AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-29, 22:00   Link #1361
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't know how there's still an Evil Shiro running around.

But I now know that the reason why Weissman decided to blow himself up is because he no longer needs the 50-odd year old body he has. His theme is "the eternal", and based on this, he is probably able to transfer his soul from one body to another making him truly immortal. Just like Orochimaru.

Heck, the experimentation, the theme of "the eternal", the longing for chaos, and his linkage to a famous creature in Japanese folklore (the Yamata no Orochi and possibly the youkai Hagoromo Gitsune) make the two all too similar.

There's still a likelihood of Neko and Shiro as successful products of an experiment linked to Weissman as well. Maybe Weissman created a "too perfect" subject and plans to get rid of him, or Weissman deliberately threw him off Himmelreich as the wrench on the gears that is the peace among the Kings.

Also, with BRS TV fresh on my mind and with what happened in the Railgun manga, how they "recall" someone and ending up not fully recalling said person make it seem that their memories are suppressed rather than erased completely.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2012-11-29 at 22:20.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:41   Link #1362
mistress_kisara

Spoiler:
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:55   Link #1363
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I don't know how there's still an Evil Shiro running around.

But I now know that the reason why Weissman decided to blow himself up is because he no longer needs the 50-odd year old body he has. His theme is "the eternal", and based on this, he is probably able to transfer his soul from one body to another making him truly immortal. Just like Orochimaru.
Weissman's power is not "eternal" but "unchanging" The word used in this episode is "不変" which means the lack of change.
Eternal would be "永遠", which is not the term Munakata used when describing Weissman's element.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 03:15   Link #1364
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Looks great, moves superbly, sounds OK... I hope from the second episode onward it would be more than bishounen pretending to be cool.
I tried to watch the first episode. . .

First the bad Engirsh

the "trying too hard to be cool "slow walking scenes"

the "Sword of Damocles" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(that almost made me delete this show right there.)

the nail in the coffin was the nonsense scene of that one girl chasing the silver head dude around, and all of a sudden *INSERT RANDOM NAKED GIRL TO KEEP YOU WATCHING* after that I just clicked delete.

such a shame too as the animation was amazing, but the show itself just seemed insulting. 1/10 (10 points for the animation, -9 for "Sword of Damocles")
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 03:39   Link #1365
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

I was reading through this really detailed and cool post on the chinese forums summarizing why Shiro is practically confirmed to be the Silver King.

But amongst all the points raised, my favorite has to be the one regarding the Sword of Damocles, that I summarized here.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 03:48   Link #1366
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Weissman's power is not "eternal" but "unchanging" The word used in this episode is "不変" which means the lack of change.
Eternal would be "永遠", which is not the term Munakata used when describing Weissman's element.
Oh, so that's why I heard "fuhen" during that conversation. That's what I get for watching on Animax.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 04:08   Link #1367
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I tried to watch the first episode. . .

First the bad Engirsh

the "trying too hard to be cool "slow walking scenes"

the "Sword of Damocles" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(that almost made me delete this show right there.)

the nail in the coffin was the nonsense scene of that one girl chasing the silver head dude around, and all of a sudden *INSERT RANDOM NAKED GIRL TO KEEP YOU WATCHING* after that I just clicked delete.

such a shame too as the animation was amazing, but the show itself just seemed insulting. 1/10 (10 points for the animation, -9 for "Sword of Damocles")
Well, I'm tempted to explain how it gets better after ep 1(except the trying too hard to be cool I guess , but the sword of damocles is a good symbolism actually, not just something to look cool), but knowing how opinion prejudice works I won't bother.

I do agree though that they insert too little plot at ep 1 to hook some people who jus tried watching it to test the water though.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 04:47   Link #1368
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So Lt Kokujyouji became the Gold King? It's clear now why he shares such a close bond with Weissmann.

Also, Weissmann and Shiro's Damocles Sword being the same....yeah, that confirms it. Shiro is the Silver King and most likely Weissmann himself.

And Neko....she's really similar to Weismann's sister. Probable link?

I hope Mikoto doesn't die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
I was reading through this really detailed and cool post on the chinese forums summarizing why Shiro is practically confirmed to be the Silver King.

But amongst all the points raised, my favorite has to be the one regarding the Sword of Damocles, that I summarized here.
Yup. Weissmann and Shiro are far too similar. They even have the same voices.

Also....you follow Sound Horizon too?
Old 2012-11-30, 06:02   Link #1369
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I never fail to be surprised at what people think is lulz-worthy.

Characters who are supposed to be Japanese speaking English with an accent - HAHAHA ENGRISH (even though it was grammatically correct)

Sword of Damocles = HAHAHA WTF (but all that pretentious namedropping in other shows is A-OK? at least here the naming makes sense.)

Ah well, there's no point in trying to convince anyone by now. K is obviously no Tolstoy but at least it's trying something a bit different from the usual anime routine, and so far it's doing it well, too bad most people seem to want the usual anime routine.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 12:12   Link #1370
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
look at him hair color is not "white" and dont look like shiro hair too and i dont believe who neko and kuro gona help him enrage red king, and was showed he alone, and i dont believe who kuro gona leave him alone now, and i dont think this guy have that too many powers, body swap, mind control, and like neko make false memories because if u look the school guys something is stoping then remember of shiro when they try to remember they get confuse like some1 manipulate then and shiro not go to school anymore if u remember previous episode he told "bye" to school until the things get normall.
Of course his hair isn't white, that would be to easy. He of course would fool Neko and Kuro into helping him.

noobita- Same sword, same personality, how Shiro remembers being called "Weisman". It all just fits.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 16:52   Link #1371
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
Of course his hair isn't white, that would be to easy. He of course would fool Neko and Kuro into helping him.

noobita- Same sword, same personality, how Shiro remembers being called "Weisman". It all just fits.
man i think u need rewatch again the 9 episode(and stop when show the guy on phone and put some glasses) the guy in the telephone is not shiro is pretty clear who he is another guy, and again on episode 8 shiro told who he not gona back to school until he can clear his name.

And looks like "neko" is the reincarnation of weissman(shiro) big sister(same hairstile, hair color and based on the attachment of her with weissman and the neko music in ED), this the reason of neko feelings for shiro(she is a brocom) and maybe the attachment of shiro for her(if him really is the silver king)

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-11-30 at 17:10.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:07   Link #1372
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Also....you follow Sound Horizon too?
Yup, they're my favorites band, so I translated all their doujin and major releases.

Anyways, I tried to make a more comprehensive post that sums up most of the evidence presented in favor of the Shiro=Silver King theory. Please take a look if you're interested.
Old 2012-11-30, 19:01   Link #1373
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Yup, they're my favorites band, so I translated all their doujin and major releases.

Anyways, I tried to make a more comprehensive post that sums up most of the evidence presented in favor of the Shiro=Silver King theory. Please take a look if you're interested.
How do you like their work on Bravel Deafult?

On topic, I was thinking. Could Evil!Shiro has a way to bring Weissmann's sister back to life, which would explain their meeting.

Like say, if there is a way to retrive his sister's soul, and Evil!Shiro can use his power to swap the soul into the body.
Old 2012-11-30, 19:40   Link #1374
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

On topic, I was thinking. Could Evil!Shiro has a way to bring Weissmann's sister back to life, which would explain their meeting.

Like say, if there is a way to retrive his sister's soul, and Evil!Shiro can use his power to swap the soul into the body.
Ah, that's certainly a very interesting theory. Evil!Shiro might not even have the capability of reviving dead people, but as long as he can convince Weissman!Shiro of the fact, I could definitely see Weissman!Shiro letting evil!Shiro on the blimp...and we all knew what happened after that.

I thought Revo did a good job in composing his first RPG soundtrack. All the songs really sounded like music you'd expect from an RPG - and pretty good ones, at that. The album and single are definitely more than a little different from SH's usual work(for one, you don't see me posting tl;drs regarding "Bravely Default" theories, haha...), a lot more straightforward and pop-ish, but I love the melodies nonetheless. I know that some people couldn't stand the change though...
Old 2012-11-30, 19:56   Link #1375
chou

Hi! I've been lurking in this thread for a while, but couldn't resist posting.

Quote:
Nice post! I was already set on the Shiro = Weissmann theory after reading some speculations a few episodes back, but you noticed a lot of little details that add weight to the theory. I like the commentary at the end, too - hopefully Shiro gets his happy ending with Neko and Kuroh...

Quote:

That makes a lot of sense - it would explain why Weissmann had a doll made to look like his sister. The doll was probably meant as a vessel for her soul.

Also, a few observations:
-Shiro and Weissmann both use 'boku'. If I remember correctly, Evil Shiro used 'ore' in the video.

-In the first episode, Shiro is on the rooftop and suddenly says: "Japan is at peace. What a wonderful country!" Taken on its own, this seems like a pretty random statement, but if you realize that he's actually Weissmann and lost his sister in the war, it takes on a bit of irony. Or something.
chou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 20:56   Link #1376
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

That was a pretty good episode, everything is coming together and is soon to collide which I can't wait to see. I'm hoping it's not just 1 side versus the other, I really enjoy multiple factions all confronting each other at once
Old 2012-11-30, 21:48   Link #1377
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

And thus Neko was born? wwww

Don't think Evil Shiro would revive anyone though.

Weissmann's power is "unchanging" wonder what is Kokujyouji's though.

And what happened to Weissmann's sister. If say she was prevented from decomposing by the "unchanging" ability, shouldn't her body technically have survived the Himmelreich's crash

Quote:
I thought Revo did a good job in composing his first RPG soundtrack. All the songs really sounded like music you'd expect from an RPG - and pretty good ones, at that. The album and single are definitely more than a little different from SH's usual work(for one, you don't see me posting tl;drs regarding "Bravely Default" theories, haha...), a lot more straightforward and pop-ish, but I love the melodies nonetheless. I know that some people couldn't stand the change though...
Too bad I couldn't attend the Bravely Default concert due to school though....

EDIT: OK, just read your post. I hope Shiro's loneliness isn't resolved through him dying for to save everyone...possibly to stop an out of control Mikoto.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-12-01 at 00:15.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 00:38   Link #1378
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 9:

So many happenings on this episode... The Silver King is dead (although he might return one day), Mikoto is back...

Spoiler for Totsuka's killer:

Very crazy episode! I wonder what's next, a homo fight between Mikoto and Reishi?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 02:22   Link #1379
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Weissmann's power is "unchanging" wonder what is Kokujyouji's though.
Spoiler for Gold King:

Quote:
The album and single are definitely more than a little different from SH's usual work(for one, you don't see me posting tl;drs regarding "Bravely Default" theories, haha...), a lot more straightforward and pop-ish, but I love the melodies nonetheless. I know that some people couldn't stand the change though...
Though, the story element is still strong. Go play the game once and come back and listen to the lyric again. The synchronicity with the plot is soooo high.
Old 2012-12-01, 03:07   Link #1380
GundamZZ
残念美人

After watching episode 9, I can be sure that they play way too many suggestive men kissing! I just don't see it as the good strategy for boosting DVD sale. Why work so hard to break into a niche of niche market.
i
In the meantime, the story is getting interesting. The Red King is continuing his friend's vengeance journey. The Blue King loses face since the helicopter accident, but he is not giving up. The Gold King is upset about losing an old friend, but he still grants the wish to Blue King. The "immortal" Silver King is dead, or is he? The Colorless King tries to attack Red King, but his plan is backfired. His ability is probably possess other people, or the body snatcher thing. An unlucky student was burned in the dorm. His ability is unknown. Since Black Dog is student of former Colorless King, maybe he knows the answer. Maybe the Neko girl is associated with Colorless King. She can manipulate other people's senses and feed them fake memory. She can even perform psychotherapy on Shiro!

My final impression is it shares similar attributes with other show. The Seven Color Kings reminds me about Accel World's Color Kings. Those color may suggests the sentai anime(ie Voltron). The color gangs has the similar to color gangs in DRRR. Finally, the Neko girl's ability is like the Campus Queen of To Aru Index.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural