AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 58 51.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 30.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-03, 18:19   Link #81
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
They most likely folded with the Vajra capital ships. Alto and Ranka well there are several different possibilities for them in the future.

>> <<

When I saw Grace do what she did, I couldn't help but think of Belldandy going apeshit on Keiichi and co (same Seiyuu). She can voice such a Goddess so innocently but can also manipulate her voice to do a complete psychopath. Skill... its wonderful, yet scary.
The next epsiode is going to be really interesting like I said before we are finally getting to the meat of the story.

Also that is a sign of a true professional...It's a real shame a lot of english voice actors can't be the same way...
Old 2008-07-03, 18:30   Link #82
ani_d

lol First of all, I never thought he had a chance but...

Spoiler:

I think this episode just set a standard on what Macross Frontier should be about. The suspense, the tension, the plot twist, the romance, and the action are just perfect. I was expecting a lighthearted LT drama like in Star Date but it took a different route for the better. It just became more meaningful and relevant, imo.

Spoiler for another long episode 13 ramblings:

Great episode all in all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

RIP

Just when you thought these guys are going help in the end, Grace kills them all.

Something tells me Grace isn't human or a mere cyborg at all but an AI.

In Macross Plus people were fine with sentient AI but AI with illegal emotion chips were considered dangerous.

Grace doesn't care if you're human, Zentran or Vajra.
I condole. I can't believe those Zentradis were just killed like that after a fun episode. Even in their last breath, all they could say is deculture.
Old 2008-07-03, 18:48   Link #83
Winchester

The US has plenty of actors who could do the job well, but most of those are already well established as live action actors. Also, with dub work, creative input from the voice actors is pretty much zilch, which is kind of off-putting. Which is why dub anime gets whatever voice talent will do the job at the rate the studio will pay, rather than the best voice for the given role.

The way to get really nice voice acting is to get the actors to see it as something that will contribute to their stardom, which means getting it on prime-time TV or the big screen....

SP
Old 2008-07-03, 18:52   Link #84
Key Board
Carbon

If you remember, in the earlier episodes a lone Vajra managed to hide itself in one of Frontier's wrecked hulls.

I think it laid an egg there which became our green friend.

As for Grace. Can we even be sure if it's her real body and not some remote controlled puppet?
Granted, I probably watched too much Ghost in the Shell, but it seems possible with Frontier's level of technology.
Old 2008-07-03, 18:54   Link #85
kari-no-sugata

I wonder how long Grace has been Sheryl's manager for. Since the start? This might seem implausible at first, but Sheryl could well be the child of someone important - and Grace knew this all along. Grace also has Brera under her thumb and I don't think that'd be possible if she hadn't been deeply involved in shady dealings for a long time.

As a side note, Grace seemed to have considered Ranka important but not critical (during the ep at least).
Old 2008-07-03, 18:58   Link #86
Terra

ok

Well that ep certainly didn't go how I expected it. Preview certainly gave no hints.

Anyway, I really would like to know what Leon and Luca were talking about since Luca didn't look happy.

That device Grace used was by LAI, so what exactly are they up to?

I'm wondering if Sheryl could throw a spanner in Grace's plans which is why she stuck with her and wanted her dead. She could control Sheryl up to the point where she could become a problem and then get rid of her. Travelling with Sheryl certainly gave her easy access to many places with no questions asked.
Old 2008-07-03, 18:58   Link #87
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

This episode I gave it a 10 because of Brera >_<

I hope he doesn't die. I love the part where he points the (robot) gun at Alto and said he won't let him touch that girl (if my Japanese is not wrong LOL)

P.S. Now that little green cute creature grows arms....and hope it doesn't turn into something ugly TT_TT

Edit: Yep, my Japanese was way~~~~~~~off. =_=' Brera said "You don't suit that girl"

P.S. 2: I need to practice a lot more LOL.

Last edited by Lugia_Tsuyu; 2008-07-04 at 22:30.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:02   Link #88
zalem

The body on Galia? Oh I'm betting that's not her real body. She ain't dead, that's for sure. Grace probably uploaded herself to some other body.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:05   Link #89
Key Board
Carbon

I'm starting to wonder of Sheryl was cloned in a vat, really.

All her memories could well as be fake.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:08   Link #90
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm starting to wonder of Sheryl was cloned in a vat, really.

All her memories could well as be fake.
Considering the twists and turns this show has gone through, anything is possible at this point.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:11   Link #91
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I think the question that's really on everyone's mind...

did Ranka ever get to go to the bathroom?!?!?!
Old 2008-07-03, 19:19   Link #92
Terra

Well her need was gone when she came round. And random thought that it might of been whatever it is inside of her that caused the need to go so she'd seperate from Alto so she could be taken.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:19   Link #93
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I think the question that's really on everyone's mind...

did Ranka ever get to go to the bathroom?!?!?!
My thoughts exactly! UTI is not fun.

We certainly don't have a hint so far that Sheryl is not human, but I'm willing to bet on anything at this point since we have no idea how she met Grace and all that. Right now, I'm just so shocked at Grace's revealed capabilities here.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:28   Link #94
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Frontier just kicked into third gear folks......let's hope it's a six speed engine. WOW.

Perfect ten from me.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:34   Link #95
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

RIP

Just when you thought these guys are going help in the end, Grace kills them all.

Something tells me Grace isn't human or a mere cyborg at all but an AI.

In Macross Plus people were fine with sentient AI but AI with illegal emotion chips were considered dangerous.

Grace doesn't care if you're human, Zentran or Vajra.
In true Macross fashion the innocent are wiped out in the blink of an eye.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:39   Link #96
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
In true Macross fashion the innocent are wiped out in the blink of an eye.
Well at least they got a chance to scream "Yaku Deculture!!!" before they perished.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:52   Link #97
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

And we are left with the knowledge that, we have another 7 days until the next Macross installment.

Isn't life a pain. . .

- Tak (This episode screams DYRL all over, Ranka kidnapped, Sheryl & Mikhail trying to find the two people, warp malfunction. . .)
Old 2008-07-03, 20:00   Link #98
zalem

So Alto was left by the planet, right? I didn't see him hitch a ride with the Vajra like Sheryl and Michel did. I doubt he'll die, but I wonder what he's going to do just floating around out there.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:09   Link #99
ani_d

lol the thought of Alto floating around is a little funny. Either he'll hitch a ride with someone--Brera? Or SMS fleet will get to where he is using LAI technology. But seeing how they don't know where the Vajra folded to, it would be boring if Alto doesn't make it to the ship and ends up fighting some Vajras instead while Mikhail and Sheryl do the actual rescue.

I'm still a little confused since I only saw the RAW, but did they ever reveal where the main vajra ship folded to? Frontier?
Old 2008-07-03, 20:10   Link #100
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And we are left with the knowledge that, we have another 7 days until the next Macross installment.

Isn't life a pain. . .

- Tak (This episode screams DYRL all over, Ranka kidnapped, Sheryl & Mikhail trying to find the two people, warp malfunction. . .)
Depression was the first thing I felt after the giddiness at watching the episode. 7 days...and then we have to wait another 7 days and so on and so forth until we get to the end of the series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
So Alto was left by the planet, right? I didn't see him hitch a ride with the Vajra like Sheryl and Michel did. I doubt he'll die, but I wonder what he's going to do just floating around out there.
I figure he made it to the fold booster that was floating around in space before he got hit.
Closed Thread