AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-05, 18:06   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Chapter 28 is actually my favorite chapter from the series so far, without a shadow of a doubt. The continued conversation between Kurosaki and Riko was truly breath taking. 29 chapter and 6 volumes in, and Dengeki Daisy's writing keeps on blowing me away. Incredible, truly incredible.
Old 2011-01-05, 19:34   Link #22
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Chapter 28 is actually my favorite chapter from the series so far, without a shadow of a doubt. The continued conversation between Kurosaki and Riko was truly breath taking. 29 chapter and 6 volumes in, and Dengeki Daisy's writing keeps on blowing me away. Incredible, truly incredible.
I also agree the writing is very good thus far....

Hmm ... I wonder if this will ever get an anime adaptation? It could be quite difficult to pull off atm I would think (maybe a bit like Umi no Misaki could be a difficult one at present) - but I wouldn't mind seeing an attempt once the story ... erm ... "rounds itself out" a bit more.

I would agree that the story takes a little while to "rev itself up", but when it does it hooks you in quite nicely (at least that is what it did for me).
Old 2011-01-05, 20:33   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's very rare for Shoujo manga to get an anime adaptation, and when it does it's very lucky. There's always a chance, though i'm just not going to get my hopes up that one might happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
I would agree that the story takes a little while to "rev itself up", but when it does it hooks you in quite nicely (at least that is what it did for me).
Personally i find that the pacing and interaction between Kurosaki and Teru at the start is some of the best we've seen in the genre. Plus it's always stayed on the same level, never rushed. Sure it's teasing, though it's beautiful. Oh so beautiful.
Old 2011-01-06, 07:43   Link #24
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's very rare for Shoujo manga to get an anime adaptation, and when it does it's very lucky. There's always a chance, though i'm just not going to get my hopes up that one might happen.

As much as I'd love to see an anime adaptation of Dengeki Daisy, if it isn't done properly like the faithful adaptations of Cross Game or Kimi ni Todoke I really don't want to see this wonderful manga trashed by a subpar anime adaptation which doesn't do the original source material justice.
I've seen to many of those "facepalm"adaptations ...A recent "good" example of the latter is the anime adaptation of Kaichou wa maid Sama, where they rushed through (or even skipped) the best (romantic) scenes between Misaki and Usui in favor of many wasted/pointless episodes animating almost every silly sidestory...
Anyway you (..Dengeki lovers..) can find summaries up to chapter 41.
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 13:40   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
can find summaries up to chapter 41.
Yeah i know, though i'm staying away. I'd rather experience this beautiful story as it should be done, instead of just reading summaries. Thanks for letting us know though.
Old 2011-01-06, 19:55   Link #26
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
As much as I'd love to see an anime adaptation of Dengeki Daisy, if it isn't done properly like the faithful adaptations of Cross Game or Kimi ni Todoke I really don't want to see this wonderful manga trashed by a subpar anime adaptation which doesn't do the original source material justice....
Totally agreed on this one....
Old 2011-01-12, 13:18   Link #27
Bern-san

just read 29, a very cute chapter, and the Christmas side story which was very funny although it was very short and sort of expected what was going to happen but still enjoyable

i agree about the anime, only if it is faithful i would watch it and i don't really care if we don't manage to get the anime. the manga just has wonderful art and story
Old 2011-03-14, 13:05   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Chapter 30 has been released.
Old 2011-03-15, 18:17   Link #29
boomerangnizorro

Black-haired Kurosaki doesn't look good at all.
boomerangnizorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 10:29   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Am I suppose to love it like a little girl when the mangaka likes to tease all of us with that scene when Teru talks to Kurosaki about that little problem?

Cause I am. Every damn moment of it.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 11:19   Link #31
yura`

I can't believe I didn't discover this earlier - this is definitely one of the best shoujo I've ever read. So, so, beautiful. I love how the relationship between Teru and Kurosaki is drawn: the pace is practically perfect, it's teasing, but in just the right amounts, and you hardly feel frustrated over its pacing. It's a real pleasure to read it, and simply be drawn in by the beautiful art and well-executed story.

The depth of the story is probably what really draws me in - it's somehow uniquely different from the norm - I mean, sure, the conventions are all there, but the way it's executed - genius.

A part of me wants to see an anime adaptation of this, but another part of me will die in anguish if it really happens! (I'm sure you get what I mean!)
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 12:43   Link #32
Bern-san

it's a shame she didn't think at that time to make him go bald instead of dying his hair and Teru's friends reaction to Kurosaki with black hair was hilarious

and here is the image that is used on the cover of volume 8:
Spoiler for :

/i know it's offtopic but the other day I read another manga made by Motome-sensei called Otokomae!Beads Kurabu which has one volume with 4 chapters and a oneshot called "Very Black White Day". The oneshot and Otokomae were both great, especially Otokomae and I totally recommend giving it a try. This guy is a genius making shojo mixed with comedy
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 15:10   Link #33
Bern-san

sorry for the double post although a month has passed since the last post

chapter 31 is out

Spoiler for 31:

looks like things are going to get pretty interesting in future chapters, especially with this akira guy
Old 2011-04-13, 16:12   Link #34
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yeah my interest in this manga got down by 70%. I really hate thos love triangle shits and the first-kiss stealers.

Guess I will drop this manga soon since it is falling into your usual shoujo territory that I hate. And here I thought there was an original shoujo. Guess I shouldnt hope too much. But it is still disappointing as hell.

Well at least there is still Kacou wa Maid-sama for a good shoujo.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-04-13 at 16:23.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 01:49   Link #35
Bern-san

you're actually wrong, i've read summaries of the next 10 chapters or so and we are NOT having a love triangle (i don't think this story really needs one and i can't see this guy as kurosaki's rival in love)
in fact
Spoiler for future chapters:
Old 2011-04-14, 02:04   Link #36
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Still my interest in this manga dropped a ton. Maybe if Kurosaki kissed her after, but they are still going to play chaste like in most of silly shoujo's.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 02:37   Link #37
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'd say it's because he still dealing with some inner demons would be the reason for the whole chaste business. Hell, the don't even confirm what we already knew including her until like chapter 41...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 12:42   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yoyo-kun is pretty damn creepy, though interesting development. It shouldn't be long before Kurosaki crosses his path.

Kurosaki's text message totally made this chapter. You don't get more hnnnggghhhh then that reaction of Teru's.
Old 2011-06-06, 15:57   Link #39
Bern-san

i've just read 32, how can Takeda's dog be that cute (especially in the cover page with Tasuku)
Spoiler for 32:
Old 2011-07-02, 08:43   Link #40
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Chapter 33 is so full of win and glee.

Spoiler for Ch33:

Of course, what started as a heartwarming chapter could not stay as such the entire time. Now I have to wait another 2 months for my fix after this cliffhanger.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-07-02 at 08:56.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote