AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-14, 13:46   Link #41
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
unfortunately there is a tragic "disease" (read: cliche) that Naruto suffers from: they always have several fights at once (except during the anime's current arc, which is why it's one of my favorites) and skip back and forth between them. The Hokage-Orochi battle was especially plagued by this (they cut to their battle and then had NOTHING happen except the hand move a few inches...I'M NOT EXAGGERATING) Naruto-Gaara and Orochi-Hokage were excellent fights until the Hokage fight got into the "stalemate" and began continually interrupting the Naruto/Gaara fight.
It's not the first time (nor will it be the last) even during the Zabuza saga...well actually i detest the last few episodes of the Zabuza saga since the first 5 minutes of each episode was a recap of the previous one....NOT an enjoyable thing when you're watching episodes consecutively. It wasn't that exciting to cut from the Haku-Sasuke/Naruto fight to the stalemated Kakashi-Zabuza fight over and over again.
Umm....you've listed two cases here. The Orochimaru/Hokage thing everybody agress with you about- so they made A mistake- big deal. I don't remember being at all bored near the end of the Zabusa arc (in fact, some less than die-hard fans would argue that it was the best of the series so far....and Zabusa/Kakashi was stalemated?). I don't see the trend you're pointing out. A lot of action animes have a battle of two close together, but this isn't a negative feature, it's a positive one.
Old 2004-07-14, 14:34   Link #42
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
Umm....you've listed two cases here. The Orochimaru/Hokage thing everybody agress with you about- so they made A mistake- big deal. I don't remember being at all bored near the end of the Zabusa arc (in fact, some less than die-hard fans would argue that it was the best of the series so far....and Zabusa/Kakashi was stalemated?). I don't see the trend you're pointing out. A lot of action animes have a battle of two close together, but this isn't a negative feature, it's a positive one.
for at least 2 minutes (that they repeated over and over...i HATE recaps, probably because i have a good memory) Kakashi and Zabuza were staring at each other
btw, i hated the Sakura-Ino fight...why the hell was any of that backstory valid..? WHY did it last 2 1/2 episodes?!
all the clipping back and forth aside, the recaps are horrible, Naruto hasn't had a true recap episode in a while ...but they still recap the previous episode during fights...
flashing back to things that happened in the SAME EPISODE is annoying too
Old 2004-07-16, 02:25   Link #43
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
If you like Fantasy, I would have to recommend Slayers! Especially the NEXT season. It's licensed, FYI. It's got lots of silly humor, action, and some romance too. Good clean fun!
Old 2004-07-18, 16:52   Link #44
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
I considered watching the HxH anime once, but I just don't think I could stand Hisoka with BLOND hair (needs to be white).
Eh? Hisoka's hair is never blond in the anime; in the first arc it's pale blue, and in the rest of the series it's dark red.
Old 2004-07-19, 14:04   Link #45
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

oh...then they just can't figure out what color to make it. I assumed the anime would make it blond because when the manga has a had Hisoka in color, his hair has always been blond
Old 2004-07-21, 04:13   Link #46
ShikaShika
無罪

Ehh.. this turned more into a Naruto bash than a suggestions thread. I do agree though that Naruto isn't all that. If they had stuck to the manga 100% though...

Anyway, my top three is:

Hikaru no Go
Hajime no Ippo
Full Metal Alchemist

Best three I've seen, and Hikaru no Go is the best tv series I've seen period.
Old 2004-07-21, 04:47   Link #47
Vide
Lurker

I'd go with:

Hikaru no Go
One Piece
Full Metal Panic (Fumoffu)
Full Metal Alchemist

There is tons of good anime out there, and I don't really want to
compare them to Naruto in terms of being "best".
Old 2004-07-21, 16:01   Link #48
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Naruto bitch slaps Great Teacher Onizuka? Are you crazy? nononono.....

Matter of fact I don't think you EVER seen GTO. So please just shhhhhhh
Erm, hows about you just shhhhhhhhhh, because I have seen GTO, ive even seen most of the live action version aswell (which is one of the gayest things ive ever seen)

So get your facts right first before you reply to me in that manner, Ok!

But I guess it all comes down to preference, so you keep bigging up your GTO, and ill stick by my Naruto, through thick and thin.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-07-21, 17:11   Link #49
thelightandthedark
Ninja Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Roberto
Well, if you like Naruto I STRONGLY reccomend Hunter x Hunter. I'm sorry to say this but i'm starting to think Hunter x Hunter > Naruto.
Here Here

Hunter x Hunter is very similar to Naruto in many ways. Some suggest Naruto is ripped off of HxH. But it is more original and told in a better way. The series keeps getting better and better.

Plus no waiting for 10 episodes to see the main character lift his fist.

Also I would recommend

Fullmetal Alchemist - deeper than Naruto and is quite beautifully tragic.
looks more at the darker elements of humanity.
Texhnolyze - Same guy who did Serial Experiments Lain(also recommended). Visually one of the nicest and freshest animes out there very sureal and sad +violent.
Phantom Memory Kurau - Only seen two episodes so far. But along the lines of Ghost in The Shell. Has a lot of potential.

Forgot and suprised no one mentiond FLCL.
Amazing awesome and perfect. Just watch it.

Last edited by thelightandthedark; 2004-07-21 at 17:38.
Old 2004-07-21, 17:21   Link #50
ringez

stuff to watch while waitin for naruto episodes

naruto is a great series but during the wait for new episodes i been watchin full metal alchemist which has a great plot and good animations and shadow skill which has some of the greatest fight scenes ive seen .
Old 2004-07-21, 19:10   Link #51
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

it deeply saddens me how obsessed people are about a show about a blonde ninja in an orange jump suit that ends almost every sentence with "bayou/dayou"
it's good, but those who say it's the best ever haven't seen enough good anime
i dread the day when it gets licensed
Old 2004-07-21, 22:04   Link #52
Draikan7

hrm some anime that i prefer over naruto are
gundam seed (my fav)
hajime no ippo
initial d
one piece
hxh
berserk
yu yu hakusho
Old 2004-07-21, 22:56   Link #53
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well I will be so happy when that day comes
naruto sucks

my fav are
Cardcaptor Sakura
Juuni kooki
Hikaru no Go
Vampire Princess Miyu OAV + TV

Quote:
it deeply saddens me how obsessed people are about a show about a blonde ninja in an orange jump suit that ends almost every sentence with "bayou/dayou"
Old 2004-07-21, 23:29   Link #54
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Well I will be so happy when that day comes
naruto sucks

my fav are
Cardcaptor Sakura
Juuni kooki
Hikaru no Go
Vampire Princess Miyu OAV + TV
Yeah Naruto sucks, thats why its the most popular anime in this forum, and has the most fans......hmmmm........yeah we're all wrong and you're right.

Keep comments like that to yourself, the guy who started this thread in the first place knows Naruto is a great anime, so saying Naruto sucks is just pointless, and in a way......... Idiotic.

Last edited by shinobi_shay; 2004-07-22 at 08:00.
Old 2004-07-22, 07:47   Link #55
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:

Not true, I've seen atleast 15-20 very well-known series in their entirety, and I can honestly say that Naruto is my favorite. Call me sophomoric (although I'll be a junior in college- bad pun), but I can't help it. I would also argue that the series is thematically deeper than it initially looks.

I will say that I like Scrapped Princess and Gilgamesh nearly as much as Naruto, but it takes the cake.
Old 2004-07-22, 12:17   Link #56
Harogenki
Victim of Zeta Reticulins

Send a message via AIM to Harogenki
Mobi-ru Su-tsu Gundamo 0079, SD Gundam Vintage

The above series ^ ^ ^ are superior to all anime shows and the only other anime show to come close to being as good is FLCL, Fooly Cooly! Oh and sometimes Cowboy Bebop... yes... :fingers: And remember, Universal Century is everything to "After Colony" phhh... Gundam Wing and Seed, as if they were real Gundam shows. For shame Yoshiyuki Tomino. For shaaaame.
Old 2004-07-22, 12:52   Link #57
7thMethuselah

Quote:
I agree, the day Naruto gets licensed will be a day with ALOT of work for the mods

Naruto is a good shounen title but centainly not the best ever. I am a big Naruto fan and can't wait for a new episode each week however, there's alot better stuff out there.
Old 2004-07-22, 14:34   Link #58
mastersppd
Judoka

Hmmm, I'm surprised no one mentioned Fushigi Yugi at all. I love that anime. A real tear jerker for me. Anyway, here are some of my favs:

Fushigi Yugi
Rurouni Kenshin
Berserk
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Flame of Recca
The Hakkenden
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Princess Mononoke-movie
Spirited Away-movie
Barefoot Gen-movie
Love Hina
Photon
Outlaw Star
Gasaraki
Pam and Tommy Lee: Hardcore and Uncensored
Vampire Hunter D (both movies are good)
Lain

I could go on and on. Try and check some of those out. You won't be sorry.
Old 2004-07-22, 14:38   Link #59
mastersppd
Judoka

Oh yeah, if you are into hentai at all I would recommend the Bible Black series. It's pretty good stuff.
Old 2004-12-02, 19:16   Link #60
Shay
Monarch Programmer

LOL! It's been months since this thread was made and no Naruto still isn’t licensed and yes Naruto still ownz!
Closed Thread