AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-13, 23:47   Link #1341
yankky5

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
No something is just wrong with the illustratiion. Ravels bust size is was always above average.
Actually illustration and depiction problems can also be found in Rias' and ise's height just check out vol 4; magician girls vs ise, rias & gasper the SG were quite confused at the time

Speaking of the new update those magicians are quite tough for being massacred in vol 4
Old 2013-02-13, 23:48   Link #1342
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
Ise looks really weak in this battle, all peers have increased their power and abilities and now the student council group can use (artificial SG), he can not fly by himself, and even if Draig wakes, he will continue in the same level, unlike the others.
Well, that is the point. Ise depends too much on Ddraig, him experiencing a battle where his peers are able to improve themselves will encourage him to train more and to unlock his body potential. Still, Ise gift was one of the biggest reason why that planned worked. Outside of the Gremory group, without Ise's gift the Sitri group would have been in real trouble without it.

You know, when I think of Nom@n translating that scene, all I can imagine is him giggling with enthusiasm, I know I would.
Old 2013-02-14, 01:06   Link #1343
Ghost4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well, that is the point. Ise depends too much on Ddraig, him experiencing a battle where his peers are able to improve themselves will encourage him to train more and to unlock his body potential. Still, Ise gift was one of the biggest reason why that planned worked. Outside of the Gremory group, without Ise's gift the Sitri group would have been in real trouble without it.

You know, when I think of Nom@n translating that scene, all I can imagine is him giggling with enthusiasm, I know I would.
Hopefully, in volume 16, Ise trains to use his Dragonification more efficiently. I wonder if the dragonification has increased his body's ability to hold more of Ddraig's power. Being able to change partially into a dragon would add to his own powers. I personally hope he fights his battles first in his Dragonification, then if thats not enough do the BB then CCD. Be pretty awesome if you ask me.

About akeno's ability to use or "make form out of" Ise's dragon ki that she takes out of him, I wonder if Rias's new move has some kind of dragon like affect in it. Since, you know she gives his finger a bj also so she should be able to.... lmao
Old 2013-02-14, 02:31   Link #1344
Red_Zeal_Knight

Sona need a good power type because it seem most of ability her group has is defensive in nature also Xenova's sword abilities are pretty cool I wonder if she can two or more abilites in one attack

Yea I agree with u guys Ise need unlock power from his dragon body but I don't want him to turn fully tranform to a dragon shape because I like the armored form of Ise better
Old 2013-02-14, 02:57   Link #1345
Ghost4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Zeal_Knight View Post
Sona need a good power type because it seem most of ability her group has is defensive in nature also Xenova's sword abilities are pretty cool I wonder if she can two or more abilites in one attack
I'm thinking her new rook, Loup Garou, is a powerhouse, I mean he is a werewolf, Zero's translation did say that he had a build similar to Sairaorgs
Old 2013-02-14, 03:53   Link #1346
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

I think the purpose of this vol, is to teach Ise, that over relying on one power is very limiting. He already shown interest in magic, so I guess the feeling of helplessness will push him to pursue new routes.
Old 2013-02-14, 04:31   Link #1347
Ghost4321

yeah. Hopefully, even if Ise isnt very good with/doesn't have that much DEMONIC (not dragonic to people to just skim over this) powers, he will be able to use magic to a certain extent.
Old 2013-02-14, 04:39   Link #1348
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
I think the purpose of this vol, is to teach Ise, that over relying on one power is very limiting. He already shown interest in magic, so I guess the feeling of helplessness will push him to pursue new routes.
That's possible, although I hope that it won't make Ise too overpowered.

Well, considering the fact that Ise still has 4 pawn pieces that haven't became mutation pieces, I think that he has the potential to acquire at least 4 different power ups, that will change one of Ise's pawn pieces into a mutation piece.

Judging from the context of volume 14 and the previous volumes, I assume that two of those pieces are going to be changed, when:

- Ise gains the ability to use the Dividing Gear that he has "stolen" from Albion / Vali

- Ise gains the ability to partially transform his body into the body of a dragon

Which, most likely leaves us with two potential power ups, that Ise might gain from another "outside source", but it probably won't happen, until Ise gains the predisposition to use his Dividing Gear and the "dragon transformation" ability, that Ise started using, although only for a short period of time, in volume 14.
Old 2013-02-14, 07:34   Link #1349
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
That's possible, although I hope that it won't make Ise too overpowered.

Well, considering the fact that Ise still has 4 pawn pieces that haven't became mutation pieces, I think that he has the potential to acquire at least 4 different power ups, that will change one of Ise's pawn pieces into a mutation piece.

Judging from the context of volume 14 and the previous volumes, I assume that two of those pieces are going to be changed, when:

- Ise gains the ability to use the Dividing Gear that he has "stolen" from Albion / Vali

- Ise gains the ability to partially transform his body into the body of a dragon

Which, most likely leaves us with two potential power ups, that Ise might gain from another "outside source", but it probably won't happen, until Ise gains the predisposition to use his Dividing Gear and the "dragon transformation" ability, that Ise started using, although only for a short period of time, in volume 14.

I have a feeling one of those remaining two power ups has something to do with Ascalon.
Old 2013-02-14, 07:57   Link #1350
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Quote:
I have a feeling one of those remaining two power ups has something to do with Ascalon.
I feel the same way, DarkSkiper. Ascalon won't end up as a simple sword for Ise to use for his new powers.

I was thinking why of all things that Michael had to give was one of the 4 Holy Swords; Ex-Durandal belongs to Xenovia and Collbrande for Arthur.

It might be used against Dragons, especially Evil-Dragons. It's not just a coincidence but it was fate that brought him towards the Ascalon.

Here this out! Since the next destination of Ise is Romania for the Vampire War. We'll probably see a new development of Ise's power during that time.

Then next destination might be Heaven because it will be either Xenovia or Irina's turn for the main. In heaven. Ise might meet someone there, a spirit, perhaps, for it will help Ise to understand the power of Ascalon. And that is Saint George himself, the original owner.

Lastly, Rossweisse, which they will pobably go to Asgard.

Also his familiar might transform according to Ise's power-up. This calls for a new CCQ Armor, it's said according to wiki that it's based from Strike Freedom. I hope there's a Kamen Rider reference for the new transformation.
Old 2013-02-14, 08:04   Link #1351
NeutralZero

just noticed life 4 is 2/3 done...
got to the Saji-Ise combo is one of the things any opponent wouldn't like...
Old 2013-02-14, 08:23   Link #1352
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
just noticed life 4 is 2/3 done...
got to the Saji-Ise combo is one of the things any opponent wouldn't like...
Well, Ise noted that it would be tough to cut Saji's lines. The Stray Magicians underestimated them, wait no I take that back. They have over hundred stray Magicians with many element magic, summoning monsters even Chimeras, and had plenty of background information. They still lost pretty easily however.

When it comes to weak enemies, Saji's line will work since that is its advantage. Though I am pretty sure if Saji uses it again on Ise or Sairaorg or Vali, pretty sure they will cut Saji's line like a hot knife through butter. Still it was terrifying once Ise and Saji work together, Saji lacks a lot of power while Ise has too much power and his power works for one on one enemy rather than multiple like Saji,
Old 2013-02-14, 08:38   Link #1353
Chris38

Regarding Ascalon, personally I think that Holy and Dragon Slaying powers kind of, contradict with Ise's dragon / devil nature.

While, I realize that the sword, has been specifically prepared for Ise to use, I don't think that a single sword is powerful enough to change someone's piece into a mutation piece.

Not to mention, I think that Ise has already obtained the ability to use Ascalon's holy powers or dragon slaying powers - the fact that he isn't using them much, is pretty much caused by the fact that, unlike Kiba or Xenovia, Ise hasn't underwent enough training to efficiently use / bring out the power of his sword, yet.
Old 2013-02-14, 08:39   Link #1354
Soji

Reaper@ Agree ,but this is what make them a good combo.
Also not matter how much background information and other thing the magician have ,they still underestimated them .
Old 2013-02-14, 10:22   Link #1355
WILD_LION

I do not know what will happen, I just hope that our hero does not remain as a secondary character support, however, I do not think there will be many changes in ISE until the next Arc of this LN, because the name of this Arc is "The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his Lively Companions"

I remember the author mentions that would focus more on the heroines.
In this battle our hero seems like a battery

And i have a question, He transfers his own power or Draig power?
Because Draig is sleeping.
Old 2013-02-14, 10:57   Link #1356
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Actually if you look at a different perspective, Ddraig and Ise are actually 1 soul. Ise has full excess to Ddraig's powers and because of the dying incident....one half of the soul which is Ddraig tried to save the other half which is Ise and as a result Ise isnt able to fully utilise Ddraig's powers because part of the soul's (which is Ddraig) stamina itself has been exhausted and become unstable. It is just so happens that part of Ise's soul have its own consciousness called Ddraig lol....and it can be inherited - that is why there are generations of Sekiryuutei.

Evidence to support my claim is that Ise will die without Ddraig, Ise is Ddraig and Ddraig is Ise. The power of Ddraig can be changed/modified if Ise wills it (the birth of illegal triania and Crimson Queen) and nothing can happen if Ise doesnt will it - even if Ddraig wants to enter balance break and if Ise doesnt will it nothing will happen. So you can say that Ddraig's powers are actually Ise's as they are one being and not an equipment that is attached to Ise's arm.

Old 2013-02-14, 11:04   Link #1357
WILD_LION

Is that true lilNewBlood?, Because i think that driag is a soul into the SG who use all his energy to rebuild ISE body, and insert ISE suol and SG into the new body created with a part of Great Red and power of Ophis.

What do you think ReaperxKingx?
Old 2013-02-14, 11:22   Link #1358
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Quote:
Is that true lilNewBlood?, Because i think that driag is a soul into the SG who use all his energy to rebuild ISE body, and insert ISE suol and SG into the new body created with a part of Great Red and power of Ophis.

What do you think ReaperxKingx?
You cant separate both of them lol...it will kill Ise. According to vol 3 the past possessors treated Ddraig like shit and if you are separate soul that has its own will which is inside a SG...would you still obey your host that treated you like shit....I mean you are an almighty Heavenly Dragon lol.....you can choose not to give your host any power and shut off from him till he dies of old age and wait for the next one....but it didnt turn out that way. It seems to me that Ddraig and Ise are one with Ise being the dominant part of the soul. As long as the possessor wills it and has the physical stamina to support that power, it will happen.

It is the same for Vali/Albion and Saji/Vritra

Old 2013-02-14, 11:33   Link #1359
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
You cant separate both of them lol...it will kill Ise. According to vol 3 the past possessors treated Ddraig like shit and if you are separate soul that has its own will which is inside a SG...would you still obey your host that treated you like shit....I mean you are an almighty Heavenly Dragon lol.....you can choose not to give your host any power and shut off from him till he dies of old age and wait for the next one....but it didnt turn out that way. It seems to me that Ddraig and Ise are one with Ise being the dominant part of the soul. As long as the possessor wills it and has the physical stamina to support that power, it will happen.

It is the same for Vali/Albion and Saji/Vritra

Are you sure lilNewBlood?, Because i read that every souls into the SG death saving ISE from Samael, it also means that the SG power will be lowest.?
Or it will work of a different form?
Old 2013-02-14, 11:43   Link #1360
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Quote:
Are you sure lilNewBlood?, Because i read that every souls into the SG death saving ISE from Samael, it also means that the SG power will be lowest.?
Or it will work of a different form?
You can read vol 3??? The reason why the past possessors saved Ise was because they are changed by Ise's perv??? lol. This further proves my theory because Ddraig's soul was part of the past possessors' souls and the past possessors' souls were part of Ddraig's soul....even after they they die...remnants of the past possessors' souls are still residing inside the SG. But then all of what I just said is a theory that I deduced after reading from the LNs....it seems to be a very plausible theory to me.....have to see how the others think about it.

Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen