Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 03:17   Link #61
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Has there been anything new released to promote the series? Any T.V. Commercials? It's coming out in a week or two, and the new FMA anime has more promotions than it, atm.
Realise that FMA is one of the major productions of next season, their budget allows them to broadcast 3-4 different trailers, also because it will be taking over Gundam 00's timeslot I believe which is as well one of the popular timeslots because it gets many viewers

I did manage to find a subbed version of the trailer, will update the first page

-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 17:10   Link #62
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I've heard some good things about the manga so I think I'll check this anime out. But some of those guys in the trailer kept reminding me of the Knights of Rounds from Code Geass, that'll keep throwing me off...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 19:03   Link #63
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
That fansub just made the trailer even MORE awesome!

Only a few more weeks!!! Best thing is, both this and FMA come out during the first week of Spring Break! :-).
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 21:35   Link #64
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know of a group that'll be subbing this (a good one, that is), or any streaming site that'll be hosting both RAWs and subs?
Old 2009-04-05, 22:21   Link #65
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

Yuurisan-Subs are planning to, I never paid much attention to groups before, so I can't say whether they're any good or not.
Old 2009-04-06, 20:21   Link #66
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

They're the only ones?

They did a failtastic job with D.Gray-man, so I really don't trust them that much when it comes to proper translation....

Murf...hope it'll be up soon...
Old 2009-04-06, 22:44   Link #67
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

There is Atelier Thryst, who I completely forgot about. I haven't seen any of their subs, so I don't know if they're any better. Just finished watching the trailer, there wasn't much there, but their translations seemed decent enough, at the very least they made sense, which is good enough for me.

There is a chance another group will pick it up once DVDs are released, but for now I suppose they'll have to do.

Last edited by Aurelie; 2009-04-06 at 22:54.
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 00:00   Link #68
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Hm....

Maybe Shinsen-Subs will do it....since their DGM subs were excellent.
Old 2009-04-07, 01:03   Link #69
Selidra
Duck

Huh...I don't know what to think of the first episode. It's pretty, but...that's generally it.

Spoiler for Impression bahaha:

Last edited by Selidra; 2009-04-07 at 01:27. Reason: Bah
Selidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 03:11   Link #70
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

lol I didn't know what to think either, I think it was good overall but like you mentioned

Spoiler for music:

I'm surely getting my hands ont eh soundtrack when it comes out
Old 2009-04-07, 13:41   Link #71
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

I love it so far.

The art is gorgeous, the opening music is awesome, and Teito's eyes are just as pretty in the anime as they are in the manga, XD.

I can't wait for Frau next episode*sqwee*!

Shouldn't this topic be in "Current" now?
Old 2009-04-07, 14:23   Link #72
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

because episode 1 has begun releasing its RAWs today there still aren't any subs out, when there are this will probably be moved to the current section

edit: I mean fansub section
the show isn't as mass scaled in popularity as FMA and the other shows listed there
Old 2009-04-07, 16:17   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I like.
Spoiler for ep1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 16:43   Link #74
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

I've been having interests in this show and by the sound of it, it's really good?
I want to read the manga first though.
I don't always trust the anime lol xD

The only thing I saw so far was the trailer.

EDIT: Just read the first chapter and watched the first episode. I have to say I like the anime more when it comes to transition. It felt like the manga just kept skipping scenes outta nowhere & I was lost half the time. Luckily the anime cleared that up plus watching the action was sweet.

I kinda like this series. I'll still continue with the manga though just in case :]

Last edited by Starry Dust; 2009-04-07 at 18:44.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 11:57   Link #75
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I've been reading blog commentaries everywhere on 07-Ghost, and I'm amused by how swiftly people (especially those who aren't familiar with the series) are latching onto the assumption that this series is a BL/shounen-ai, when there's absolutely nothing of the sort in the entire manga series. Those who are accustomed to mundane flat development given to generic harem leads might find themselves surprised, if not unsettled, with the way 07-Ghost dives deep into the relationships shared between the main cast, where the men are, at the very least, more dynamic, and vastly more entertaining. (Just recently, I got into a heated discussion with someone who was insistent on labeling this as shounen-ai, and the biggest irony is that he's an anti-BL fan with no clue about the series, and I'm particularly well-versed in the realm of shounen-ai. Times have indeed changed.)

The first episode was decent, even if there were a few quirks in the animation that had me raising an eyebrow for a while. It's nothing major though, and as a longtime fan of the series, I do look forward to future improvements in the long run.

Spoiler for Mikage:
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 12:08   Link #76
Ruby-Moon

Send a message via MSN to Ruby-Moon
if a story like 07-Ghost must now be categorized under shounen-ai, then there's a TON of series out there that also need to change their category. ^^
Ruby-Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 18:34   Link #77
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
I've been reading blog commentaries everywhere on 07-Ghost, and I'm amused by how swiftly people (especially those who aren't familiar with the series) are latching onto the assumption that this series is a BL/shounen-ai, when there's absolutely nothing of the sort in the entire manga series. Those who are accustomed to mundane flat development given to generic harem leads might find themselves surprised, if not unsettled, with the way 07-Ghost dives deep into the relationships shared between the main cast, where the men are, at the very least, more dynamic, and vastly more entertaining. (Just recently, I got into a heated discussion with someone who was insistent on labeling this as shounen-ai, and the biggest irony is that he's an anti-BL fan with no clue about the series, and I'm particularly well-versed in the realm of shounen-ai. Times have indeed changed.)
When I read the manga I saw some shonen-ai undertones but nothing major. More like, the story is ambiguous enough that some fans ship this pairing, some fans will ship this other pairing. Maybe it's just because the entire main cast is guys that it gets this distinction (seriously, the only reoccurring girl in this series that I can think of is that
Spoiler for um, maybe a spoiler? The character should be introduced quickly:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 01:08   Link #78
Drakshin
Code Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know of a group that'll be subbing this (a good one, that is), or any streaming site that'll be hosting both RAWs and subs?
Dattebayo is subbing this...
guess they got free time for another project
Drakshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 06:26   Link #79
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So its an yayoi anime ? I still dl it now . I watched the op and it seems it'll be good .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 10:21   Link #80
Jerseykid

Oh no that's not Aizen's voice over for the chief is it!?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy