AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-22, 11:03   Link #4961
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I think is just the fact that his creations don't belong on the world so they sort of vanish after a while. At least when he uses projection rather than reinforcement, he makes things out of thin air and the world dislikes that so eventually it forces the things to become thin air once more.
That is generally the case with projection by other mages but Shirou's Reality Marble UBW allows him to bypass this issue. They can last as long as he has enough magic.
Old 2014-08-22, 11:18   Link #4962
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
Um Shiro's trace ability. I know they are illusions but do they disappear after he is done with them or is that only if they are incomplete or something?

in one of the earlier episodes of Fate/stay night RIn and Saber find a rea pot and other items and say it isn't reinforcement magic.
Everything will eventually disappear over time, unless he can keep the image and use mana against Gaia. The junk in his shed shouldn't be compared to the Noble Phantasms he can project. The junk will also disappear over time, but it's nothing but random stuff, without much mystery or flaw, that Gaia doesn't crush immediately.

Still, Rin only needed a look at the junk to see that his unnatural projection skills stem from a Reality Marble. That's why she got pissed.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 17:15   Link #4963
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Okay, I haven't played the game yet (forgive my heresy).. but what are the rumors about a new season? I've already watched Fate Stay Night so this new season is prolly based on the Manga that began after the first season..? Is there any correlation between the timelines or do we have a completely new plot ('cuz the first season seem pretty complete at-least in terms of Kiria.. Gilgamesh was still acting around w/ that robot tho.)
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 17:18   Link #4964
GDB

The manga was just the Fate route with tweaks, and a piece of Caster's arc from UBW. Beyond that, it was almost identical to the anime's plot, just played differently since they mixed stuff around.

The new season is based strongly, if not entirely, on the Unlimited Blade Works route. The movie(s) will be based on the Heaven's Feel route. Each route is different after the "common route", which is basically up to Shirou summoning Saber. Everything after that plays out differently.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 17:24   Link #4965
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
Okay, I haven't played the game yet (forgive my heresy).. but what are the rumors about a new season? I've already watched Fate Stay Night so this new season is prolly based on the Manga that began after the first season..? Is there any correlation between the timelines or do we have a completely new plot ('cuz the first season seem pretty complete at-least in terms of Kiria.. Gilgamesh was still acting around w/ that robot tho.)
No. The Fate/stay night game (or rather visual novel) is the source material for everything.

The game had 3 routes with different main heroines and a different story each route:

Fate - Saber route
Unlimited Blade Works - Rin route
Heaven's Feel - Sakura route

The DEEN anime from 2006 mainly followed the "Fate" route, i.e. Saber's route, while poorly incorporating elements from the other two routes.

The manga was a mix of "Fate" and "Unlimited Blade Works", while also poorly incorporating elements from the "Heaven's Feel" route.

The DEEN Unlimited Blade Works movie from 2010 was a (very rushed and poorly executed) straight on adaption of the "Unlimited Blade Works" route.

Now ufotable, who also animated Fate/Zero, will completely adapt the "Unlimited Blade Works" route (Rin route), which will start airing as a split cour anime in the beginning of October, called "Fate/stay night (2014)".

Later on ufotable will also make a "theatrical release" (which could be either a movie, or a series of movies) of the third and as of yet not adapted route "Heaven's Feel" (Sakura route).

I hope this was enough to answer this question. If something is not clear yet, just ask again.

EDIT: Maybe there is a misunderstanding... Did you watch Fate/Zero or Fate/stay night or both?

Last edited by GreyZone; 2014-08-24 at 17:36.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 20:21   Link #4966
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Alright, thanks so much. Yeah I was pretty confused on the lore of things so your post is a great help (GDB - thank you too, I think you were giving me too much credit on lore info..lol I was like wtf! but thx anyway). *handsovercookies*

Umm, yes I meant Fate/Zero. Haven't watched Fate/ stay night yet! Looking forward to it.

So I guess that's it. I have just the manga (and the spin-off one?) plus a movie and I'm all caught up on the lore. Going to crack the game soon (laptop problems atm.. can't work w/ PS3)

はるかに高く評価
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 20:28   Link #4967
GDB

If you didn't watch the DEEN anime, then the manga wouldn't be a bad place to get the Fate route from. It isn't great, but if you prefer to read (and don't want to download the visual novel), then I'd go with that.

Don't bother with the current movie. It's the same route that the new anime will be based on, but... well, 25 episodes or so (exact number not known, but it's 2 seasons) of the new season vs 90 minutes for the movie (equivalent of about 3 episodes). Yeah, it got condensed into crap. Don't bother with the new series coming out.

But since you said you're going to crack the game soon, I'd just skip the DEEN anime and manga and just use the game for that. They cover the same thing as the first route of the game anyway.

For reference, DEEN anime is the one from 2006 by studio DEEN. The new series (and upcoming movie(s)) is done by ufotable who did Fate/Zero. For further reference, Shirou summoning Saber is at the end of episode 2 or 3 of the DEEN anime (probably will be at the end of episode 1 of the new series, assuming a long first episode like Fate/Zero had), so that tells you how short the common route is before the routes split.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 20:34   Link #4968
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
Alright, thanks so much. Yeah I was pretty confused on the lore of things so your post is a great help (GDB - thank you too, I think you were giving me too much credit on lore info..lol I was like wtf! but thx anyway). *handsovercookies*

Umm, yes I meant Fate/Zero. Haven't watched Fate/ stay night yet! Looking forward to it.

So I guess that's it. I have just the manga (and the spin-off one?) plus a movie and I'm all caught up on the lore. Going to crack the game soon (laptop problems atm.. can't work w/ PS3)

はるかに高く評価
Try watching the 2006 anime. Contrary to what some say around here it is decently faithful to the Fate route. It just took some liberties with fillers to get aspects of the others in which made it feel a little cluttered at times. It will at least help you understand the basis of the story and give some needed exposition.

I would definitely recommend the game though. There is a full translation out for it which shouldn't be hard to find. The only question is if you want the sex scenes or the all ages animal versions lol.
Old 2014-08-25, 01:13   Link #4969
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Mana dolphin, mana dragon and blood sucking.
Old 2014-08-25, 01:50   Link #4970
Lorhand

The 2012 FSN Realta Nua patch allows you to switch between h-scenes and the alternate scenes. The only route where they seem more important is the last route in my opinion.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 12:17   Link #4971
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
The 2012 FSN Realta Nua patch allows you to switch between h-scenes and the alternate scenes. The only route where they seem more important is the last route in my opinion.
I agree that the only important one to the story is in HF (Mostly just the very last one in the route due to it's meaning for Sakura and the confidence that it gave her and how it affected the story. something that just didn't translate well into the bloodsucking.) but Saber fans will be up in arms defending that her sex scenes were just as important to the plot as Sakura's (had quite a few lengthy arguments with them about this lol). It's not. It is just a bonus to what is there but it doesn't change the plot in any significant way compared to Sakura's.
Old 2014-08-25, 18:01   Link #4972
Geng
Banned

Outside of HF, the sex scenes are dumb and is only there because it's an eroge. You shouldn't even acknowledge its existence. Treat the realta nua alt scenes as what *really* happens, not the other way around. The story is much better that way.
Geng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 19:28   Link #4973
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe you should all leave it QS_Bilal to decide which scenes he wants to see? It's not like your opinions concerning which scenes are better or more appropriate have any bearing on what he initially asked.
Old 2014-08-26, 02:47   Link #4974
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Maybe you should all leave it QS_Bilal to decide which scenes he wants to see? It's not like your opinions concerning which scenes are better or more appropriate have any bearing on what he initially asked.
And this is not the thread to discussion such a things, the Fate/Stay Night Game thread would be more appropriate.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 17:36   Link #4975
Stanfoo

Kirei told Shirou that Saber would remain in this world if she drank from the grail. Is it true or was he lying? I always thought any servant not Gilgamesh would die from coming in contact with the mud, let alone drinking it.
Stanfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 17:46   Link #4976
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Die? No. Get corrupted and lose their minds? Sure. Gilgamesh was special because he's that damn egotistical and retained his mind after being doused in the mud.

So yeah, Kirei's not lying. He has no reason to. After all losing your mind or being corrupted =/= death.
Old 2014-08-29, 20:16   Link #4977
Stanfoo

So any servant coming in contact with the mud will remain in the world? Or only if they're able to overcome the corruption like Gil?
Stanfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 22:49   Link #4978
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Any will remain. They'd need a will and ego like Gilgamesh's to retain their mind, though.
Old 2014-08-31, 12:29   Link #4979
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfoo View Post
Kirei told Shirou that Saber would remain in this world if she drank from the grail. Is it true or was he lying? I always thought any servant not Gilgamesh would die from coming in contact with the mud, let alone drinking it.
Nope, they would remain, just corrupted. The VN covers it a bit better, so you could try asking in the game thread....
Old 2014-08-31, 12:33   Link #4980
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Nope, they would remain, just corrupted. The VN covers it a bit better, so you could try asking in the game thread....
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=448589#post448589
This thread is for those with questions about the Fate/stay night anime or game. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads, the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or game.
Fate/ Series Q&A thread is for any question Fate/ Series related. Asking it here would be the most appropriate.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote