AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 19:27   Link #12481
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
I'm not accustomed to introducing myself on Forums so please excuse the somewhat awkward formality.

That being said, I suppose that's a good place to start. My writing tends to be more formal than I would like. I have recently started incorporating contractions and less formal elements so that it doesn't come across quite as stilted, but I'm afraid the effect hasn't changed very much.

I am currently working on my Master's degree in English (specifically Nineteenth Century British Literature). Thus, it should come as no surprise that reading is my favorite pastime. I favor the English and European classics more than anything. Generally speaking I detest American literature for some reason I have yet to figure out. Well written contemporary historical fiction also holds a dear place in my heart. I have yet to tackle any Japanese light novels simply because I'm not sure where to begin.

My tastes regarding anime are constantly fluctuating. I find that recently I have become less tolerant of derivative and overtly trope-laden shows. I adore "grim-dark" and tragic shows. I do not watch shounen or "ecchi" shows simply because I find nothing enjoyable in them. This may be because I am very far removed from the target audience of those genres. Interestingly enough I gravitate more toward seinen than josei despite the fact that I'm a woman. That being said, I am currently following two shows this season: Psycho-Pass and Shin Sekai Yori.

What else, what else . . . I think that's about it. If anyone would like to know anything else please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to meeting everyone

Welcome to the Forums Rosalena. You do sound formal but that can be a good thing.
I love reading too but I don't necessarily have the taste for contemporary historical fiction. I read American Literature but I try to open myself to other options. Like you, I have not read any Japanese Light Novels so I can't help you in that area but there are many others who can help you.

You have a very interesting taste in animes. I hope you find more of what you are looking for.

Nice to meet you Rosalena. I hope you have a good time here at the Forums.
Old 2012-11-20, 08:51   Link #12482
lohenggrin

Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you all.

My Name is Riandi and I'm from Indonesia. I'm a college student of computer engineering. In my spare time, I use to watch Anime, read Manga & Doujin, or occasionally play some Trading Card Games like Weiss Schwarz or MtG. About games, I do play some games like C&C, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dark Soul, etc but since life as college student prevent me to play, i can't play much....and yeah, i do play some VNs/Eroges, of course a translated version/patch since i can't understand much about Japanese. Hope someday i can have time to learn more about hiragana/katagana or even kanji.

For hobby, i love to collect Figurines. PVC, Figma, Nendoroid, SOC, SRC, Robot damashii, Composite Ver. Ka, and many more. Gunplas? I do have some but currently my study prevent me from building more Gunplas

I have known this forum for a year but since my language skill still need improvement, i restrain myself from interacting via posting in forums. Until not long ago i decided to register & take challenge to polish my grammar.

Thus, I'm still inexperienced but i hope we can get along as fellow Otakus. Thx
lohenggrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:20   Link #12483
XeroFyction

Hi

I'm new and hope to get along well with everyone!

I like long walks in the park, dogs, music, PS3, pool and exercising.

No shots at anyone here at all but...

How are the mods on this forum?

I'm too lazy to do anything worth banning or warning. However, I'd just like to know how quick they are with the ban hammer.

*EDIT*

I've lurked these forums for ar least 3 and a half years.

I'm not good at drawn out lengthy conversations on philosophical aesthetics in anime.

Last edited by XeroFyction; 2012-11-20 at 16:24. Reason: Forgot to add a few things..
XeroFyction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:41   Link #12484
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

lol welcome ^^ I think you will be fine.

I'm not one for long drawn out conversations on that subject matter either, I'm more for inserting my opinion giving people kudos on theirs and getting the hell out of there.
Old 2012-11-21, 21:01   Link #12485
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Hello. I was once a lurker here. Now, I shall say hi. :P
Interests: Anime, manga, light novels, gaming, etc.
Favorites: Nanoha, TAMNI, Negima, Nana Mizuki, the "Tales of" series, and more.
Hobbies: Drawing, some fanficton writing, strolling, reading fantasy and sci-fi novels....

Nice to meet you all.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 10:53   Link #12486
willx
Nyaaan~~

Nice to meet all you folks! Hope you enjoy yourselves here! This is generally a very warm and friendly community that caters to nearly any and all proclivities..

Here's a very helpful "general chat" index of threads: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14947

And also, a "Social Thread" in case you want to get to know other forum-goers better: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115308

All signs are positive
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 14:44   Link #12487
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohenggrin View Post
Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you all.

My Name is Riandi and I'm from Indonesia. I'm a college student of computer engineering. In my spare time, I use to watch Anime, read Manga & Doujin, or occasionally play some Trading Card Games like Weiss Schwarz or MtG. About games, I do play some games like C&C, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dark Soul, etc but since life as college student prevent me to play, i can't play much....and yeah, i do play some VNs/Eroges, of course a translated version/patch since i can't understand much about Japanese. Hope someday i can have time to learn more about hiragana/katagana or even kanji.

For hobby, i love to collect Figurines. PVC, Figma, Nendoroid, SOC, SRC, Robot damashii, Composite Ver. Ka, and many more. Gunplas? I do have some but currently my study prevent me from building more Gunplas

I have known this forum for a year but since my language skill still need improvement, i restrain myself from interacting via posting in forums. Until not long ago i decided to register & take challenge to polish my grammar.

Thus, I'm still inexperienced but i hope we can get along as fellow Otakus. Thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroFyction View Post
I'm new and hope to get along well with everyone!

I like long walks in the park, dogs, music, PS3, pool and exercising.

No shots at anyone here at all but...

How are the mods on this forum?

I'm too lazy to do anything worth banning or warning. However, I'd just like to know how quick they are with the ban hammer.

*EDIT*

I've lurked these forums for ar least 3 and a half years.

I'm not good at drawn out lengthy conversations on philosophical aesthetics in anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Hello. I was once a lurker here. Now, I shall say hi. :P
Interests: Anime, manga, light novels, gaming, etc.
Favorites: Nanoha, TAMNI, Negima, Nana Mizuki, the "Tales of" series, and more.
Hobbies: Drawing, some fanficton writing, strolling, reading fantasy and sci-fi novels....

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome to the forums! Have fun and make sure you read the rules!
Old 2012-11-22, 23:07   Link #12488
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hello and Welcome to the new members. Please enjoy your time around Animesuki, and if you have any questions. Please, by all means ask any of the members around or me We're more then happy to help.
Old 2012-11-23, 20:06   Link #12489
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist

Hi, just joined.

My username is inspired from a Christie novel, not the (admittedly great) Touhou BGM.

I've been described as an "Omnivore" when it comes to my taste in Anime, Manga and related media. Some people think I have terrible taste, other's think I have terrific taste. My profile has enough info to suffice for being an introduction if you are curious.
U. N. Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 01:35   Link #12490
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena
That being said, I suppose that's a good place to start. My writing tends to be more formal than I would like. I have recently started incorporating contractions and less formal elements so that it doesn't come across quite as stilted, but I'm afraid the effect hasn't changed very much.
Nah your writing style is fine and makes for a nice read, and even if your writing was stilted you're hot enough that it can be forgiven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen
Hi, just joined.
No you didn't, but welcome anyway mister
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 05:18   Link #12491
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

After years and years of sorrow and lurking, the treads of madness and solitude carried me from west to east, from north to south, from TV Tropes to /AMP/.

But the time has come, I must settle down.
Life is too short to walk the (digital) earth, to lurk in numerous treads but post in none.

Thus has come the time when I shall joint your forum! Rejoice, commoners! Hide in the shadows, Waifu owners! Run, yaoi fingirls! Your greatness has come under the name of the great "Boke!"
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 14:32   Link #12492
Green-ill

Yo guys, new guy on the block (ya dunknoe). Im brand new to anime, just started in July (i know noob much). Anyways im 16 years old, living in London and wish to make new friends who watch anime, cus like im the only one that does amongst my friends XD.
Green-ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 00:22   Link #12493
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
No you didn't, but welcome anyway mister
You are right, terribly sorry, allow me to correct myself.

"Hi, just got around to posting."
U. N. Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 11:22   Link #12494
Kalianah
The Ice Princess

Hiya
I pretty much just got back from a long time of not being on any anime forums for a fair while, though i use to be a member of anime forums for a very long time.
Anyway i decided to join this site because of a certain pervert.

Other than that i figure i should introduce myself im an aussie and just call me kali, if you wanna know anything else just ask
Kalianah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 12:31   Link #12495
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalianah View Post
Hiya
I pretty much just got back from a long time of not being on any anime forums for a fair while, though i use to be a member of anime forums for a very long time.
Anyway i decided to join this site because of a certain pervert.

Other than that i figure i should introduce myself im an aussie and just call me kali, if you wanna know anything else just ask
Ero is justice! We're all brothers and sisters under the reign of our king...? Welcome and have a nice stay.
Old 2012-11-26, 15:00   Link #12496
Violet Rabbit

Hello, I'm new here.

Just to say, if you thought this was a strange name, I was tired of my other ones and the one I was going to use said it was not in use, but didn't work anyway, I used a random username generator.

Um, I'll admit to lurking like some of these other people, I this place has seemed better than others so, I should have tried this first but well, I dunno what I am talking about really, I'll just so hello again or something.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 08:40   Link #12497
Green-ill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
Hello, I'm new here.

Just to say, if you thought this was a strange name, I was tired of my other ones and the one I was going to use said it was not in use, but didn't work anyway, I used a random username generator.

Um, I'll admit to lurking like some of these other people, I this place has seemed better than others so, I should have tried this first but well, I dunno what I am talking about really, I'll just so hello again or something.
Welcome fellow noobie. Nice name, jus the facr violet is purple and is ma favourite colour. So +1 for u
Green-ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 22:21   Link #12498
pucks

Hi... My name is Sam and I like magical girls...and I like magical girls....and I like magical girls.
pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 23:46   Link #12499
vjie

HI...^^
I'm new here...i like to watch anime and do AMV...
vjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 07:39   Link #12500
Violet Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-ill View Post
Welcome fellow noobie. Nice name, jus the facr violet is purple and is ma favourite colour. So +1 for u
Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucks View Post
Hi... My name is Sam and I like magical girls...and I like magical girls....and I like magical girls.
I like magical girls too, I like magical girls too. :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjie View Post
HI...^^
I'm new here...i like to watch anime and do AMV...
And welcome fellows!
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members