AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-18, 06:09   Link #7241
Tiberium Wolf

Prosecutor: Former Harvard student faked prestigious academic career

Swindling like there was no tomorrow. Instead of throwing him into jail, ppl should give him political post.
Old 2010-05-18, 11:38   Link #7242
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

John Travolta's pet dogs 'die in airport accident'
Poor guy. First his son, now his dogs.
Old 2010-05-18, 12:54   Link #7243
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
John Travolta's pet dogs 'die in airport accident'
Poor guy. First his son, now his dogs.
sounds like one of the old time HK drama. Hope he doesn't get cancer next (usually leukemia).
Old 2010-05-18, 22:01   Link #7244
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Thai army advances on Bangkok protest site

Another battle in Bangkok...
Old 2010-05-18, 23:09   Link #7245
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Daliy Show and the Colbert report?
Jon Stewart? You're kidding right Xellos?

I stay as far away from TV news as I can get anymore. It's gotten so horribly bad(no I do not watch 1 second of Fox News either even though I'm right wing). I remember during the 2008 elections my dad almost busted his 37" TV when watching CNN he was so pissed at their news network.
Old 2010-05-19, 01:08   Link #7246
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Jon Stewart? You're kidding right Xellos?

I stay as far away from TV news as I can get anymore. It's gotten so horribly bad(no I do not watch 1 second of Fox News either even though I'm right wing). I remember during the 2008 elections my dad almost busted his 37" TV when watching CNN he was so pissed at their news network.
CNN is not called Cirno News Network for nothing.

You may have seen this already, but here it is:

and remember Tibet riot some years ago? They had the intelligence to label what is written AMBULANCE in Chinese a Military vehicle taking ppl into custody. What could we say?

If you want to see some less biased reporting than US news stations, try going to global sites like BBC or something like that.

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
Old 2010-05-19, 01:24   Link #7247
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I don't think there's a news outlet alive in America that isn't biased heavily anymore. One way or another.
Bloomberg News Or at least they claim to be unbiased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
CNN is not called Cirno News Network for nothing.
Really? I thought it was Circus News Network
Old 2010-05-19, 04:14   Link #7248
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Thai protest leaders surrender, as troops storm camp

Quote:
An Italian photojournalist was among the dead and dozens were wounded as demonstrators and army units exchanged fire.
Wonder how UN will react...
Old 2010-05-19, 05:53   Link #7249
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I seriously wish Russia would just send a nuclear-tipped Topol-M down here. UN probably won't do anything since it's an oversized talk shop. Neither would ASEAN since Thailand is still a place for making money.

On the other hand, it would be easier to bribe government officials there if you want to set up a business if the junta has full control in the country, since they will definitely become more corrupted than Thaksin. Always look on the bright side of life......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-19, 06:36   Link #7250
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Always look on the bright side of life......
That's the way to go! Just like when people go in with hammers and knives and butcher elementary/middle school students! ♥

...Wait. Wat?
Old 2010-05-19, 07:25   Link #7251
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
That's the way to go! Just like when people go in with hammers and knives and butcher elementary/middle school students! ♥

...Wait. Wat?
I believe this will explain everything.
Old 2010-05-19, 08:19   Link #7252
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I seriously wish Russia would just send a nuclear-tipped Topol-M down here. UN probably won't do anything since it's an oversized talk shop. Neither would ASEAN since Thailand is still a place for making money.

On the other hand, it would be easier to bribe government officials there if you want to set up a business if the junta has full control in the country, since they will definitely become more corrupted than Thaksin. Always look on the bright side of life......
Reminded me on my country's situation for 40 years...
Have to bribe every desk you've visited during applying official paper work.
Even you must bribe the security for showing your way to the right desk.

Another news from Indonesia regarding Thomas/Uber Cup.

Apparently one of Chinese coaches, named Tang Xian Hu is born in Indonesia. And he is the mastermind of coaching gold generation of Indonesian badminton team in 90's (Alan Budikusuma, Ardy B Wiranata, Hariyanto Arbi).
So why is he now with China? Apparently because Indonesia's immigration didnt grant him a citizenship. And he confess he even bribe 50 million for his "green card" in Indonesia.
Related news link (in Indonesia language)
http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/2010...kang.Lin.Dan-3
http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/2010...mbali.ke.China

Haiz, hopefully Thailand didnt become a country like Indonesia.
Old 2010-05-19, 13:36   Link #7253
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The UN will talk and talk and talk but in the end will do nothing as it is perceive authority is nothing more then a mirage.
Old 2010-05-19, 13:50   Link #7254
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Haiz, hopefully Thailand didnt become a country like Indonesia.
If it becomes an SEA trend I am taking my family to Switzerland. It is happening, on a smaller degree, in Malaysia, but the place is that you pay bribes so the officials won't do their jobs (usually traffic police officers in this case). However, for the case of Indonesia, it's that you have to pay them bribes in order for them to do their job. Thailand, to a small degree, is inclined towards Indonesia style of bribery.

Disclaimer : This resource is from ground up and undocumented by authorities. Don't quote me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-19, 14:14   Link #7255
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In the "I wish we had more news like THIS to report instead of the "people being mean to people" daily crap..." department:

Photos of the solar transit of the ISS and Shuttle:
http://astrosurf.com/legault/iss_atl...nsit_2010.html

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-05-19 at 14:53.
Old 2010-05-19, 14:32   Link #7256
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Only in ode to joy Vexx... Only in ode to joy. =(

Though I've come to expect people to be cruel, vicious, and unrelenting to other people. It's in their nature to be violent or somewhat driven. But all this needless bigotry and violence isn't improving my opinion on mankind as a whole.

Though Indonesia will unfortunately be quite well known for awhile yet, methinsk.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:54   Link #7257
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, apparently the official report on that South Korean navy ship that sank was released by the UN and it lays the blame for the sinking on a North Korean torpedo.

You can only tell the troops "you're at war" so many times before they actually lob a shot off once in a while in excitement.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:57   Link #7258
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
If it becomes an SEA trend I am taking my family to Switzerland.
Why switzerland??

Btw,
'North Korean torpedo' sank South's navy ship

Come on Kim, just launch your rudal to Japan...
Old 2010-05-19, 23:45   Link #7259
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hmmm, apparently the official report on that South Korean navy ship that sank was released by the UN and it lays the blame for the sinking on a North Korean torpedo.

You can only tell the troops "you're at war" so many times before they actually lob a shot off once in a while in excitement.
Actually only an Armistice has been agreed upon, and technically the war never ended since 1953 because of some tantrum on the Soviet side.

So yeah......both Koreas have been at war since 1948.

Old 2010-05-19, 23:48   Link #7260
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

My mom found out amongst the places burned down in arsonist attacks in Thailand, her home was one. I may not get along with her all of the time...but what's happening over there is saddening.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international