AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-30, 08:46   Link #1521
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Oh good. I didn't want her to get knocked out of the tournament yet.
Old 2011-11-30, 10:24   Link #1522
Justin_Brett

Not only does Vivid show people getting punched, it also shows small children getting punched, by nuns no less.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 11:10   Link #1523
malekith

vivio better win srry but after all the half-assed fights shes had and my opinions of miura it would be an insult if vivio lost tbh.

luckely everything points to her winning atleast this fight.
would be kinda pointless tournament if the main charecter lost the first fight that had any meaning and would have to sit on the side lines the next atleast 20 or so chapters

add up that with the exception of 1 fight miura only won due to points while vivio won hers all due to k.o's and we havent even seen 1 new move or a victory with actual meaning yet
that werent no-named filler charecters and 1 draw it wouldnt make sence to have her lose yet

for once the predictableness of this series is actually slightly calming aslong as tsuzuki doesnt pull another signum on us my new year wont be ruined.

P.S shes a student of the wolkenritter and uses a freaking mid-style magic circle says enough.
malekith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 11:30   Link #1524
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Oh don't worry, the worfenritter curse will have it's effect on Miura, they can't win against important characters xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 13:17   Link #1525
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Fortunately such curse only exists in Aki's mind.

Vivio's title character powers are what will prevail.
Old 2011-11-30, 15:32   Link #1526
Justin_Brett

Or it could come down to, uh, personal skill?
Old 2011-11-30, 15:33   Link #1527
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

In a perfect world. Too bad we don't live in a perfect world.
Old 2011-11-30, 15:37   Link #1528
Justin_Brett

Not in this forum.
Old 2011-11-30, 15:49   Link #1529
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Not with this manga. If personal skill decided things, Nanoha would have never beaten Fate, Einhart would have never beaten Nove, Vivio would have never tied with Einhart, and Miura wouldn't have beaten Micaiah.

In this case at least both girls are on the same general level, but we know Vivio will win since she's the main character and Muira isn't important enough.
Old 2011-11-30, 15:50   Link #1530
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Or it could come down to, uh, personal skill?
Actually that's not that unplausible. Miura is a good fighter but seems to rely more on brawns and instinct than actual ability. Vivio on the other hand is a skilled and creative strategist(courtesy of living with the White Devil i guess) who cashes more on play with her strenghts and weaknesses in order to find the way to victory. So i think at first it will look like Miura's going to win only for Vivio to surprise her with a quick.thinked strategy that will allow her to:

a) Making Miura waste her best move in vain and deliver the finishing counter attack or...

b) Somehow tricking Miura into defeating herself.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-30, 15:53   Link #1531
Justin_Brett

That first one doesn't really work, what with Fate's exhaustion and Nanoha's training system.
Old 2011-11-30, 15:54   Link #1532
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Erio beating Fate, then.
Old 2011-11-30, 15:56   Link #1533
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Or the Wolkenritter not curbstomping Nanoha and Fate in A's...
Old 2011-11-30, 15:59   Link #1534
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

They did do that. Vita nearly killed Nanoha, remember?
Old 2011-11-30, 16:00   Link #1535
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And then failed to beat them in every other match-up since. Fate was only defeated on account of interference.
Old 2011-11-30, 16:09   Link #1536
Justin_Brett

Fate had a power limiter on and trained Erio herself. And he only hit her one time, he didn't beat her completely.
Old 2011-11-30, 16:11   Link #1537
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
They did do that. Vita nearly killed Nanoha, remember?
I think Rising-kun was trying to be ironic xDU.

Well, there's no need to get deeper into the Wolkenritter's case, they won their first battles due to a combination of superior skill and equipement, and the "skill" part holds true because they still seemed to have an upper hand in battle even after Nanoha and Fate catch up to them in technology(arguably they even surpassed them, RH and Bardiche at that moment becomes devices with all the strenghts of Intelligent AND armed devices).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And then failed to beat them in every other match-up since. Fate was only defeated on account of interference.
Nanoha and Fate are equally unable to straight up beat the wolkies up during the rest of the season. Considering Signum can take an Excellion Buster-level attack to the face and keep fighting i'm pretty sure she will be perfectly capable of surviving the clash against Fate's Thunder Smasher and, as Sound Stages confirm, she is.

ViVid is a mixed bag in respect of this. Some battles have ridiculous results but some others are depicted more or less in a plausible manner. Miura is a skilled fighter but is also pretty naive which is a double-edged sword, Micaiah more likely lost to her because she understimated the girl and got surprised with such a humongous attack(kind of reminds me about how Fate got surprised that little Nanoha can pull off such a monstruous spell on her), if Signum MK. II taked Miura seriously all the encounter she probably could have won ash she showed to be able to continuously deal damage to Miura without much effort. When you manage to see Shante VS: Victoria fight you also will have a similar feeling, shante took Victoria by surprise with her unpredictable and agile fightstyle, but just after receiving her first smacking the Thunder Emperor immediately stopped being confident, put herself togheter and coldly tested Shante's abilites and when she finally catched the trick she crushed her in one move.

Victoria quickly ascended to be my favourite of the veterans, because in spite of her looks and usual behavior she's a true sportswoman who knows when to showing off and when to being serious and deliver some good ass-kicking. Probably Micaiah's defeat served as a call of attention to her to not take the newcomers lightly.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-30, 16:24   Link #1538
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I ask only two questions.

First I ask, "when have fights in Nanoha ever not been predictable and reliant on plot devices and main character = victory?"

Then I ask "when has that ever managed to ruin our enjoyment of watching magical girls beating the crap out of eachother?"

Yes, the fights in Vivid are predictable. But as we noted before, predictable does not make a story bad. If the fight between Vivio and Miura is nicely drawn, well storyboarded and just a cool fight to read, really who cares how predictable it is?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 16:26   Link #1539
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

As long as Miura manage to reach Corona's level of "Awesome Looser" i will be satisfied xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-30, 16:27   Link #1540
Justin_Brett

I dunno, just makes me kinda irritated when you go all ho-hum about it. Can't really say why.

Tags
vivid