Old 2006-07-23, 05:38   Link #21
monster

Because they have the same goal.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 05:55   Link #22
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Final plus was pretty forced, if you ask me. Shinn suddenly turning sides is so lame =.= I think Either they nerf the entire kira+athrun+shinn group or they just start a new series. If shinn fought he would pretty much be a ownage character.
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 06:02   Link #23
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
Is there a reason Shinn agreed to fight with Kira? What happend?
Basically the scene goes like this. Athrun, Meyrin, Shinn and Lunamaria are at the memorial stone in Orb after the peace treaty is signed and Shinn says as much as he hates Orb, he can't stand to see it all torn up (there is still a lot of damage from the war). Then Kira and Lacus show up and Athrun introduces Kira to Shinn, and also mentions that Kira is the Freedom's pilot. Shinn is kind of shocked, and then Kira says "If the flowers are destroyed, we can always plant them again" which is a throwback to what Shinn said to Kira in episode 7. Then Kira asks Shinn if he would like to fight with them from now on, then Shinn starts to cry and says yes.

I'd recommend watching it for yourself. It's a good scene and one of the ending's saving graces.

Again, it makes sense because Shinn's goal is to keep the world at peace. He does not have another motive that gives him a reason to be an antagonist. He could decline the offer and say he doesn't want to fight, but Shinn still wants to protect people so that they don't have to go through what he's gone through. He sort of had this motive when he was in ZAFT, but he kept backing it up by saying in order to achieve that goal he had to kill Logos and anyone standing in his way.

I don't get why people think the ending was bad for Shinn. Until that point he was manipulated until he couldn't walk without Gilbert's help and shown to be nothing more than a angry, headstrong child who couldn't think for himself when it counted. Maturity would do wonders for his character, and by finally deciding something for himself, he's on the right path. If Shinn's character were to stay unchanged at the end of Destiny, then he would have been better off being killed.
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 06:04   Link #24
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Personally, I think Shinn would be in the Orb Military. Protecting Orb may become his first priority since Shinn would always care about Protecting something. He never really liked the idea of burning Orb down. People focus on Shinn's anger on Kira/Athrun so much... that they elude the fact that Shinn never wanted to do those things against Athrun, or Kira because it was all Gil's orders. Shinn basically was just too loyal and emotional. Believe me Shinn would be able to at least become "whole" the next time around.

All in all, Gil's plan, though sweet at the ears was far too idealistic than Kira or Lacus' ideology. You can't simply stop what makes us Human. You can't end conflict because people will always think about their differences. We cannot prevent people to think against others and cause conflict anyway, Our different opinions in this forum is a proof of a neverending struggle that we can't prevent.

Shinn would probably support Kira's call because he doesn't want to anyone to suffer .
Old 2006-07-23, 06:20   Link #25
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Shinn should just die, along with the rest of the cast. (Still waiting for the Ideon ending)
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 06:23   Link #26
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

^another Alternate Ending.... Shinn....becomes....a member of the Data Thought Entity....
Old 2006-07-23, 06:32   Link #27
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
^another Alternate Ending.... Shinn....becomes....a member of the Data Thought Entity....
So he can be hard gay for Kyon and be pissed at the bitches (+ Itsuki) that come close to Kyon? Hmmmm....
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 06:51   Link #28
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Shinn would most likely be forgotten like Sai, if theres ever a 3rd series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 06:54   Link #29
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Shining, let's give the whole Zechs thing a rest for a moment, ok hehe v.v...
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 07:21   Link #30
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:

In all honestly, I think Athrun, Kira and Shinn against a handful of new elite enemy pilots would be awesome to see as long as the battle animation isn't recycled to hell and back again

Oh god, please no. I dont want any more overpowered IMBA MS of pure pwnage. Considering that Kira and Athrun owned the whole ZAFT without ruining the paintjob of their MS i dont even want to imadgine what they would have to come up with that would stand a chance against Athrun+Kira+Shinn

About Kira being on their team.... I think Shinn will most likely be teamed up with Athrun while Kira will fly somewhat solo. Even if Shinn has forgiven Kira somewhat i wouldnt count on peace if you keep those two together for a prolonged time.

Either that, or start with a new crew - Athrun, Meyrin, Shinn, Luna settle down and build a big house in wich they all live in ( Justice and Destiny in the basement near the wine bottles ofc ) and just stay out of things way and live their lives, Cagali gives up on governing ORB at wich she sucks till no bitter end and goes up to live in PLANTs and keep Lacus company. Kira should just die from forgetting to breathe because Lacus left him for a few hours and he seems unable to think on his own at all when shes not around.

And there you have it - everyones more or less out of the picture and no need to bring Turn-A with Charr as its pilot to CE to have someone whose capable of beating Kira+Athrun+Shinn combo
Old 2006-07-23, 07:24   Link #31
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

I have my doubts bout shinn being with Kira. Shinn isnt a peace lover, damnit. He hates ORB to death. I dont see why he would be remorseful or whatever. For someone of his character, i dont see him softening just because Kira says a dumb sentence, I would see him becoming that kind of *totally* evil character coz ZAFT got owned.
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 07:28   Link #32
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
BTW, did Legend blow up with the rest of the Messiah, etc? Or is it still repairable like Destiny?

Also, Shinn, Athrun and Kira teaming up will surely be too strong. They also have Mwu + Akatsuki as well, so that's a pretty awesome foursome, then if Shinn joins them, Luna probably will as well, so that makes a 5th with Impulse as well.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 07:58   Link #33
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It depends on the time-frame and how the setting of GS3 works for me.

In one way, I would make Shinn a young retired soldier, retiring after he realises something he should had in GSD, that is that he is no better than whoever he was killing and the people who caused his family's death. I would make it that he killed Todaka's son or something, who became a terrorist to avenge his father's death when he found out it's the same boy that his father saved who ended up killing him. Then, soon he would return to the battlefield, simply because fighting is the only thing he does best, and realising that choosing to not be in war is just escaping his past, because he is needed in the battlefield, and rather than saying it's better not to be a soldier at all, killing people's sons, fathers, etc, he should pave his own path and accept that he cannot erase the past and can only work towards a better future if he is capable of it even if he has to kill for it. Shinn learned that the road of bloodshed is an ironic one, where people like him can only find his true worth on the battlefield by protecting those precious to him that needs him, but at the same time wishing that Shinn's talents were never needed to be exploited in the first place.

Another is Obi-wan's idea. He pretty much said everything I wanted to say.

Shinn, Kira and Athrun teaming up are never too strong. Equally powerful characters can be created in a whim, which was what happened in almost every single anime/medium that involves fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex
I have my doubts bout shinn being with Kira. Shinn isnt a peace lover, damnit. He hates ORB to death. I dont see why he would be remorseful or whatever. For someone of his character, i dont see him softening just because Kira says a dumb sentence, I would see him becoming that kind of *totally* evil character coz ZAFT got owned.
This is just my own opinion, but I don't think you understand Shinn's character as well as you think. Same to everyone who thinks he should've shoved Kira away in F.Phase Plus. You make Shinn sound like he hunger for battle or something. I believe that he never truly hates ORB as he claimed, and Athrun's words pretty much indicate that he doesn't. He needed something to vent out his grief, anger and weakness towards in his own weakness and he chose ORB and EA. I believe that he understood that there are some things in war that cannot be avoided, and his family's death is one of them. Immature as he is, he is a soldier. In the same situation, Kira might've cried himself to death for failing to protect them, as Kira almost always chooses to blame himself rather than the enemy putting himself in more pain, while Shinn chose the easier path by blaming someone else to ease his pain.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2006-07-23 at 08:40.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 09:06   Link #34
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
In the same situation, Kira might've cried himself to death for failing to protect them, as Kira almost always chooses to blame himself rather than the enemy putting himself in more pain, while Shinn chose the easier path by blaming someone else to ease his pain.

Actually both ways are easier. Blame yourself or blame others.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 09:34   Link #35
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
a jester? a clown? a whinny? a lolicon sister complex? Still can t decide wich would suit him the best.

Kill the whole GS +GSD cast in the first 12 episode except some secondary one like mirrilla & co, the main cast is already too powerfull to face anykind of challenge...

best thing would be no more CE gundam they screwed it, UC has been overused already alternative like wing (suck) or turnA could be ok but it would need to create a new univers with its timeline etc etc and that s too much work when they are only trying to sell commercials and modelkits.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 09:59   Link #36
krazimonkey

I wouldnt mind seeing Shinn in another GS series :P
but then if they were all on the same side..they would own all the enemies..which is really fun to watch =/
Unless somehow Shinn gets pissed and leaves them and joins the enemy..
krazimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 11:40   Link #37
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
Shinn should become a MS pilot teacher, and GS3 should be set 5 years afterwards. Kira and Lacus's wedding will take place in the near future, as well as Athrun and Cagalli's. Though, I dunno if Cagalli will get back together with Athrun.

If there is a GS3, i want Kira and Lacus to get out of that hobo cabin in the middle of nowhere.

Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
yellowkaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 12:02   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's a big, beachfront house near Orb's capital. Hardly "hobo". Premium real estate!

(It also isn't theirs, it's Marco's orphanage. Ah, well.)

Anyway, you may get your wish, since it's hinted, at the end of GSD, that Lacus comes back to Plant, probably to be a high official (councilwoman? chairwoman?).

Also, attractive as the banana peel thing is... More seriously, I think Shinn should take a break and do some soul searching. Maybe enter a monastery for a bit. Or just watch the ocean for a few years. It worked for Kira. That's probably why Athrun was so messed up. Too much time watching Cagalli, not enough time watching the Pacific.

After that... who knows? Go back to Zaft and be a grunt once again. Hopefully this time he'll have the clarity of mind to tell people to shove it when they ask him to participate in genocide.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 14:46   Link #39
cloudedge

Nightengale and Obi-wan has pretty much said everything that I thought...
Personally I think Shinn should fight for Orb, since just as Nightengale as suggested, Orb was a scapgoat when Shinn didn't know how else to handle his grief... it would a nice way to show that he had somehow dealt with his pain and loss and move on... But this doesn't necessary mean that it would end up with Kira, Athrun and Shinn all in the same team

You could have Kira retired... and Athrun return to PLANT/ZAFT while Shinn stay in Orb. If AsuCaga were really to break up, then I don't see why Athrun has to stay in Orb Military, since Lacus is already working with Plant/ZAFT so both army are working for the same goal, and Athrun had shown in GSD that the country that he truly care is PLANT not Orb.

I also think Kira would serve a better mentor for Shinn than Athrun... Athrun clearly couldn't get to Shinn all through GSD... while Kira's word somehow (by Fukuda power or not) seem to be able to reach Shinn more. (Kira also seems to have more patient with Shinn than Athrun).

The orphange might be a good place to spend some time in for Shinn since he is also an orphant. Maybe he'll find Mayu's reincarnation there

I don't think he need to necessary bury the cellphone, it is the only piece of property he has from his family... although I think he should probably just leave it on the night-table and stop listening to it night and day...

About Marco's orphange... just how did he suddenly get so rich to switch from a hut in an deserted small island to a beachfront mansion in Orb's capital, with a panic room large enough to house a GUNDAM? I always thought that that mansion was Kira's/Caridad's/present from Cagalli >.>;
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 15:23   Link #40
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

i Dont agree that Kira could ever be Shinns mentor - Athrun allready has that spot. Shinn did hesitate to attack Athrun several times on battlefiel while listening to his rumbling, and i think Athrun is the only one whose opinions are respected by Shinn a little ( Rey aside - hes dead )

Shinn and Kira has nothing in comon, and they are completely different. And lets not forget the hate Shinn has for Kira - he might have forgiven him for the time being, but its nothing that can be forgotten so easilly. War or not, directly or not, Kira killed Shinns family and Stellar. And that is not something Shinn can get over with hearing 2 sentences from Kira. ( unless he gets influenced by Lacus dust )

Athrun will end up in PLANT - thats where his loyality lies, not ORB. And i think Shinn wont be staying in ORB either - too much memories ( and not the best ones ).

The 3 probably would end up fighting together, since they would follow 1 leader - Lacus.