AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 16:17   Link #41
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strettger View Post
Mossy - the Ganymede was Marrianes KMF, Lelouchs mothers. Nina just so happened to have gotten her grubby lil mitts on it and turned it into a doomsday devie.

With regards to the Elizabeth theory, I have since looked deeper into it and the chronology.... is interesting.

Its possible that the USA existed, briefly for a decade or 2 before Elizabeth came in and ousted them. I have noticed that there is a general consensus that C.C was present during the rebbelion, all I have seen points to her having known Benjamin Franklin and he whose first name eludes me Washington.

Since Franklin defected, he could have been the one on Elizabeths side when she arrives in North America with refugees. Chronologicaly, they made Elizabeth III exist. She existed in the past and enough things are traced back to her to make her significant enough to be C.C.

That also covers the shock Lelouch had, either way Ricardo Brittania was his ancesotor after all.....

There is an alternative that presents itself. Boudica.
Originaly pronounced Boadicea 2000 years ago during her failed rebelion against the Romans.....
Didn't CC say it was a strange pronounciation?
Alright, certain aspects of the theory do fit if we look at it a certain way. Lelouch would probably recognize the name quickly in any case. I'd think that history was falsified in that case. I think Ricardo might have done something then to betray her.

I've never heard of Boudica. I'll have to look into it, but you are right about pronunciation since I don't even know how to pronounce it.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 16:29   Link #42
KrimzonStriker

I don't see the point honestly, from the looks of it C.C can't exactly change her hair color or well, I don't know, age/die so I find it hard she could fit in a public spotlight like the being Elizabeth III would entail, plus there's the whole monarchy bloodline which would have been hard to insert her in even more.

Next, if she knew Ben through that kind of contact, being a refugee and all after the exile, how do you explain a possible knowing of George Washington since he died at the battle of Yorktown...

I also brought this up at one point that she is much OLDER the Elizabeth III is, therefore I see little point in this actually being her original name since she couldn't have existed as such in the past.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 16:38   Link #43
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I am not too sure that C.C. was contracted to Ben. I think she was more likely to be linked with Washington.

The fact that she appears to be much older does indicate that she isn't Elizabeth though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-10, 16:45   Link #44
KrimzonStriker

Exactly, she contracts with people, not take the throne herself, and I see no indication of that having changed since she remains so steadfast in obtaining her wish throughout the centuries.

I know right? Why have her be Elizabeth III be her name when she can remember up to and slightly before Elizabeth's era, but can't remember her original name or her previous life until Lelouch tells it to her during the cave scene.
Old 2008-04-10, 16:47   Link #45
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I just sent this to you in a PM, but I looked up Bodica and the description of her goes like this:"Bodica was said to have possessed of greater intelligence than often belongs to women", that she was tall, had long red hair down to her hips, a harsh voice and a piercing glare, and habitually wore a large golden necklace (perhaps a torc), a many-coloured tunic, and a thick cloak fastened by a brooch."

Other than the part about red hair, it sounds quite like C.C..

I'm more inclined that if she is anyone relevant, that it be a famous person far in the past rather than a goddess.

Old 2008-04-10, 16:56   Link #46
KrimzonStriker

Boudica was also said to have been a mother of 2 teenage daughters, married with a husband for several years before he died and she took over before subsequently being defeated. Doesn't sound like C.C physique wise at all, where she's supposed to resemble a 16 year old in form. And that whole incident with Boudica may not have even happened since the Celts seemed to have been able to maintain their hold of the British Isles and subsequently began a blood dynasty which would have made Boudica's existence in this alternative time line questionable given the subsequent change of the Celtic society and there move for a more united nation, instead of the old clans like the Icceni tribe of Boudica.
Old 2008-04-10, 16:57   Link #47
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It could always be an alternate version of her in which some things did not happen. I guess it is just a guess as any though.

Old 2008-04-10, 17:01   Link #48
KrimzonStriker

Well, anythings possible. I don't see why Boudica would be a recognized name though given the change in the time line and the unnecessary act of a revolt if Rome was never present in Great Britain though.
Old 2008-04-10, 17:04   Link #49
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, I suppose that is true as well since there would be no point in her being remembered if she had not done anything memorable.

I'm still somewhat confused about that comment regarding what revealing C.C.'s name would do. Who was it who said that? Could they have been overexaggerating or perhaps things have changed?

Old 2008-04-10, 17:05   Link #50
KrimzonStriker

No idea myself, as always I suppose we'll just have to wait and see until the series reveals it to us.
Old 2008-04-10, 17:09   Link #51
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wonder if along with her real name, we'll get an explanation on why she ended up with the initials C.C.. This goes for V.V. as well. Are there 24 other people wandering around?

Old 2008-04-10, 17:10   Link #52
KrimzonStriker

Hope they don't come up any more of these weirdly initial named immortals with wacky hair
Old 2008-04-10, 17:17   Link #53
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It would get rather annoying all right. Still, why those initials?

Old 2008-04-10, 18:04   Link #54
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It would get rather annoying all right. Still, why those initials?
Like I said before(a couple of months ago actually) it's probably a way to distinguish fake names, or some kinda secret, or an inside joke that Tanaguchi came up with.

I mean there's:

V.V = Real Name Unknown
C.C = Real Name Unknown
Lelouch Lamperouge(Initital L.L) = Lelouch Vi Brittannia
Karen Kozuki (Initials K.K) = Karen Stadfeld(SP?)

Each of these characters fake names has their first, and last name initials as the same leter, it could be more than a coincidense.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:36   Link #55
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'd forgotten about that whole thing. Of course, I'm curious than as to what the initials could stand for if anything at all.

Old 2008-04-10, 18:48   Link #56
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I'd forgotten about that whole thing. Of course, I'm curious than as to what the initials could stand for if anything at all.
They don't stand for anything, it's a conspiracy I tell you a CONSPRACY!!!!!! Tanaguchi is trying to mess with our minds, he's tricking us.

Though if those initials (C.C L.L V.V K.K) actually does mean something more than a coincidence, then I claim all credit for my theory, and all the Japanese fans'll probably be confused that some random Canadian kid figured it out, when they couldn't
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 19:59   Link #57
Kittie Rose

Quote:
I just sent this to you in a PM, but I looked up Bodica and the description of her goes like this:"Bodica was said to have possessed of greater intelligence than often belongs to women", that she was tall, had long red hair down to her hips, a harsh voice and a piercing glare, and habitually wore a large golden necklace (perhaps a torc), a many-coloured tunic, and a thick cloak fastened by a brooch."

Other than the part about red hair, it sounds quite like C.C..

I'm more inclined that if she is anyone relevant, that it be a famous person far in the past rather than a goddess.
It really doesn't. From an outsiders point of view, descriptions of both C.C. and Eris would be very similiar.

Having long hare, being very intelligence and having a piercing glare are hardly enough grounds.
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 20:03   Link #58
Stretch5920

I bet being crushed under the water pressure and slowly floating to the surface while dying and reviving a few dozen times was fun.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 20:13   Link #59
Kittie Rose

C.C. actually looks kinda like the Eris from Saint Seiya..

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/5...boxeris5ct.jpg

Their faces are very similiar, they both have thingies on their foreheads, long, unnaturally coloured hair.
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 20:36   Link #60
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
It really doesn't. From an outsiders point of view, descriptions of both C.C. and Eris would be very similiar.

Having long hare, being very intelligence and having a piercing glare are hardly enough grounds.
Hey, it's just as likely as your theory. Quite frankly, I doubt either are the truth. And I don't see much that C.C. and Eris have in common at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
C.C. actually looks kinda like the Eris from Saint Seiya..

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/5...boxeris5ct.jpg

Their faces are very similiar, they both have thingies on their foreheads, long, unnaturally coloured hair.
Oh, please. Taniguchi isn't going to copy some design of someone else from another show.