AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-10, 20:32   Link #61
FlyByNite

BGC is a good comparrison, we've got 4 girls and then the useless younger male char who will pant over 'em.

But I was expecting fanservice and it was there, but the animation was good and even though it's the first episode, I kinda like the characters. Definitely will keep watching the series.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 20:43   Link #62
SimplyEd
Claytard

Well, since there's a lot of talk about fanservice i rewatched the first episode (believe it or not, i didn't pay too much attention to fanservice..or it was just nicely integrated into the show) and i have to say: YEAH, there's definately a whoopin' *bounce* on meg^^
Still, i'm more attracted to Jo..i'm always attracted to the quiet, rather unlikeable but somehow lively girls^^
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 20:55   Link #63
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
Well, since there's a lot of talk about fanservice i rewatched the first episode (believe it or not, i didn't pay too much attention to fanservice..or it was just nicely integrated into the show) and i have to say: YEAH, there's definately a whoopin' *bounce* on meg^^
Still, i'm more attracted to Jo..i'm always attracted to the quiet, rather unlikeable but somehow lively girls^^
I dunno, I think Sei has the most fanservice. The bottom half of her shirt is missing and she aint wearing no bra.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 21:49   Link #64
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
who is the main character of the story? i am confused? the guy? or Jo? i think it would be kinda better if the guy was the main character but w/e..i guess its jo..but still i think this series will be good..
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 21:59   Link #65
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpinAintEZ
who is the main character of the story? i am confused? the guy? or Jo? i think it would be kinda better if the guy was the main character but w/e..i guess its jo..but still i think this series will be good..
The main part is almost evenly split between all 5 of them, with a small emphasis on Jo,Kyouhei-kun and Meg so far. We'll see in the upcoming episodes who will take the lead position.
I'm placing my money on Jo btw.
Old 2004-04-10, 22:33   Link #66
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'd also say it's Jo. About fanservice, well, so far not really that much... not as much as in the first episode of BGC OVA anyway... (who else thinks that "monster" at the start of the anime somewhat looks like that huge Boomer in BGC OVA 1? )
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 22:45   Link #67
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Meh.... this is SO much like BGC. Not sure what to make of it yet. :/
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 23:02   Link #68
RyuHayabusa

Send a message via AIM to RyuHayabusa
I watched it last night and my 1st impressions were:
Very BCG-like. That's all I can say. It looks promising so far, despite that the plot is only hinted at. I would like to see more of this.
RyuHayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 23:15   Link #69
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm`
I like it how they draw Meg's nipples through her shirt...First time I've seen this in an anime .
That's the first thing that pissed me off- YOU WANT TO SEE THAT? GO WATCH A FRICKIN HENTAI.

I am fully heterosexual, but that has no place in an anime IMHO
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 23:23   Link #70
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
That's the first thing that pissed me off- YOU WANT TO SEE THAT? GO WATCH A FRICKIN HENTAI.

I am fully heterosexual, but that has no place in an anime IMHO
Thank you! I thought some of the fanservice was WAY too distracting... it made the action and everything else seem almost irrelevant.
Old 2004-04-11, 00:24   Link #71
kamij0

well .. if you wanna fight with guns... prolly can wear more to avoid the bullets though ...welcome to anime !!
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 09:14   Link #72
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Thank you! I thought some of the fanservice was WAY too distracting... it made the action and everything else seem almost irrelevant.

You think THAT was distracting?!? Then you should better stay clear of shows like Ikkitousen or Agent Aika or Mouse or a whole lot of other anime whose only purpose is to feed its audience fanservice without any regard for the consequences and the damage it may cause^^
No really, in regards to this show, the fanservice is remarkably low..or let me put it in another way, there's actually quite a bit of fanservice but its function is well integrated into the overall image so far and it's not for the sake of showing a nipple or panty en masse just to keep the audience at bay.
Personally i think that it doesn't stick out too much AND it doesn't even have to, there's enough potential on other parts anyway.
Old 2004-04-11, 09:35   Link #73
dreamless

I think Baku-Ten has quite less fanservice than, say, Tenjho Tenge, Melody of Oblivion, and even This Ugly and Beautiful World...
Old 2004-04-11, 10:35   Link #74
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
nipples? how come people who hate fanservice always spot these things? I sure didn't. I watched it twice and I can only remember two.. when jo was dressing they showed a cameltoe and when they were driving in the car there was a panty shot of that little girl. nice ass tho
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 10:59   Link #75
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
nipples? how come people who hate fanservice always spot these things? I sure didn't. I watched it twice and I can only remember two.. when jo was dressing they showed a cameltoe and when they were driving in the car there was a panty shot of that little girl. nice ass tho
yup, I never noticed the "nipple under cloth" thing until someone here mentioned it and then I rewatched it to specifically look for it, and then finally noticed it. It seems those who hate fanservice always pay more attention to those parts
Old 2004-04-11, 11:19   Link #76
Airnest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yup, I never noticed the "nipple under cloth" thing until someone here mentioned it and then I rewatched it to specifically look for it, and then finally noticed it. It seems those who hate fanservice always pay more attention to those parts
Point well taken dreamless, I couldn't agree with you more. I guess the more some people say they hate fanservice the more they like it. There are a lot of good elements in this anime and that's what i'm looking forward to.
Airnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 17:57   Link #77
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I liked the 3D CG stuff... it was well done imo... not really feelin the characters yet cuz I'm pretty sure I've seen the same types in other anime I've watched before... there might be some development in later episodes when the plot actually kicks in.... but I'll be honest.... I will be watching the next episode(s) for more 3D CG stuff, fighting and fanservice than watching it for the story....
Old 2004-04-11, 19:29   Link #78
Cucumbersalad

Animation and attention to detail is great at least in the first episode. Hopefully it'll turn out to be an ok action anime with not too much emphasis on the fan service.

But I've got to say that Baku-Ten has one of the worst OP songs I've heard so far. Not surprisingly, I also really hated the opening songs of Ikkitousen (well, I hated that anime anyway) and Tenjou Tenge, but Baku-Ten OP song takes the cake..talk about Engrish overload.
Cucumbersalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 19:33   Link #79
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
nipples? how come people who hate fanservice always spot these things?
I like tasteful fanservice. Case in point: Faye Valentine's outfit. At least she isn't underage....

Someone mentioned that Kono Mini has more fanservice. *shrugs* This may or may not be true, but I actually enjoyed Kono Mini's fanservice-y content, whereas Baku Ten's just bothered me. Dunno why.
Old 2004-04-11, 19:55   Link #80
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
You think THAT was distracting?!? Then you should better stay clear of shows like Ikkitousen or Agent Aika or Mouse or a whole lot of other anime whose only purpose is to feed its audience fanservice without any regard for the consequences and the damage it may cause^^
That's why I don't watch any anime like that- The animes I love generally have great action scenes, sometimes a thought provoking plot, and little to no ecchiness. Ex. Naruto, Gilgamesh, Avenger, Scrapped Princess.

I want to like this anime, but I have a hard time respecting it because the makers obviously don't respect their audience. It's like Magus IX said- tasteful fanservice can be ok.

Somebody implied that those who complain about fanservice notice it more. Well, yes, I'm not desensitized to it and I am a very horny male (yup). But just because my hormones may say, "Oooohhhh, booobies," doesn't mean that I as an individual actually want to see that
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote