AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-04-08, 15:47   Link #1
Rin-chan

Send a message via AIM to Rin-chan Send a message via MSN to Rin-chan
Delayed Write Failed/ Error

I got this error msg on my /D: which is my second hardrive.i seached this problem off of google but it gave me very tecnical words that i dont understand.the only thing i got out of it is that it is caused by my ati radeon video card.this error wont let me pull anything off the /D: and wont let me defrag it.someone please help me.
Rin-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 16:35   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-chan
I got this error msg on my /D: which is my second hardrive.i seached this problem off of google but it gave me very tecnical words that i dont understand.the only thing i got out of it is that it is caused by my ati radeon video card.this error wont let me pull anything off the /D: and wont let me defrag it.someone please help me.
I have seen the same message before, but mostly on removable hard drives. It's as if your hard drive somehow became disconnected or lost power while your computer was turned on and trying to use it. How often do you get this message? Have you tried restarting your computer?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 16:46   Link #3
Rin-chan

I get the message when ever i try to acces anything from my /D: or when i try to defrag it.I read something saying to put computer in safe mode and turn "LargeSystemCache" to 0.thats a totally dif laguag to me so i am so confused
Old 2004-04-08, 17:05   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I get the message when ever i try to acces anything from my /D: or when i try to defrag it.I read something saying to put computer in safe mode and turn "LargeSystemCache" to 0.thats a totally dif laguag to me so i am so confused
Very strange... did this problem just come up all of a sudden? Have you recently changed anything in your computer (hardware or software)? What version of Windows are you using? (Windows XP SP1?)

As someone who tends to fix computers for people fairly often, my first instinct would be to open up the computer and carefully check the connection to the hard drive (with the computer turned off first!). It's possible that the connection may have become partly loose or something like that. It's also possible (and I hate to suggest it) that your hard drive may be broken. Although there's no way to know for sure from this end, the problem you're describing sounds to me more like a hardware problem than a software one.
Old 2004-04-08, 17:45   Link #5
Rin-chan

I have XP windows,bolth of my hardrives are FAT32.i havent changed anything.the error showed up when i was downloading bulk of onepiece.
Old 2004-04-08, 18:11   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I have XP windows,bolth of my hardrives are FAT32.i havent changed anything.the error showed up when i was downloading bulk of onepiece.
Hmm... very strange... unfortunately, I don't really know what to suggest other than to look at the hard drive itself and the connections to it. Anyone else out there have any other ideas?
Old 2004-04-08, 19:28   Link #7
Nevion
/dev/random

could it be because your using \D: instead of D:\? (I doubt it is but since you made the same mistake(atleast I think its a mistake...) so many times you lead me to believe your actually trying to use \D:)

if thats not the problem (which agian, I don't really believe it is cause you said you tried to defrag it and it gave same message)... how about giving more partition info (sizes of partitions)?

see if it also passes 'smart'(when you first boot up) or the manufacturers utilty test (you go to the manufacturers site and download a bootable utility disk meant to test the hardware out).

on a side note, if your using a computer like a gateway,compaq, or dell you will not beable to see anything about smart and some other stuff when you first boot up(Most of them stupidy don't show the valuable info) but the utility disk from the manufac. should always work.

Last edited by Nevion; 2004-04-08 at 19:43.
Nevion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 20:24   Link #8
Rin-chan

the d:/ mistake has nothing to do with the error and second i dont know what a partitions are(dont talk computer). Also my computer is a custom job so its not from a manufacturer
Old 2004-04-09, 01:02   Link #9
Rin-chan

Just to let everybody know i fixed it, All i did you i went into my RegEdit searched for the word "LargeSystermCache" and switch 1 to 0.then it worked fine.i hope this thread will help many other people with this problem,and a warning to ATI users.This error happens alot with radeon stuf, so dont be to shocked when it happens to you just do what i did.