AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-05, 17:58   Link #1081
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Wow. Someone has cracked the code for the Ente-Islan language:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/seiyufan/archives/6495458.html

As it turns out, Ente-Islan is basically English, but with the order of most non-vowels shuffled up.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
           ↓
AZYXEWVTISRLPNOMQKJHUGFDCB

So,
Human→Tupan
Majesty→Pasejhc
World→Foklx (How do I read that again?)
Let us go→Leh uj vo

What→Ftah (I tested with this one from ep5, where Emeralda and Albert were like 'wtf' at the sight of Maou's home.)

...etc.
not bad, I actually enjoy listening to it whenever they speak Entish.

If the cast has no problem speaking this clearly when its just rearranged english alphabet, why do they have such an accent with real english.
Old 2013-05-05, 18:13   Link #1082
Seitsuki
Onee!

It only 'sounds' clear because you've never heard it before and so assume they're pronouncing everything perfectly. If it were an actual language, I'm pretty sure the inaccuracies would be more obvious.
Old 2013-05-05, 18:25   Link #1083
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I love this anime and what people can create

Old 2013-05-05, 20:51   Link #1084
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Wow. Someone has cracked the code for the Ente-Islan language:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/seiyufan/archives/6495458.html
Saw this earlier. That's really cool when you think about it. It also explains why Ohsaka and Yuki Ono were able to freely speak the language on the radio episode I listened to.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 22:38   Link #1085
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

One of the coolest episode so far seen. What makes the action so exciting is that they threw in some of Maou and Ashiya's best one liners, complaining about making expenses for free in the midst of a dangerous situation.

Chiho witnessed for herself the true nature of her acquaintances but that did not deter her to continue looking for a relationship with Maou.

Now, my thanks to the people out there that corrected me about Lucifers' reasons as to why he wanted to kill Maou and Emi so badly; a word of advice is never trust the Church. They're more devilish and schemer and already threw Ente Isla in chaos after all much blood, sweat, and tears that Emi and her friends had to shed in order to banish Maou.

The good news is that Maou doesn't want to go anytime soon back to Ente Isla but keep working on MgRonalds in order to earn his hard-earned promotion. However, he still hasn't develop tact to be thoughtful with girls' feelings, particularly those of Chiho.
Spoiler:

Looking at the new OP, both Albert and Emerada are going to be recurrent characters making appearances from time to time, though Lucifer as well given that he was only pounded by his Lord.

Ehh? Did I hear Emerada saying that the human Maou is a stud?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 02:57   Link #1086
teja208
Critical fanboy

Not sure if anybody notice the resemblence, but I find it funny how the situation in Hataraku Maou is the complete reverse of Kyou Kara Maou.

In some ways, characters personalities are also similar.

Sadao = Yuuri(the main obviously, not as evil as what outsiders believe him to be, and there is also their "other" form)
Emi = Wolfram (tsundere, short temper) + Gwendal (notable for their not so happy expressions)
Ashiya = Conrart (undying loyalty and maybe more than a servant) + Gunter (overprotective wife/mother)

Not sure where Chiho fits into this though.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 04:02   Link #1087
kuromitsu

Ooh, the language thing is pretty cool. Though if it's true it means that "Satan" should be transliterated as "Jahan" or Ente Isla as "Enhe Ijla"... (Which is actually pretty interesting, I bet someone with more affinity for linguistics than I could construct a pretty cool-sounding language out of this.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
not bad, I actually enjoy listening to it whenever they speak Entish.

If the cast has no problem speaking this clearly when its just rearranged english alphabet, why do they have such an accent with real english.
Actually, if you listen you can tell they can't speak this very "fluently" either, it doesn't sound very natural (though some of the seiyuu are a lot better at it than others). I guess it's partly because of lack of practice, and partly because the phonology is so different from Japanese (which is why they have an accent when speaking English as well - and why English speakers have a strong accent speaking Japanese for that matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Not sure if anybody notice the resemblence, but I find it funny how the situation in Hataraku Maou is the complete reverse of Kyou Kara Maou.

Not sure where Chiho fits into this though.
Wasn't there some Earthling boy later on? One with glasses? (I don't remember, the show got boring pretty fast, and Gwendal didn't have enough screentime.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 06:53   Link #1088
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Ooh, the language thing is pretty cool. Though if it's true it means that "Satan" should be transliterated as "Jahan" or Ente Isla as "Enhe Ijla"... (Which is actually pretty interesting, I bet someone with more affinity for linguistics than I could construct a pretty cool-sounding language out of this.)
I don't think proper nouns and names are transliterated. You still hear them say "Emilia" and "Maou Satan" in that language.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 08:27   Link #1089
XFire
150% done

I'd like to bring up a point about Maou's offer to erase Chiho's memories. In reality, this is a very good thing. What he was doing wasn't pushing her out of the way, he was offering her a chance to go back to her normal life. And she wouldn't remember being used as a living power battery to try and kill the guy she has a crush on.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:33   Link #1090
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'd like to bring up a point about Maou's offer to erase Chiho's memories. In reality, this is a very good thing. What he was doing wasn't pushing her out of the way, he was offering her a chance to go back to her normal life. And she wouldn't remember being used as a living power battery to try and kill the guy she has a crush on.
Huh? Emi never used Chiho to recharge her magic and kill Maou.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:34   Link #1091
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yes, but Lucifel did.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:45   Link #1092
XFire
150% done

Quote:
.................................................. ...........I meant Lucifer. The guy who was carrying her around firing lasers at them? Who dropped her off a bridge after blowwing a hole in Maou's chest?
Old 2013-05-06, 11:17   Link #1093
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Wasn't there some Earthling boy later on? One with glasses? (I don't remember, the show got boring pretty fast, and Gwendal didn't have enough screentime.)
Comparing Chiho to the glass-boy? No offence, but you obviously haven't watched that series long enough, not that I’m trying to encourage you to watch though as I respect your taste in anime.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 11:18   Link #1094
Shadow5YA

Quote:
.................................................. ...........I meant Lucifer. The guy who was carrying her around firing lasers at them? Who dropped her off a bridge after blowwing a hole in Maou's chest?
Chiho was unconscious when Lucifer took hold of her. I still don't see your point because she doesn't know she was used to kill Maou, only that a crazy guy with magic attempted to kill them all.
Old 2013-05-06, 13:12   Link #1095
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Chiho was unconscious when Lucifer took hold of her. I still don't see your point because she doesn't know she was used to kill Maou, only that a crazy guy with magic attempted to kill them all.
He said to your face "I will feed on your despair and anger and turn them into reality." Then tried to kill everyone. Not that hard to connect the dots.

It doesn't really matter anyway. My point was Maou was trying to help her when he offered to erase her memories.
Old 2013-05-06, 18:45   Link #1096
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I wonder if we will see the other 2 generals
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 19:09   Link #1097
Shadow5YA

Quote:
He said to your face "I will feed on your despair and anger and turn them into reality." Then tried to kill everyone. Not that hard to connect the dots.

It doesn't really matter anyway. My point was Maou was trying to help her when he offered to erase her memories.
How would Chiho connect the dots when she doesn't know how magic works to begin with?

I know why Maou suggested to erase her memories, but I don't agree that Chiho would have felt any guilt over the matter.
Old 2013-05-06, 20:36   Link #1098
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Some interesting I read. These were based on comments from the author's twitter, while he was watching the episode (I filtered out everything that might be future novel spoilers):

Spoilers
Spoiler for author's twitter comments
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 22:36   Link #1099
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Some interesting I read. These were based on comments from the author's twitter, while he was watching the episode (I filtered out everything that might be future novel spoilers):

Spoilers
Spoiler for author's twitter comments
Thanks for that! I wasn't sure if I should follow the author when I found his twitter before but now I do!
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:15   Link #1100
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Maoyu
Images
Maomao
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work