AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 248 & 249
10: Amazing... 57 81.43%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 9 12.86%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 3 4.29%
7 out of 10: Good... 1 1.43%
6 out of 10: Average... 0 0%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-10, 00:49   Link #21
prakash123

wasnt the seal on tobi's back just temporary?
it was used when the 4th used his flying raijin level 2 and then "RASENGAN" and tobi went boooooooom
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 00:57   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Definitely two of the best episodes of the entire series! The animation was pretty solid, the action scenes were great and emotional scenes were perfectly conveyed.

Gotta love the use of seals and barriers in battle. Hopefully Naruto will be able to learn more of these kind of moves as well. He should be able to learn them, since he's an Uzumaki.

I wonder if the seal Minato placed on Tobi's back will come into play in the future. I guess Naruto doesn't know about it though. Kushina couldn't have told him, since she hasn't seen the battle between Minato and Tobi.
It would be too bad if the only move Naruto picks up from Minato was the Rasengan. Would be fun to see that teleportation technique get some more use. Sure, he'll gain quite a bit from his training here, but asking for more never hurt .
Old 2012-02-10, 01:15   Link #23
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

I really liked the two episodes too; I just can't wrap my brain around why Minato killed himself to seal the fox. I mean, it looked like Kushina was going to be a gonner for sure, but like...did Minato really have to bail out like he did?

And if he did have to bail out, why wouldn't he have told the third Hokage about Mr. Madara? If you think about it, he could have prevented THE ENTIRE UCHIHA MASSACRE! Seriously, Minato of the bad-ass yellow flash can't take five seconds to tell the Third Hokage that Madara masked man is coming to destroy Konoha and take over the world? He had the time to whisper sweet nothings to baby Naruto face...:X

I sense plot canyons...
Old 2012-02-10, 04:06   Link #24
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
I really liked the two episodes too; I just can't wrap my brain around why Minato killed himself to seal the fox. I mean, it looked like Kushina was going to be a gonner for sure, but like...did Minato really have to bail out like he did?
Minato didn't want Kushina to kill the kyuubi along with her because it would allow the kyuubi to reappear without a host. But he also didn't want (or couldn't) seal the entire kyuubi chakra with the baby Naruto.

So the only other choice is to seal half of kyuubi's chakra with Minato at the cost of his own life and the other half with Naruto as a host. And as an added bonus, Minato could also seal a part of his own chakra and what's left of Kushina's chakra inside Naruto, thus allowing them to see and help Naruto when he is older.
Quote:
And if he did have to bail out, why wouldn't he have told the third Hokage about Mr. Madara? If you think about it, he could have prevented THE ENTIRE UCHIHA MASSACRE! Seriously, Minato of the bad-ass yellow flash can't take five seconds to tell the Third Hokage that Madara masked man is coming to destroy Konoha and take over the world? He had the time to whisper sweet nothings to baby Naruto face...:X

I sense plot canyons...
Minato probably felt he needed to deal with the immediate threat instead of wasting his time trying to find the Third.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 05:04   Link #25
KyuubiRocks
What?!

What I find werid is the fact that not one of the Uchiha clan were present when the Kyuubi attacked..maybe they were part of the ANBU..could of at least showed
their eyes..Even the young Itachi was woundering where his parents were just before the attack...
Old 2012-02-10, 06:28   Link #26
mrShady

Awesome episode was really waiting for this to be shown... finally we see Minato in true animated glory.
However the plot holes are again prevelant.... if Minato could seperate the Kyuubi chakra into Ying and Yang and seal the Ying part (or whatever part he sealed) couldn't Kushina do the same with the Yang part and forever stop the resurrection of the Kyuubi....
I know that wouldn't make for a good story and wouldn't prevent Tobi/Madara from destroying the world...But it's a lot more logical then the "let's seal a hatred driven monster in our son" idea. Ah well can't nitpick it's great entertainment.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 07:27   Link #27
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
And if he did have to bail out, why wouldn't he have told the third Hokage about Mr. Madara? If you think about it, he could have prevented THE ENTIRE UCHIHA MASSACRE!
Nothing would've change, or at least it would've turned into an actual civil war. They already had their suspicions. If it ended up being proven it was an Uchiha, then it would've just sped up the process. No one is going to believe Madara is still alive. So the next logical step is to think it's another Uchiha, which could have been anyone.

Besides, they didn't massacre them for summoning Kyuubi, they did it because they were planning a coup.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 08:12   Link #28
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
if Minato could seperate the Kyuubi chakra into Ying and Yang and seal the Ying part (or whatever part he sealed) couldn't Kushina do the same with the Yang part and forever stop the resurrection of the Kyuubi.
Evidently not?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 08:51   Link #29
HasuMasu
*Artist

Bad-ass rasengan and space-time barrier.

Also, Minato mentioned something about the 2nd Hokage also having a teleportation jutsu.
Old 2012-02-10, 09:18   Link #30
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Anyone else found it strange that a 14yr old Guy and Kakashi still sound like the way they do as adults?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 10:37   Link #31
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Anyone else found it strange that a 14yr old Guy and Kakashi still sound like the way they do as adults?
I didn't have a problem with that, since they looked like 20-30 years old to me (can't say I care about official timelines and ages), but what about little Itachi?
Old 2012-02-10, 11:26   Link #32
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
However the plot holes are again prevelant.... if Minato could seperate the Kyuubi chakra into Ying and Yang and seal the Ying part (or whatever part he sealed) couldn't Kushina do the same with the Yang part and forever stop the resurrection of the Kyuubi....
I know that wouldn't make for a good story and wouldn't prevent Tobi/Madara from destroying the world...But it's a lot more logical then the "let's seal a hatred driven monster in our son" idea. Ah well can't nitpick it's great entertainment.
it's explained by minato that he wants to preserve the balance of power between villages, therefore the kyuubi has to stay in konoha's possession, even if it is just half of it.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 12:57   Link #33
neshru

I've rewatched episode 248 a few times now and man... this episode really is a masterpiece. Everything about it is pretty much perfect. It's a must-see for sure.
Also, kudos to Hiroyuki Yamashita for being the first artist to do justice to the Kyuubi. I think not even Kishimoto himself is able to draw it so well.
Old 2012-02-10, 14:28   Link #34
TimeMask
Phantom Member

I think episode 248 made a mistake in that Kushina said her mother taught Minato some sealing techniques yet in the manga Kushina said she taught Minato a bunch of sealing techniques:

Spoiler:

It was a good episode, Tobi seems like a more evil villain in it and his eye has less lines around it so he seems to have a human body since he has aged and got more lines around his eye in the current time.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 14:58   Link #35
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
I think episode 248 made a mistake in that Kushina said her mother taught Minato some sealing techniques yet in the manga Kushina said she taught Minato a bunch of sealing techniques
That happened in episode 247, not 248...
But apparently it's the same line in both manga and anime. It was just translated in different ways because it sounds ambiguous in japanese.
Old 2012-02-10, 15:03   Link #36
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
That happened in episode 247, not 248...
But apparently it's the same line in both manga and anime. It was just translated in different ways because it sounds ambiguous in japanese.
Yeah 247, I watched the last 3 episodes in 1 go so I mixed the numbers around.

It's technically a mistake for the English sub since the anime has changed it so Kushina said her mother taught Minato sealing jutsu when in the manga Kushina said she taught Minato sealing jutsu.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-02-10 at 15:30.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 16:23   Link #37
ookamigirl

OMG, these 2 episodes were exactly what was missing all this time!
Finally, some explanation.
Nine tails sure did some heavy damage that time...
Awesome episodes.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 17:57   Link #38
Kallen4life

shit was super epic

Minato = 20% cooler Naruto
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 18:41   Link #39
Xagzan

I was holding off on watching this so I could prepare myself for feelings. And just as expected, these were the most moving scenes I can remember in Naruto for a long time.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 21:27   Link #40
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

10 years in the making....totally worth it.

Tags
weekly episode discussion