AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-14, 02:00   Link #1
magicalspin

Chidori an assassination technique?

How is that the Chidori is an assassination technique? It's so loud...
magicalspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 02:02   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

No one ever said it was a good assassination technique, just a powerful one...
Anyway I'm sure this has been talked about before. Next time use the search button or risk the wrath of bored forum member's flames.
Old 2004-04-14, 02:03   Link #3
magicalspin

Okay.. i'll keep that in mind. I guess.. let the flaming begin?
magicalspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 02:09   Link #4
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

hehe ^^

I got a tame avatar
Old 2004-04-14, 02:56   Link #5
Taskmage

It's an assassination technique because you move so fast it takes a Sharingan to be able to see while doing it, and it's powerful enough to kill in one blow. That's the theory anyway. Yeah, Haku is fast enough to get in front of it from across the bridge, but he was so fast even a Sharingan had a hard time keeping up with him. Yeah, Gaara took two or three of them dead on and lived but he's ... well, he's a badass, I guess.
Taskmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 03:39   Link #6
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmage
It's an assassination technique because you move so fast it takes a Sharingan to be able to see while doing it, and it's powerful enough to kill in one blow. That's the theory anyway. Yeah, Haku is fast enough to get in front of it from across the bridge, but he was so fast even a Sharingan had a hard time keeping up with him. Yeah, Gaara took two or three of them dead on and lived but he's ... well, he's a badass, I guess.
haha. Love your choice of words.

Well, Sasuke kind of missed his head. I think if Gaara got nailed in the head, it's over for him and his bud shakuku.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 09:54   Link #7
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmage
Actually, you need to sharingan to be able to read the opponents counter attack / evasion, and therefore make sure the blow lands.

Go back to the bridge and rewatch, when Kakashi uses raikiri, it makes very little noise at all, I'd guess thats something that comes with practise.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 10:01   Link #8
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Actually, you need to sharingan to be able to read the opponents counter attack / evasion, and therefore make sure the blow lands.

Go back to the bridge and rewatch, when Kakashi uses raikiri, it makes very little noise at all, I'd guess thats something that comes with practise.
maybe it comes with speed too, the sound I mean... I guess it doesn't make that much sound when you have enough chackra to be able to do while your' standing still...???
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 11:19   Link #9
DJ*

Kakashi seems to use it smartly (i.e. summoning the dogs to hold Zabuza down before he used it) the only time he just started to use it stupidly was when he lost his cool infront of Orochimaru. Sasuke just seems to use it as and when he feels, with little regard to it getting evaded.

By assassination, I just assumed it to mean a technique thats a one hit killer.
Old 2004-04-14, 12:43   Link #10
Shadamehr

I'm not entirely sure of this, but I think that the word in japanese that is often translated to 'assassin' doesn't always mean exactly what you would think it means in english. I think an 'assassination technique' is just any technique designed to kill, and stealth isn't really important.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 12:48   Link #11
PaintBaller

I thought kakashi used the dogs to find him as well, there was a thick fog and he did not know where that guy was hiding.
PaintBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 12:52   Link #12
DJ*

Do you seriously think Kakashi would use chidori on Zabuza when he's moving about?
Old 2004-04-14, 12:53   Link #13
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBaller
I thought kakashi used the dogs to find him as well, there was a thick fog and he did not know where that guy was hiding.
completely true! but, nobody ever said it wasn't, by the way...

(to the guy above me): yes. I do, cos' I think kakashi is way faster with his chidori then Zabuza. except in a fog of course,where there is the mist-concealement-technique danger....
Old 2004-04-14, 12:58   Link #14
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ*
Do you seriously think Kakashi would use chidori on Zabuza when he's moving about?
yeah...and he still would have hit him. the mist made the margin of error too large, so as posted above, kakashi needed the dogs to find him
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 12:59   Link #15
DJ*

Not even worth trying to argue against that. I can already see how it'd go...

me: But Zabuza could evade it as its going to hit, or even just start to run about til it puts too much strain on him and the chidori runs out

whoever: But Kakashi would see the movement with the sharingan, adjust himself, and hit him anyway

me: then Kakashi + chidori = unbeatable

whoever: not against those faster then him

me: but sharingan can see the movement of those faster then him

whoever: whatever, it just wouldn't work

me: whatever...
Old 2004-04-14, 13:11   Link #16
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ*
Kakashi + chidori = unbeatable
and it's the jackpot for mister DJ*!!! it is known that chidori is the most powerful blade in Naruto-world ('it can cut through (practically) everything'), so I guess giving the best sword in the world to one of the best ninja's in the world is quite close to unbeatable, yes...
Old 2004-04-14, 13:13   Link #17
Stereo Ninja

Send a message via AIM to Stereo Ninja
Sasuke is large and in charge.
Stereo Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:15   Link #18
DJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
and it's the jackpot for mister DJ*!!! it is known that chidori is the most powerful blade in Naruto-world ('it can cut through (practically) everything'), so I guess giving the best sword in the world to one of the best ninja's in the world is quite close to unbeatable, yes...
Then surely Orochimaru was as good as beaten when he was going to use it on him then? If not, bang goes your theory.
Old 2004-04-14, 13:24   Link #19
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ*
Then surely Orochimaru was as good as beaten when he was going to use it on him then? If not, bang goes your theory.
"close to unbeatable" "one of the best ninja's in the world" do I need to explain?
Old 2004-04-14, 13:26   Link #20
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
chidori is good, just as long as you dont get seen and pop outta nowhere.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote