AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2010-12-03, 18:15   Link #1241
FFavatar

Thinking along the same lines as my previous post....how awesome would it be if lawrence and horo rebuild yoitsu and set up lawrence's town shop in yoitsu!!! It would be a super happy happy ending but...I don't see too many good ones these days.
FFavatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 21:34   Link #1242
poleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFavatar View Post
Thinking along the same lines as my previous post....how awesome would it be if lawrence and horo rebuild yoitsu and set up lawrence's town shop in yoitsu!!! It would be a super happy happy ending but...I don't see too many good ones these days.

May be I'm wrong, but it looks like yoitsu not a human's place...
and midst of the snows and forests...
poleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:20   Link #1243
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What Lawrence knows of the legends of Yoitsu is that it was destroyed in some terrible event hundreds of years ago. This may coincide with Horo's dim memories of some supernatural bear thing splitting the pack up but best as I've been able to discern it isn't much clearer than that so far.
Old 2010-12-03, 22:47   Link #1244
Kamonichan

There has to have been something there, or had been something there at some point. Humans wouldn't trade stories of, "The desolate forest with nothing but snow, trees, and really big animals was destroyed." There is/was at some point probably some human establishment that is either where Holo is from or shares the name. Would be fun for Lawrence to just live with a bunch of Wisewolves.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 01:55   Link #1245
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Right, I didn't say Yoitsu was "nothing but trees" (though it may be only that now) ... only that whatever was there was destroyed centuries before. Whether there is anything there "now" (at the time of Horo and Lawrence) is, at yet, unknown though Lawrence seems to believe there is not much to be found. There may be nothing, there may be ruins, there may be a new town built on the old, there may be nothing but that which destroyed it all, but they're on their way to find out.
Old 2010-12-04, 06:47   Link #1246
FFavatar

You bring up a good point...if there was nothing there to beginning with why did Yoitsu even get named? Most of the northern towns don't seem to have been given names by the people who live there so there had to be foreigners going there to name it that. Example in vol 4 i believe its mentioned that native northerners say, "The town on the other side of the mountain" and don't know their own town's name. So either Yoitsu was a mountain which was named and used for referrence or it was a bustling town that outsiders came to at some point in the past. In the anime it shows Horo's memories of Yoitsu and her family as snow covered land / forest / mountainish so unless it was poetic license I think there prob was no city of Yoitsu to begin with.

My last comment wasn't saying there was a town of Yoitsu....but it'd be nice if Lawrence / Horo MADE a new city/ rebuilt Yoitsu so that Horo could once again live in her homeland and possibly find her lost family and also so Lawrence can settle down with Horo and still have his Dream of having a Town Shop.

Even if its a bitter sweet ending where Horo never does find her old family, she gets a new one with Lawrence =D. I think that'd be an awesome way to go with the story line. I think the story might go this way because the "Bittersweet" motif is used like crazy in the light novels so far. Plus Horo is too cute when she is gorging on apples / cookies / food / beer and trys to eat it all despite getting tired of it b/c of her pride as a Sage wolf. So I think the story would lose some of its charm if Horo was to live in Yoitsu as a wolf and not live with lawrence in a town of some sort where all the food and goodies are lol.
FFavatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 07:47   Link #1247
Kamonichan

There probably isn't anything there at the moment, or else Lawrence would have heard stories about a new settlement. Maybe. He doesn't do a lot of business in the North, but the scholar he talked to in vol. 3 (can't remember her name) didn't find any more information. Though from the anime, she seemed like have some of Holo's playfully teasing streak.

I need to rewatch the second season again. It's been far too long.
Old 2010-12-04, 12:42   Link #1248
poleno

Town may be named by name of famous holy man who was living alone (or was killed by wolfs in holy travel there. Or as a little religious place (meetings human with God wolfs). Or rare resource place, what was ended.

I'm falling in imagination, i guess. But it looks like facts, that in Yoitsu few Horo's like wolfs were living for a long time at least. May be a lot of wolfs like her. It's based, for ex, because she is in happy, that whey are survived.
And many standard (or untypical too) wolfs were living in it too. Because, for ex, we can see the picture with line of wolfs in the manga vol 2.
And may be Yoitsu was not a town-size, but a village only. A little famous, but not by wolfs.
Strange territory for me. That's why, I guess, the place where were living god wolfs and people is not a human's place. May be it was a wolverine village? It's joke ж)
And what is about dreams of Horo in the OVA. I remember, that she dreams about town on the mountain. Full of people(?), which forced her to manage the town.
but my read was far too long and i can have a muddle.

Last edited by poleno; 2010-12-04 at 13:02.
Old 2010-12-04, 13:11   Link #1249
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, the end is nigh.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 14:14   Link #1250
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Yeah, I saw that. I'm a little sad, but ah well, all good things must come to an end.
Old 2010-12-04, 15:10   Link #1251
poleno

But... i have hoped about S&W storyline 2... After "back home" advantage...
Old 2010-12-04, 15:32   Link #1252
Kamonichan

It mentions that Spice & Wolf short stories aren't out of the question, so we may see some epilogue chapters, a few "and here's what Holo, Lawrence, and their family(-ies) are doing right now." That would be kind sweet.
Old 2010-12-04, 16:08   Link #1253
poleno

it will be if we have a good final.
but if it is bad...
(want storyline 2)
Old 2010-12-04, 17:46   Link #1254
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Well, there are still three short stories that have not been put into volume format yet...

Hopefully those will be released prior to the "last" chapter. That would likely boost sales of that volume more so than it would if it were released after.

Also, I don't see those stories being released in volume format if they don't get released next.

But... I hope I'm wrong!
Old 2010-12-05, 02:19   Link #1255
Kaguya
an idler

This is an extract from the short preview about Vol.16 in "Dengeki Bunko Bootleg" E-mail.
Spoiler for ending:
There are three pieces of side stories which have not been collected by the paperback yet.

1. 行商人と鈍色の騎士 / Gyoshonin to Nibiiro no Kishi / Peddler and deep gray knight: It is the story before Lawrence meets with Holo.
2. 狼と灰色の笑顔 / Ookami to haiiro no egao / The wolf and the gray smiling face: It is another episode about coin.
3. Title -- unknown : Release day : December 10

If there is one more newly-written work, "SIDE COLORS IV" is possible.
I wish for the newly-written work being a story about the future of Lawrence and Holo.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 02:46   Link #1256
Kamonichan

Hmmm. All this news on the last volume, and still nothing on a S3. Why do you toy with my emotions, Japan?
Old 2010-12-05, 08:16   Link #1257
Rajura

Of course, there is also the 狼と星色の遠吠え (Ookami to Seishoku no Tooboe) from the Guide Book. Forgive me if my kanji to roomanji is off. I have a bad habit of mixing two systems... and my understanding is kanji is not great yet.

It would be nice for it to be included in Volume format (for everyone who does not have the Guide Book) if there were to be a "Side Colors IV" as Kaguya already mentioned.

And, the same goes for the very short 狼と金の麦穂 Ookami to Kin no Mugiho.

Fortunately, I have both those books, so...
Old 2010-12-05, 10:11   Link #1258
taichi-kun

So novel 16 will be the last one ,All good things must come to an end...

Could you please make a resume of the 3 or 4 extra stories you mentioned?

It would be great because I think they will never be adapted, but of course if you can't I will understand T.T
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 10:34   Link #1259
ShiroEV

that was a sad news
ShiroEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 13:00   Link #1260
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
So novel 16 will be the last one ,All good things must come to an end...

Could you please make a resume of the 3 or 4 extra stories you mentioned?

It would be great because I think they will never be adapted, but of course if you can't I will understand T.T

Ok, so to consolidate mine and Kaguya's info, the stories not put into Volume form yet are as follows:
1) 行商人と鈍色の騎士 (Gyoshonin to Nibiiro no Kishi)
2) 狼と灰色の笑顔 (Ookami to Haiiro no Egao)
3) TBA
4) 狼と星色の遠吠え (Ookami to Seishoku no Tooboe)
5) 狼と金の麦穂 Ookami to Kin no Mugiho
6) There is also a very "short story" of Spice and Wolf from Hasekura kindly posted by Kaguya a few pages back... so far, I only know of that one and it is on Moclock from Dengekitter and is titled 狼と文字制限 (Ookami to Moji Seigen). It is on page 61 of this thread. There may be more from Dengekitter that are different, I will look and see over the next few weeks if I can find any others or if this is indeed the only one.

Also, 4 and 5 appear in their own books, so there is a good chance that if you want them, you will have to buy the books... i.e. good chance they will not get the English treatment. So, everyone who wants to read 'em better brush up on their Nih.

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen