AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Old 2012-09-25, 10:03   Link #101
Kunagisa

Hmm, I am surprised people didn't complain about Yuuki Kaji yet (if you're not awared, he will be voicing 14 year old Satoru and the info was updated with the last PV); he was also the secret guest at the premiere event. Overall report seem pretty positive for the screening, the author will voice something at episode 3.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 10:33   Link #102
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Hmm, I am surprised people didn't complain about Yuuki Kaji yet (if you're not awared, he will be voicing 14 year old Satoru and the info was updated with the last PV); he was also the secret guest at the premiere event. Overall report seem pretty positive for the screening, the author will voice something at episode 3.
I like Yuki Kaiji as long as they don't typecast him for the same kind of character over and over again. I don't really see the problem here.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 10:35   Link #103
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/shinsekaiyori/bd_dvd/

25 episodes confirmed. 9 DVD/BD volumes - 1 ep in vol1, 3 eps in vol2-9.

They'll probably cover each book in 8-9 episodes, which seems more than enough.
aren't there just 2 books?
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 10:40   Link #104
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Hmm, I am surprised people didn't complain about Yuuki Kaji yet (if you're not awared, he will be voicing 14 year old Satoru and the info was updated with the last PV); he was also the secret guest at the premiere event.
Complaing about Yuuki Kaji is so spring,there's new fads now
Old 2012-09-25, 10:44   Link #105
bastek66

Quote:
Shoe...

What to complain? Did you watch latest Lupin? He did good job voicing Oscar.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:04   Link #106
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Some of us have already expressed our dismay weeks ago...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 14:31   Link #107
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yuki kaiji would never be my first choice for a lead but he's getting more tolerable of late. I think his main issue was he was in Guilty Crown and Aquarion so close together and both were just such brutal shows with him at the forefront as just terribly unlikeable characters. Haruyuki was his type but ultimately a step in the right direction and Oscar was even okay till okada just mangled hid character in the last episode so who knows.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 14:37   Link #108
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I honestly don't understand Yuuki Kaiji hate at all. Sure he voices a lot of nervous males but it's not like that archetype is bad in itself. It's up to the writers to make it good. He just does his job well (Evidently too well). And it's not like he can't voice cool characters either. There's Walker from Durarara!!, Yo from Deadman Wonderland, the Novelist in Un-Go and Oscar in Lupin III. They may usually be side characters but he can still do them.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-09-25 at 15:41.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 14:56   Link #109
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Hmm, I am surprised people didn't complain about Yuuki Kaji yet
No body was complaining since that particular piece of info was kept to some of ourselves, but OH WELL. Now that you got the cat out of the bag, I guess we have to address it :P

Personally, I never had any problem with Yuuki Kaji. He's not one of my favorites but I never thought he was bad, he just got some annoying roles but overall his work had been okay I thought. I know that there is a segment of people who are all like ''Damn it, Yuuki Kaji, why do you kill everything I love!?'' (slight exaggeration) whenever his name shows up, but I never felt that. He's just and okay VA, all things considered, and I never thought his voice ended up ruining anything in any show he had been in.

Anyways, something that I'm sure Dr. Cassy will be ecstatic about

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/shinsekaiyori/bd_dvd/

25 episodes confirmed. 9 DVD/BD volumes - 1 ep in vol1, 3 eps in vol2-9.

They'll probably cover each book in 8-9 episodes, which seems more than enough.
Well, it wasn't what I wanted, but I'm happy regardless, since that means I have now about 8 or 9 long running shows from the upcoming Fall to keep me company.

It'll also (hopefully) mean that they will have as much time as they need to explore the world and it's setting, so looking forward to that.
Old 2012-09-25, 16:04   Link #110
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
Nope: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/shinsekaiyori/original/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 16:45   Link #111
firetiger027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I honestly don't understand Yuuki Kaiji hate at all. Sure he voices a lot of nervous males but it's not like that archetype is bad in itself. It's up to the writers to make it good. He just does his job well (Evidently too well). And it's not like he can't voice cool characters either. There's Walker from Durarara!!, Yo from Deadman Wonderland, the Novelist in Un-Go and Oscar in Lupin III. They may usually be side characters but he can still do them.
Yeah I agree! I probably wouldn't think much of him at all if people weren't always complaining about him but because they do I pay attention to him whenever he has a part. I thought his voice was great in Un-Go and Lupin, he can do really good crazy. Actually I think he sounds a bit like Akira Ishida who is one of my favorite voice actors so because of that I've started to like Kaji a lot more. I just hope this character isn't a whiny type of character, so far it doesn't look like he is but I don't know anything about the novels so I'm just going based off of looks and he looks like a strong character.
firetiger027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 16:51   Link #112
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would respond in detail on the Kaji Yuuki thing - because I'm one who considers him a detriment in almost every role and, frankly, a poor actor with almost no range - but this thread is probably already too derailed from the show at hand. So I guess I'll agree to disagree about him (though I still wish he weren't cast in this show of all Fall shows).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 19:23   Link #113
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
Depends on which publication. The one duckroll linked is the newest one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Complaing about Yuuki Kaji is so spring,there's new fads now
And here I was hoping it would become a tradition (inb4 Zaregoto animated 2020 with Yuuki Kaji as Ii and became the most epic anime in history surpassing Gundam SEED sales because EVA and World of Golden Egg cheated so they don't count).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Shoe...

Absolutely nothing. I started to watched GC for him afterall (despite dropping it fairly early on). There was a time when I was so sick of hearing him for every single main role, but I do that with everybody at random times (even HanaKana at some point), but generally I still like him (and like Haak mention he was great as Novelist in UN-GO well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
No body was complaining since that particular piece of info was kept to some of ourselves, but OH WELL. Now that you got the cat out of the bag, I guess we have to address it :P
I mentioned Kaji to derail from the previous topic that I did not intend to become the focus of discussion. Unfortunately I posted after reading the comments for the screening and before reading duckroll and Utsuro no Hako' posts, woops , and reading people's responses to him are always fun for me. Though we don't have to deal with him for at least for the beginning part, so like Enzo suggests let's drop this (for now ...!!!).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 21:34   Link #114
Kakkou
Tch.

I was wondering when the next AS anime thread would turn into a Yuki Kaji discussion. But yeah, this isn't the right time for this. Let the anime reach that point in the story first. Can't have this topic die out before broadcast even begins.

Quote:
And here I was hoping it would become a tradition
I always thought it was.

Quote:
(inb4 Zaregoto animated 2020 with Yuuki Kaji as Ii and became the most epic anime in history surpassing Gundam SEED sales because EVA and World of Golden Egg cheated so they don't count).
Kaji as Ii-chan... oh god, it never crossed my mind. Damn it's bad enough a Zaregoto anime is nowhere in sight but now I can't stop thinking of him as Ii-chan. Maybe I'll reread the first two novels with that thought in mind.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 21:54   Link #115
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I was wondering when the next AS anime thread would turn into a Yuki Kaji discussion. But yeah, this isn't the right time for this. Let the anime reach that point in the story first. Can't have this topic die out before broadcast even begins.

I always thought it was.

Kaji as Ii-chan... oh god, it never crossed my mind. Damn it's bad enough a Zaregoto anime is nowhere in sight but now I can't stop thinking of him as Ii-chan. Maybe I'll reread the first two novels with that thought in mind.
Isn't Nisio against Zaregoto or Ningen anime?
Old 2012-09-27, 09:54   Link #117
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Shoe...

I liked him as Oscar.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 00:10   Link #118
duckroll
綺羅星★!

A little over 10 hours until this airs. Finally the Fall season will begin! Hopefully with a bang.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 03:57   Link #119
pinoscotto

is there any decnt group that will sub this?
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 04:00   Link #120
ykf566

So hyped for this, probably more so than any other anime in the past. Can only hope Crunchyroll picks this up.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, science fiction, supernatural