AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-10-17, 06:15   Link #341
Sciel
Etoilé

Started playing 00 Meisters today .

I've finished Setsuna and Alle's routes . There are 10 missions for each characters . Takes roughly an hour or so for each route.From what i've seen , the game is relatively light on story and some events are changed (Kyrios limbs are blasted off by Soma now instead of Alvatore) .

Gameplay is fairly simplistic
Square is Atk . You'll shoot when you are far and slash when near .
Triangle is Guard . You'll project some GN field (wtf is exia's shield for , he doesn't even block with it.
X is boost
R1 is lockon
R2 is to break your lock on the enemy
R3 is to change targets .
x + square = charge attack . Once you use it , you're boost gauge will be empty and you cannot boost or block for a while

Kill grunts and you'll fill up your "0 gauge" , when its full . You press 0 to activate some sort of special mode/thingy . In here you'll have to move the analog stick according to the arrows on the screen , doing so will allow you to rack up "chains" . For every 10 chains you get some of a different and of course more powerful attack . There are up to 5 different attack you can use .

The game is quite easy . The early grunts all die in 1-2 hits from your saber while the GN-X's in the later missions take 3-4 hits .
Missions basically consist of :
1) kill x amount of grunts
2) kill x amount of grunts , kill boss
3) kill x amount of grunts , stay alive till time limit is up (pathetically easy)
4) kill x amount of grunts , protect ptolemy (also stupidly easy) .
5) kill x amount of grunts within time limit ( also stupidly easy)

Bosses are more challenging than grunts but can also be killed fairly easily.
1) Go near boss , spam charge attack . Profit !
2) If you face 2 bosses , blast one to death . Then just spam charge attack on the second one.

PS : The lock-on system in this game annoys me like hell .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 06:21   Link #342
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Started playing 00 Meisters today .

I've finished Setsuna and Alle's routes . There are 10 missions for each characters . Takes roughly an hour or so for each route.From what i've seen , the game is relatively light on story and some events are changed (Kyrios limbs are blasted off by Soma now instead of Alvatore) .

Gameplay is fairly simplistic
Square is Atk . You'll shoot when you are far and slash when near .
Triangle is Guard . You'll project some GN field (wtf is exia's shield for , he doesn't even block with it.
X is boost
R1 is lockon
R2 is to break your lock on the enemy
R3 is to change targets .
x + square = charge attack . Once you use it , you're boost gauge will be empty and you cannot boost or block for a while

Kill grunts and you'll fill up your "0 gauge" , when its full . You press 0 to activate some sort of special mode/thingy . In here you'll have to move the analog stick according to the arrows on the screen , doing so will allow you to rack up "chains" . For every 10 chains you get some of a different and of course more powerful attack . There are up to 5 different attack you can use .

The game is quite easy . The early grunts all die in 1-2 hits from your saber while the GN-X's in the later missions take 3-4 hits .
Missions basically consist of :
1) kill x amount of grunts
2) kill x amount of grunts , kill boss
3) kill x amount of grunts , stay alive till time limit is up (pathetically easy)
4) kill x amount of grunts , protect ptolemy (also stupidly easy) .
5) kill x amount of grunts within time limit ( also stupidly easy)

Bosses are more challenging than grunts but can also be killed fairly easily.
1) Go near boss , spam charge attack . Profit !
2) If you face 2 bosses , blast one to death . Then just spam charge attack on the second one.

PS : The lock-on system in this game annoys me like hell .
Does the game have cooperative for its mission,I would love to play mission mode with my friend.It there unlockable MS?
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 06:25   Link #343
Sciel
Etoilé

I'm not exactly sure if it has co-op for missions but i assume it doesn't since when picking my character it doesnt give any option for second player .
There are unlockable ms . I've just viewed vs mode and there are a ton of "locked" symbols there . I've got 00 Gundam though , probably got it when i finished Setsuna's route.
Old 2008-10-17, 06:30   Link #344
RAVNEN

Hopefully there will be gundam Astraea in it,man can't wait to pilot Overflag.
Old 2008-10-17, 07:23   Link #345
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The gameplay is not that good, but I think the special attacks are very nice
Old 2008-10-17, 08:59   Link #346
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The gameplay is not that good, but I think the special attacks are very nice
Actually, from the videos, I think that the gameplay is quite interesting. Or rather, I think that it's pretty unique, as it requires good reflexes and response on the player's part.

Gah, too bad my DVD drive ain't working, or...
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 09:27   Link #347
xytrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Hopefully there will be gundam Astraea in it,man can't wait to pilot Overflag.
No sidestories involved in the game.
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 09:52   Link #348
Knight_SV

maybe after second season finished it's airing, they will create new gundam 00 game that involve entire story including sidestories just like SEED:Owaranai asu e.
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 10:45   Link #349
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
maybe after second season finished it's airing, they will create new gundam 00 game that involve entire story including sidestories just like SEED:Owaranai asu e.
Yeah,it would be great.
Old 2008-10-17, 10:47   Link #350
Sciel
Etoilé

On Tieria's route now . The Exia and Virtue vs Thrones battle is much cooler than in the anime . Much more moves are used.
Old 2008-10-17, 15:59   Link #351
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
Actually, from the videos, I think that the gameplay is quite interesting. Or rather, I think that it's pretty unique, as it requires good reflexes and response on the player's part.

Gah, too bad my DVD drive ain't working, or...
Eh, like you can determine whether a game is fun or not by watching videos

The game was fun at first but after a couple of missions you'll find out that they are just the same thing over and over again. Your objective is to blast the enemies, nothing else. ACE and ZOE did a much better job in this aspect by providing different mission objectives.
Old 2008-10-17, 17:22   Link #352
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
Does anyone know when "Gundam: Mobile Ops One War" is supposed to come to the United States on the Xbox 360?

I thought it was supposed to come out in October?
Meaningful Bump
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 03:23   Link #353
plau

Does anyone know I can find a walkthough for SD Gundam G Generation Cross Drive?
plau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 09:51   Link #354
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by plau View Post
Does anyone know I can find a walkthough for SD Gundam G Generation Cross Drive?
None in English, it looks like - or at least, not one that is on GameFAQS. If you read Japanese or want to try the on-line translators, there is a JP version that you can try?

Topic change: Revision 2.10 for the "Gundam Card Builder" arcade game will be released on October 21st with the new cards becoming available on the next day. It should still be set in the 0083 ("Clash of Rivals" expansion) timeline as the GP series mobile suits (GP01-Fb, GP03 Dendrobium, and GP02-A - Atomic Bazooka) are being re-released with new artwork. I'm more interested in the Christina Mackenzie character card, though, since Haruhiko Mikimoto-sensei (of the "L'Ecole du Ciel" manga) is illustrating it.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 04:51   Link #355
hikari no tsubasa
この俺が... 駆逐する!

Just got the PS2 gundam 00 game a few days ago. Cool game, but i think the gameplay was a bit of a let-down... too much of button mashing imo... and while pressing the direction buttons in the 00 mode, those 'ue! shita! migi! ore wa gundam da! ...etc sounds gets really annoying after a while (esp alle's voice)... but it's a nice game anyhow.

on that note, has anyone managed to unlock the thrones yet? so far i've finished setsuna and alle's stories, and only unlocked 00 gundam, soma, papa bear, howard mason, ali, the golden GM, and patrick. would appreciate it if someone can enlighten me about how to get all the unlockable ms there seems to be very limited amount of info on the web...
hikari no tsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 04:59   Link #356
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari no tsubasa View Post
Just got the PS2 gundam 00 game a few days ago. Cool game, but i think the gameplay was a bit of a let-down... too much of button mashing imo... and while pressing the direction buttons in the 00 mode, those 'ue! shita! migi! ore wa gundam da! ...etc sounds gets really annoying after a while (esp alle's voice)... but it's a nice game anyhow.

on that note, has anyone managed to unlock the thrones yet? so far i've finished setsuna and alle's stories, and only unlocked 00 gundam, soma, papa bear, howard mason, ali, the golden GM, and patrick. would appreciate it if someone can enlighten me about how to get all the unlockable ms there seems to be very limited amount of info on the web...
Just finish the mission mode for all 4 miesters and you'll unlock all the MS. I don't remember which meister unlocks which character/MS.

The game play really is disappointing. Every mission feels more or less the same in term of objective and all you do is mash the square button. I hoped this game would be something like ACE but it doesn't even come close to it.
Old 2008-10-20, 05:12   Link #357
vxa_victor

I have finished the game by completing all four meisters' routes. It seems we only need to finish the game to unlock all the MS because I have unlocked all!

Anyway, I haven't unlock the locked game mode in the Meister Mode. I saw on the net and the locked mode should be Time Attack while the 4th column in the Meister Mode is the Time Attack Ranking.

One more thing, besides 00 Gundam can be unlocked in the game after finishing Setsuna's route + anyone of other meisters' route, I also unlocked Ahead which it's pilot is the masked Graham!!!

Bad news for this game is no co-operative mode in this game and the Versus Mode is like piece of shit! Sure Gundam Seed Destiny Zaft vs. Union is much much better than it!!!!!

Looking forward for a new and better Gundam 00 Season 2 game with improvements......
Hope it will be released in ps2 instead of ps3......
vxa_victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 05:20   Link #358
Raven Revolution
The Dark Knight

Spoiler for spoiler:
Raven Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 05:21   Link #359
vxa_victor

By the way, we can watch a short video after finishing all 4 meisters' routes!

There's a scene where Tieria is standing in front of Neil's grave (Lockon Stratos on season 1) and Lockon (should be Lyle in season 2) stand behind a tree and look at Tieria from far...i feel suspicious...
Old 2008-10-20, 05:39   Link #360
vxa_victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Revolution View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
hey friend, can u tell me how to unlock the Time Attack Mode???