Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-24, 09:21   Link #1
aesthetic
Violinist/Pianist

Blade and Soul

a game by NCSoft.

well it's this cool game (not out yet) where you get to do..cool ninja skills or brutal grappling moves..

it is set in ancient chinese (or japanese) times i think..

3 Races:

Jin - the human ninja dudes.
Spoiler for spoiler..:

Gon - the brute wrestler looking dudes.
Spoiler for spoiler..:

Unknown Fox looking race - although no confirmation about this third race yet..they look like fox-people..with fox ears and fox tail..they run on 4 limbs which make them run faster i think..

check out this site..
http://bns.plaync.co.kr/

sadly the game ain't out yet..

makes you feel like playing tekken 6 with a cross of ninja gaiden..

here are screen shots of the game..

well have fun.. a bit of an eye candy, huh?

i'll try to learn more about this game..

feel free to post more info..
thanks..

Last edited by ElvenPath; 2010-12-30 at 22:12. Reason: Added thumbnails.
aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 17:33   Link #2
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I think TERA is going to be next big thing, which like this game will be based of the Unreal3 engine. It's basically Lineage III(LineageI&II being NCsofts flagship games). NCsoft fired the main guy from Lineage2's development, because of lack leadership and the 120 man crew quit with him to join bluehole studio to make TERA. I doubt NCsoft has the talent to make this in to something, but we'll see we might be surprised. Just wondering if my current gaming rig can handle this(likewise with Tera). o___O
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 17:45   Link #3
aesthetic
Violinist/Pianist

ohhh.. so that's what happened.. well i look forward for this game and also for Tera..got links for it?
Old 2009-03-10, 07:44   Link #4
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Well.

http://mmoriot.com/ has the most info on it(Just scroll down to Tera.)

There's also the offical site; http://tera.hangame.com/

Most interesting might be this which shows a miniboss battle. Keep in mind this game has no target system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2r9G...e=channel_page
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 11:01   Link #5
Sciel
Etoilé

It looks really pretty .
Most korean games fit into that category however lack a lot in the gameplay department and end up being endless monster killing grindfests . Hopefully this one along with Aion will be different.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 19:34   Link #6
aesthetic
Violinist/Pianist

yeah it looks pretty :P
i can't wait to pk with cool ninja moves! :P
Old 2010-12-29, 18:57   Link #7
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

seems like no one has posted here for awhile... It's my most anticipated MMO ever. Here's some tasty videos.

And here's the best one! Actual gameplay demonstration:

I find this very interesting, Instead of Vindictus using a 2 button combo system, this game uses a combo system with hot keys. I could make use of all my PC-XBox controller with this game XD.

The auto targeting is a nice touch imo. Its kinda like Vindictus' auto target system.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 19:33   Link #8
Xion Valkyrie

I don't think it's apt to compare it to Vindictus, which is pretty much an action game. This is just a flashier, more streamlined version of Aion or Wow, where the commands are context sensitive, so you don't have to manage 4-5 command bars at the same time. It looks like it still plays like a standard hotkey spam MMO with cooldowns.

QiGong Jump looks AWESOME though.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 20:03   Link #9
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wouldn't say it's along the same vein has point and click mmo's cause there's no clicking involved. And you can dodge,parry and block attacks as well.
Old 2010-12-29, 21:55   Link #10
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I am psyched about this game, even though I have no idea when it plans to be released for the US.
Old 2010-12-29, 22:14   Link #11
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I wouldn't say it's along the same vein has point and click mmo's cause there's no clicking involved. And you can dodge,parry and block attacks as well.
You don't need to play AION or WoW as a point and lick, you can use wasd and strafe, but that still doesn't make them action games. There's also dodge/parry/block skills in those games too, but since they're on a cooldown, you can't use them to mitigate all damage.

In Vindictus, damage can be 100% mitigated by player skill alone. You have your dodges/blocks/teleports available at all times, and through positioning, prediction, and reflexes you can beat enemies and mobs without getting hit once.

In Blade and Soul, all those skills still look like they're on cooldowns, and there doesn't seem to be the advanced hit boxes you'd expect from action games. You still just sit down in front of the enemy and just press your attack skills.
Old 2010-12-29, 22:25   Link #12
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You don't need to play AION or WoW as a point and lick, you can use wasd and strafe, but that still doesn't make them action games. There's also dodge/parry/block skills in those games too, but since they're on a cooldown, you can't use them to mitigate all damage.

In Vindictus, damage can be 100% mitigated by player skill alone. You have your dodges/blocks/teleports available at all times, and through positioning, prediction, and reflexes you can beat enemies and mobs without getting hit once.

In Blade and Soul, all those skills still look like they're on cooldowns, and there doesn't seem to be the advanced hit boxes you'd expect from action games. You still just sit down in front of the enemy and just press your attack skills.
The video is just demonstrating skills and how it works, just watching the trailers you can tell that you don't just stand there like a retard exchanging blows. In BS you can also block and dodge attacks. Games like WoW uses stats and buffs to increase the stats that causes the block, dodge and parry. Also if u couldn't tell, even if are "locked on" you're technically not locked on. It works like Vindictus like just facing a different enemy long enough will alter the targeting. On top of which you can use enemies bodies to do damage to other enemies as well.

The cool down in this game is like 1/2 a second, it doesn't mean much if anything. In Vindictus skills are performed by combing with regular attacks, like Ivy Sweep is Normal > Normal > Normal > Smash > Smash > Smash. It's extremely simplistic. While in BS is attack > skill1 > skill 2 > and so forth. it's more of a timing mechanism where like vindictus you can only perform certain skills if you combo it correctly. Either way, neither game allows you to spam skills.

And yes, games like WoW can be played mostly with keyboard, but with as many skill bars as there is, you need a mouse to play efficiently. While BS is completely mouse free with the exception of navigation of menus.
Old 2010-12-29, 22:43   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm was looking forward to this but now I'm not so sure, not cause it looks crap or whatever, just I don't really have the time for it.
Plus depending how close it's release is to Guild Wars 2 the only other game I'm looking forward to more than this I might not bother.

Guild Wars 2 takes priority over every and any other game on my list.

Still I'm sure my friend will convince me to play it as he was the one that got me interested in it in the first place.
Old 2010-12-29, 23:51   Link #14
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

No pressure Bonta, everyone got their games to look forward to. Personally, this and Dragon Nest are my most anticipated. I'm playing Vindictus right now and I believe I can casually play Vin and DN casually while dedicate myself to B&S.
Old 2010-12-30, 00:07   Link #15
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
The video is just demonstrating skills and how it works, just watching the trailers you can tell that you don't just stand there like a retard exchanging blows. In BS you can also block and dodge attacks. Games like WoW uses stats and buffs to increase the stats that causes the block, dodge and parry. Also if u couldn't tell, even if are "locked on" you're technically not locked on. It works like Vindictus like just facing a different enemy long enough will alter the targeting. On top of which you can use enemies bodies to do damage to other enemies as well.

Regarding the block/dodge parry skills, from the one video I've seen, they act more like the Aion ones where you essentially put up a buff that lasts around 3-5 seconds, and it'd dodge/block/parry the next 1-2 attacks or spells. This is completely different from the dodge/block abilities you have in Vindictus and other action games.

B&S looks like it's still using the traditional distance to target method of determining whether or not skills hit. In fact, the video itself talks about how different skills are available depending on your distance to the target. In Vindictus and most other action games, you can do all your moves whenever, you want, and it's the actual hit box properties that determine whether or not you hit your target.

Edit: BTW, if you're using auto targeting in Vindictus, you need need to turn it off. I think it's under advanced settings in the always attack in the direction of the camera. Uncheck that and it should allow for manual aiming of all your attacks.

Quote:

The cool down in this game is like 1/2 a second, it doesn't mean much if anything. In Vindictus skills are performed by combing with regular attacks, like Ivy Sweep is Normal > Normal > Normal > Smash > Smash > Smash. It's extremely simplistic. While in BS is attack > skill1 > skill 2 > and so forth. it's more of a timing mechanism where like vindictus you can only perform certain skills if you combo it correctly. Either way, neither game allows you to spam skills.
Aion had combo chains too (The Assassin class especially), in fact, the combo chains in B&S are basically the Aion chains. It's still plays very differently from an action game.

Quote:

And yes, games like WoW can be played mostly with keyboard, but with as many skill bars as there is, you need a mouse to play efficiently. While BS is completely mouse free with the exception of navigation of menus.
The mouse is needed in action games to control the direction of your attacks. Notice in the B&S videos you pretty much auto lock on and if you're within range, your attacks always hit, so that's why a mouse isn't needed. In Vindictus and other action games, your attacks can whiff if the hit boxes don't intersect or if your direction is wrong.

Basically, Vindictus plays like God of War, whereas B&S has some more action elements, but is still far more similar to Aion or WoW, at least from the combat videos I've seen. I mean, it's pretty apparent when you look at the basic combat videos for Tera, where they really showcase the action game elements.

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2010-12-30 at 00:44.
Old 2010-12-30, 13:23   Link #16
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
This game looks really beautiful. Kinda reminds me of Magna Carta video game, is the character designer the same? Not really interested in MMO but this game looks too sweet to pass it. Should put it on my wanted list, now, how about that localization...
Old 2010-12-30, 14:39   Link #17
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
No pressure Bonta, everyone got their games to look forward to. Personally, this and Dragon Nest are my most anticipated. I'm playing Vindictus right now and I believe I can casually play Vin and DN casually while dedicate myself to B&S.
Oh I totally forgot about Dragon Nest, I had only found out about that rather recently when I saw a manga based on it.
So I went dig up some info on it and found I liked the look of it very much.
Was pleasantly surprised that it would be getting a english release as well.
Actually looking forward to DN more than BS
Old 2010-12-30, 21:19   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Regarding the block/dodge parry skills, from the one video I've seen, they act more like the Aion ones where you essentially put up a buff that lasts around 3-5 seconds, and it'd dodge/block/parry the next 1-2 attacks or spells. This is completely different from the dodge/block abilities you have in Vindictus and other action games.

B&S looks like it's still using the traditional distance to target method of determining whether or not skills hit. In fact, the video itself talks about how different skills are available depending on your distance to the target. In Vindictus and most other action games, you can do all your moves whenever, you want, and it's the actual hit box properties that determine whether or not you hit your target.

Edit: BTW, if you're using auto targeting in Vindictus, you need need to turn it off. I think it's under advanced settings in the always attack in the direction of the camera. Uncheck that and it should allow for manual aiming of all your attacks.

Aion had combo chains too (The Assassin class especially), in fact, the combo chains in B&S are basically the Aion chains. It's still plays very differently from an action game.

The mouse is needed in action games to control the direction of your attacks. Notice in the B&S videos you pretty much auto lock on and if you're within range, your attacks always hit, so that's why a mouse isn't needed. In Vindictus and other action games, your attacks can whiff if the hit boxes don't intersect or if your direction is wrong.

Basically, Vindictus plays like God of War, whereas B&S has some more action elements, but is still far more similar to Aion or WoW, at least from the combat videos I've seen. I mean, it's pretty apparent when you look at the basic combat videos for Tera, where they really showcase the action game elements.
I like the auto target, it works great for Fiona and Evie.

Well anyway, I get what you're saying but for now, I'll play the waiting game and see some actual hands on impressions before making any final conclusions as to how the controls will be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
This game looks really beautiful. Kinda reminds me of Magna Carta video game, is the character designer the same? Not really interested in MMO but this game looks too sweet to pass it. Should put it on my wanted list, now, how about that localization...
Yes, it's done by the same artist. NCSoft is really great about localization so all you gotta do is wait for release dates. It's also coming out on the PS3 if that's your cup of tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh I totally forgot about Dragon Nest, I had only found out about that rather recently when I saw a manga based on it.
So I went dig up some info on it and found I liked the look of it very much.
Was pleasantly surprised that it would be getting a english release as well.
Actually looking forward to DN more than BS
Yeah, I've been waiting on Dragon Nest for ages... It came out in Korea like 2 years ago. But because Vindictus just came out, Nexon doesn't want to release Dragon Nest just yet to compete with it's own title. Since the game is pretty much the same vein of gameplay style.
Old 2011-12-18, 06:55   Link #19
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Some CBT footage

Old 2011-12-19, 08:16   Link #20
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Waiting for this, C9, GW2 and Tera.

Spoiler for ARGH WHY AM I NOT KOREAN T_________T: