AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-02-05, 15:53   Link #421
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
There was a off topic question regarding Lelouch and his Geass which Taniguchi mentioned that " Lelouch's was a candidate for a powerful Geass. " which makes me think that C.C. could sense the strength of a Geass from a person.

Perhaps C.C. thought that suzaku was equal to power if it was given to him. There was also the issue of what Suzaku saw even when C.C. was in Gawain and all of the sudden yellow sprinkly fairy dust started to form at the shoulder of the suit.

It's the same as when Lelouch saw the same dust form at the car in episode 1.

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 16:00   Link #422
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So, is it likely that Suzaku would be a candidate for Geass as well? Do we know exactly how one becomes a candidate for Geass or is it some sort of random selection thing?

Also, since Lelouch's Geass is supposed to be "powerful," is the part about it evolving something that can be considered true? I remember C.C. saying the Geass gets stronger with use, but has it been mentioned how it gets stronger?

Could it be something like better range or a dropping of things stopping it, like the one use condition Lelouch has?

What do we actually know for sure about the Geass?
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 16:34   Link #423
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Also, since Lelouch's Geass is supposed to be "powerful," is the part about it evolving something that can be considered true? I remember C.C. saying the Geass gets stronger with use, but has it been mentioned how it gets stronger?

Could it be something like better range or a dropping of things stopping it, like the one use condition Lelouch has?

What do we actually know for sure about the Geass?
There is never been any comment about the power of Lelouch's geass. The only one that was called "powerful" was Mao's. However, it has been stated (both in regards to why C.C. chose Lelouch and why his geass started evolving) that Lelouch has a particularly strong geass potential.

The conditions that were put on Lelouch's geass were created in the planning stages of the show so the writers didn't get lazy with how they used it. Don't expect any massive powerup or removal of any restrictions until late in the new season, if at all.

The only major things known about the geass are: 1) it was called a power based off the DNA of the soul, 2) it was commented the geass is related to the origins of humanity.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 16:44   Link #424
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Wasn't it stated, in the DS game anyway, that the Emperor was choosing his wives based on Geass potential? There was never any mention on what the deal with Jupiter was, was there?

Sorry for the sudden string of questions.
Old 2008-02-05, 17:31   Link #425
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Wasn't it stated, in the DS game anyway, that the Emperor was choosing his wives based on Geass potential? There was never any mention on what the deal with Jupiter was, was there?

Sorry for the sudden string of questions.
I'm not sure if that was ever so much stated as it was implied by Castor and Pollux having a geass and Euphie getting a geass from V.V. in the alternate storylines.

and no, no one has a clue why there's been reoccurring appearances from what looks like Jupiter. Other than the fact Jupiter played a fairly major role of sorts in the latter half of one of the other shows Taniguchi directed (PlanetES) and that Sunrise's flag franchise Gundam usually mentions Jupiter at least once in any given series, the gas giant currently has more or less absolutely nothing to do with Code Geass. 0_o
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 17:40   Link #426
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, in any case I suppose that implies that V.V. could poetentially form a contract with someone in season 2. Suzaku would be a likely candidate, but Nunnally could also be possible though that would be odd.

Do animators know something about Jupiter we don't? I'm really hoping it isn't aliens or something like that.
Old 2008-02-05, 17:49   Link #427
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
and no, no one has a clue why there's been reoccurring appearances from what looks like Jupiter. Other than the fact Jupiter played a fairly major role of sorts in the latter half of one of the other shows Taniguchi directed (PlanetES) and that Sunrise's flag franchise Gundam usually mentions Jupiter at least once in any given series, the gas giant currently has more or less absolutely nothing to do with Code Geass. 0_o
I'm pretty sure that there is a short scene (about 0.5 sec or less), where you can see the great red spot of Jupiter, though I can't remember the number of the episode. And it would be way too nerdy to watch the whole S1 again on the basis of some idee fixe.
Maybe it stands for the storm coming over the world... whatsoever.
Old 2008-02-05, 17:53   Link #428
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Isn't it always the same shot of Jupiter when it was seen? What would the Great Red Spot have to do with this? I thought it was just a giant storm.
Old 2008-02-05, 22:39   Link #429
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Some of the questions above were already asked by 2chers and answered by FO. Here are FO's answers.
Spoiler for About Suzaku:
Spoiler for About Geass:
And there's no such thing about Geass' evolve.
Spoiler for rants about the evolve business:

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-02-14 at 12:35. Reason: make some clearification to > 2007/02/02 <
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 22:55   Link #430
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Some of the questions above were answered by FO.

About Suzaku
> 2007/01/07 <
Q. How come Suzaku and Kallen, while not properly trained on KMF, become ace pilots?
A. For Suzaku, it's a secret. There's a reason to that. For Kallen, she practice with all she got, for the sake of her brother.

> 2007/02/02 <
Q. Is Suzaku a living weapon created by the Kyoto 6? Like using Sakuradite as his core? (This question is hilarious!)
A. It's nothing like that. There is a reason to his ability. It'll be explained later.
Q. Is Suzaku human?
A. Of course.

> 2007/03/16 <
Q. Why is Suzaku acting so shocked in the ruins in Ep. 19?
A. There's a reason to that. Because of Suzaku's power and V.V. is near.
Q. The reason for Suzaku's physical ability? Will it be explained in S1?
A. Right now it's close to an inside setting. It was given while he's a child.
Q. Please talk about Suzaku's mother. Is there any setting for her?
A. There might be supplementation in DVD special (picture drama & the booklets) or CD drama (Sound Episodes).
*personal note* Everytime FO says "supplementation", he only count the DVD special and CD drama.

However, looks like there are too many things they want to put in the drama and had to let go of some.
It turned out that nothing about Suzaku's mom was ever told in any media (canon or not) or interviews.

> 2007/03/24 <
Q. Is Suzaku's secret (physical ability? Geass?) taken to S2?
A. It's something that could be figured out from C.C.'s monologue.

> 2007/04/14 <
Q. Is the person Suzaku sees (the glowing dots on Gawain's shoulder) V.V. or C.C.? And why can he see it?
A. It's C.C.. The reason is the same as why Lelouch can see C.C. in episode 1. It's the talent for geass.

About Geass
> 2006/12/24 <
Q. Will the great spiritual world (the nickname PASH! gave for the place C.C. and Emperor is communicating with) take a lot of screentime?
A. As an element of the storyplot, I think it'll take about as much percentage of time as it is now. But at least we won't suddenly jump to "Jupiter arc" or "spiritual arc".

> 2007/03/24 <
Q. Is the change in Lelouch's Geass a merit or demerit for him?
A. Both. It's also a trial for him.
Q. Is the person the Emperor was praising (in Ep22) Lelouch?
A. Yes.
Q. Did Lelouch's Geass chance because it's used to its limit? Or was it an aftermyth of the ruins?
A. It might be because it's used to the limit. But it's also because Lelouch has very high potential in his Geass.

> 2007/04/14 <
Q. How does C.C. recognize a potential Geass user? Is it talent? Why was Lelouch and Mao chosen?
A. The key lies in the blood. There's also something to do with where the person grew up in.

And there's no such thing about Geass evolve.

[rant] The "Lelouch's geass will evolve", "get 2nd ability", "Lelouch will meet more geass users and kill them all" crap came from a daydreamer. No such spoiler ever existed. That dope who claimed these came from an interview left and never came back after folks here found out he's lying. Every spoiler in his post is not true. If you don't know who I'm talking about, don't bother to look for those junk anyway. It only hinders your thought. [/rant]
Thanks.

Very interesting about Suzaku. Maybe Marioshinobi's idea isn't far off from the truth. Though the question right after that seems to discredit the idea in some ways. Since they say his abilities were "given" as a child to him, perhaps he had some encounter with someone like C.C. (I doubt she actually met him since I think she would have remembered). The last answer seems to indicate that his abilities have more to do with the geass than anything else.

Which one of C.C.'s monologues are they talking about?

I take it they mean that white place right? Or is it that weird place the Emperor is always in? Anyway, I was not really expecting it to get that much more screentime as before, though I wonder where it is that we'll have a final showdown at.

I suppose the trial is whether he can overcome it rather than letting it overcome him. I'm hoping, and rather expecting, that it will be the former. Does the higher the potential possibly allow it to become more powerful faster? That last answer almost makes it sound as if the environment (his mother being killed, sister being injured, and being sent to Japan) was all planned out and staged in order to develop his potential, which worries me in a lot of ways.
Old 2008-02-06, 00:07   Link #431
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Which one of C.C.'s monologues are they talking about?
I take it they mean that white place right? Or is it that weird place the Emperor is always in? Anyway, I was not really expecting it to get that much more screentime as before, though I wonder where it is that we'll have a final showdown at.
This answer was given after the air of Ep22. It could be any monologue before Ep22.

By grand spiritual world, PASH was referring to where/what C.C. & Emperor were talking to. Although it's not clearly given in anime, the DS game marked it "World of C".
But FO doesn't read those magazines. So he might be talking about all the geass related place (World of C + Twilight Hall + that zone Lelouch and Suzaku falls in after C.C. touches them) altogether. I doubt if he meant only the World of C, since WoC hardly took any screentime at all.

The rest should go to Spoilers and Speculations thread I guess. ^^;
Old 2008-02-06, 00:15   Link #432
digi.amuro

Just curious, what all do we know about V.V.?
Old 2008-02-06, 00:39   Link #433
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Just curious, what all do we know about V.V.?
All we know is he's a brat who enjoys making things more complicated, knows a lot about Geass but ain't telling, can telepathy just like C.C., and he was the one who teleported Lelouch and the others to Kaminejima in Ep18.
We don't even know if he's a geass giver or a geass user, or who and how he's related to this.

In choosing the VA for him, Taniguchi chose a kid w/o much experience because he wants the "cruel yet innocent" feeling of a child.

Spoiler for slight spoiler in DS game:
Spoiler for BIG spoiler in FO's comment on the relationship between V.V. and C.C.+Lelouch:

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-02-06 at 01:10.
Old 2008-02-06, 01:05   Link #434
digi.amuro

Ah ok. Thanks for that.
Old 2008-02-06, 06:39   Link #435
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
All we know is he's a brat who enjoys making things more complicated, knows a lot about Geass but ain't telling, can telepathy just like C.C., and he was the one who teleported Lelouch and the others to Kaminejima in Ep18.
We don't even know if he's a geass giver or a geass user, or who and how he's related to this.

In choosing the VA for him, Taniguchi chose a kid w/o much experience because he wants the "cruel yet innocent" feeling of a child.

Spoiler for slight spoiler in DS game:
Spoiler for BIG spoiler in FO's comment on the relationship between V.V. and C.C.+Lelouch:
Well, no surprise there. Tnaks for the answer. I wonder when we'll see him again. I think the events of 24-25 will prove him an antagonist in C.C.'s eyes even if she did tolerate him before. Of course she would have to learn it was him. I think we need someone who could act as C.C.'s antithesis and I think he could fill such a role.

For the record, how much of the DS games could be considered canon? Do the expanded World of C conversations count as well as the one line Marianne had in that white area?

Also, did Taniguchi have any conditions for how he picked the VA's for C.C. and the Emperor?

Last edited by Dann of Thursday; 2008-02-06 at 14:44.
Old 2008-02-07, 05:56   Link #436
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
For the record, how much of the DS games could be considered canon? Do the expanded World of C conversations count as well as the one line Marianne had in that white area?
Only that Marianne's line is confirmed. The others will have to wait if someone can get the storyboard for those episodes to make sure.
Seeing how the whole script is taken directly from the anime (just the 1st round of course), and it matches part of the truth we know (ep19 C.C. is talking to V.V., Ep12 to someone other than V.V. and Marianne), I don't think they made those up. But there's no concrete proof.
Quote:
Also, did Taniguchi have any conditions for how he picked the VA's for C.C. and the Emperor?
In last month's interview, Taniguchi said Yukana has the "queen" aura of C.C.

As for the Emperor, no comment were made about him.
To tell you the truth, although Wakamoto has a very solemn voice, it has been a while time since he voices a "serious" character. His characters recently are mostly either crazy or a comedy relief. It wouldn't surprise me if the Emperor turned out to be... um... not so serious.
Old 2008-02-07, 07:00   Link #437
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Only that Marianne's line is confirmed. The others will have to wait if someone can get the storyboard for those episodes to make sure.
Seeing how the whole script is taken directly from the anime (just the 1st round of course), and it matches part of the truth we know (ep19 C.C. is talking to V.V., Ep12 to someone other than V.V. and Marianne), I don't think they made those up. But there's no concrete proof.

In last month's interview, Taniguchi said Yukana has the "queen" aura of C.C.

As for the Emperor, no comment were made about him.
To tell you the truth, although Wakamoto has a very solemn voice, it has been a while time since he voices a "serious" character. His characters recently are mostly either crazy or a comedy relief. It wouldn't surprise me if the Emperor turned out to be... um... not so serious.
Only Marianne's line, eh? Well, I think that line could serve as a big clue to Marianne myself.

Wakamoto can do very well with Villains in the work I've seen him do. Lately he has been doing more comedic and crazy roles, this is true, but I've seen him do serious villain roles before. Besides, the Emperor might turn out to be crazier than we thought.
Old 2008-02-08, 12:12   Link #438
Isegrim

Is there any information about the britannian flag / coat of arms?
I can explain the lion (referring to England?) and the crown (looking like the one of the British crown jewels) to myself, but what about the snake, the two small wings and the leafs looking like parsley ( ) ?
Old 2008-02-08, 12:44   Link #439
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Is there any information about the britannian flag / coat of arms?
I can explain the lion (referring to England?) and the crown (looking like the one of the British crown jewels) to myself, but what about the snake, the two small wings and the leafs looking like parsley ( ) ?
The lion is the symbol of power. The snake is the symbol of wisdom.
The snake swallowing lion figure is a variation of Ouroboros, which represents eternal recurrence, infinity, and union of the truth and knowledge.

From the official newsletter #18.
Old 2008-02-08, 22:37   Link #440
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Koshimizu, what has been said regarding C.C.? Things like her past, name, her relationship with Marianne, the contract, and how things between her and Lelouch will go from here?

Sorry for the trouble.

Tags
q&a