Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-08-24, 23:46   Link #41
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
After a long break and learning how to better use Adobe i've started to CG my works . So here's my first attempt after watching tons of Youtube videos ^+^

I know the color are sorta all over the image, but it's my first ^_^. The pinkish blob on the top left is what I found to be the perfect skin tone color ^_^. --(f4ddc3)-- She actually has brownish eyes, but I got tired and left her with blue eyes, cause I found it looked better on her, but she will eventually leave with brown eyes.

Spoiler:

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-08-25 at 00:08.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 14:17   Link #42
geki~
noLife
*Artist

It's decent for a first try
One thing that is really bothering me is the eyes though.
You should fill the whole eye with color that stays inside the circle, and outside of it, in the borders of the upper eye line and the lower one, make it white and put gaussian blur 2 on it. Also some shading on the skin and hair wouldn't be bad. The highlights on the hair atm look a bit random :P But since it's your first try, it's ok =) Keep it up and you'll get better and more and more used to color your pictures digitally ^^
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:29   Link #43
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

After taking time from my drawing i've decided to post my unfinished scans, to see what ya think of them.

Work by Aoi Nanase ^_^ - It's not finished at the moment. I removed the colors from her miko outfit, and monochromed the bottom piece, which I don't know what the name of it is called anyway (since the original image has lots of leave's shadow over the entire outfit, so I've removed them too so the image can be used for a wide variety of backgrounds without too much cleaning up or alterations). I've removed the color from the bow too, i'll go back and shade the bow and color it later too. I've went back with the clone tool and re applied some of the edges to smooth out the extraction. For some reason my pen tool is acting funny, so i haven't been able to vector some borders on the bottom of the picture where the grass have come up and blocked some parts of the outfit. Till I figure out what's wrong with it, i'll have to wait. (don't mind the broom, I'll do that last, since it'll be easy to extract the broom out)

Lol, I don't remember that black thingy on her hair, w/e i'll remove that before I post it up.

But I would like to see ya guys/gals feedback ^_^ - I'll post the finished scan on Daisuki.br later when I finish it, so if you would like a copy, you can click on that "daisuki scans" hyperlink for it later.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-11-04, 22:24   Link #44
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Does your "scan" mean "render"?? If so, you did a pretty good job with it. The edges are nicely cut. One thing: the stuff around her "antenna" should be removed otherwise nice one
Old 2007-11-04, 22:47   Link #45
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Does your "scan" mean "render"?? If so, you did a pretty good job with it. The edges are nicely cut. One thing: the stuff around her "antenna" should be removed otherwise nice one
I meant extraction >.<, i was on moeimouto so much and other places I just habitual use that term sometimes. I often get those terms jumbled up too.

"Scan" "Render" "Extraction" "PNG Scan" - so I use them interchangeably >< but I try to stick to extraction and PNG scan, since that's what daisuki.br uses.

Old 2007-11-05, 06:28   Link #46
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
WOW!! I love the little drawing though. The hair is kinda blah to me. MAke the hair more wavy and make it stand out more too. OTher than that is nice. <33
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 07:03   Link #47
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Big render ^.^ The cut isn't very clean though, i can see some strange edges and spots if you use a black background. The edges look very strange at some places.

What did you use to extract it? I hope your not actually following the pen tool render posted over at AR(i saw your post there). And meh that tutorial isn't using the most sane way of pen tool rendering... It can be done a lot easier.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 18:10   Link #48
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Big render ^.^ The cut isn't very clean though, i can see some strange edges and spots if you use a black background. The edges look very strange at some places.

What did you use to extract it? I hope your not actually following the pen tool render posted over at AR(i saw your post there). And meh that tutorial isn't using the most sane way of pen tool rendering... It can be done a lot easier.
I used Adobe CS2 and I just use the polygon tool in 1 pixel feather. Yeah, I also saw the green parts of the tip of the antennas. There was originally grass there, but I went a little too far with my clone tool so some parts were added into it. I'll remove it before I post the finalized extraction.

Usually when i extract it out, I don't go for the jagged edge look, like so many I've seen. I try to make it look more original trying to add all of the original border from the stock, and adding some vectoring if need.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-11-05 at 18:21.
Old 2007-11-05, 19:04   Link #49
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

I think what Sephi's getting at is what method are you using

For example, I usually use polygonal lasso and magic wand tool usually to render
Old 2007-11-05, 19:18   Link #50
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I like it so far. The finished product should turn out nice.
Old 2007-11-06, 05:00   Link #51
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Polygonal lasso tool is doable. Just that you need to put a lot of dots to create a good round effect, you can see the edges looking strange on the hair that sticks out at the top of her head to due to not making enough dots. Though i would normally do it at 0 feather. And do the feathering at the end when needed.

I use to do it with the Polygonal Lasso to, but it's only for unimportant cuts for myself. I find it easier to make a good render with the pen tool mainly because you can do the curves so much better with.

Gl with the rest of it.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 02:33   Link #52
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

^the thing is, i never really quite got pen tool so polygonal lasso is good enough for me

But meh, going to learn it sooner or later since I do have to do graphics stuff for yearbook

Gl with the rest of the render and hope Vista doesnt go weird again =]
Old 2007-11-08, 22:25   Link #53
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Polygonal lasso tool is doable. Just that you need to put a lot of dots to create a good round effect, you can see the edges looking strange on the hair that sticks out at the top of her head to due to not making enough dots. Though i would normally do it at 0 feather. And do the feathering at the end when needed.

I use to do it with the Polygonal Lasso to, but it's only for unimportant cuts for myself. I find it easier to make a good render with the pen tool mainly because you can do the curves so much better with.

Gl with the rest of it.
I usually zoom to 1600x so I still get good round edges ^_^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
^the thing is, i never really quite got pen tool so polygonal lasso is good enough for me

But meh, going to learn it sooner or later since I do have to do graphics stuff for yearbook

Gl with the rest of the render and hope Vista doesnt go weird again =]
Same, I can't use the pen tool like the some movies expect you to. I can only jsut the standard pen to point where my dots will be and ill use the add anchor tool to connect and round it off.

Ughh... been too lazy and little time to even work on the extraction.

Old 2007-11-09, 00:34   Link #54
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Interestingly I actually find the pen tool easier to use than the polygonal lasso tool O-o

For curves you'd have to keep clicking with the lasso tool... gah.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 00:56   Link #55
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

sure polygon lasso is easy to start with but it takes like 15 minutes just to do a curve and it still don't look good. Way easier to just learn pen, it is made for tracing/rendering.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 12:59   Link #56
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
sure polygon lasso is easy to start with but it takes like 15 minutes just to do a curve and it still don't look good. Way easier to just learn pen, it is made for tracing/rendering.
I use both, since there some spots that are just easier to use the pen tool or the polygon lasso. But majortily, about 80% of the time I still use the polygon lasso. I just learned it that way ^_^

Old 2007-11-10, 17:06   Link #57
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

OK opinated questions for everyone here. I've have never tired to render snow before so I took a quick tutorial on it, but I don't think I did too good (there's not too many tutorials on snow too >.<). But I need ya's opinion on it now. Oh also the snow is on her head, her legs, her back near her buttocks and on her hands. - Don't download the wallpaper yet, it's not quite done, unless ya want a crappy version of it ^_^ It sorta looks more like white blobs of areas instead >.<

Old 2007-11-10, 17:14   Link #58
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
OK opinated questions for everyone here. I've have never tired to render snow before so I took a quick tutorial on it, but I don't think I did too good. But I need ya's opinion on it now. Oh also the snow is on her head, her legs, her back near her buttocks and on her hands. - Don't download the wallpaper yet, it's not quite done, unless ya want a crappy version of it ^_^ It sorta looks more like white blobs of areas instead >.<

um just to let u know that "she" isn't a she, she is a Trap XD

besides that, I think the snow is okay. The snow on her head kinda looks transparent
I think if u added some kind of shadow or something or make it more "whiter" or something it would look better.

Nice job in retrospect, Aoie ^__^

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 17:18   Link #59
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
um just to let u know that "she" isn't a she, she is a Trap XD

besides that, I think the snow is okay. The snow on her head kinda looks transparent
I think if u added some kind of shadow or something or make it more "whiter" or something it would look better.

Nice job in retrospect, Aoie ^__^
Ya, I know she's a trap ^_^. But the image of umm... h** is so beautiful. That's exactly what I thought of doing too, adding some shadow to make it more realistic. The snow actually had some texture till i took the blur tool and removed some of it.

EVIL TRAPS! bad Jun

ps: I just noticed that the grass needed to be in front of h** instead of behind. Ughh... I can't shade to save my life >.<

Old 2007-11-10, 17:24   Link #60
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Ya, I know she's a trap ^_^. But the image of umm... h** is so beautiful. That's exactly what I thought of doing too, adding some shadow to make it more realistic. The snow actually had some texture till i took the blur tool and removed some of it.

EVIL TRAPS! bad Jun

ps: I just noticed that the grass needed to be in front of h** instead of behind. Ughh... I can't shade to save my life >.<
thats okay, just keep working on it and tweaking it and u will get it.
and good thing u knew cuz if u didn't >.> XD

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art