AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 56 Rating
Perfect 10 28 50.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 41.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 3.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-09, 20:55   Link #21
GaimeGuy

you mean Greedling
Old 2010-05-09, 21:11   Link #22
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode LVI: The Return of the Führer President

Only seven episodes left for the grand finale, and, unfortunately, Central began the counterattack once King Bradley himself entered the battlefield, thus turning the tide of the battle.

Spoiler for Hohenheim vs Father:

Spoiler for Return of the King:

What I keep praise for are to the animators and writers for setting up another, wonderful cliffhanger which makes me crave far more what's going to happen next week.
Old 2010-05-09, 21:36   Link #23
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
struggling? Just because Ling was able to parry some of his attacks doesn't mean bradley was struggling against him. :P
More like Ling was barely able to escape with his life.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-05-09, 22:01   Link #24
GaimeGuy

exactly.

And yes, he had lan fan on his shoulders, but this is a guy who could lift the dead weight of gluttony.
Old 2010-05-09, 22:42   Link #25
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

He took down a goddamn tank ALONE, that's /so/ GAR.

Anyway I'm so happy the old man is back, now I only need more Lan Fan and I'm happy <3
Old 2010-05-09, 23:07   Link #26
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

This is simply an amazing run for this series thus far and there are still 7 episodes to go. I must say, I'm glad I picked up Brotherhood because this is going to be quite a classic once everything is said and done. I'm waiting for Wrath to lose his composure because I can see that coming, it's bound to happen.

All in all, another wonderful episode with even more build-up to what has already been accumulated.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-05-09, 23:13   Link #27
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Including this episode, the last 3 episodes have been less than impressive in comparison to the ones before hand.

I don't know what it is exactly, but the greed vs Wrath fight was just boring. Wrath's abilities bordered on unbelievable considering I don't think a sword can hack, slash, and stab through tanks like that...

But whatever. It was still "good." Gave it a 7/10. The best part of the episode was Hohenheim vs Father.

There wasn't a single scene with the elric brothers in this entire episode!
Old 2010-05-09, 23:22   Link #28
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't know what it is exactly, but the greed vs Wrath fight was just boring. Wrath's abilities bordered on unbelievable considering I don't think a sword can hack, slash, and stab through tanks like that...
It was the Fuhrer's sword, though. One would assume they would make it out of the absolutely best material known to man or "Father", especially when that's his primary and preferred form of attack.

Besides, it didn't attack the tank directly, just the shells. Otherwise he merely dropped a grenade inside or stabbed through openings.
Old 2010-05-09, 23:47   Link #29
GaimeGuy

yeah, bradley's sword is probably the sharpest thing around (or close to it)
Old 2010-05-10, 00:17   Link #30
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, Bradley's sword has the 'power of plot' imbued in it, but it can be easily explained by claiming that it's made of the hardest substance in the world.

We all know he's physically capable of, so the fighting skills he displays in this episode are pretty much in par with what we already know. It still boggles the mind that Ling is the only pure human who is able to (at least) last in a sword fight with him, which undoubtedly is no small feat. With regard to the sword, Olivier is no match for those two, though I do wonder where this places Izumi—despite the difference of their fighting methods. Thanks to Greed, the chances of Ling winning against Wrath has gone up considerably, but the jury is still out it seems.

Anyway, what a cool run this series has going so far. Sometimes, I think to myself that I should maybe take a break and wait until it's all over so I can just marathon the last episodes. These cliffhangers are beginning to kill me!
Old 2010-05-10, 01:27   Link #31
ChronoReverse

It's not like he cut through the tank or anything. He severed the chains holding the treads together though but being able to cut iron chain isn't at the level of impossible.
Old 2010-05-10, 01:36   Link #32
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Hey guys... Last I checked, Ed could turn concrete into a spear with a slap of his palms together (one of which is apparently powered by metal, wires, and sheer will), his little brother was walking around possessing a suit of armor, and their dad was made up of the souls of half a million dead people. Then you've got the guy who can control fire with a snap of his fingers, the guy who can turn your brain to a fine mist because of a tattoo, and the guy who punches rocks into artillery shells. Cutting through the tracks on a moving tank is kinda minor when you think about it...

You gotta suspend your disbelief a bit here, people. If not for me, do it for the catgirls...
Old 2010-05-10, 02:22   Link #33
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You gotta suspend your disbelief a bit here, people. If not for me, do it for the catgirls...
Agreed.

But you know, if I had to... I wouldn't be suspending my disbelief for the catgirls.

Not my type.
Old 2010-05-10, 04:20   Link #34
klare

i like the phrase of "Return of the King" he is truely an excellent warrior

all our usual heros of Ed, Al, Mustang, the Armstrongs are all missing and yet the eps is still so good
Old 2010-05-10, 06:29   Link #35
Ziziphus
Whatever

Another "Ed-less" episode? And I thought Bones had a quota to fill.

Haven't got to watch the episode properly yet, but still it looks awesome.

Fu was given such a flashy entrance, no less than Ran Fan's some episodes ago, I think. But poor Bucky...
Old 2010-05-10, 06:44   Link #36
Yosei
Death by writing

Wonderful episode. After watching this (and confirming my love for the Xing and Briggs characters), I'm convinced that a human-homunculus union is far more dangerous than any single Homunculus being. The Greed power couldn't stand up to Wrath (demonstrated by Greed 1.0 and Greed 2's attempt to kill Bradley alone), but only after Ling cooperated with it

Envy, Gluttony, Lust, and Sloth really don't have many high showings. I don't think the pure homunculi (except for Pride, 'course) would stand a chance against Wrath or Greedling (by the time Ling and Greed can switch personalities freely). .

Just for fun, discounting plot elements (and the most recent manga chapters) I would say the tier list (of surviving fighters) goes something like:

1. Xerxes level: Homunculus/Father and Hohenheim

1.5. Pride

2. Human/Homunculus unity level: Pride, Bradley, Greedling

3. Master Alchemist/Deconstruction level: Roy, Sensei, Scar

3.5. Our two heroes + Yao clan? Edward, Al, Fu, Ran Fan

4. Armstrong Family/Briggs: Alex, Olivia, Buccaneer

5. Sniper: Hawkeye

6. May Chang (still a very high level!)

Thoughts on this? I know 5 and 6 sound really low, but considering the power levels of these characters, 5 basically means godlike with a gun. It's just that in FMA, being godlike with a gun like Riza doesn't get you far with the homunculi (or most other major players).

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2010-05-10, 08:08   Link #37
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great episode. I expected more fighting from how the manga readers were reacting from last episode, but it was still awesome. I'd say I can't wait for next week, but that preview leaves little to be desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
yeah, bradley's sword is probably the sharpest thing around (or close to it)
What's that thing made of anyway!? I kept thinking that as he slashed through anything and everything.
Old 2010-05-10, 09:03   Link #38
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

I wonder if the manga'll be released fast enough for the anime to keep up with... it's getting awfully close.
Old 2010-05-10, 09:16   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
I wonder if the manga'll be released fast enough for the anime to keep up with... it's getting awfully close.
It's already been officially announced that the anime will finish the manga story, and that both will end in the same both which is June.
Old 2010-05-10, 09:38   Link #40
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Another "Ed-less" episode? And I thought Bones had a quota to fill.
LOL, well anime watchers only have to wait a week or so without Ed. With the manga schedule it could be a couple months. Even though I love Ed I never minded the lack of him because I like how FMA gives all characters the chance to shine (and I knew it's not like we would never see him again). Of course I was sick of hearing people complain about this every month.