AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 157 46.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 26.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 17.01%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 6.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.19%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-22, 05:18   Link #281
Kyourin
garbage collector

doesn't this deserve to be back on the Current Running series ^_____^

I loved the time loop travel XD
Old 2009-05-22, 05:34   Link #282
Tatakae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And in Clannad and Kanon as well.

They've been doing that SINCE Haruhi, really. To be expected.
Sorry to dissapoint you, but I've just checked episode 2 and 3 from the first season yesterday and there are simply not as many shots with angles from a high viewpoint and far distance as in this new episode. They used more mid-distance shots with traditional angles.

(Yes, I know KyoAni uses this kind of angles heavily in a later episode of Haruhi and also in their newer productions. I just compared this episode with the first episodes of the first season).
Old 2009-05-22, 05:39   Link #283
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyourin View Post
doesn't this deserve to be back on the Current Running series ^_____^
It will in time, Klashikari stated in this post the reason:http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=4563
Quote:
Finally, the sub-forum of Haruhi will most likely be back on "current series" but only in due time. The fact the new episode has been aired today doesn't mean the need to put that forum back to current series is that urgent. It doesn't prevent all of you to discuss normally. Consequently, please be patient.
Plus, if theories are correct, the next few episodes will again be repeats. So technically this show won't be 'current' for a while again.
Old 2009-05-22, 05:58   Link #284
christinemarie
Crazy One

I already expected it (my thought B failed since it's supposed to air in the joke Haruhi-chan anime) since there's one goal for Ko-Ani and that's originality, element of surprise, and unique element not present on the past anime (if they really want this to be more epic bring Kyon-ko to life as a filler in the anime and guaranteed no one would complain) If they do that neatly this would be the blast of the past.

They will follow the story step by step so chapters not animated supposed to be in between of the other episodes would be animated. This explains everything. Kudos to Kyo-Ani for everything.

There would be another epic ending everyone should be shock. The ending song for the episode is okay, but fans shouldn't expect it to be the ending song.
Old 2009-05-22, 06:18   Link #285
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
For the character designs, I find everyone looking shorter than before lol

For the girls, their hair has gotten bigger, so they're heads look even bigger than before.

For guys, especially Kyon, he just seemed to have a shorter body, maybe because of larger hair volume as well.

But as long as they're animated and moving like they used to, there's nothing bad.
All of them is just a habit of Nishiya, who is animation director of this episode. Watch Melancholy IV, Mystérique Sign and his illustrations, and you'll see he's done it since the old Haruhi. Especially, the hair thing is very important. Once you get the point, you can distinguish his episodes from others by it even in Lucky Star or K-On!
Old 2009-05-22, 06:55   Link #286
Kirarakim

Yay Haruhi is back well sort of. I am just happy to get new episodes here and there even if it is not an entirely new season yet.

Anyways I didn't notice that the animation wasn't as good as the original series. I guess it doesn't bother me either way. I just enjoyed seeing all these characters again. I read this story in the novels but it was really fun seeing it animated. And although it's been awhile since I read it I kept thinking ah yes I remember that. Now I am sort of pumped up to read the rest of the novels since I stopped at No. 7.

But since this aired within the old season I sort of worry how they are going to release these new episodes on DVD. Hopefully you don't have to buy the 1st series again to get the new episodes.
Old 2009-05-22, 07:08   Link #287
Justin Kim
*Artist

The subs are out, just look around everybody! .
Old 2009-05-22, 07:15   Link #288
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm thinking the animation might not be as good since while they were working on this episode, they were also working on K-on.

Let's wait to see what we get in the next new episode.
Old 2009-05-22, 07:20   Link #289
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i just finished watching the ep
its been 3 years
and now i remember exactly why this show made such an impact back then
i remember the reason i was looking forward to it for so long

absolutly fantastic episode that captured perfectly every crazy aspect of this show that i loved so much
the rapid fire kyon snarkazem
the odd ball haruhi behavior
mikuru's cowering cuteness
koizumi's wierd as hell jokes (the king in the pocket thing was headscratchingly funny)
the "what the fuck is going on" si-fi under tones
and of course, yuki
a character that can steal the scene by BLINKING

awesomeness
Old 2009-05-22, 07:43   Link #290
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Wonderfulwonderfulwonderfulwonderfulwonderful. Real art: the effect was more than the sum of it parts -- although the parts were great, too. Great voice work all around. See what Hirano can do? Sugita Tomokazu and Ono Daisuke were just spot on. And Gotou Yuuko, over the top as she is, gave us the true Asahina ("cute"). Chihara Minori is perfect just not acting.

Not a single complaint from me about the animation. The ED was fairly meh, both in the song and the animation, but that's a small price to pay. Another indication of what KyoAni lost with Yamakan, however.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-22 at 08:08.
Old 2009-05-22, 08:04   Link #291
Takuto19
Yarrrr

After all the waiting the episode just blends in well with the others, art was fantastic, good to see they put a lot of time and effort into it.

Loved Mikuru in this episode, just so cute. Ending song was great as well, surprised there wasn't a new OP but it doesn't matter.

Really got me into waiting for some more episodes now, can't wait!
Old 2009-05-22, 08:07   Link #292
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post
Ending song was great as well, surprised there wasn't a new OP but it doesn't matter.
I think there will be when the official Disappearance episodes start airing. There techincally wasn't an OP on this ep at all. I expect the next new ep(probably endless eight) will have the same style of opening as this one. Again, just my suspisions.
Old 2009-05-22, 08:18   Link #293
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Finally it's out...

Will wait till all are finished then will marathon Haruhi.

Also...

Kyon - "My birthday is on..."
Haruhi - "I don't care..."

LOL!

The ending well...been used to Hare-Hare, hoping it'll grow on me.
Old 2009-05-22, 08:34   Link #294
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the last ep of the first season aired 3 years ago
this first ep of the second season takes you back to 3 years ago in the show's time
and then picks up right where it left off (or rather, in the middle)

how symbolic is that
Old 2009-05-22, 08:46   Link #295
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Honestly... I didn't really like this one all that much. For the first new episode in nearly three years, this fell a bit short of my expectations. Sure, it had a few amusing parts(mostly involving Mikuru freaking out), and loli-Haruhi was cute, but that hardly makes up for the wait.

I'm not going to apply a rating, as I might be giving it a bit too much criticism, but for right now, it isn't really high on my list of favorite episodes. Sorry if I've offended anyone with my negativity.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-05-22, 08:54   Link #296
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Having read Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody online I knew what was going to happen already. That said, I wasn't sure what to expect if/when it finally got animated.

Apparently what I should have expected was something made of massive amounts of win and gold. That was simply awesome. Welcome back, Haruhi. It's good to see you again. 10/10 for me.
Old 2009-05-22, 08:54   Link #297
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

look at it this way
considering what your expectations probably were
could ANY episode match them
Old 2009-05-22, 09:06   Link #298
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
look at it this way
considering what your expectations probably were
could ANY episode match them
Hm... It's hard to say, really. For me, BLR relied heavily on Kyon's descriptive narration, and that was unfortunately what ended up being lost when it came time to be animated.

But as I said, I might just be going a bit hard on the episode. After all, it marked the return of Nagato's glasses (for about three minutes )
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-05-22, 09:10   Link #299
typhonsentra

And I know I'm almost certainly not the first to complain about this but goddamn does the new ending suck or what? So cheap in both animation and music quality. Worse yet, they have such a wide cache of quality character songs and they went with something so forgettable and on top of that it's barely animated? I can't believe they'd just say "Fuck it!" like this to everyone's expectations after both the Hare Hare Yukai, especially after they gave such an amazing ending to K-On!
Old 2009-05-22, 09:14   Link #300
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

It isn't that bad
Closed Thread