AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-12, 12:56   Link #121
UPR

does anybosy know if somebosy is blogging this series. Would like to see what happens. Especially with the relationship between the main characters.
Old 2007-08-13, 16:45   Link #122
Zarn
ナギさま~!

This series is sheer awesomeness. I started watching it a week ago and I'm addicted. Anybody knows what's up with episode 14? I hope it comes out soon
Old 2007-08-14, 08:52   Link #123
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarn View Post
This series is sheer awesomeness. I started watching it a week ago and I'm addicted. Anybody knows what's up with episode 14? I hope it comes out soon
It has been a while since the last fansub release, but they did release a bunch (10-13?) in fairly quick succession, and it is now summer break time (which generally results in a slow down in fansub releases). No notices about dropping the series on their web forum, which is good as I am really enjoying the show so far.

I would guess we will be seeing another episode at some point in the hopefully not too distant future.
Old 2007-08-14, 13:52   Link #124
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
and it is now summer break time (which generally results in a slow down in fansub releases).
I don't think there's any point of the year where fansubs come out "fast". Summer is the only time of the year where you don't have school, exams or other "festive" holidays delaying the fansub scheduals, and summer tends to have vacation interfearance, so really it should be no slower or faster than any other time of year.

Does anyone know what's happenning in the raws lately? I haven't really seen anyone blogging this series and I'm interested in keeping up with what's going on.
Old 2007-08-14, 13:59   Link #125
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I don't think there's any point of the year where fansubs come out "fast".
I know a number of groups that were keeping up fairly consistent schedules through the "school year", and then slowed/stopped around final exams and have not resumed their previous pace yet. Whether you think it "should" be slower or not, the fact is that in general it does seem to be that way. If I had to guess, I would say even asside from actual vacations, the nice weather makes it easier to be distracted from doing fansubs.

Quote:
Does anyone know what's happenning in the raws lately? I haven't really seen anyone blogging this series and I'm interested in keeping up with what's going on.
I really hate to be "spoiled" so I avoid RAWs and blogs of ongoing series (unless they are totally dropped, as does happen on occasion).
Old 2007-08-14, 14:08   Link #126
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Last episode I watched was 16. Pretty much exactly the same as before. Except with Italy, Germany and now USA. And also more backstory given on Mana and Masahito.
Spoiler:

I don't know if I'll even bother watching the rest. I loved the show for the first 4 or so episodes, and really liked the Britain/France arc, but everything else is either so rinse and repeat and/or completely uninteresting...the story structure of this show is a total failure...
Old 2007-08-14, 15:19   Link #127
Greenish Growth

I've gotten up to episode sixteen also, but the later episodes are more dialog intensive than the earlier ones. I'm having more difficulty understanding them. I feel less motivated to watch episode seventeen and up because I know I'm going to be missing a lot of plotpoints in their speeches.

But if I get far too behind before the next season begins I'm going to have to watch those episodes no matter what. Whether anyone's making synopsis's or blogging them won't matter because I want to clear out old season shows before taking on new season shows (esp. the larger Spring and Fall anime seasons).
Old 2007-08-14, 16:16   Link #128
UPR

Why do I have the feeling Suwa is going to get the short end of the stick here. Mana I really really don't like her. Suwa open you eyes. Unless Mana does 180 and finally realizes her feelings she can just disappear.
Old 2007-08-14, 18:05   Link #129
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I've gotten up to episode sixteen also, but the later episodes are more dialog intensive than the earlier ones. I'm having more difficulty understanding them. I feel less motivated to watch episode seventeen and up because I know I'm going to be missing a lot of plotpoints in their speeches.

But if I get far too behind before the next season begins I'm going to have to watch those episodes no matter what. Whether anyone's making synopsis's or blogging them won't matter because I want to clear out old season shows before taking on new season shows (esp. the larger Spring and Fall anime seasons).
As far as i know there is no second season. All the info i've found points to just the one season of 26 episodes.

While its true that the later episodes are more dialogue intesive they're still not that hard to follow. I've no japanese skills at all and I can figure out the main points of the episodes fairly easily as I go along.

(episode 19 is out in raw for by the way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Why do I have the feeling Suwa is going to get the short end of the stick here. Mana I really really don't like her. Suwa open you eyes. Unless Mana does 180 and finally realizes her feelings she can just disappear.
I disagree, i think it's been fairly obviosue the past few episodes that Mana has relised she has feelings for him, beyond seeing him as a ghost of the other guy. And thats whats causing her so much trouble at the moment. I really like Mana TBH she's so damned cute, though there were a few weird scenes in the first few eps i have to admit. Ucchy getting on the helicopter has me in fits every time i watch it >.<
Old 2007-08-14, 23:38   Link #130
rimaa

I stopped watching at episode 9, could someone tell me if in the more recent episodes Mana is still looking at other Gigantic Pilot's; or has the plot moved significantly forward? i want to pick this series back up, but only until the latter occurs
Old 2007-08-15, 20:24   Link #131
UPR

Well ive only till 13 which is the last subbed as of right now id say 52% Suwa and 48% other guy. But since Taliesin watched raws and he said it's more towards Suwa then yeah Mana has started to not forget but not much towards him anymore. But since you're on 9 more frustration's will come as you can tell from my post here I feel the same way you do Rimaa.
Old 2007-08-16, 05:38   Link #132
Zarn
ナギさま~!

That thing with Masahito in episode 13 is really annoying.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:18   Link #133
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarn View Post
That thing with Masahito in episode 13 is really annoying.
you said it. The guy does not appear that much I hate him so much. I thought he was dead but man was I dissapointed when he wasn't. Mana i'll say this again get a grip and move on it's been long enough.
Old 2007-09-01, 13:45   Link #134
UPR

It's been a while but how far along are raws currently at? last time i asked they were at 16. Anybody can give a brief summury; you know what happens especially with the Mana x Sena relationship.

I habe been very critical of Mana and her actions but I hope they can be together.

And I wish subs could come out it's been months since last one.
Old 2007-09-01, 14:45   Link #135
Greenish Growth

They're up to episode 22 I believe.

I still haven't watched past episode 16 though.
Old 2007-09-13, 01:37   Link #136
jpwong

I saw that episode 24 airred just recently, would someone be able to maybe write a summery of just what happens between 14 and 24? They must be pretty close to wrapping it all up, and since the fansubs appear to have been delayed, it would be nice to see what's going on.
Old 2007-09-13, 02:34   Link #137
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I reccomend watching the raws, they arent that hard to follow. Thats said a few hints from ep24, be ready for a huge spoiker!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler for speculations for the ending eps:

I wish someone would pick this series up, i get the feeling im missing so much cause i dont understand japanese. Some really awesome past episodes just gone, but i cant understand them *sniffs*

Last edited by Tiamat's Disciple; 2007-09-13 at 02:37. Reason: fixed spoiler tags
Old 2007-09-13, 07:02   Link #138
UPR

and how is the relationship between Suwa and Mana?
Old 2007-09-13, 07:42   Link #139
jpwong

While not hard to follow, you do end up missing some of the more subtle dialogue bits off the raws when you don't know japanese.
Old 2007-09-13, 14:44   Link #140
Jabawock
S.A.F.A Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
I reccomend watching the raws, they arent that hard to follow. Thats said a few hints from ep24, be ready for a huge spoiker!!!

Spoiler:
Er... Indian Gigantic is 12th
Spoiler for For Susanoo:
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, supernatural