AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: how long has it been?
less then 1 year 6 6.59%
1-2 years 12 13.19%
3-5 years 14 15.38%
6-8years 18 19.78%
9 years 5 5.49%
10+ 36 39.56%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-19, 23:38   Link #1
me=D
mister smillie

How long have you been liking anime?

Lets see i like anime since 7th grade. Before that i seen anime like the ones on tv but never really new it was called anime or anything. I'm just wondering how long ill still like anime things i like tend to come and go. Thats why im wondering how long have u guys been watchin it and knowing its anime, not like when u were 8 and watchin pokemon that doesnt count.

this is just to c if ill b addicted forever =D

ive been watchin for a little over a year now
Old 2004-05-19, 23:42   Link #2
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
How long have I like anime? 6-inches mate
Old 2004-05-19, 23:44   Link #3
me=D
mister smillie

Talking

i guess ill be addicted forever then haha
Old 2004-05-19, 23:47   Link #4
krispydigital

Send a message via AIM to krispydigital Send a message via MSN to krispydigital
ehhh.... bout four yrs. Man....i remember when my friend introduced me to anime and showed me love hina....whew...addicted since then.
Old 2004-05-19, 23:51   Link #5
me=D
mister smillie

Lightbulb

I think ill proby like anime forever but ill be watching less and less after a while. To many things going on to be able to follow 10 series
Old 2004-05-20, 00:03   Link #6
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I don't really know how I should vote, since I have watched and enjoyed a lot of anime during my childhood, but then of course I had no idea it was "anime", to me it just was (and anime still is) just "animated pictures". So I can either vote for 10+ or 3-5 years (since I discovered just what "anime" was and the fandom around three years ago, when I got broadband).
Old 2004-05-20, 00:04   Link #7
Arwyn

Been watching since 79 or 80, no plans on stopping.
Old 2004-05-20, 00:10   Link #8
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Im a former anime hater..., that's why i've only start watching anime when I was 18 y/o...
Old 2004-05-20, 00:18   Link #9
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

most of the cartoons they aired on tv when I was kid were shows like Voltes V, Mazinger Z and Daimos .... but since I was a small child.... I'm pretty sure I didn't know that those shows were "anime"... but I enjoyed them still...

so I'm gonna have to say that I started watching and liking fansubs 3-5 years ago... but have liked anime in general for 10+ years...
Old 2004-05-20, 00:33   Link #10
chuckert
Registered Abuser

Send a message via AIM to chuckert
I've been watching anime for about 8yrs now myself. I first got really into it when my sister showed me Wicked City, Battle Angel Alita, and Outlanders. After that I was pretty much hooked and have been ever since.
Old 2004-05-20, 00:46   Link #11
nephilim
Loves Kaori

i started anime last year. was .hack//sign because i was looking around in kazaa and saw that curious title.

counting those times when i watched anime without knowing it was anime... i say it has been around 10 years (gasp! i'm already so old!)
Old 2004-05-20, 00:48   Link #12
me=D
mister smillie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Im a former anime hater..., that's why i've only start watching anime when I was 18 y/o...
i think i no why u were an anime hater. some people in my school that like anime r very uhh how should i put this there just weird. i no some ppl that hate anime becuz of those weird ppl, not a good reason though. u should only hate it if u dont like it.

is it the same reason?
Old 2004-05-20, 00:49   Link #13
Kakashi-Sharingan
-=Sharingan=-

I got hooked to Naruto
Old 2004-05-20, 01:00   Link #14
me=D
mister smillie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi-Sharingan
I got hooked to Naruto

one of my friends got hooked on naruto too. I got him hooked =D
Old 2004-05-20, 01:17   Link #15
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Please post more than one line or this post will be closed for being useless.

I grew up with Korean-dubbed anime [I am now 16]. The first animes I remember watching are Ranma 1/2, DB, and Dr. Slump.
My interest in anime has always waned when access to it was unavailable. I now have a cable internet connection and now can download all the fansubs I want.
Old 2004-05-20, 01:30   Link #16
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Since always and forever. Since "Astro boy" and "He-man" to be exact.
Old 2004-05-20, 03:07   Link #17
xfordained
you should die

first i was watching astro boy when i was liek 5 then i saw vampire hunter d but still didnt know it was anime then finally i saw evangelion then i became obsesses sadly nothing has comes close to it
Old 2004-05-20, 03:10   Link #18
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
If i tell you how long i've been addicted into anime... i don't believe you'll believe me.

Believe it or not... i already start watching anime even before i was born.
Honest... this is becoz...^^ My mom and dad loves anime ^^

When i'm in my mom's womb i've already watch Doraemon and Astro boy...at that time i don't think it was known as ANime yet...

I remember the very 1st anime that i really get hook into is Doraemon and Ultraman the animation...(If you were considered that as an anime...lolz)

Anyway i got hook by anime my entire 17 years 5 months 6 days and 12 hours + err... rite now suppose to be...ohya & 46 minutes...should i mention the seconds??
(I think you got my point... )

And like others i don't think i'll stop loving them but the problem about getting insulted by class mates and friends for watching anime have make me immune towards them, is true that certain people that watch anime doesn't seems to get a certain respect by others who think that watching anime is for kids...

Damn... until i prove them wrong!!! Anime is for all ages...at all time...at all place...and is definitely doesn't suit kids age 6 and below.

Well certain anime might be suitable for them though like Doraemon...
Old 2004-05-20, 04:52   Link #19
elihua

Quote:
Originally Posted by me=D
i think i no why u were an anime hater. some people in my school that like anime r very uhh how should i put this there just weird. i no some ppl that hate anime becuz of those weird ppl, not a good reason though. u should only hate it if u dont like it.

is it the same reason?
A lot of the people I knew from school who liked anime were indeed um, odd, I guess, too. Liked to spend every lunch hour and break of every singe day in the library playing various card games. Made lots of sound effects when they talked. Obsessed with vampires. That sort of thing. It seemed to me that everyone else didn't pay them much attention, though. Not enough to have them effect their opinions on anything, anyway. Though I suppose some people do end up avoiding anime cause of people like them. It would be a very scary hobby if we were all like that, after all. Still silly to think that we are, of course...

Liked anime (and actually known what it was) since 5th grade... I think that's nine years. My interest in it comes and goes. Usually when the interest came back I'd watch lots of different things, and when I found something I really liked I'd watch all of that and then kinda forget about anime for a while. This last year I've been watching it all the time though, probably just cause now I'm always stuck in a college dorm with nothing to do. I think whether or not you sort of grow out of anime might depend on why you like it. The people who like to watch it just for gore or because giant robots are cool or stuff like that probably get tired after a while. It's hard for me to think of someone who watches anime cause they like complicated stories and good character development deciding they have grown out of liking those things. Then again, I'm not very old yet, and will probably still be incredibly immature even when I am, so I really know nothing. Probably more complicated than that. The majority of anime fans seem to be pretty young, after all.
Old 2004-05-20, 05:35   Link #20
Immortal Raven

Send a message via MSN to Immortal Raven
I started to watch Anime last year. I was bored so I downloaded Onegai Teacher off KaZaA, since then I have been hooked.

I have watched alot of Anime without knowing it was Anime, so that means I have liked Anime for over 10 years.
Closed Thread