AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-29, 18:15   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
Another visual novel romance?
Given that we barely get one a season these days, it's not as if the market is overflowing with them anymore. And of the ones that have been announced, there's actually a pretty good variety of genres covered (Campanella is more of a comedy/parody, Fortune Arterial is more of a plot-driven drama, Yosuga no Sora is more of an character-driven drama) so I don't think the market will be too saturated with clones. So yes, it's another visual novel romance, but one of the few not one of many.
Old 2010-05-29, 18:26   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I was expecting when you would show up, lure for your tastes as the story has the potential of being

And yes, if they go down that route, there is plenty of said theme. Sora and Haruka are actual siblings, twins at that, so if one is tired of being treated the "fake incest" card that is adopted siblings or similar devices typically used, this would likely be a title for you
And the good news continues... Tired of the fakes. "Onichan" loses so much of its appeal when they aren't even actual siblings.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 18:37   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
And the good news continues... Tired of the fakes. "Onichan" loses so much of its appeal when they aren't even actual siblings.
Assuming the anime does go down that path and follows the game faithfully (which would make sense, but we'll see), I actually think it could lead to some interesting if polarizing discussion. Suffice it to say it isn't just one of those "oh for no reason in particular his twin sister is totally in love with him because it's an eroge" things. It's not quite as serious as Koi Kaze, but there is at least some depth to it. So, perhaps something to look forward to; that's really all that can be said for now.

(Finished the game in the meantime; going through the Fandisk now.)
Old 2010-05-29, 18:43   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I sincerely hope there won't be any room for a discussion comparing it to Koi Kaze, one of my all time favorite series. That show is above and beyond daring. I'm now also tempted to play the game.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 05:16   Link #25
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The anime is to be broadcasted this Fall according to moonphase.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 20:00   Link #26
DanielSong39

I've only read the first chapter of the manga, and I'm already sold. This one looks like a winner and I have high hopes for this series.

Loved the brother-sister interaction. It looks like Haruka is a fairly decent guy and he already has several people vying for his affections. A little surprised that Akira, not Nao, is the second female on the cover - my guess is that Nao sees Haruka as a little brother.

If that's the case I think we're in for a Akira-Haruka-Kazuha love triangle with Sora serving as the elephant in the room. Stay tuned...

Ah, forgot about Ryouhei; I wouldn't be surprised if there was a double sweepstakes, with Ryouhei replacing Haruka in the aforementioned triangle. Like the comic potential of this one; if it has the drama to match, they could have a hit on their hands.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-06-09 at 08:09. Reason: Please don't double-post
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 08:11   Link #27
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
If that's the case I think we're in for a Akira-Haruka-Kazuha love triangle with Sora serving as the elephant in the room. Stay tuned...
Well, suffice it to say, you'll need more data before coming to this conclusion. You sort of pulled the possible plot out of thin air on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The anime is to be broadcasted this Fall according to moonphase.
Good news. Looking forward to getting more information about the production team.
Old 2010-06-11, 10:28   Link #28
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Do you add more anime scans in the July issue of Comp Ace ?
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 18:51   Link #29
FireChick

The manga for this is being scanlated on [mod edit: a site that lists scanlations of licensed manga]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-07-03 at 21:05. Reason: Please don't link to sites that provide licensed material
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 23:34   Link #30
DanielSong39

As far as I know, the manga is unlicensed... we'll see if the anime is picked up. For now, I'm enjoying the manga and looking forward to the anime.

It seems that Sora views Nao as her biggest threat. We'll see if any of the girls make a move on Haru; Nao and Akira look like the most likely candidates.
Old 2010-07-04, 02:46   Link #31
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I'm going to see the anime images please.
Old 2010-07-04, 11:24   Link #32
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I vaguely recall something about a VN which had real twincest from somewhere, now I know what title it is, lol.

To be honest I'm not all that impressed with the manga so far. It clings too much to its eroge roots, which means girls other than the *main girl* gets boring attention while the actual eroge would, I imagine, don't have those scenes when the player's playing another route. Not to mention that harems as a rule bore me. Nonetheless Haru isn't such a bad protagonist if he's allowed to stand on his own and not bound and shackled down by the It's-obvious-he-was-the-player-character-from-an-eroge syndrome.

I hope the anime handles it better. They'd better stick to Sora as the main focus at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
As far as I know, the manga is unlicensed... we'll see if the anime is picked up. For now, I'm enjoying the manga and looking forward to the anime.
I imagine FireChick is linking to an online manga reading site (I think I know which one since the scanlator specifically "authorized" a single site), which means a lot of other stuff that are indeed licensed in North America will also be linked.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:05   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
To be honest I'm not all that impressed with the manga so far. It clings too much to its eroge roots, which means girls other than the *main girl* gets boring attention while the actual eroge would, I imagine, don't have those scenes when the player's playing another route. Not to mention that harems as a rule bore me.
Like most games, there's a "Common Path" that introduces all of the heroines and provides some of the backstory for each. Even the game players need to get to know the heroines a bit before they pick the route they want to follow. Some of the characters backstories have impacts on each others routes as well, so some of the development is probably necessary if they're planning on following the game. (i.e. Sora's path in the game is only unlocked after you complete the other main routes, as you need to know some of that backstory first.) It's the challenge of adopting a multi-route game into a single timeline and still making sure everything's covered (plus, of course, not upsetting the fans of the other heroines... always a problem).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I imagine FireChick is linking to an online manga reading site (I think I know which one since the scanlator specifically "authorized" a single site), which means a lot of other stuff that are indeed licensed in North America will also be linked.
Yes, that's the issue.
Old 2010-07-04, 12:30   Link #34
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(i.e. Sora's path in the game is only unlocked after you complete the other main routes, as you need to know some of that backstory first.)
Not to nitpick , but you only needed to complete one (any) route in order to unlock Sora's

But yeah, this will obviously face the same old issue most VN transitions do - doing justice to all the heroines, while not overstepping certain boundaries (which potentially cuts down how much they can do with each route, depending how romance-related it is) so they can still wrap it up with a conclusive ending. Personally i prefer the approach when an anime focuses on a single heroine without bothering much to "do justice to the others" (Lamune), but i can see why that would leave some people unhappy.

At any rate, given the way the stories of these people connect within their gang, i would say it shouldn't be too hard to make an adaptation which focuses on the perceived main girl, while doing justice to the other stories at the same time. Obviously, how the staff handles it remains to be seen, but Yosuga no Sora is probably a fairly forgiving title to work with in that regard.
Old 2010-07-04, 12:50   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Twincest? I'm in. Thanks for the character descriptios, Skyfall! Fufu, Sora seems very... interesting, it was almost like reading a description of myself (I'm not that lazy though).

So, Sora is the most popular character in the game, but is she the main heroine? I just want to know what to expect from the anime. If she isn't the main, I'll brace myself for disappointment. Edit: got my answer through PM. Thanks again, Skyfall!

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-07-04 at 13:34.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 00:37   Link #36
DanielSong39

I think it's always good to maintain focus on the main heroine and the core story. Several adaptations did this in an effective manner. For example, To Heart used the "girl of the week" approach while keeping the focus on Hiroyuki and Akari, and to a lesser degree Shiho and Masashi. Canvas 2 was dictated almost entirely by the main love triangle, Hiroki, Elis, and Kiri - yet the other girls were used effectively as side characters. Lamune focused almost exclusively on the lead couple, but the other girls had their moments and remained likeable throughout. And D.C. ~ Da Capo managed to deliver several likeable female characters while keeping the focus on Jyunichi and his two pseudo-incestuous love interests.

So it can be done. I think the key is to home in on the main story while maintaining the personalities of the side girls and finding effective ways to use them as side characters. Every good dating sim adaptation I've seen has used this formula to some extent.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Given the setup of the story, I think characters like Akira, Kazuha, and Ryohei are good for livening up the story - but I'm much more interested in Sora's relationship with Haru and seeing how Nao fits in the equation. Nao seems to occupy the space exactly in between potential love-interest for Haru and onee-san to the two twins; let's see how this develops.
Old 2010-07-05, 10:07   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Not to nitpick , but you only needed to complete one (any) route in order to unlock Sora's
Oh, is that so? I thought you had to complete them all so the extra choice would appear. Guess not! (Could have maybe skipped a route in that case... )

Anyway, to the topic, I'll just say that the main enemy of all these adaptations in my mind is time. If they try to accomplish too much in the time available, they won't do justice to any given part. To me, using time well in a short story (I think of 12-13 episodes as short, anyway) means staying focused on the main thing and not being too "scatter-brained" (unless being scatter-brained is the point of the show, but in this show it shouldn't be). In practical terms, so long as they start moving seriously towards the conclusion by the 2/3 point, that might work. We'll see...
Old 2010-07-05, 12:54   Link #38
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Because the visual novel has no known, the anime will have at least 12 or 13 episodes to be more faithful of the visual novel than the manga.
Old 2010-07-06, 06:59   Link #39
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Found this while lurking around...seems like the staffs and CVs for the anime has been announced..

監督:高橋丈夫
シリーズ構成:荒川稔久
キャラクターデザイン:神本兼利
音響監督:岩浪美和
アニメーション制作:feel.

春日野悠:下野紘
春日野穹:田口宏子
天女目瑛:阪田佳代
依媛奈緒:いのくちゆか
渚一葉:小野涼子
乃木坂初佳:岡嶋妙
伊福部やひろ:田中涼子
倉永梢:峰岸由香里
中里亮平:中國卓郎

Have to check twice whether i got the series right or not... @@'''
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 09:30   Link #40
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
春日野悠:下野紘
Hiro Shimono? You've gotta be kidding me i hate that guy's voice, arggh...

A lot of unknown VAs this time better wait for the trailer first before judging them and hopefully the animation is good
farios is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation