ended up liking the most.
Old 2011-10-11, 20:42   Link #1231
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I forgot how much I hated the OP after watching the first minute lol.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 18:14   Link #1232
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You know what I want? hanasaku iroha zero!what I mean by that is a prequel around Sui's younger days when she was just starting the inn,because in the end,it's Sui I ended up liking the most.
That WOULD have been more interesting, wouldn't it have been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I forgot how much I hated the OP after watching the first minute lol.
Twas a bit high pitched and grating, eh?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 19:43   Link #1233
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Actually, that would be pretty brilliant if they can pull it off right. Satsuki and Sui bitching it up!

Actually, what am I saying. It'll just give Okada another reason to emasculate males...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 13:36   Link #1234
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
@Kaoru Chujo -- Didn't watch the entire video you posted, but I saw one of the tourist with a anime sheet with all the sites and that made my day
Here is a page about the "sacred places" with a lot of photos and caps to compare real with anime.

Here are more pictures from the Bonbori Matsuri. And here is the flyer/poster from the matsuri.

And here is a general site with links to pages finding the real places shown in many anime.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 21:40   Link #1235
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Random news of the day
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 00:39   Link #1236
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I knew something like that'd be the case.
Old 2012-09-03, 14:28   Link #1237
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
At comiket 82, there was an article advertising the currently airing Tari Tari and the in-production Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home movie. From that, we have a small conversation between the main characters.

Translation:
"It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm Wakana Sakai from Shirahamasaka High School in Kanagawa. I'm in my third year."

"Good afternoon! I'm Ohana Matsumae, a second year at Korin High School in Kanazawa!"

"Ohana-chan, you live and work in your grandmother's inn, correct? You must be a show girl for it."

"I wouldn't put it like that... Anyways, I heard you live in a souvenir shop too, Wakana-san."

"I do, but I'm not sure I help out much. I've been studying music for a while, so my father usually is the one who runs the store."

"That's such a waste! I'm sure there's a lot of people who tour Enoshima. If a beautiful girl like you were tending the store, I'm sure your store would be talked about by all the tourists! Oh! Would you like to try working at Kissuisou?"

"Hmm, I wouldn't be able to entertain the customers properly. I'd probably be a bother to everyone. Ohana-san, are you planning to inherit your inn or is there something else you're planning to do?"

"Right now, I'm not sure what I'll do in the future. I know for certain that I'll have to study more for whatever I do. How about you, Wakana-san? Are you preparing for your entrance exams?"

"Yes, but my courses have changed a lot. You know how it feels when your body and soul aren't in synch?"

"Oh! I know exactly how that feels! When your surroundings change, you don't feel like you're the same person anymore. You feel so helpless that you just try to get by. But thanks to that, I feel a new path has been opened for me! You have to be flexible so that you can handle the jumbling!"

"Ah, you're right. I have a feeling life would be more fun that way. Thanks for this! It'd be nice if we could meet again!"

"Wakana-san! If you get the opportunity to take a graduation trip, come visit Yunosagi Onsen! You'll get perfect customer service from us!"

Old 2012-09-03, 15:23   Link #1238
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was...suprisingly dull.

Thanks for the translation.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 20:27   Link #1239
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

The second Bonbori Festival had an attendance of around 7,000 people yesterday. This is an increase of 2,000 from last year!

Old 2012-12-02, 13:37   Link #1240
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
A big thanks to ultimatemegax who translated the HSI BD notebooks that's full of staff interviews

Just from memory some things that stood out to me:

-This was in preproduction a darn long time since talks about it started after True Tears ended (so canaan and angel beats got made in the meantime),in fact Kishida Mel was contacted to offer original chara designs for HSI before he was contacted for Sora no Woto but Sora no Woto ended up airing a year earlier than HSI,also at the time it was named "Bonbori Inn" and involved Geishas.

-In the very first concept the protagonist was a woman just starting her working life but producers asked for a younger protagonist.

-Ohana's hair came up a lot Kishida wanted it to be long and wavy but the animation staff were having nightmares about animating that hair so they asked for short hair (also believing it suited Ohana's personality better) but Kishida insisted on it at least being wavy,even if if it was short,it still gave the animation staff a hard time at first but they got used to it.

-For reference for the bondage scene in ep 3 they really tied a guy up , i'll quote the animation director from that episode,she said: "The young male workers at PA works examined the ins and outs of tortoise shell bondage.It was like they were playing around.The women got exited as they watched the guys.I was working on something else at the time so I didn't get a chance to see them."What?You were doing something that fun and you didn't even try to tell me about it?" (laughs)"

-The original plan was for the 2nd OP to have a fall theme (after the first OP had a spring theme) so they asked nano.ripe for a downbeat song but the song nano.ripe delivered wasn't downbeat enough so they switched to a summer theme for the 2nd OP and decided to have the 2nd ED have a fall theme.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, p.a. works, pa works, romance, slice of life