AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 15:32   Link #4061
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster222 View Post
Can someone make me a cookie monster signature please!!!!
i had to quote on the sheer awesomeness of it's randomness.
On another note Where the hell is schneizel in those spoilers.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 15:34   Link #4062
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Hum? Rain away, because I'm curious as to what you have to say.
Well, okay then. Note, I am not really disproving your pairing.

Quote:
You don't think a kiss is viable, or that what I said about her lusting it was viable? If its the latter then I will have to whole-heartedly disagree because her hesitation and quivering lips spoke otherwise. She wants his kiss, she loves him, but that was not the right moment. Which, really, makes her love for him all the more real because she wants the real Lelouch, not some broken down rag doll.
I have to disagree here. I didn't really see it the way you described. I think it was more of shock that he wanted to kiss her right there than hesitation and wanting him to. When she regained her composure to slap him it kinda died out. She cried, but that was because he wanted to use her kiss as nothing more than comfort because of his hardships (and probably because he was about to use Refrain, which she doesn't have a great history with anyway.)

I also don't think you can jump to conclusions with her truly loving him yet. There is really NOT enough information to go on for that claim yet. She may have feelings for him, but that doesn't necessarily mean love. Since that is the only real case of anything so far, you may have to wait a few more episodes to be sure.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 15:35   Link #4063
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
in ep 7 the kiss was a part of his (anti)heroic-BSOD
it didnt have any real emotional meaning on his part which is why she rejected it
sherly kissed him after her dad died and since he didnt really "love" her he didnt stop her
kallen stopped him in ep 7 becouse she knew he wasnt himself (she wouldnt let him kiss her or kiss him herself becouse she did have real feelings for him,if it wasnt real then it was pointless)
if after their talk its made in earnest then she might except it
or she might initiate it if he tells her something that makes her want to take their relationship to the next level
we know she loves him (even if she isnt sure of it)
if he gives her real reason to belive that he loves her back then why not

and she might have been crying in ep 7 from watching the how the mighty have fallen
Old 2008-08-08, 15:40   Link #4064
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post

I have to disagree here. I didn't really see it the way you described. I think it was more of shock that he wanted to kiss her right there than hesitation and wanting him to. When she regained her composure to slap him it kinda died out. She cried, but that was because he wanted to use her kiss as nothing more than comfort because of his hardships (and probably because he was about to use Refrain, which she doesn't have a great history with anyway.)

I also don't think you can jump to conclusions with her truly loving him yet. There is really NOT enough information to go on for that claim yet. She may have feelings for him, but that doesn't necessarily mean love. Since that is the only real case of anything so far, you may have to wait a few more episodes to be sure.
Kallen's feelings have to be pretty strong to accuse him of using geass to bend her heart to his will. What that means is that Lelouch was basically in her mind non-stop during the year of their separation.

Spoiler for Episode 18:
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 15:43   Link #4065
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Kallen's feelings have to be pretty strong to accuse him of using geass to bend her heart to his will. What that means is that Lelouch was basically in her mind non-stop during the year of their separation.

Spoiler for Episode 18:

if sayoko tells her something else during the rescue (leluoch-sama told me to get you to safety , he was quite insistent that you saftey be made the highest priority)
it might clue her in that its a lie
Old 2008-08-08, 15:45   Link #4066
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
if sayoko tells her something else during the rescue (leluoch-sama told me to get you to safety , he was quite insistent that you saftey be made the highest priority)
it might clue her in that its a lie
The way I read things were that it's a lie. Not necessarily a lie that Kallen picks up on. Just an untruth that will hurt her feelings. Lelouch could say a hurtful lie to drive her away, Kallen assumes it's the truth and prepares to leave him.
Old 2008-08-08, 15:46   Link #4067
Var
Banned

Quote:
I'm not really typing this pairing-sensitivity in mind, just following the general symbolism and flow. There is bias, obviously, but if I wanted to argue about pairings, it be in another thread.

Quote:
There was a shock factor, which was in her eyes and her face, which I will agree with, but people do not generally hesitate with something as personal as what Lelouch wanted from her unless they themselves have some desire for it. People hesitate when they either doubt something, or want it. In this case, I'd say she wanted it. I'll further this by how she snapped herself from it, she said/thought 'No' in a way that sounded like she was forcing herself to stop it.

She cried because she was hurt by it, by being tempted, and by Lelouch's pitiful state. If she were just repulsed because he simply wanted to use her, she'd never have looked back after running away.

Quote:
Then no one except Nunally can be said to truly love Lelouch, but, humor me. When you're a captive and the first thing that comes to your mind is 'Lelouch' on several occasions and in varying points of severity, you have to start to wonder. Maybe she doesn't know if she loves him, maybe she has a crush but I doubt that because S1 served to crush her... crush. This season was her discovering and understanding Lelouch, so just a crush really went out the window. The other person that bothered to try and understand Lelouch was Shirley after her crush, just like Kallen's was... crushed, but she was unfortunately killed because of her desire to understand and help Lelouch.

But fine, we won't call it 'love', we'll just say she really, really likes Lelouch to the point that she becomes jealous of small things, worries about him, and thinks of him rather often.

Quote:

Spoiler for Episode 18:
That'd be a rather pathetic and one-dimensional lie, not to mention rather anti-climactic. If he's going to lie to her, its going to be about more than that... probably.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 15:51   Link #4068
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:

Lelouch did try and ask her to join him back at Ashford once it's all over, but, in the Code Geass style, they were interrupted before Lelouch could say anything.
Kallen was very upset in Lelouch's attempt to kiss her the way he did. She stormed off and it is shown that Lelouch was about to case after her, if Rolo hadn't shown up. I still remember that short clip showing Kallen looking behind her. She seemed even more upset that he wasn't chasing after her.

While in prison Kallen has put up with quite a bit of abuse. Even though she was about to be injected with Refrain she wasn't going to betray Lelouch. In her conversations with Nunnally it was Kallen who brought up Lelouch. She wanted to know more about him.

it would be so disappointing if there is so much development between these characters and nothing come of it.
Old 2008-08-08, 15:54   Link #4069
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
There was a shock factor, which was in her eyes and her face, which I will agree with, but people do not generally hesitate with something as personal as what Lelouch wanted from her unless they themselves have some desire for it. People hesitate when they either doubt something, or want it. In this case, I'd say she wanted it. I'll further this by how she snapped herself from it, she said/thought 'No' in a way that sounded like she was forcing herself to stop it.
Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.
Quote:
She cried because she was hurt by it, by being tempted, and by Lelouch's pitiful state. If she were just repulsed because he simply wanted to use her, she'd never have looked back after running away.
Oh I agree here that she was hurt by it. Not repulsed.

Quote:
Then no one except Nunally can be said to truly love Lelouch, but, humor me. When you're a captive and the first thing that comes to your mind is 'Lelouch' on several occasions and in varying points of severity, you have to start to wonder. Maybe she doesn't know if she loves him, maybe she has a crush but I doubt that because S1 served to crush her... crush. This season was her discovering and understanding Lelouch, so just a crush really went out the window. The other person that bothered to try and understand Lelouch was Shirley after her crush, just like Kallen's was... crushed, but she was unfortunately killed because of her desire to understand and help Lelouch.

But fine, we won't call it 'love', we'll just say she really, really likes Lelouch to the point that she becomes jealous of small things, worries about him, and thinks of him rather often.
Well, you got me there.... But still, I don't know if their is enough information yet. I have always played the card of wait for more info for pairings after all.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 16:00   Link #4070
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
it would be so disappointing if there is so much development between these characters and nothing come of it.
Well, it's one-sided development though...isn't it? Kallen has had the many scenes involving Lelouch. It hasn't been mutual.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-08, 16:16   Link #4071
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Well, it's one-sided development though...isn't it? Kallen has had the many scenes involving Lelouch. It hasn't been mutual.

Spoiler:
I wouldn't be so sure that it's entirely one sided. Lelouch was shocked when Kallen was captured in battle. He took risky actions to get her back and surprised everyone, even C.C., when he called out to her before communications were cut off.
As soon as the battle was coming to the end he asked right away where Kallen was. When he heard Suzaku took her he swore to get her back. One of the main reasons he had returned to Japan was about Kallen, but he was sidetracked with the dates Sayako made and then Shirley's death.

Even if you watch the extended preview of for the next episode, despite his rage over betrayal and worry about Nunnally, he's also thinking about saving Kallen. Preview
Normally Lelouch's mind is mostly focused on Nunnally. Now Kallen has found her way in.
Old 2008-08-08, 16:18   Link #4072
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

and once nunnaly is gone
he only has kallen left (we dont know what would happen to C.C yet)
Old 2008-08-08, 16:23   Link #4073
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Spoiler:
But that might also be why he might try to push her away by using the whatever lie he'll use, you know... After 19, he might think that everything is lost and lie to Kallen so that she'll go back to the OotBk and her friends there so that she won't be placed in danger for being close to him or be considered a traitor by her comrades or the like, so...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 16:33   Link #4074
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
But that might also be why he might try to push her away by using the whatever lie he'll use, you know... After 19, he might think that everything is lost and lie to Kallen so that she'll go back to the OotBk and her friends there so that she won't be placed in danger for being close to him or be considered a traitor by her comrades or the like, so...
Either way. Whatever happens in that meeting and whatever Lelouch says to her. The Black Knights have the best chance for Japan since they are the army backs by the UFN. Lelouch is all on his own, with a few followers. For Kallen to choose Lelouch over the Black Knights she would be selecting Lelouch over Japan.

That's quite a choice to make. I REALLY want to know what he has to say.
Old 2008-08-08, 16:34   Link #4075
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Either way. Whatever happens in that meeting and whatever Lelouch says to her. The Black Knights have the best chance for japan since they are the army backs by the UFN. Lelouch is all on his own, with a few followers. For Kallen to choose Lelouch over the Black Knights she would be selecting Lelouch over Japan.

That's quite a choice to make. I REALLY want to know what he has to say.
This will indeed be interesting. I wonder what he will say.
Old 2008-08-08, 16:36   Link #4076
Eliarine

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure that it's entirely one sided. Lelouch was shocked when Kallen was captured in battle. He took risky actions to get her back and surprised everyone, even C.C., when he called out to her before communications were cut off.
As soon as the battle was coming to the end he asked right away where Kallen was. When he heard Suzaku took her he swore to get her back. One of the main reasons he had returned to Japan was about Kallen, but he was sidetracked with the dates Sayako made and then Shirley's death.

Even if you watch the extended preview of for the next episode, despite his rage over betrayal and worry about Nunnally, he's also thinking about saving Kallen. Preview
Normally Lelouch's mind is mostly focused on Nunnally. Now Kallen has found her way in.
But I wouldn't be so sure that it's not entirely one-sided either. Lelouch might see Kallen as a close friend or a confident for all we know. Or a friendly powerful-mecha-pilot confident. There hasn't been any romantic development on his part so far, all we have is fan speculation: "It could be that", "I think he", "this scene could be seen as", etc. Kallen loves Lelouch, but that's all we know. If their reunion includes a love confession or - worse - a kiss, initiated by Lelouch, I will facepalm so hard it will hurt for days.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 16:38   Link #4077
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
But I wouldn't be so sure that it's not entirely one-sided either. Lelouch might see Kallen as a close friend or a confident for all we know. Or a friendly powerful-mecha-pilot confident. There hasn't been any romantic development on his part so far, all we have is fan speculation: "It could be that", "I think he", "this scene could be seen as", etc. Kallen loves Lelouch, but that's all we know. If their reunion includes a love confession or - worse - a kiss, initiated by Lelouch, I will facepalm so hard it will hurt for days.
i on the other hand will have brain die out of sheer awesomeness.
But in all reality i would be shocked if it's lelouch confessing. I still think it will be Kallen doing that part.
Old 2008-08-08, 16:39   Link #4078
Stretch5920

Quote:
Any girl Lelouch confesses too or kisses on his own will be forced. He is too hard gay for Suzaku and too siscon for Nunnally. He's most likely going to be single in the end.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 16:42   Link #4079
TheDisruptiveOne

A confession to Lelouch from anybody would go in one ear and out the other.

I agree that I don't see what Lelouch could say to convince Kallen to choose him over Ougi, Todou, and the other black knights. I hope she agrees to follow him because he convinces her that it's worth it. If she follows him only because she has feelings for him...then I will be the one doing the huge facepalm. :arg
Old 2008-08-08, 16:45   Link #4080
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Lelouch might see Kallen as a close friend or a confident for all we know. Or a friendly powerful-mecha-pilot confident.
As far as Kallen go, I think he sees her as a friend at the very least, because of him asking her if she wanted to come back to Ashford with him plus him wanting to save her. Though of course, a confidant can be a friend as well .
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote