AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-05, 00:45   Link #2761
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I suggest one-handed as a backup; whether you want to go dual wielding or 1 handed with shield/magic is up to you. Although it sounds like shield would be a good investment from your description of killing mages up close since the block tree receives an elemental resist perk.
She uses dual wielding (a thrill watching to see her do the coup de grace), btw, but sometimes it's a mixed bag as certain bruisers with big axes or hammers can be a pain in the ass unless I first stun him with a blast or chew his HP through careful sniping in the open.

Quote:
I also suggest going to Skyrim Nexus later on and getting Nexus Mod Manager. Extremely useful for organizing all your mods in one place, and it installs downloaded mods for you, which is better overall, unless the developer of the mod lists specific instructions otherwise.
I have it now, but not installed yet as I'll check later whether if the manager requires that I have to patch the game first.
Old 2012-06-05, 01:43   Link #2762
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

[QUOTE=Ak3mi;4192834]Amazing detail, really awesome that story.

Quote:
Holy crap, that was a wall of text if I ever saw one. Still, read through it and I like the detail.
Thank you , like i said in a previous post the thing i like about skyrim is that it really pumps up my imagination to get the character to fit in, even so i did do some research when making that story so that it does fit the lore XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
What face mod are you using? Looks intense.
I'm using Oriental Beauty race (with the hair requirements and Ran's head mesh D) for beautification regarding the NPC's and for my character i'm using Ashen V2 + Tera Hair Pack weight Fix.

Quote:
Il post my hellsing character when he is made
Hellsing character ? that sounds pretty cool .
Quote:
Been searching forever for a male Asian themed armor, and glad I came across the Akavir armors and the Ronin armor:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17779 <-- akaviri

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17368 <-- ronin
Yup i have the Akavir armor installed myself really awesome gear XD. Thanks for the ronin gear link ^^.
Old 2012-06-05, 02:49   Link #2763
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

You guys use custom hair mods or something?
Old 2012-06-05, 07:53   Link #2764
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yeah but I only use the ones that are lore friendly. final fantasy hair is a no no
Old 2012-06-05, 08:03   Link #2765
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A lot of people use the ApachiiSky hair pack... some of the styles in it don't break immersion too badly other than assuming people wash their hair. OTOH... otoh, some of the styles in it just don't fit at all (as Kyero ninja posted ahead of me ).

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10168

This mod helps... it scatters the mod hairstyles onto all the NPCs in the world.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15411

I only tend to use certain hair styles on certain races.... elves get a bit more fashionista because, well, they've elves. Otherwise, I tend to pick the hairstyle based on the character design -- e.g. my Redguard warrior using a very short unkempt style or my dark elf assassin keeping the hair tied back.

I'd really like to find a decent twintail mod that had physically animated hair --- I'm guessing that's damned hard or it would have been done by now.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:50   Link #2766
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
You guys use custom hair mods or something?
In my case i use Apachi, numenume, Ren, Sims, HS and in my last screens i used Tera weight fix hair, but the only ones i found to be truly good imho are apachi, HS and Tera which depends on color used (at least from my tries i noticed that Tera usually works nice with darker colors).

Last edited by delorean2200; 2012-06-05 at 11:01.
delorean2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 00:23   Link #2767
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Ic Ic, although I do not know the acronym HS. Ren is short for something?
Old 2012-06-06, 02:46   Link #2768
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Nope its the nick of the one who converted/made the hair, her pack was probably the most famous one for Oblivion this are mostly conversions from that.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:18   Link #2769
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I use apachi too. When will dawnguard most likely be out for the PC around august/september?
Old 2012-06-06, 10:47   Link #2770
Who

Quote:
I use apachi too. When will dawnguard most likely be out for the PC around august/september?
Bethesda announced the release for the 360 to be on June 26th, and stated the PC/PS3 versions should come out a month later, so yeah. Late July/early August, most likely.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:37   Link #2771
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

sweet, really excited to use crossbows, just makes my character concept so much more intresting , nerding out.
Old 2012-06-06, 12:32   Link #2772
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I want a kick ass van helsing outfit to go with them.

By the way does anyone know if a vampire is outside in the sun too long if theyre fake messes up. Like if it looks like it's burning up cuz that's what happen to my vampire chick.
Old 2012-06-06, 13:19   Link #2773
DuoRanger
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BSDnMHBQ9M
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 21:43   Link #2774
DuoRanger
Banned

Well here's my little pet project
[spoiler]
since skyrim save files sucks for their compatibility with some NPC mods, im playing all again to see the results
so here's Lydia for now

http://i.imgur.com/OI5Hv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AbQ6M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HIZ68.jpg

Well since skyrim showed up the 5 main holds being more organized thus different(Whiterun being the old and classic RPG/rohan city with good warriors, Solitude's Medieval/GoT city style, Riften's Thief/Ranger looks), i've deiced to change the look of our housecarls since they all looked the same crap with steel set, a steel sword and same stats, so my new pet projetct is based in their main cities look

Take Lydia for an example: she lives in whiterun, thus she's one of the many housecarls in whiterun hold, so since she lived there for her entire life, probbaly she received some training from the Companions, maybe she was even a shield sister too before she became a housecarl, thx for her training she's good now with 1h weapons/DW, Shields and Mainly heavy 2h weapons(hammers, thus she going She-Hulk with Volendrung), thus her main armor is the Ancient Nord set.

for the other Housecarls, when i get them i'll show their modfications like argis using a Tanking Dwarven set, Iona being a Ranger and etc.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-06-08 at 04:47. Reason: Please use thumbnails or the new images tag for big pics like this.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 04:25   Link #2775
sa547
*Author

Seems that Dawnstar is a veritable dragon magnet, as I've killed four of them. The funny thing is, apart from the mess of dragon skeletons blocking the road, the local soldiers still remain dead; I wish they should respawn.

As an assassin with a glass bow and sword (both boosted to superior), I'm happy with the sneaking advantage (and other perks, including Cicero's gear and an undead horse that serves as an effective distraction for dragons in case of an attack) that I've acquired through living with the Dark Brotherhood: stalking in the darkness, from my cover taking aim at my mark, and scoot away easy before the troops could catch up with me.
Old 2012-06-08, 04:27   Link #2776
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

*SIGH*

I learned some time ago that using console commands wasn't such a good idea, especially if you wanted to have fun training yourself against one-time enemies or opponents you rarely if ever encounter (ancient dragons, dragon priests) outside of their respective quests - I somehow managed to vanish ("markfordelete") the floor around Jarl Balgruuf's throne in Dragonsreach, which means that every time I tried to approach him I found myself in freefall heading for god knew where. I also managed to mistakenly delete Aela (I used the player.placeatme command to see what a posse of Aela's could do against a couple of dragons - the problem is, the real Aela was there, too, and i couldn't differentiate her from the rest anymore DERPPITYDERPDERP), which means that the Companions quest couldn't be completed...
Spoiler:

So...I tried restarting the entire game from scratch and this time I got a few things right, such as the Windhelm murders (which apparently can EASILY be broken if you don't follow a certain sequence of events/decisions) and the Sanguine (I don't know how this one went awry, no console commands were used to jam it) quests.

And...all went well: finished the Alduin storyline in little time, completed the civil war quest right after that, barely started the College story and was turning my attention to the Daedra Princes quests... And right as I was about to go to Ilinalta's Deep to seek Azura's Star...boom.

CTD.

Crash To Desktop.

No error messages.
Restarted from the most recent save, tried a different location.
Wham again. CTD.

I'm pretty sure it's not the oft-referenced audio settings issue and the game is supposed to be up to date, so I really doubt it has to do with the 2Gb bug.

Anyone got an idea on how to fix this, short of going back to an earlier save (which would force me to restart at least a dozen quests and trips)? Some think it's due to progressive database corruption, but I haven't encountered that on my previous campaign (the one I abandoned) - and God knows I spent twice more time on that one without encountering a CTD.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-06-08 at 04:40.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 09:28   Link #2777
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
*snips*
I've found that the non-walled towns always have a danger of dragon attacks if you quick-travel to them. Some people mention that the areas of Falkreath and Morthal have REALLY high chances (due to overlapping spawn areas), but for my playthroughs it always seems to be the College of Winterhold. Must be the high elevation.

Funnily enough, I've never seen Riften attacked yet, but then again any dragon attacking THAT city is bound to go down, as I counted more than fifteen guardsmen doing rounds there, particularly during early evenings (and believe me, I tried spawning an elder there before, and it went down without my intervention in less than five minutes).
Old 2012-06-08, 12:59   Link #2778
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I've found that the non-walled towns always have a danger of dragon attacks if you quick-travel to them. Some people mention that the areas of Falkreath and Morthal have REALLY high chances (due to overlapping spawn areas), but for my playthroughs it always seems to be the College of Winterhold. Must be the high elevation.

Funnily enough, I've never seen Riften attacked yet, but then again any dragon attacking THAT city is bound to go down, as I counted more than fifteen guardsmen doing rounds there, particularly during early evenings (and believe me, I tried spawning an elder there before, and it went down without my intervention in less than five minutes).
I've been attacked at the Riften *stables* (outside the city) twice... but only twice spread across all my characters.

@Renegade334 - I don't want to sound depressing but yeah, your only recourse may be an earlier save. I had this happen on one of my characters several months ago and still have not found any documentation on how to fix it. The game just seems enormously sensitive to corrupted saves (no error code processing at all for save files). If there was a file editor tool, one might be able to go in and fix a given save file.

Save often.... :P
Old 2012-06-08, 13:22   Link #2779
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No one knows the answer to my vampire queation?
Old 2012-06-08, 14:58   Link #2780
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

^I haven't played vampire sorry.

For me Morthal is a regular magnet every time i fast travel there bam dragon, it almost feels like cheating .

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim